• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

greyskull
Junior Member
(01-04-2017, 08:17 PM)
greyskull's Avatar

Originally Posted by enewtabie

I got it off Amazon. From Flash Furniture is the company's name.

Link

Does it have any built in cable management? I suspect not from the page description. Wondering how you did yours.

Originally Posted by General Lee

Here's mine, nothing fancy. I moved to this apartment last September and still haven't gotten around to buying the movie posters for my walls like I planned.

Which display is that on the right? The one running Civ VI?
Marty Chinn
Member
(01-04-2017, 08:28 PM)
Marty Chinn's Avatar

Originally Posted by dark10x

Could you share which cable management solution you're using?

Sure. The four core things I do is:

1) Replace as many cables as possible with the closest to the exact length as possible so there's no slack or extra cabling you need to tie up. This applies to HDMI, ethernet, coax, speaker, optical, power, etc.

2) Lay cables down based on types of cables, not on a per device basis. What I mean is don't hook up your PS4, then your Xbox, but lay down all the HDMI cables, then all the ethernet cables and so forth.

3) I use these neoprene sleeves to hold the cables together

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...iglink20241-20

This has slots in it so you can have cables exit at any point, and it has velcro embedded inside which is very helpful for keeping the cables in place. This is different than using velcro yourself and then putting it inside a sleeve. Having them tied down within the sleeve helps so much

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...iglink20241-20

And this is just to keep things together from point A to point B.

4) And then velcro roll to cut into strips to tie cables together.

https://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-Hoo...iglink20241-20

I've got a very detailed thread going of what I did and it has pictures later in the thread of how it looked as I worked on it over time. Hopefully more people will contribute and will find it useful too.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1318850
DKo5
Respawn Entertainment
(01-04-2017, 08:42 PM)
My setup isn't quite as extravagent as some in here, and I'm generally pretty bad about cable management - please don't look behind my desk or the entertainment center! I don't have nearly the time to play games as I used to, but I still manage to buy just about all systems and keep my PC up to date. Doesn't hurt that I often work nights/weekends from home, so there's a good reason to keep the PC beefy :)

Downstairs in the family room is a regular console setup and upstairs I've got a PC, server, X1, PS4, and retro emulation station set up in my office. All output from the consoles (and a v2 Chromecast) in the office are duplicated through the wall to the guest room behind it (not pictured), usually used by my 8yr old son when the downstairs TV is being used. Just a crappy free 720p 50" plasma I got 6 years ago when I bought some couches, and a Samsung soundbar w/ sub.

Office:


For those wondering, no you can't get it - that Xbox One is a special limited run Microsoft did during the run up to the original Titanfall release. They, awesomely, gave one to each person at the studio! One of my most prized gaming possessions :)

PC Specs (Gaming and work)
Intel i7-5820k @ 4.2GHz on Corsair H100i
Asus X99 Deluxe
16GB Corsair DDR4-2133
Nvidia Geforce GTX 980Ti
Samsung 840 EVO 512GB (OS)
Intel 750 1.2TB (Games/Video Capture)
Corsair Obsidian 650D case
Corsair RM750W PSU
Toshiba USB3 3TB External (tertiary backup)
Acer XB270HU
Oculus Rift with Touch controllers and three sensors
Cooler Master QuickFire XT (Cherry MX)
Razer DeathAdder 2013
Mionix Alioth XL pad
Creative T40 Seris II speakers
Acoustic Audio PSW-8 subwoofer
Sennheiser HD-595 (music/SP gaming)
Astro A40 (MP gaming)
FiiO Q1 USB Amp/DAC

Server Specs (Media and local backup server)
Intel i5-3570k on Noctua NH-D14
Asus P8H61-I R2.0
16GB Corsair DDR3-1600
Corsair Force3 256GB SSD (OS)
3x3TB WD Red HDDs (media + backups, utilizing Windows Storage Spaces)
Bitfenix Prodigy case
Corsair RM450W PSU

Retro gaming corner I built this December during my time off:


Its a hollowed out Macintosh SE and I stuffed an Odroid XU4, some speakers, a USB3 hub, and a 7" LCD into. Uses an 8Bitdo SFC30 for controller, probably going to pick up a second. I wanted something for NES/SNES/Gensis entertainment. Pretty fun project to build!

Also, in that backpack is my 2014 Razer Blade laptop I use when traveling for work. Makes for decent on the go PC gaming! Pwned lots of noobs in Titanfall 2 on launch night in the WarRoom on that badboy.

Family Room (bonus doge):


Pioneer KURO PDP-6020FD 60" Plasma (still looks SO good!)
CinemaQuest Ideal-Lume bias lighting
Denon AVR-1913 receiver
Athena LS-500B fronts
Definitive ProCenter 100 center channel
Energy S10.3 subwoofer
PS4 Pro with 512GB SSD and PSVR with Move Controllers
Xbox One with 2TB Seagate USB3 external drive
Wii U
Nvidia Shield TV (great for PC gaming on couch)
Logitech Harmony Ultimate One w/ Hub
Salamander Designs Chameleon Hampton 236 A/V cabinet with active cooling rear panels
FiOS HD DVR
Last edited by DKo5; 01-05-2017 at 12:28 AM.
General Lee
Member
(01-04-2017, 08:50 PM)
General Lee's Avatar

Originally Posted by greyskull

Which display is that on the right? The one running Civ VI?

Philips BDM4065UC, without the stand.
Dave_6
Member
(01-04-2017, 08:51 PM)
Dave_6's Avatar
^Awesome! Nice to see another 6020 out in the wild still getting use! :)

Think with the meh 2017 OLED news today and the announcement of HDMI 2.1, I'm going to keep using my 6020 and just have it calibrated. It still looks amazing even with the elevated and reddish black levels, but mine has a ton of hours on it.
Brandson
Member
(01-04-2017, 09:15 PM)

Originally Posted by ThereIs0nly0ne

Lounge (I've had some of this kit for many years and it's still excellent - no inclined to upgrade at all tbh.

I like how you integrated some acoustic panels behind the speakers. That is an area I need to work on. With all the quartz and porcelain tiles in my room, it is a bit too live.

With the old Meridian gear, do you decode the newer lossless formats at the source and send multichannel PCM audio to the processor? I'm pretty satisfied with my Anthem. It foregoes video processing completely, which is my preference, and handles all the new audio formats correctly. It's pretty straightforward to setup and control as well.

Originally Posted by ThereIs0nly0ne

Updated the racing rig on boxing day to integrate a second Oculus sensor which was part of the Oculus Touch set I received from my wife for Christmas:

That is pretty sweet. I don't know anyone with a dedicated racing setup. Where did you find the room for it, and a spouse to agree to it?
ThereIs0nly0ne
Junior Member
(01-04-2017, 10:56 PM)
ThereIs0nly0ne's Avatar

Originally Posted by Brandson

I like how you integrated some acoustic panels behind the speakers. That is an area I need to work on. With all the quartz and porcelain tiles in my room, it is a bit too live.

With the old Meridian gear, do you decode the newer lossless formats at the source and send multichannel PCM audio to the processor? I'm pretty satisfied with my Anthem. It foregoes video processing completely, which is my preference, and handles all the new audio formats correctly. It's pretty straightforward to setup and control as well.



That is pretty sweet. I don't know anyone with a dedicated racing setup. Where did you find the room for it, and a spouse to agree to it?

Thanks. The acoustic panels are DIY using the appropriate density Rockwool and acoustic cloth - the best value for money upgrade I've ever made tbh.

I'm still playing a lot of CDs! The DSP still decodes DD and DTS just fine so am still ok with BluRay ... however, if I do upgrade anything at all, it will be the DSP.

Regarding the racing rig and space generally, I'm extremely fortunate to have a very understanding wife who likes to see me with a smile on my face! I was happy to accept the offer of having a dedicated room for my gaming project builds :)
Lucent
Member
(01-04-2017, 11:54 PM)
Lucent's Avatar

Originally Posted by AristoCat

Here's my 2017 edition not much change from last year.


iMac 5K 27" + B&Oplay H7 for work and small gaming



PS4 Pro and Xbox One on Sony TV and Pioneer receiver in the living room.

I wanna know where a good place is to get bias lighting for the back of my tv like that.
DKo5
Respawn Entertainment
(01-05-2017, 12:31 AM)

Originally Posted by Lucent

I wanna know where a good place is to get bias lighting for the back of my tv like that.

Anyone who is using those cheap USB LEDs you find on Amazon is ruining color perception. If you care about video quality on your TV you need to make sure you get something that is 6500k. I've been using an Ideal Lume standard for almost 7 years on my Pioneer - love it: http://www.cinemaquestinc.com/ideal_lumesb.htm
xxracerxx
Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
(01-05-2017, 12:36 AM)
xxracerxx's Avatar

Originally Posted by DKo5

Anyone who is using those cheap USB LEDs you find on Amazon is ruining color perception. If you care about video quality on your TV you need to make sure you get something that is 6500k. I've been using an Ideal Lume standard for almost 7 years on my Pioneer - love it: http://www.cinemaquestinc.com/ideal_lumesb.htm

Holy shit, that website.

Originally Posted by Brandson


What's with the hole in the oversized ottoman?

Also, what is that multi-colored book set? It looks familiar.
Last edited by xxracerxx; 01-05-2017 at 12:38 AM.
deadlast
Member
(01-05-2017, 12:41 AM)
deadlast's Avatar

Originally Posted by DKo5

My setup isn't quite as extravagent as some in here, and I'm generally pretty bad about cable management - please don't look behind my desk or the entertainment center! I don't have nearly the time to play games as I used to, but I still manage to buy just about all systems and keep my PC up to date. Doesn't hurt that I often work nights/weekends from home, so there's a good reason to keep the PC beefy :)

Downstairs in the family room is a regular console setup and upstairs I've got a PC, server, X1, PS4, and retro emulation station set up in my office. All output from the consoles (and a v2 Chromecast) in the office are duplicated through the wall to the guest room behind it (not pictured), usually used by my 8yr old son when the downstairs TV is being used. Just a crappy free 720p 50" plasma I got 6 years ago when I bought some couches, and a Samsung soundbar w/ sub.

Office:


For those wondering, no you can't get it - that Xbox One is a special limited run Microsoft did during the run up to the original Titanfall release. They, awesomely, gave one to each person at the studio! One of my most prized gaming possessions :)

PC Specs (Gaming and work)
Intel i7-5820k @ 4.2GHz on Corsair H100i
Asus X99 Deluxe
16GB Corsair DDR4-2133
Nvidia Geforce GTX 980Ti
Samsung 840 EVO 512GB (OS)
Intel 750 1.2TB (Games/Video Capture)
Corsair Obsidian 650D case
Corsair RM750W PSU
Toshiba USB3 3TB External (tertiary backup)
Acer XB270HU
Oculus Rift with Touch controllers and three sensors
Cooler Master QuickFire XT (Cherry MX)
Razer DeathAdder 2013
Mionix Alioth XL pad
Creative T40 Seris II speakers
Acoustic Audio PSW-8 subwoofer
Sennheiser HD-595 (music/SP gaming)
Astro A40 (MP gaming)
FiiO Q1 USB Amp/DAC

Server Specs (Media and local backup server)
Intel i5-3570k on Noctua NH-D14
Asus P8H61-I R2.0
16GB Corsair DDR3-1600
Corsair Force3 256GB SSD (OS)
3x3TB WD Red HDDs (media + backups, utilizing Windows Storage Spaces)
Bitfenix Prodigy case
Corsair RM450W PSU

Retro gaming corner I built this December during my time off:


Its a hollowed out Macintosh SE and I stuffed an Odroid XU4, some speakers, a USB3 hub, and a 7" LCD into. Uses an 8Bitdo SFC30 for controller, probably going to pick up a second. I wanted something for NES/SNES/Gensis entertainment. Pretty fun project to build!

Also, in that backpack is my 2014 Razer Blade laptop I use when traveling for work. Makes for decent on the go PC gaming! Pwned lots of noobs in Titanfall 2 on launch night in the WarRoom on that badboy.

Family Room (bonus doge):


Pioneer KURO PDP-6020FD 60" Plasma (still looks SO good!)
CinemaQuest Ideal-Lume bias lighting
Denon AVR-1913 receiver
Athena LS-500B fronts
Definitive ProCenter 100 center channel
Energy S10.3 subwoofer
PS4 Pro with 512GB SSD and PSVR with Move Controllers
Xbox One with 2TB Seagate USB3 external drive
Wii U
Nvidia Shield TV (great for PC gaming on couch)
Logitech Harmony Ultimate One w/ Hub
Salamander Designs Chameleon Hampton 236 A/V cabinet with active cooling rear panels
FiOS HD DVR

I hate all of your Titanfall stuff. Because I'm a jealous turd and it's the only way I can handle it.
In all seriousness, I really like all of the cool stuff and that sweet desk. I need to build up my collection.
DKo5
Respawn Entertainment
(01-05-2017, 01:24 AM)

Originally Posted by deadlast

I hate all of your Titanfall stuff. Because I'm a jealous turd and it's the only way I can handle it.
In all seriousness, I really like all of the cool stuff and that sweet desk. I need to build up my collection.

Thanks! The furniture in the office was the first "grown up" set of stuff I ever bought and its worked out really well for the last ~7 years.

Working on games is a blessing and a curse when it comes to the tchotchkes one collects. You should see the collection I've got at the studio! Only the cream of the crop gets to come home.
Brandson
Member
(01-05-2017, 02:27 AM)

Originally Posted by xxracerxx

What's with the hole in the oversized ottoman?

Also, what is that multi-colored book set? It looks familiar.

My wife designed the ottoman, which is a modification of an existing one from a furniture company here in Canada called Selene (who also made the couch). She wanted a flat area in the middle in which to put drinks and other things. That was the theory anyway. So far the space has been used mostly by our kids to either store toys or rest their feet in while watching shows, in addition to keeping the occasional drink safe. The couch also has an area to sit all the way around it, with more storage underneath just like you see at the sides there. It's pretty clever. Very comfortable too. Here's a pic of the same couch showing the back of it: http://www.houzz.com/photos/16533184...rn-sofas-other

The multi-coloured box is the House complete series bluray set from the UK. It was considerably cheaper at the time ordering from amazon.co.uk than buying in Canada or the US.
Jeff6851
Member
(01-05-2017, 02:31 AM)
Jeff6851's Avatar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dkC3QnmzyQ

This belongs here
lowrider007
Licorice-flavoured booze?
(01-05-2017, 02:45 AM)
lowrider007's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kyne

it's weird.. I've looked at these setups hundreds (maybe thousands?) of times, so now there will rarely ever be something that makes me speak up.

no offense to you, but seeing a nice setup with a fancy tv/projector and a top of the line PC just doesn't do it for me anymore. Now I look for uniqueness in the setups, or possibly some nice art. Nothing balances a place out like a good piece of art.

another thing that will catch my attention is some damn good feng shui. This one post really stood out to my last year because of the way the poster handled his space:



a desk right behind a couch to close off the back wall is pretty genius.

anyways, don't let this stop anyone from posting! I will always look through and try to catch new ideas and inspiration for my living spaces. I'm sure others feel the same.

It's crazy how quick tech has moved on and how common lavish setups have become you kinda become desensitized to them, I remember when I first posted my multi-screen set-up in a "Show Your LCD(s) setups" thread on [H]ard|Forum 10 years ago and people were amazed!, nowadays it all seems pretty standard fare amongst the gaming community, I agree with you that these days a really well designed room is what turns my head.
Last edited by lowrider007; 01-05-2017 at 03:18 AM.
DemWalls
Member
(01-05-2017, 12:41 PM)
DemWalls's Avatar

Originally Posted by enewtabie

I got it off Amazon. From Flash Furniture is the company's name.

Thanks!
enewtabie
Member
(01-05-2017, 04:28 PM)
enewtabie's Avatar

Originally Posted by greyskull

Link

Does it have any built in cable management? I suspect not from the page description. Wondering how you did yours.



Which display is that on the right? The one running Civ VI?


No cable management with the desk. 3m adhesive tape to affix the LED box and Surge Protector to the underside. Then used cable clips to run the wires behind the legs and underneath the table. Looking at it you only see one cord running to wall for power unless you get down and look under the desk.
xxracerxx
Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
(01-05-2017, 06:49 PM)
xxracerxx's Avatar

Originally Posted by Brandson

My wife designed the ottoman, which is a modification of an existing one from a furniture company here in Canada called Selene (who also made the couch). She wanted a flat area in the middle in which to put drinks and other things. That was the theory anyway. So far the space has been used mostly by our kids to either store toys or rest their feet in while watching shows, in addition to keeping the occasional drink safe. The couch also has an area to sit all the way around it, with more storage underneath just like you see at the sides there. It's pretty clever. Very comfortable too. Here's a pic of the same couch showing the back of it: http://www.houzz.com/photos/16533184...rn-sofas-other

The multi-coloured box is the House complete series bluray set from the UK. It was considerably cheaper at the time ordering from amazon.co.uk than buying in Canada or the US.

Very cool that your wife designed it.

Is there a piece of wood that goes over the storage area? That is the sort of setup I want in my basement, but maybe no hole in the middle of the ottoman.

Thanks for the link! Oh and I thought the multicolored box may have been a Pantone set, haha.
HvySky
Member
(01-05-2017, 07:06 PM)
HvySky's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kyne



a desk right behind a couch to close off the back wall is pretty genius.

Whoa. I have a sectional couch and never thought to do this. This is brilliant.
WhupTroyGAF
Junior Member
(01-05-2017, 07:16 PM)
WhupTroyGAF's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jeff6851

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dkC3QnmzyQ

This belongs here

It belongs in a museum
VMR-MIG90
Junior Member
(01-05-2017, 09:04 PM)
VMR-MIG90's Avatar

Originally Posted by DKo5

Thanks! The furniture in the office was the first "grown up" set of stuff I ever bought and its worked out really well for the last ~7 years.

Working on games is a blessing and a curse when it comes to the tchotchkes one collects. You should see the collection I've got at the studio! Only the cream of the crop gets to come home.

Love your collection and setup! And a huge thanks to Respawn for creating some awesome games and awesome memories!
k789
Junior Member
(01-06-2017, 07:11 PM)
k789's Avatar

Originally Posted by Brandson

Here is my new living room setup. Was waiting for the 2017 thread to post. We did a whole-home renovation in 2016. I don't much care for fireplaces, but my wife insisted on one. So it was up to me to design a unit that integrated one without ruining the tv experience. I don't care for having a tv above a fireplace, so this is what I came up with. Everything is custom made to my original drawings. I had soft leather handles made for the tops of the drawers, which all use heavy duty Blum hardware to be able to store some of my movie and game collection. There is also more storage built into the sides and rear of the sectional couch that we bought. The top of the cabinetry is Caesarstone, and the unit is constructed strong enough that several people can stand on it. The area above the drawers is wired for gigabit ethernet, as is the rest of the house. All speaker cables are 4 conductor wire and are routed through the walls. All audio interconnects are balanced XLR. The first pic was taken the day all the wall-mounting happened. I have since cleaned it up a bit (the rest of the pics).

Hardware list:
Sony XBR-65HX950
3x Paradigm Signature W5 v.2 (front and centre on-wall speakers)
2x Paradigm Signature ADP3 v.3 (rear on-wall speakers)
JL Audio F112 Subwoofer (on its own dedicated circuit)
Anthem AVM60 Pre/Pro
D-Sonic M3-2000-5 Amp
Nvidia Shield TV
PS4 Pro
WiiU
2x Furman AC-215A surge protectors (one for subwoofer, one for Anthem/D-Sonic)
Isobar Ultra surge protector (for everything else), hidden in a Bluelounge CableBox










This is the most beautiful interior design of 2017! I'm calling it now lol
Kyne
Member
(01-06-2017, 07:13 PM)
Kyne's Avatar

Originally Posted by k789

This is the most beautiful interior design of 2017! I'm calling it now lol

it will definitely make the OP next year.... lol.
Strafebogey
Member
(01-06-2017, 08:13 PM)
Strafebogey's Avatar
Thanks for the mention Kyne. The rig has turned green from red previously. Completed November 2016.



Quick spin around the build internal and external. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hvPLV9kgEI

Core i7 5930K - 4.6Ghz OC
Asus ROG Swift PQ348Q 3440x1440 G-Sync 100Hz Curved Gaming Monitor
Asus ROG Rampage V Extreme motherboard
8 x 4GB (32GB) Corsair Dominator Pro DDR4-3200
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 NVME 512GB
NZXT Phantom 820 case
2 x Nvidia Titan X Pascal SLI - 2050Mhz core/11Ghz memory OC
4TB Western Digital Black 7200rpm HDD
Corsair AX1500i 1500W PSU
EVGA High Bandwidth SLI Bridge
Liquid cooling system - Bitspower fittings, PETG hard tubing, Bitspower Flow Indicator, dual Bitspower D5 coolant pumps, Bitspower Z-Multi reservoir, EKWB Coolstream 360 & 240 radiators, Corsair SPL120 fans (custom green), EKWB Pastel Green Liquid Coolant, 2 x EKWB Titan X Pascal Waterblocks & Backplates, EKWB CPU Waterblock.
Accoutrements: Nvidia GeForce GTX case emblem laser-cut acrylic, Nvidia GeForce GTX inner case emblem laser-cut acrylic, GeForce GTX Titan X PSU shroud laser-cut & internally lighted, Lamptron PCIE slot covers in Lime Green. Custom Revolution Technologia Black Green Sleeved cables.





The area behind the gaming seat:

When internalliy lighted:


When it was first finished at the lab and its airbrushed side panel.:



Love this to bits. I consider myself done upgrading for this genenation, and several generations more, as I got what I want with this build: 4K60. Overkill for running games my Rift.

I do also have a dedicated VR rig for the Vive with 4790K and GTX1080 Hybrid liquid-cooled. A Samsung JS8500 4KTV, a PS4 Pro with PSVR and an old XBONE completes the entertainment cabinet.
Last edited by Strafebogey; 01-06-2017 at 09:27 PM.
Barrel Cannon
Member
(01-06-2017, 08:21 PM)
Barrel Cannon's Avatar

Originally Posted by DKo5

Thanks! The furniture in the office was the first "grown up" set of stuff I ever bought and its worked out really well for the last ~7 years.

Working on games is a blessing and a curse when it comes to the tchotchkes one collects. You should see the collection I've got at the studio! Only the cream of the crop gets to come home.

Not really related to your setup, but your dog is beautiful.

Also the old LE Titanfall statues are so wonderful. It's a shame we didn't get one with BT and Cooper.
CollectedDust
Member
(01-07-2017, 03:16 PM)
CollectedDust's Avatar
This continues to be one of my favorite threads each year. There is some pretty amazing stuff on display here. My setup is fairly similar to last year; however, I’ve added more media storage and made other tweaks throughout 2016.

You can find my prior setups here:
2015 Setup
2016 Setup

I keep my gaming stuff in the basement, in two separate areas. The main area of my basement has a bar, pool table, and a gaming area #1. This area has the Xbox One S, PS4 Pro, and PSVR. I keep these consoles in this room because it has the 4k HDR TV (Sony XBR55X700D). Behind the double doors is my media room / gaming area #2.

I have a 7.2 Klipsch Reference speaker setup, which is accompanied by a Sony 7.2 Receiver and a Sony VPLHW30AES projector. On the screen wall, there are two Klipsch R12SW 12" 400W Subwoofers in the built-ins and various video game systems / hardware in between. From left to right, this includes a Retron 5, Wii U, PC (i7 6700k, 16gb RAM, 980ti), Xbox One Halo 5 Edition, PS4, and many retro systems that are not connected but are ready to go when I get the itch (pictured below).



I’ve added more media storage since the 2016 thread. I can now keep nearly all of my games and movies in the closet next to the screen wall. The Halo Energy Sword above the door that my wife purchased for me adds a nice touch.

Opposite the screen wall I keep all of my collectables. On one end I have my 20th anniversary PS4, and an Atari 2600 sits in the cabinet underneath. I then have an assortment of random items (mostly Halo related) spread across five bookshelves. I’ve also added some LED lighting on the top of the shelves this year.



Last edited by CollectedDust; 01-07-2017 at 03:18 PM.
entremet
Member
(01-07-2017, 03:21 PM)
entremet's Avatar

Originally Posted by DKo5

My setup

Love this.

This is a great example on how to display collections in a tasteful fashion.
finalflame
Member
(01-07-2017, 06:16 PM)
finalflame's Avatar
So many awesome setups in here!

Just finished my new PC build, so my desk is my main gaming area currently:









ThereIs0nly0ne
Junior Member
(01-07-2017, 06:21 PM)
ThereIs0nly0ne's Avatar

Originally Posted by finalflame

So many awesome setups in here!

Just finished my new PC build, so my desk is my main gaming area currently:

Great looking setup. It deserves some really nice braided cables!
CaptainZombie
Member
(01-07-2017, 08:05 PM)
CaptainZombie's Avatar

Originally Posted by finalflame

So many awesome setups in here!

Just finished my new PC build, so my desk is my main gaming area currently:









Love the 570X, I bought the 460X last week.
LegendX48
Member
(01-07-2017, 09:10 PM)
LegendX48's Avatar
all these clean setups and pics, so jelly.

Here's my main junk which is now in the living room of the house:




pc stuff for the curious:

NZXT Switch 810 case (black)
MSI Z77A-G45
i7 3770k @ 4.2ghz
AMD Sapphire RX 480 8gb Nitro +
16gb DDR3 Ram @ 2000mhz
Asus Xonar Essence STX Sound Card
One Samsung 840 120gb SSD
Two 500gb HDDs @ 5400rpm
Two 1TB HDDS @7200rpm
1 DVD drive

Asus 24in 1080p monitor
Wacom Cintiq 22HD (21.5in 1080p monitor)

Sennheiser HD 600 headphones (I have the 558s right next to 'em)
Mackie CR4 speakers
galv
Member
(01-07-2017, 09:23 PM)
galv's Avatar




Moved into a new apartment, I'm still working on adding more stuff. Yes, that is a PS3.
SaylorMan
Junior Member
(01-07-2017, 09:28 PM)
SaylorMan's Avatar
I'm not gonna lie, half (ALL) of these setups make me want to cry.
One day I'm going to post something badass in these setup threads. Its all a matter of time... and money... and first getting a job.
Celcius
Member
(01-08-2017, 01:05 AM)
Celcius's Avatar

Originally Posted by galv


Moved into a new apartment, I'm still working on adding more stuff. Yes, that is a PS3.

I like this setup. I'm assuming you have the PC in the middle hooked up to both screens?
If so, do you use a kb/mouse or controller when gaming on the TV?
galv
Member
(01-08-2017, 01:31 AM)
galv's Avatar

Originally Posted by Celcius

I like this setup. I'm assuming you have the PC in the middle hooked up to both screens?
If so, do you use a kb/mouse or controller when gaming on the TV?

I use my Steam Controller when I'm on the TV. If I want to play with a KB+M (mostly for multiplayer games), I just sit at my desk. Switching between the two is really easy, Win+P lets me switch screens whenever I need to.
MaxLevel
Junior Member
(01-08-2017, 02:12 AM)

Originally Posted by PS4Pro

Hello neogaf, happy new year.

This is my gaming setup

Nice setup! May I ask where I can find the kind of lamp you have there?
Brandson
Member
(01-08-2017, 04:54 AM)

Originally Posted by k789

This is the most beautiful interior design of 2017! I'm calling it now lol

Thanks, I appreciate that. Designing and building it was a lot of work, more than I anticipated from the outset. I designed a street-facing addition to our house as part of this project too, modernizing an old house on a densely packed urban residential street. A lot of self-doubt during that process never having done it before. The neighbours all seem pleased though so I guess it worked. Playing the role of amateur architect is fun, but really time-consuming. I learned a lot doing this.
ThereIs0nly0ne
Junior Member
(01-08-2017, 08:10 AM)
ThereIs0nly0ne's Avatar

Originally Posted by Brandson

Thanks, I appreciate that. Designing and building it was a lot of work, more than I anticipated from the outset. I designed a street-facing addition to our house as part of this project too, modernizing an old house on a densely packed urban residential street. A lot of self-doubt during that process never having done it before. The neighbours all seem pleased though so I guess it worked. Playing the role of amateur architect is fun, but really time-consuming. I learned a lot doing this.

All the more impressive for that. It really is a beautiful space and I'm sure you get a lot of enjoyment from it.
finalflame
Member
(01-08-2017, 09:58 AM)
finalflame's Avatar

Originally Posted by ThereIs0nly0ne

Great looking setup. It deserves some really nice braided cables!

Thanks! CableMod ModFlex black sleeved cables and cable combs are en route, unfortunately the fastest they'll get here is Monday, and I didn't want to wait that long to build for the sake of being one of the very first Kaby Lake/Z270 builds. All the other parts I got at my local computer shop. Will be updating with sleeved cables next week :)

Originally Posted by CaptainZombie

Love the 570X, I bought the 460X last week.

My favorite case thus far! Building in it was also really nice. Just wish they had fully extended the PSU shroud to cover the entire bottom of the case.
manny10032
Member
(01-08-2017, 05:29 PM)
manny10032's Avatar

Originally Posted by inner-G

PC Setup:

Nerd specs: Corsair 100R case, i5 6600K/16GB/ASUS ROG STRIX 1080, Corsair K65RGB keyboard, RGB Scimitar Mouse and RGB Void wired headset, DELL S2716DG 27" 144hz/G-sync, BOSE Companion 2 series III speakers

Just got the Void headset and i have to say it's amazing.
Opt1kon_
Member
(01-08-2017, 07:02 PM)
Opt1kon_'s Avatar








My setup of 2017 so far and I'm considering changing one of the desk to a corner desk from ikea


random game posters scattered aside

there are some chocobo drinks from target behind the acer which reminds me to place them on the collectible shelf with all my game statues, also the spaghetti monster PS4 Pro wires, also have been switching to digital this pass year so the physical cases are slowly dying down on the racks I have in the background
Last edited by Opt1kon_; 01-08-2017 at 07:17 PM.
CLW
Junior Member
(01-08-2017, 09:15 PM)

Originally Posted by CollectedDust

You can find my prior setups here:
2015 Setup
2016 Setup

Really like your setup man. I am in the process of getting my ideas together for a media/gaming room and hope to finish it by the end of the year.

Did you change wall paint colors? In looking at some of the photos the walls appear to be a dark gray color but in the most recent set they appear beige. I'm thinking about going with a dark gray myself and was curious if you switched if there was a reason why.
CollectedDust
Member
(01-08-2017, 11:59 PM)
CollectedDust's Avatar

Originally Posted by CLW

Really like your setup man. I am in the process of getting my ideas together for a media/gaming room and hope to finish it by the end of the year.

Did you change wall paint colors? In looking at some of the photos the walls appear to be a dark gray color but in the most recent set they appear beige. I'm thinking about going with a dark gray myself and was curious if you switched if there was a reason why.

Thanks! Looking forward to pics when you get it setup. I used an old version of this thread to get ideas before I even had a GAF account.

My 2015 setup was in my old house (dark gray walls). 2016 and 2017 is from my current place (beige).

I don't like the beige and would like to repaint to the color from my 2015 setup. Generally speaking, darker walls are better for media room setups.
Bacon_Boss
Member
(01-09-2017, 03:43 AM)
Bacon_Boss's Avatar

My Current set up is... in progress i might say. That being said, i did recently procure a set of logitech Z313 speakers and i'm curious how placement should be. I'm willing to rearrange. and clean (hurts me too), my desk to accomodate them but just generally i'm unaware of how to properly situate them. It's just two speakers and a subwoofer.
hitgirl
Member
(01-09-2017, 04:11 AM)
hitgirl's Avatar

Originally Posted by galv



Moved into a new apartment, I'm still working on adding more stuff. Yes, that is a PS3.

I like this setup. Best of both worlds. Looks better than any attempt I've tried. I think white is the touch as it blends in better with the walls.
goldenpp72
Member
(01-09-2017, 04:19 AM)
goldenpp72's Avatar
I actually had no idea my setup was shown in this topic, weird to see some of the changes made since then, and also some nice stuff in this new topic :P
finalflame
Member
(01-09-2017, 04:45 AM)
finalflame's Avatar

Originally Posted by galv





Moved into a new apartment, I'm still working on adding more stuff. Yes, that is a PS3.

Nice :) I have that same TV console!
Hayriko
Junior Member
(01-09-2017, 06:58 AM)
Hayriko's Avatar
15844741_1206376222744470_2556892455272652623_o
Soapbox Killer
Grand Nagus
(01-09-2017, 07:04 AM)
Soapbox Killer's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hayriko

15844741_1206376222744470_2556892455272652623_o

What in Gods name is this? I can't stop laughing...
jadedm17
Member
(01-09-2017, 08:04 AM)
jadedm17's Avatar

Originally Posted by metareferential

Years of wanting to post and right after you take the plunge...no one notices you ;(

xD

Kyne said it well.

Personally I comment rarely but - much like anyone who keeps the roads safe and those who make my favorite shows to name a few - i appreciate every single post in this thread.

Thread Tools