• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

stan_marsh
(03-20-2017, 08:31 PM)

Originally Posted by fna84

Looks like I can only afford one game in the next month...should I go with Mass Effect: Andromeda or Persona 5?

Persona 5.
BadWolf
(03-20-2017, 08:32 PM)

Looks like I can only afford one game in the next month...should I go with Mass Effect: Andromeda or Persona 5?

P5 seems to be the obvious choice here.
djblue89
(03-20-2017, 08:33 PM)
If anyone in the Montreal area can help me find a Switch it would be greatly appreciated.
Iced
(03-20-2017, 08:34 PM)
My RDS Switch case shipped from Nintendo!
ReddishGUI
(03-20-2017, 08:41 PM)

imBask
(03-20-2017, 08:41 PM)

Originally Posted by djblue89

If anyone in the Montreal area can help me find a Switch it would be greatly appreciated.

try calling the surrounding if you have a car, like the Best Buy in Lachenaie or the one in Longueuil, otherwise I think they're all out on the island

I also know that the Microplay on Masson has a waiting list you can get on by paying the console in advance
HubbaBubba
(03-20-2017, 08:42 PM)

Originally Posted by Iced

My RDS Switch case shipped from Nintendo!

Same. Time to cancel my Amazon.com order
Lexxism
(03-20-2017, 08:44 PM)

Mass Effect
firehawk12
Subete no aware
(03-20-2017, 08:54 PM)

Originally Posted by Max_Po

I can get 150 off from the current price through Work Discount.

At Staples its on sale for 2299.99 and I can get it for 2302 same model Apple Store online with option to make payments in 3 months....

Ah, I guess if you are going for the prebuilt options, then you can probably do things like apply ebates and whatnot...
catpurrcat
(03-20-2017, 08:58 PM)

Persona 5.

Over any other game. Period.
NYR
(03-20-2017, 09:02 PM)

Stay away from Mass Effect. It's a good game, but a horrible Mass Effect.
kevin1025
(03-20-2017, 09:06 PM)

Persona!

Given it's an EA game, Mass Effect will probably be $40 in May.

Unless you're really dying for Mass Effect, then you should go with what you want the most! I'm going for Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5, Persona 5, Yooka-Laylee, and Cosmic Star Heroine in April, so Mass Effect will have to wait for me, sadly, as much as I'd love to hop in there.
Last edited by kevin1025; 03-20-2017 at 09:09 PM.
r3n4ud
(03-20-2017, 09:07 PM)

Originally Posted by djblue89

Originally Posted by Crazymoogle

Switch in stock at Montreal Pharmaprix, across from Guy Concordia, if anyone still is hunting out there..

Posted earlier
jokkir
(03-20-2017, 09:10 PM)
What's the return policy for controllers @ Best Buy? I want to get the Neon Switch controllers but not sure if I'm keeping them (might get the Pro Controller instead if I end up not liking the joy cons)

Oh, and if I do like it, anyone want Grey Joycons for around 80$ probably (Toronto pickup only though since too lazy to ship)
Last edited by jokkir; 03-20-2017 at 09:14 PM.
Beowulf
(03-20-2017, 09:12 PM)
Any current deals on WiiU Breath of the Wild?
fna84
(03-20-2017, 09:14 PM)
Guess i'm going with Persona 5, thanks everyone!
Bronetta
Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
(03-20-2017, 09:14 PM)
Looks like some EB Games got more Switch shipments today.

I picked up the last one from my local EB. There was two guys walking out with Switches which had me worried for a bit thinking it might be sold out but I got the last one.

Now to find a Pro controller somewhere so I can get started on Zelda.
Lothars
(03-20-2017, 09:19 PM)

Guess i'm going with Persona 5, thanks everyone!

I imagine you will be able to get Mass Effect for a good price when you are ready to as well which is an added benefit.
jokkir
(03-20-2017, 09:20 PM)
Oh, and since this is a deals thread, Metroid Federation Force is on clearance @ Best Buy for 25$

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/.../10380771.aspx

I finally picked it up.
FN-2187
(03-20-2017, 09:23 PM)

Originally Posted by Lothars

I imagine you will be able to get Mass Effect for a good price when you are ready to as well which is an added benefit.

Also, if you have an Xbox One and some patience, it will probably be added to the EA Access Vault later this year.
NinjaCoachZ
(03-20-2017, 09:24 PM)

Originally Posted by Beowulf

None I know of. If you're interested you'd better jump on it ASAP. Amazon have it available to order, but say it delivers "within 1-2 months". Pretty much everywhere else online has it out of stock. Just as expected, it looks like the single launch print is going to be it for the Wii U version.
Jachaos
(03-20-2017, 09:25 PM)

Go with Persona 5. Import impressions are great. Should be one of the year's best, and that says something.

Edit: Oops, too late, should've refreshed. Enjoy!
FN-2187
(03-20-2017, 09:27 PM)

Originally Posted by Beowulf

Originally Posted by NinjaCoachZ

None I know of. If you're interested you'd better jump on it ASAP. Amazon have it available to order, but say it delivers "within 1-2 months". Pretty much everywhere else online has it out of stock. Just as expected, it looks like the single launch print is going to be it for the Wii U version.

Totally anecdotal, but the last time I was at EB, the guy said the demand for the Wii U version has been super high. People constantly asking if they have it and they only ever get 1 or 2 copies in. I don't see there ever being a deal on it. It's GameCube Twilight Princess all over again as many expected.
Moltenix
(03-20-2017, 09:28 PM)

Looks like I can only afford one game in the next month...should I go with Persona 5?

Yes.
Firestorm
(03-20-2017, 09:48 PM)
Chapters has 20% off with Masterpass on again today only.
Valar Morghulis
(03-20-2017, 10:20 PM)
My ME is still showing it'l ship next week, and I'm kinda hoping it stays that way. The previews, reviews and generally reception is making me alright with not getting it right away. Plus, this way I can cancel my order from Amazon because I'm tired of their shipping. Hopefully I can find someone selling or looking to trade on Kijiji in the next couple weeks.
jholmes
(03-20-2017, 10:23 PM)
I can confirm demand for BotW Wii U is high. I sold a copy on Kijiji like two weeks ago and only got a handful of lowball offers. I forgot to delete the ad and in the last two days I've been getting constant emails about it, like out of nowhere.
CATDAFELIX
(03-20-2017, 10:50 PM)
Seems my Best Buy Mass Effect: Andromeda Deluxe Edition PS4 shipped today but not the game (As of this post time).

The pre-order bonus with the BB Deluxe edition was the Heavy Armor DLC code which I received through a email this past Friday and there was the free Mass Effect: Andromeda Mini Diecast Nomad ND1. On the order form was "2" shipments. One for the Diecast and one for the game.

The Diecast shipped today while the game itself is still waiting. I went with the $25.99 Purolator shipping (lol yes I know...) to get the game tomorrow on launch day since CP and standard free shipping is always a pain in the ass. They would need to ship the game today/tonight in order for it to reach me tomorrow.

I don't think anybody else here would have gone with the Purolator option since it is $25.99 but I'm wondering if anybody has this Diecast/game separate order. I figure they would be shipped together. On a side note, amazon US has the Diecast listed as a release on March 28, 2017.
Iamcorrupt
(03-20-2017, 11:14 PM)
WHY WHY WHY does amazon keep fucking me over with one day shipping. this is the 3RD time I've chosen one day shipping only to have an estimated delivery be a week or more late. How on eartth can they even remotely think canada post or fedex ground will be able to overnight something.
antibolo
Banned
(03-20-2017, 11:16 PM)

Originally Posted by Iamcorrupt

WHY WHY WHY does amazon keep fucking me over with one day shipping. this is the 3RD time I've chosen one day shipping only to have an estimated delivery be a week or more late. How on eartth can they even remotely think canada post or fedex ground will be able to overnight something.

Are you a Prime subscriber?
CuthbertAllgoodz
(03-20-2017, 11:17 PM)
It's like the first time that the page of one of my ads on Kijiji says that I got more replies than what I have seen in my inbox. Frustrating if a mail did not reach me, especially when someones undercut me by 10$ in another ad a few hours after that e-mail should have reached me... (my price was good!)
Hedgey
(03-20-2017, 11:29 PM)
Gamestop getting more Switch stock March 22nd, hopefully the same story here in Canada, I've got $200 or so in Switch credit.
Nuckerbockers
(03-20-2017, 11:32 PM)
Welp. Might be the end of prime for me. Mass Effect shipped today! For arrival next Monday.

If it was free shipping it's my problem, but when I'm paying for prime it's a little ridiculous.
Lexxism
(03-20-2017, 11:36 PM)
Anyone received their orzly tempered glass from .ca order? Damn. I should had bought it on .com instead
ReddishGUI
(03-20-2017, 11:39 PM)

Originally Posted by Hedgey

Gamestop getting more Switch stock March 22nd, hopefully the same story here in Canada, I've got $200 or so in Switch credit.

They got some today.
shadow2810
(03-20-2017, 11:43 PM)

Originally Posted by Lexxism

Anyone received their orzly tempered glass from .ca order? Damn. I should had bought it on .com instead

I bought from .com and haven't received it yet :(
Iamcorrupt
(03-20-2017, 11:48 PM)

Originally Posted by antibolo

Are you a Prime subscriber?

Unfortunately yes.
catpurrcat
(03-20-2017, 11:53 PM)

Originally Posted by shadow2810

I bought from .com and haven't received it yet :(

Same.
The Main Event
(03-20-2017, 11:54 PM)

Originally Posted by Lexxism

I have no clue what's going on. Says to arrive between 03/23 and 04/02 so...yeah...
Sealtest
(03-20-2017, 11:58 PM)

Originally Posted by CATDAFELIX

I don't think anybody else here would have gone with the Purolator option since it is $25.99 but I'm wondering if anybody has this Diecast/game separate order. I figure they would be shipped together. On a side note, amazon US has the Diecast listed as a release on March 28, 2017.

My Nomad shipped earlier today still no movement on my Futureshop preorder. Not even an authorization hold.
Iamcorrupt
(03-21-2017, 12:18 AM)
An actual fucking joke.

Bronetta
Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
(03-21-2017, 12:39 AM)

Originally Posted by Hedgey

They received shipments this morning. I got the last one at my local EB.
Valar Morghulis
(03-21-2017, 01:03 AM)
Done. Cancelled my ME:A order from Amazon. A week late shipping is ridiculous.
CrazyShady
(03-21-2017, 01:05 AM)

Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis

Don't blame you. Did the same.

ME:A went from one of my most anticipated games to play, to my most anticipated game to play at half price! Need to play it but with Zelda, Horizon and others still to play, I can wait.
daftstar
(03-21-2017, 01:09 AM)
For anyone who pre-ordered the Steelbook edition of Persona 5, will it be the steelbook only with the disc inside? Or the standard PS4 case and a separate steelbook to go along with it?
Madness
(03-21-2017, 01:16 AM)

I really, really like Mass Effect Andromeda. I was very worried reading what people said. Yeah it has some issues. The worst is cinematics and animation. The Asari and Humans look the worst, but the Turians and Salarians and Krogans look good. There is some poor quests and design like scan here, defend against waves here. But it isn't as bad as people say. If Zelda Breath of the Wild gets 10/10 and you find the sidequests and writing good, Andromeda will feel like it is written by James Joyce in comparison.

That all said, the bad reviews and internet negativity will tank the price. So you may see deep discounts quickly. So if you hold off it may be very cheap soon. But I am liking it.
Exist2Inspire02
(03-21-2017, 01:31 AM)

Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis

I wish I could cancel my copy. I foolishly only added three games for my E3 30% deal and can't cancel. Don't want to loose my amazing discount on FF7:R.

I talked to a customer service rep who said it was a technical glitch and I'd still get my game tomorrow. Well it's 7:30 CST and I severly doubt they can ship from Mississauga to Winnipeg in under 24 hours :/ Guess it's time to complain once again.
ShadowgeistX
(03-21-2017, 01:39 AM)
Interrupting the ME:A shipping talk but whatever...

If I want to buy Snipperclips, is the best method still going through the JP eshop for us Canadians?
Iamcorrupt
(03-21-2017, 01:42 AM)

Originally Posted by Exist2Inspire02

I wish I could cancel my copy. I foolishly only added three games for my E3 30% deal and can't cancel. Don't want to loose my amazing discount on FF7:R.

I talked to a customer service rep who said it was a technical glitch and I'd still get my game tomorrow. Well it's 7:30 CST and I severly doubt they can ship from Mississauga to Winnipeg in under 24 hours :/ Guess it's time to complain once again.

I continue to question how it is items are leaving the brampton/missisauga facility with canada post when they're expected to have 1-2 day shipping to bc/alberta/sask
Lexxism
(03-21-2017, 01:43 AM)

Originally Posted by ShadowgeistX

Interrupting the ME:A shipping talk but whatever...

If I want to buy Snipperclips, is the best method still going through the JP eshop for us Canadians?

Yeah. It should be around $21