• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Nictel
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:07 AM)
I just finished the Gerudo guardian and found out you can get the thunder helmet if you help all the Gerudos. So I got myself a new mission :-)
KimbleJay
Junior Member
(03-21-2017, 12:12 AM)

Originally Posted by jariw

This is not a tutorial-based Zelda. Test stuff. Talk to NPCs. Look around for spots that mentions dishes or potions. Analyze the stuff you get from NPCs.

For me it was the actual act of how to cook. The logical step would be to click on the pot then perhaps select 'cook...', but interacting with it only lets you rest by the fire. It's a bizarre design choice that you have to go into your menu then hold the items. I mean, once you know what to do, it's fine, but figuring it for the first time was a bit like... wha...?

When the old man offers to let you cook in his pot for the first time, I must have spent a good 20+ minutes wandering around trying to find another pot – since the one nearest him wasn't giving me the option when I interacted with it, I assumed he must have been talking about another one I could use. D'oh.
jariw
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:13 AM)
jariw's Avatar
The Korok "golf" - does anyone know if there are exactly 18 holes?
Dr.Hadji
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:15 AM)
Dr.Hadji's Avatar

Originally Posted by PKrockin

That accordion-playing Rito guy is one of my favorite additions to the game. He's got a cool design and it's just a great idea to encounter this traveling bard all over the place who introduce you to puzzles through old songs rather than, like, a stone tablet or something. I always get hyped when I hear that song.

I really wold have liked to hear his songs voiced. I don't care how bad people think the VA is, just being able to hear the rhythm through the words would have made a world of difference.
LucidMomentum
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:20 AM)
LucidMomentum's Avatar

Originally Posted by cryptosporidium

Griffith

I'm triggered right now.
Addi
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:20 AM)
Addi's Avatar
3 new shrines found today, I'm at 108. They are really hard to find right now, especially the ones in the Hebra region (even with the radar on). I ran through the game without the radar until around 90 shrines so I have to visit a lot of the same areas again... I have done 40 0f 42 shrine quests, just have to find the two last ones.

Running around in "empty" places for hours made me think that all the beautiful moments were finished, but after having done the last Kass trial and visited him in Rito village was awesome. There was a sunset and him playing the Rito tune with the kids singing. His final song was also cool, with the accordion Zelda theme.

Also got the Dark link set today, it makes you really fast at night!. I have a really edgy look going on with that set, a black horse with the monster saddle, a black royal shield and the edge of duality.
Last edited by Addi; 03-21-2017 at 12:23 AM.
FreedomFighter
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:25 AM)
FreedomFighter's Avatar
So, where in the world is Gorin City? I mountain climbed my WY through to the base of the actually mountain where the 8th trail sign is it read that non-Gorons should turn back. Followed the out of place music to shrine that will get me right back there but... anyone have a hint on finding the city or should I legit follow the path and read all the markers.

A simple hint will suffice. Thanks guys.
AaronMT86
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:27 AM)
AaronMT86's Avatar
Lost a 5x bow in Lake Hylia after going after Farosh and got shocked in the air :(
Tansut
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:28 AM)
Tansut's Avatar

Originally Posted by FreedomFighter

So, where in the world is Gorin City? I mountain climbed my WY through to the base of the actually mountain where the 8th trail sign is it read that non-Gorons should turn back. Followed the out of place music to shrine that will get me right back there but... anyone have a hint on finding the city or should I legit follow the path and read all the markers.

A simple hint will suffice. Thanks guys.

If you follow the path I think you should be find it fairly easily. If not you could always get the map of the area from the tower.
Addi
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:29 AM)
Addi's Avatar

Originally Posted by FreedomFighter

So, where in the world is Gorin City? I mountain climbed my WY through to the base of the actually mountain where the 8th trail sign is it read that non-Gorons should turn back. Followed the out of place music to shrine that will get me right back there but... anyone have a hint on finding the city or should I legit follow the path and read all the markers.

A simple hint will suffice. Thanks guys.

My tip is to start at the stable by the base of the mountain. Talk to people there.
jrush64
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:32 AM)
jrush64's Avatar
What the hell?? I just finally found the Ice dragon near Kakariko village. I spent yesterday searching Hebra for it. lool.
Dreavus
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:36 AM)
Dreavus's Avatar
Had a great moment on my way to Death Mountain the other day.

I was surprised to find a Guardian on the mountain path and it got the jump on me. It was charging up that laser attack quite fast for some reason and I couldn't seem to get away from it (shot after shot kept knocking me around and it kept moving in closer when I tried to run. I used up a ton of food staying alive I'm ashamed to say) I finally dodged one blast, readied an (possible weapon spoiler)ancient arrow, but didn't have a chance to aim it properly so I went for a leg instead. It blasted the leg off clean with one hit, he flipped from the impact and went crashing over the edge of cliff all the way down to the bottom of the mountain. It was still alive at the bottom but the fall damage had taken off several more of it's legs. It was definitely in no shape to climb back up.

That was one of the coolest encounters I've had in the game yet.
Hattori
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:37 AM)
I just stumbled upon the spring of wisdom... 😳 😳 😳
effingvic
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:54 AM)
effingvic's Avatar
Kass riddles are so hard. Ive wasted 20 arrows on the Gerudo tower one so far.
Last edited by effingvic; 03-21-2017 at 01:04 AM.
Rodin
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:55 AM)
If you don't move Link at night he almost falls asleep and tries to stay awake lol

Animations are so on point.
BorkBork
The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
(03-21-2017, 12:57 AM)
BorkBork's Avatar
Tarrey Town quest is pretty long and involved. Thought I would get something nicer at the end!
Brakke
(03-21-2017, 12:59 AM)
Brakke's Avatar
Alright, 113 Shrines secured, 297 Korok seeds (in only caring about getting to 300 there). My quest log shows 5 more Shrine Quests, so there must be a couple just sitting out in the open I missed... No idea where to go next tho lol. Might just do some Side Quests hoping they point me toward places I've neglected.

Also a thing I just noticed: the monster shop guy says there are 40 each of Hinox and Talus, and he says he wants me to go kill each of them. Is that a thing? Is there a reward there? He doesn't offer a current count so I have no clue if that's a "quest" or just a fun bit of trivia.

Originally Posted by BorkBork

Tarrey Town quest is pretty long and involved. Thought I would get something nicer at the end!

Dog the real reward is the friends we made along the way.
Thud
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:59 AM)
Thud's Avatar
Had to look up the locations of the last 12 shrines, but that's all 120 shrines.
effingvic
Member
(03-21-2017, 01:02 AM)
effingvic's Avatar
Nevermind got the puzzle. Wrong time of day. I love how a hunch works out :)

Originally Posted by BorkBork

Tarrey Town quest is pretty long and involved. Thought I would get something nicer at the end!

Its about the journey and memories made along the way bro. Plus the power of love.

*emotional piano music*
Conor_Fool
Member
(03-21-2017, 01:03 AM)
Conor_Fool's Avatar
Close to an hour into Eventide Island and got a game over at the very end...

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Originally Posted by Plum

I can't think of a name for (horse spoilers) the Royal White Horse. Any ideas, GAF?

I named mine Glenn 😂
Last edited by Conor_Fool; 03-21-2017 at 01:06 AM.
Naked Snake
(03-21-2017, 01:08 AM)
Naked Snake's Avatar
Can a cooking pot be lit without using a torch? What if it's raining?

I used to keep a torch in my inventory especially for this purpose, but then I noticed that there is usually one provided next to cooking pots in villages so I thought I'd better free up that inventory slot for a weapon...

Well now I've come across a cooking pot in an enemy camp at the eastern edge of the map, and I'm in need to cook some meals. Don't have a torch. I thought no problem I'll use a fire arrow to light it up, but surprisingly that didn't work after multiple tries. Even tried a flame sword and other fire-generating weapons. Nothing is lighting up this cooking pot :/

It has been constantly raining in the area, so I wonder if that's why? Or cooking pots can only be lit by a torch? That would be lame. Or did I just encounter a bug?
caramac
Member
(03-21-2017, 01:08 AM)
caramac's Avatar
Got hold of the game a few days ago, absolutely loving it so far. Looking forward to picking up some better weapons.
Farming equipment just doesn't cut it for long.
Definity
Member
(03-21-2017, 01:09 AM)
Definity's Avatar
Can't remember the last time I was this hooked on a game. I love just exploring the world that is out there and going on my own quests and adventures. I can definitely get the complaints about the dungeons. I wish they were longer and more involved - maybe with a mini boss or two. Oh well, this is still master class open world design.
jrush64
Member
(03-21-2017, 01:12 AM)
jrush64's Avatar
Not that it matters, Breath of the Wild now has 59 perfect scores.
Rodin
Member
(03-21-2017, 01:14 AM)

Originally Posted by jrush64

Not that it matters, Breath of the Wild now has 59 perfect scores.

Plus the Wii U ones
Creamium
shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
(03-21-2017, 01:16 AM)
Creamium's Avatar
I found that giant horse yesterday after going back to the plateau and gliding off a random direction. Even found the quest attached to it, didn't know that was a thing.

You're so tiny standing next to it, one of the coolest secrets/easter eggs in the game

111 shrines. When I hit 120 I'm done with the game. May just look up if there were any cool sidequests I've missed, but not going for 100% there. Finding those Zora statues for instance seems so boring.
Last edited by Creamium; 03-21-2017 at 01:18 AM.
BizzyBum
Member
(03-21-2017, 01:17 AM)
BizzyBum's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hazmat

Anyone who does this should be ashamed.

Wait, why? Is it fake?
BrightLightLava
Member
(03-21-2017, 01:18 AM)
BrightLightLava's Avatar

Originally Posted by Naked Snake

Can a cooking pot be lit without using a torch? What if it's raining?

I used to keep a torch in my inventory especially for this purpose, but then I noticed that there is usually one provided next to cooking pots in villages so I thought I'd better free up that inventory slot for a weapon...

Well now I've come across a cooking pot in an enemy camp at the eastern edge of the map, and I'm in need to cook some meals. Don't have a torch. I thought no problem I'll use a fire arrow to light it up, but surprisingly that didn't work after multiple tries. Even tried a flame sword and other fire-generating weapons. Nothing is lighting up this cooking pot :/

It has been constantly raining in the area, so I wonder if that's why? Or cooking pots can only be lit by a torch? That would be lame. Or did I just encounter a bug?

You can definitely light them without using a torch.

I've used but Flame weapons and Red ChuChu Jelly and flint for sure, and would guess that I've used a fire arrow as well.
ItsTheNew
I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
(03-21-2017, 01:18 AM)
ItsTheNew's Avatar
Just beat it, masterpiece! I wish the ending was a little longer but still, fantastic.
Spinifex
Member
(03-21-2017, 01:20 AM)
Spinifex's Avatar

Originally Posted by Naked Snake


It has been constantly raining in the area, so I wonder if that's why? Or cooking pots can only be lit by a torch? That would be lame. Or did I just encounter a bug?

Yeah, the rain is why.
JakeD
Member
(03-21-2017, 01:21 AM)
JakeD's Avatar

Originally Posted by BorkBork

Tarrey Town quest is pretty long and involved. Thought I would get something nicer at the end!

You may not have noticed but

Mid/late game gear spoiler
you unlocked the ability to buy a hylian shield
Skyzard
Banned
(03-21-2017, 01:23 AM)
The thunder plains shrine quest challenge (near the giant mushrooms) where you have to get the 4 balls into their pockets:
---------------------------------------------------------
How did you guys solve it?

I used arrows to knock two of the balls off the high place they were at. And 2 other ones that were outside the raised circular area, I used the balloon things (2 on each ball) to get them to go up and then shot at the balls with a few arrows to nudge them in the right direction. I made sure to place them somewhere quite close to where I wanted them to go and quite high up, there was a place with a fire nearby that I used.

I felt like there may have been another solution though. I tried golf for a while after raising the balls up on water tower sheikah things but it wasn't happening.

Originally Posted by effingvic

Kass riddles are so hard. Ive wasted 20 arrows on the Gerudo tower one so far.

Arrows are not an issue for me anymore, followed that tip posted earlier where you can go to one of the rocks off the shore from Eventide, there's a chest there with 10 arrows. You can save scum for a while (I'd recommend while watching a video or something). Ended up with 999 arrows :P

It's the game's own fault. I want more arrows because I like using the bow loads. Don't want to waste my time collecting things, cooking and selling to grab just a 100 or so. And I can't make them from tree branches which is kinda silly. So, that leaves me with one option and I'm glad to have done it! Might have to do it again after a couple dozen more hours.
Last edited by Skyzard; 03-21-2017 at 01:44 AM.
BorkBork
The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
(03-21-2017, 01:23 AM)
BorkBork's Avatar

Originally Posted by JakeD

You may not have noticed but

Mid/late game gear spoiler
you unlocked the ability to buy a hylian shield

I did not notice this. Need to go back and check! :)
Ultimadrago
Member
(03-21-2017, 01:24 AM)
Ultimadrago's Avatar

Originally Posted by JakeD

You may not have noticed but

Mid/late game gear spoiler
you unlocked the ability to buy a hylian shield

True, but only if you break it or (I think) misplace it otherwise after finding it. The durability it yields is so great that I'd find it unlikely to really happen if you had the energy/skill to pop over to get it in the first place. Fair enough, you can also get it really, really early if you have insider info starting out. I'm excluding those situations.

That all said, I liked the quest alright. I wish more were nearly as involved between inhabitants of Hyrule.
JakeD
Member
(03-21-2017, 01:26 AM)
JakeD's Avatar

Originally Posted by BorkBork

I did not notice this. Need to go back and check! :)

Brings lots of rupees. and if you can't find it ....hint: look up
Chaos17
Member
(03-21-2017, 01:26 AM)
Chaos17's Avatar

Originally Posted by Durden77

Super fuckin neat those options. I almost went with the torch myself but I couldn't get it across the water (before I decided to go around) and I was worried it would break.

How do you do the old man quest for the cloth? I talked to him jear his house but he only taught me about cutting down trees.

After you activate the tower, visit his house and he will pop up and have a dialog about food. Complete his cooking quest and he will give you the reward. But you can buy that reward later if you didn't get it. Also, the old man should give it to you (or you found it in a chest?) when you climb the snow mountain (I'm not sure about this one since I didn't do that way)
Naked Snake
(03-21-2017, 01:26 AM)
Naked Snake's Avatar

Originally Posted by Spinifex

Yeah, the rain is why.

Thanks. I've been in this area for 45 minutes maybe and it's been constantly raining, been meaning to climb a cliff... I guess the game is telling me to move on.
JakeD
Member
(03-21-2017, 01:28 AM)
JakeD's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ultimadrago

True, but only if you break it or (I think) misplace it otherwise after finding it. The durability it yields is so great that I'd find it unlikely to really happen if you had the energy/skill to pop over to get it in the first place. Fair enough, you can also get it really, really early if you have insider info starting out. I'm excluding those situations.

That all said, I liked the quest alright. I wish more were nearly as involved between inhabitants of Hyrule.

I didn't realize that it was only available under certain conditions, I broke mine fairly quickly...about 10 failed guardian laser parrys will do it. Luckily I'm good at snowbowling
BorkBork
The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
(03-21-2017, 01:30 AM)
BorkBork's Avatar
Can I also just say BOTW has by far the best economy of the franchise? I burn through so much rupees because there's so much cool shit to buy but I can always earn more. It's great not having to hoard money or to have nothing to spend it on.
Ultimadrago
Member
(03-21-2017, 01:31 AM)
Ultimadrago's Avatar

Originally Posted by JakeD

I didn't realize that it was only available under certain conditions, I broke mine fairly quickly...about 10 failed guardian laser parrys will do it. Luckily I'm good at snowbowling

lol! Fair enough. I tried to keep mine as backup, so I don't have a great gauge on exactly how much punishment it can take. Perhaps I'm overestimating its abilities! Awesome item though.

Pondo is indeed one of the unsung Champions of Hyrule.
Hazzuh
Member
(03-21-2017, 01:31 AM)

Originally Posted by BorkBork

Can I also just say BOTW has by far the best economy of the franchise? I burn through so much rupees because there's so much cool shit to buy but I can always earn more. It's great not having to hoard money or to have nothing to spend it on.

There are lots of features that other Zelda games had which seemed superfluous and BOTW made worthwhile.
Chaos17
Member
(03-21-2017, 01:31 AM)
Chaos17's Avatar

Originally Posted by BorkBork

Can I also just say BOTW has by far the best economy of the franchise? I burn through so much rupees because there's so much cool shit to buy but I can always earn more. It's great not having to hoard money or to have nothing to spend it on.

I like discovering new traveler merchants! Each sell different stuff you might not see in shops.
vypek
Member
(03-21-2017, 01:32 AM)
I was able to get the rest of the Lynel guts I wanted today and upgrade my armor set to the max :)

Wondering if I want to bother getting the memories or just get the last beast and then beat the game
Xeteh
Member
(03-21-2017, 01:34 AM)
Xeteh's Avatar
Man, that giant elephant made me feel stupid. I figured it all out eventually but I definitely was thankful no one was watching me play.
Ultimadrago
Member
(03-21-2017, 01:37 AM)
Ultimadrago's Avatar

Originally Posted by vypek

I was able to get the rest of the Lynel guts I wanted today and upgrade my armor set to the max :)

Wondering if I want to bother getting the memories or just get the last beast and then beat the game

Congrats! You may want to get all the memories for reasons...

In admittance, it isn't much and I wouldn't even scoff checking on Youtube instead, but just a thought.
vypek
Member
(03-21-2017, 01:41 AM)

Originally Posted by Ultimadrago

Congrats! You may want to get all the memories for reasons...

In admittance, it isn't much and I wouldn't even scoff checking on Youtube instead, but just a thought.

Hm, well considering your post and the fact that I'm in no rush to complete the game I guess I will check out the memories
pringles
Member
(03-21-2017, 01:42 AM)
pringles's Avatar

Originally Posted by BorkBork

Can I also just say BOTW has by far the best economy of the franchise? I burn through so much rupees because there's so much cool shit to buy but I can always earn more. It's great not having to hoard money or to have nothing to spend it on.

It's really well balanced. Big part of that is how every single item seems to have some kind of use so you can't just blindly sell much.
JakeD
Member
(03-21-2017, 01:44 AM)
JakeD's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ultimadrago

lol! Fair enough. I tried to keep mine as backup, so I don't have a great gauge on exactly how much punishment it can take. Perhaps I'm overestimating its abilities! Awesome item though.

Pondo is indeed one of the unsung Champions of Hyrule.

Oh yeah,

Considering most shields break after one failed parry it's still at least 5x as durable as any other shield I've seen
Hispanic! At the Disco
Member
(03-21-2017, 01:47 AM)
Hispanic! At the Disco's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hispanic! At the Disco

Can I make a seperate save file on the same account? I wanna try some special runs when I beat the game (only 4 shrines, all beasts, no beasts, speed run, etc) but I dont want to lose my current main playthrough.

Anyone?? :(
Chaos17
Member
(03-21-2017, 01:48 AM)
Chaos17's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hispanic! At the Disco

Anyone?? :(

Unfortunaly, no.

Thread Tools