• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Mergesort
Member
(12-28-2016, 08:13 PM)
Mergesort's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dabanton

Don't a lot of these sites do this so they can send a verification code to you?

Why? They e-mailed me a receipt, why not e-mail the code. Why make it so complicated? There must be another reason for wanting my phone number. I wrote them an e-mail demanding either the code or a refund.
lordfuzzybutt
Member
(12-28-2016, 08:20 PM)

Originally Posted by Mergesort

Why? They e-mailed me a receipt, why not e-mail the code. Why make it so complicated? There must be another reason for wanting my phone number. I wrote them an e-mail demanding either the code or a refund.

It's just for verification purpose I would say. I did not need to give them my phone number though, so there must be some kind of criteria that triggers that.
PFD
Member
(12-28-2016, 10:55 PM)
PFD's Avatar

Originally Posted by RS4-

I'm guessing it's just 10% off? Because the link right now gives me $55 CAD. 37 USD is about $50 CAD.

I bought it yesterday for 50 CAD (with coupon)
Mergesort
Member
(12-29-2016, 01:48 PM)
Mergesort's Avatar

Originally Posted by lordfuzzybutt

It's just for verification purpose I would say. I did not need to give them my phone number though, so there must be some kind of criteria that triggers that.

How can they verfiy anything if they did not have my number to begin with? Anyone getting the e-mail could enter any number they want, so why not send it via e-mail in the first place? It would make sense if i gave them the number beforehand while registering an account, but i never did such a thing. So asking for a number doesn't make any sense to me. I requested a refund and got it this morning. I am not gonna support such behaviour.
lordfuzzybutt
Member
(12-29-2016, 03:42 PM)

Originally Posted by Mergesort

How can they verfiy anything if they did not have my number to begin with? Anyone getting the e-mail could enter any number they want, so why not send it via e-mail in the first place? It would make sense if i gave them the number beforehand while registering an account, but i never did such a thing. So asking for a number doesn't make any sense to me. I requested a refund and got it this morning. I am not gonna support such behaviour.

I don't mean verification as in 2 step authentication.

What I meant is that they want to verify that you are a person and not a bot. A lot of sites also do this to prevent people mass signing up or mass buying cheap products or whatever.
Mergesort
Member
(12-29-2016, 04:39 PM)
Mergesort's Avatar

Originally Posted by lordfuzzybutt

I don't mean verification as in 2 step authentication.

What I meant is that they want to verify that you are a person and not a bot. A lot of sites also do this to prevent people mass signing up or mass buying cheap products or whatever.

Have you ever seen one of those "i am not a robot" buttons? Because a lot of other sites do it doesn't mean it's ok. And most legit sites use the "i am not a robot" button. And what legit business would try to stop customers mass buying stuff?
Darklor01
Might need to stop sniffing glue
(12-29-2016, 04:41 PM)
Darklor01's Avatar
When I did the verification using SMS, it told me the code was not available yet. Perhaps Origin has not issued the codes yet? It is an Origin code after all.
TC McQueen
Member
(12-29-2016, 05:52 PM)
TC McQueen's Avatar

Originally Posted by Darklor01

When I did the verification using SMS, it told me the code was not available yet. Perhaps Origin has not issued the codes yet? It is an Origin code after all.

The game's release date hasn't been announced yet, so that's no surprise.
Darklor01
Might need to stop sniffing glue
(12-29-2016, 05:54 PM)
Darklor01's Avatar

Originally Posted by TC McQueen

The game's release date hasn't been announced yet, so that's no surprise.

I'm sorry for any confusion, I made the comment thinking some were complaining that they don't have an actual code from them at this point. If that's incorrect, my apologies.
Mifec
Member
(12-30-2016, 01:01 AM)
Mifec's Avatar
Wait weren't frostbite and EA usually AMD focused?

thehillissilent
Member
(12-30-2016, 01:05 AM)
thehillissilent's Avatar

Originally Posted by mullet2000

Be careful about preordering on CDKeys guys. Games sometimes change from being listed as a "worldwide" code to a European-only region code when it's actually released.

That happened to me when I pre-ordered COD: IW Legacy Edition. I got a quick refund though so I'm not mad.
Unknown Soldier
Banned
(12-30-2016, 01:06 AM)
Unknown Soldier's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mifec

Wait weren't frostbite and EA usually AMD focused?

Not anymore, Battlefield 1 ran better on Nvidia.
Ducarmel
Member
(03-20-2017, 10:48 PM)
Ducarmel's Avatar
Obviously the promo code does not work anymore

Just wanted to share that I got my key today and started pre loading, and give a reminder to those that took the deal to check their download link.
Zoz
Member
(03-20-2017, 10:56 PM)
Zoz's Avatar
it's cheaper on gmg
Shari
Member
(03-20-2017, 11:04 PM)
Shari's Avatar

Originally Posted by Zoz

it's cheaper on gmg

How? It's 48 for me.
Patrick S.
Member
(03-20-2017, 11:05 PM)
Patrick S.'s Avatar

Originally Posted by Ducarmel

Obviously the promo code does not work anymore

Just wanted to share that I got my key today and started pre loading, and give a reminder to those that took the deal to check their download link.

Like them on Facebook and you get 5% off.
Megauap
Member
(03-20-2017, 11:06 PM)
Megauap's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ducarmel

Obviously the promo code does not work anymore

Just wanted to share that I got my key today and started pre loading, and give a reminder to those that took the deal to check their download link.

I still have no key in the download section. It just says some time before or on the 23rd.
MagicWithEarvin
Member
(03-20-2017, 11:07 PM)
MagicWithEarvin's Avatar
Anyone got an extra key for sale
Vlodril
Member
(03-20-2017, 11:08 PM)
Vlodril's Avatar

Originally Posted by Megauap

I still have no key in the download section. It just says some time before or on the 23rd.

same for me.
Miami Danger
Member
(03-20-2017, 11:18 PM)
Miami Danger's Avatar

Originally Posted by earvcunanan

Anyone got an extra key for sale

How much?
UpDownLeftRight
Banned
(03-20-2017, 11:41 PM)
I'm almost tempted but honestly I reckon I'll be able to get this for 25 in stores before long if the negative reception is anything to go by. Managed to pick up Steep and TLG for the same barely after their release. It's not a bad price for launch day though so the urge is there but I really think I need to see reviews and hear some impressions first.
Bob Dobalina
Member
(03-20-2017, 11:44 PM)
Bob Dobalina's Avatar
If anyone who got it for this price, are no longer interested due to reviews or better games to play and would be interested in selling theirs, please PM me!
Aztechnology
Member
(03-20-2017, 11:45 PM)
Aztechnology's Avatar

Originally Posted by earvcunanan

Anyone got an extra key for sale

Originally Posted by Bob Dobalina

If anyone who got it for this price, are no longer interested due to reviews or better games to play and would be interested in selling theirs, please PM me!

My Key hasn't arrived yet but my friends on PC have decided to skip for now and my PS4 buddies beat me down. So I got it on PS4 as well. I'd be happy to sell my key to someone at cost.

Edit: Sold to Bob.
Barrow Roll
Member
(03-20-2017, 11:47 PM)
Barrow Roll's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ducarmel

Obviously the promo code does not work anymore

Just wanted to share that I got my key today and started pre loading, and give a reminder to those that took the deal to check their download link.

I just checked, and my keys are there as well, although I wasn't sent an email to let me know that they were there or anything.
Falchion
Member
(03-20-2017, 11:47 PM)
Falchion's Avatar
If this was Xbox play anywhere I would grab that in a heartbeat just like their Halo Wars 2 deal.
Aztechnology
Member
(03-20-2017, 11:49 PM)
Aztechnology's Avatar

Originally Posted by Barrow Roll

I just checked, and my keys are there as well, although I wasn't sent an email to let me know that they were there or anything.

Same here.
Jag
Member
(03-20-2017, 11:50 PM)
Jag's Avatar

Originally Posted by Shari

How? It's 48 for me.

Same
Zafir
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:03 AM)
Zafir's Avatar
No key here. =/
Tukker
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:04 AM)
Tukker's Avatar

Originally Posted by Zafir

No key here. =/

I guess it depends on when you ordered it.
Enclose
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:04 AM)
Enclose's Avatar
Idk where else to grab for this price. Still no code aswell :/
ClosingADoor
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:08 AM)
ClosingADoor's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mergesort

Have you ever seen one of those "i am not a robot" buttons? Because a lot of other sites do it doesn't mean it's ok. And most legit sites use the "i am not a robot" button. And what legit business would try to stop customers mass buying stuff?

They do it so a few people can't buy up all the codes and then go around and resell them again for $2 more.
Patrick S.
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:08 AM)
Patrick S.'s Avatar
I sent them an email to beg for an early delivery and got this response :(


Hi,

Thank you for contacting cdkeys.com.

Please expect your key code on or before the 23rd of March because we follow the EU release date. Rest assured it will not be later than that.

Thanks for your patience.

Kind Regards,

John
Support Ace | cdkeys.com

RS4-
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:13 AM)
RS4-'s Avatar
I ordered on Saturday I believe, I got my key a few hours ago.
Patrick S.
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:14 AM)
Patrick S.'s Avatar
Well, I'll be here F5-ing a couple hours more before I fall asleep.
Shari
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:16 AM)
Shari's Avatar

Originally Posted by Patrick S.

I sent them an email to beg for an early delivery and got this response :(

I think they check the customer's country and adapt to that to not run out of keys. Mine says the same, I bought it there because it said "On Stock - Instant delivery".

Hesitating to fill a refund to be honest.
Bizzquik
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:21 AM)
Bizzquik's Avatar
Ugh...if this thread is going to be a 'thing' still, I hope the topic Title is at least changed.
Patrick S.
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:23 AM)
Patrick S.'s Avatar

Originally Posted by Shari

I think they check the customer's country and adapt to that to not run out of keys. Mine says the same, I bought it there because it said "On Stock - Instant delivery".

Hesitating to fill a refund to be honest.

And if you are unlucky, the refund and your money might be in processing limbo until the 23rd...

At this point, I'd just wait. I'm happy to save €20 buying from cdkeys. Now, if there were another site I knew 100% would send me the key right away, and at a good price, I might reconsider refunding the cdkeys purchase...
xkramz
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:24 AM)
xkramz's Avatar
ok, GMG also doing march 23rd release date.. EU fucked it up for me meh
Patrick S.
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:29 AM)
Patrick S.'s Avatar

Originally Posted by xkramz

ok, GMG also doing march 23rd release date.. EU fucked it up for me meh

Let us know if you find a site with immediate delivery.
Barrow Roll
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:29 AM)
Barrow Roll's Avatar
For what it's worth, I live in and purchased my keys from Canada, on March 2nd, so I don't know if date of purchase has anything to do with it. Might simply be based on region release dates. So NA gets their keys now and EU has to wait maybe?
Patrick S.
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:34 AM)
Patrick S.'s Avatar
I had thought it was launching at the same time everywhere. As games should in 2017 :(
Ducarmel
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:36 AM)
Ducarmel's Avatar
I guess if it helps gauge how keys are distributed. I live in NA and bought it the day this thread was made to take advantage of the deal, and checked periodically over the weekend until it showed up for me today.
Mergesort
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:41 AM)
Mergesort's Avatar

Originally Posted by ClosingADoor

They do it so a few people can't buy up all the codes and then go around and resell them again for $2 more.

Haha sure that's the only reason and the only way how to deal with it.
The Lone Courier
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:42 AM)
If anyone wants to sell their key for $40 pm me.
terencecah
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:49 AM)
terencecah's Avatar

Originally Posted by RS4-

I ordered on Saturday I believe, I got my key a few hours ago.

Damn, I bought mine a few months ago and I haven't heard shit
Gitaroo
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:55 AM)
I sent them an email yesterday, they told me I will get my code within 24 hours of UK release day, the 23rd.
Vlodril
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:56 AM)
Vlodril's Avatar

Originally Posted by terencecah

Damn, I bought mine a few months ago and I haven't heard shit

maybe they are only sending the na people codes. non simultaneous releases are stupid..
Lashley
Why does he wear the mask!?
(03-21-2017, 12:59 AM)
Lashley's Avatar
I ordered on the 6th, still no key

Guess it's because I'm a brit, no simultaneous release is fucking moronic to be quite honest
Big_Al
Member
(03-21-2017, 01:02 AM)
I don't think Origin codes are region restricted are they ? I don't like websites (even ones like cdkeys I use a lot) telling me when I can or cant have a key if other people are getting them and they have them instock.
hlhbk
Member
(03-21-2017, 01:05 AM)
hlhbk's Avatar
Fyi I just ordered and received my key immediately.

Thread Tools