• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Plum
Member
(03-21-2017, 03:15 AM)
Plum's Avatar

Originally Posted by Golnei

For all the complaints that might be levelled against the music, dungeons, bosses, stealth sections, story, voice acting, lack of dog/fish petting, Amiibo-locked content and the censorship of Purah's swimsuit scene, this is by far the most major issue holding BoTW back from being as flawless as is realistically possible.

Yep. Jim was right. Slant was right. The game really is mediocre.
Last edited by Plum; 03-21-2017 at 03:17 AM.
Deku Tree
Member
(03-21-2017, 03:16 AM)
Deku Tree's Avatar
Just got the classified envelope. Seems the internet has no idea what to do with it.
Brakke
(03-21-2017, 03:16 AM)
Brakke's Avatar

Originally Posted by JakeD

Of the 3 or 4 armor sets that are in the "wild," only one set is obvious where the other 2 pieces are after finding the first.

The rest are luck, unless I missed some clues in journals or spoken by NPCs which is very possible.

Yeah the Savage set is easy to figure out, but the Rubber set had me frustrated for ages. The locations kind of made sense on their own but I couldn't really anticipate the others after finding the first.
random25
Member
(03-21-2017, 03:16 AM)
random25's Avatar

Originally Posted by Whales

Weirdly i've had some lynels drop nothing upon defeat.... They only drop their horns/huts etc

I cant be the only one this happened to

That's weird. The only thing I don't constantly get against lynels are shields because only the sword wielding ones seem to drop them. Otherwise, I always get their bow and weapon upon their defeat.
Dr.Hadji
Member
(03-21-2017, 03:17 AM)
Dr.Hadji's Avatar

Originally Posted by Golnei

For all the complaints that might be levelled against the music, dungeons, bosses, stealth sections, story, voice acting, lack of dog/fish petting, Amiibo-locked content and the censorship of Purah's swimsuit scene, this is by far the most major issue holding BoTW back from being as flawless as is realistically possible.

No lies detected. I try to avoid that faker whenever possible. He was kind of a jerk in Skyward Sword too. Faker there as well.
darklin0
Member
(03-21-2017, 03:17 AM)
darklin0's Avatar

Originally Posted by BorkBork

Tarrey Town quest is pretty long and involved. Thought I would get something nicer at the end!

I forgot about that after Hudson left and recently bumped into it again after tons of hours of exploration. I felt it was pretty cool how it pulled at location knowledge of people you talked to through your journey. I knew where everyone was located and it felt really rewarding.

Originally Posted by Plum

I can't think of a name for (horse spoilers) the Royal White Horse. Any ideas, GAF?

I named mine Artax. I put a copyright on it, none of you can use that name now.

Originally Posted by Shamrock7r

My favorite random sound is Karson going "nyagh!" When they are about to build something.

I am sad I wont be able to hear it again because I bought all the upgrades. T-T
Chaos17
Member
(03-21-2017, 03:19 AM)
Chaos17's Avatar

Originally Posted by AaronMT86

Are silver lynels the strongest? I'm looking for a new Savage Lynel Crusher and all I get from them are shields and bows. Is there one with a guaranteed drop?

Nope, Zebra lynel are as strong as them.
Plum
Member
(03-21-2017, 03:19 AM)
Plum's Avatar
Something just hit me regarding the (side quest spoilers) Tarry Town quest and Rito Village:

Why wasn't that #firstbirdproblems guy complaining about having to help his mum out in her shop a "___son" character? In hindsight's he's the perfect fit for the quest!
FoxHimself
Member
(03-21-2017, 03:27 AM)
FoxHimself's Avatar
Wait... Prince Sidon... P. Sidon... Poseidon.
Stencil
Member
(03-21-2017, 03:27 AM)
Stencil's Avatar
Can anyone explain the Fairy Fountain upgrades and whether or not they stack?

So for example, if I go to the fairy who upgrades a great amount, can I then go to the fairy who upgrades a small amount and get add'l defense points? Will I need to go to both to get the most out of my armor?
vypek
Member
(03-21-2017, 03:28 AM)

Originally Posted by Stencil

Can anyone explain the Fairy Fountain upgrades and whether or not they stack?

So for example, if I go to the fairy who upgrades a great amount, can I then go to the fairy who upgrades a small amount and get add'l defense points? Will I need to go to both to get the most out of my armor?

When you unlock a new fairy, all of them do the same upgrades. So if you unlocked the second fairy, both the first and the second will be capable of doing the same upgrades. They will all do a great amount when you reach that level of upgrade


Originally Posted by FoxHimself

Wait... Prince Sidon... P. Sidon... Poseidon.

Lol. Yes. And Dorephan is dolphin for anyone who didn't notice
Ultimadrago
Member
(03-21-2017, 03:28 AM)
Ultimadrago's Avatar

Originally Posted by FoxHimself

Wait... Prince Sidon... P. Sidon... Poseidon.

...Goddammit.
FoxHimself
Member
(03-21-2017, 03:29 AM)
FoxHimself's Avatar

Originally Posted by Plum

Something just hit me regarding the (side quest spoilers) Tarry Town quest and Rito Village:

Why wasn't that #firstbirdproblems guy complaining about having to help his mum out in her shop a "___son" character? In hindsight's he's the perfect fit for the quest!

Uhhhh. You're not done with the quest I see.
Mariolee
Member
(03-21-2017, 03:29 AM)
Mariolee's Avatar

Originally Posted by FoxHimself

Wait... Prince Sidon... P. Sidon... Poseidon.

This game cannot stop blowing my mind.
Plum
Member
(03-21-2017, 03:30 AM)
Plum's Avatar

Originally Posted by FoxHimself

Uhhhh. You're not done with the quest I see.

Shit. Maybe I should pay attention to names a bit more.
FoxHimself
Member
(03-21-2017, 03:31 AM)
FoxHimself's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ultimadrago

...Goddammit.

He's also Sidon, who poses alot. Pose Sidon.

And he poses side on, I guess.
Blues1990
Member
(03-21-2017, 03:31 AM)
Blues1990's Avatar
With regards to the Wolf Link amiibo, can you spawn Wolf Link as many times as you like? Like, say that it dies, can you revive it? Or is it a one-off thing and it can never be summoned ever again?

Anything else I should know about increasing it's hearts?
Wyndstryker
Member
(03-21-2017, 03:35 AM)
Wyndstryker's Avatar
Evantide island lol

Died there then had to start again...since I respawned on the rock I landed on just outside the island, I dropped a few good things, walked into the island, got my gear removed, then walked back to pick up the stuff I dropped
Weltall Zero
Member
(03-21-2017, 03:37 AM)
Weltall Zero's Avatar

Originally Posted by Blues1990

With regards to the Wolf Link amiibo, can you spawn Wolf Link as many times as you like? Like, say that it dies, can you revive it? Or is it a one-off thing and it can never be summoned ever again?

As far as I know, once per day, like most other amiibo.

By the way, a loading screen tip says that it will lead you to anything you have set the radar to detect, which is pretty cool.
Benzychenz
Member
(03-21-2017, 03:41 AM)
Benzychenz's Avatar
Just found the blood moon shrine.

Seems like a poorly thought out idea, considering there's no warning when one is coming up, and you can't possibly get to the area quick enough when one starts.
Idk, maybe you could just make it if you warp to the shrine with the lord of the mountain and glide over?
Aaronrules380
Member
(03-21-2017, 03:44 AM)
Aaronrules380's Avatar

Originally Posted by Benzychenz

Just found the blood moon shrine.

Seems like a poorly thought out idea, considering there's no warning when one is coming up, and you can't possibly get to the area quick enough when one starts.
Idk, maybe you could just make it if you warp to the shrine with the lord of the mountain and glide over?

You can always check in with the guy at dueling peaks stable who will tell you the day's moon. Or you could just backup an old save once the blood moon happens to go back before it starts
Golnei
Member
(03-21-2017, 03:45 AM)
Golnei's Avatar
If they were really committed to their puns, they would have called Sidon the Dauphin of Zorana.

Originally Posted by Benzychenz

Just found the blood moon shrine.

Seems like a poorly thought out idea, considering there's no warning when one is coming up, and you can't possibly get to the area quick enough when one starts.
Idk, maybe you could just make it if you warp to the shrine with the lord of the mountain and glide over?

I guess you could check with Hino in the morning of that day and have a full day's notice as a result, but it's still inconvenient to expect players to check back there every ingame day until a chance comes up.
Dice
Member
(03-21-2017, 03:45 AM)
Dice's Avatar
I always notice a blood moon coming up as it just starts to rise. It takes a while to actually trigger.
Benzychenz
Member
(03-21-2017, 03:46 AM)
Benzychenz's Avatar
Was cool to find Kass' diary though, only quest of his I'd missed was the one in the bay south of Hateno.

Originally Posted by Aaronrules380

You can always check in with the guy at dueling peaks stable who will tell you the day's moon. Or you could just backup an old save once the blood moon happens to go back before it starts

Originally Posted by Golnei

I guess you could check with Hino in the morning of that day and have a full day's notice as a result, but it's still inconvenient to expect players to check back there every ingame day until a chance comes up.

I did not know this was a thing.
jrDev
Member
(03-21-2017, 03:47 AM)
jrDev's Avatar
Why does my camera only recognizes some items for the compendium?
JJD
Member
(03-21-2017, 03:51 AM)
JJD's Avatar
So I just got my Switch!

This game is a dream, I'm loving it! The only thing pissing me off is that I need a fucking amiibo to get Link's classic costume... :-(

There is no other way to get the costume??? Even as DLC? I wouldn't mind paying a few bucks for the costume...
Blues1990
Member
(03-21-2017, 03:51 AM)
Blues1990's Avatar

Originally Posted by Weltall Zero

As far as I know, once per day, like most other amiibo.

By the way, a loading screen tip says that it will lead you to anything you have set the radar to detect, which is pretty cool.

Ah, cheers. My friend wants a wolf companion for his quest, so this info is much appreciated.
effingvic
Member
(03-21-2017, 03:51 AM)
effingvic's Avatar
From one of the analysis videos, seems like you can use stasis on some weapons to prevent enemies from grabbing them? On the video I saw a moblin was going to grab a tree trunk but the player used stasis on it and the moblin was no longer able to pick it up.

Pretty crazy if thats what really happened!
Benzychenz
Member
(03-21-2017, 03:51 AM)
Benzychenz's Avatar

Originally Posted by JJD

So I just got my Switch!

This game is a dream, I'm loving it! The only thing pissing me off is that I need a fucking amiibo to get Link's classic costume... :-(

There is no other way to get the costume??? Even as DLC? I wouldn't mind paying a few bucks for the costume...

Finish all 120 shrines.
Addi
Member
(03-21-2017, 03:52 AM)
Addi's Avatar

Originally Posted by Benzychenz

Just found the blood moon shrine.

Seems like a poorly thought out idea, considering there's no warning when one is coming up, and you can't possibly get to the area quick enough when one starts.
Idk, maybe you could just make it if you warp to the shrine with the lord of the mountain and glide over?

This one is really easy. Did it today. Made a fire by the platform, slept till the evening a couple of times. the third time I woke up the platform was lit up. It doesn't have to be midnight on a blood moon, just the same evening.
Blues1990
Member
(03-21-2017, 03:53 AM)
Blues1990's Avatar

Originally Posted by JJD

So I just got my Switch!

This game is a dream, I'm loving it! The only thing pissing me off is that I need a fucking amiibo to get Link's classic costume... :-(

There is no other way to get the costume??? Even as DLC? I wouldn't mind paying a few bucks for the costume...


This is spoilers for completing all the shrines, but if you want to know:

After completing all the shrines, you get a costume called "Tunic of the Wild", which is a redesign that is heavily based off of the NES tunic. It's a great alternative if you don't want to hunt down the 8-Bit figurine.
Jintor
Lit himself on fire to get
a mod to tag him
(03-21-2017, 03:53 AM)
Jintor's Avatar
Shrine hunting via radar on a mountainside is pretty frustrating
psyfi
Member
(03-21-2017, 03:53 AM)
psyfi's Avatar
I'm exploring Hyrule Castle for the second time and MAN I missed SO MUCH stuff the first time. I apparently rushed to the top of the castle (and accidentally triggered the final fight with Ganon) the first time, and missed all the stuff lower down. The library, the dining hall, Zelda's study, etc. I found the memory in the castle too, and man, the king is a dick. Makes me like the Old Man a lot less, which is a bummer caused I loved him so much in the early game.
Stopdoor
Member
(03-21-2017, 03:54 AM)
Stopdoor's Avatar

Originally Posted by effingvic

From one of the analysis videos, seems like you can use stasis on some weapons to prevent enemies from grabbing them? On the video I saw a moblin was going to grab a tree trunk but the player used stasis on it and the moblin was no longer able to pick it up.

Pretty crazy if thats what really happened!

This makes sense, Stasis freezes items from all types of movement including gravity so it wouldn't make sense enemies could pick it up.
Double D
Member
(03-21-2017, 03:54 AM)
Double D's Avatar
Where is a good place to farm regular lizalfos tails?
dcx4610
Member
(03-21-2017, 03:55 AM)
dcx4610's Avatar
Man, I'm having a really tough time finding a game to play after BotW. It was such an interesting and unique experience, everything after feels like such a downgrade.
Weltall Zero
Member
(03-21-2017, 03:55 AM)
Weltall Zero's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hazzuh

There are lots of features that other Zelda games had which seemed superfluous and BOTW made worthwhile.

This comment is so true; I also love how it reinvents a lot of Zelda traditions in new ways that aren't even immediately obvious. For example, in most Zeldas your primary means of getting rupees are cutting grass and killing enemies. Here, neither yield rupees, but cutting grass reveals bugs and lizards, and enemies drop parts; mixing both gets you elixirs that sell quite well.

QUOTE=Megasoum;232459993]Huh...

I just noticed that my MS is doing 60 damage... Isn't it 30 when you first pick it up? What affects that?[/QUOTE]

When you're close to certain kinds of enemies (mostly guardians, I think), or in dungeons, it will glow blue and deal 60 damage.
JakeD
Member
(03-21-2017, 03:56 AM)
JakeD's Avatar

Originally Posted by Blues1990

With regards to the Wolf Link amiibo, can you spawn Wolf Link as many times as you like? Like, say that it dies, can you revive it? Or is it a one-off thing and it can never be summoned ever again?

Anything else I should know about increasing it's hearts?

Wolf link will stay with you for 20 mins or so and disappear, but unlike other amiibo, you can call him again the same day. Unless he dies. If he dies, you can use him again in 24 hours
Vena
Member
(03-21-2017, 03:56 AM)
Vena's Avatar
10 more shrines, no guides and going it all natural.

Anteo
Member
(03-21-2017, 03:57 AM)
Anteo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Benzychenz

Just found the blood moon shrine.

Seems like a poorly thought out idea, considering there's no warning when one is coming up, and you can't possibly get to the area quick enough when one starts.
Idk, maybe you could just make it if you warp to the shrine with the lord of the mountain and glide over?

You can see the red moon in the sky way before the cutscene starts, so just check the sky once in a while and teleprot to the shirine when you get one
Spine_Ripper
Member
(03-21-2017, 03:57 AM)
Spine_Ripper's Avatar
Finally found a second fairy fountain earlier today. I had no idea there was even anything of interest in the area, let alone a shrine and a fountain. Thank god I went against basic logic and went there lol. I was just expecting a korok seed. 70 hours in, game is still surprising me.
psyfi
Member
(03-21-2017, 03:58 AM)
psyfi's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vena

10 more shrines, no guides and going it all natural.

Nice!! I'm at 66 shrines, no shiekah sensor. I'm excited that I have so many to hunt down still. :)
kneePat
Member
(03-21-2017, 03:58 AM)
kneePat's Avatar

Originally Posted by psyfi

I'm exploring Hyrule Castle for the second time and MAN I missed SO MUCH stuff the first time. I apparently rushed to the top of the castle (and accidentally triggered the final fight with Ganon) the first time, and missed all the stuff lower down. The library, the dining hall, Zelda's study, etc. I found the memory in the castle too, and man, the king is a dick. Makes me like the Old Man a lot less, which is a bummer caused I loved him so much in the early game.

If Zelda has her own study, don't you think the King should have one too?
Crayolan
Member
(03-21-2017, 04:01 AM)
Crayolan's Avatar

Originally Posted by psyfi

I'm exploring Hyrule Castle for the second time and MAN I missed SO MUCH stuff the first time. I apparently rushed to the top of the castle (and accidentally triggered the final fight with Ganon) the first time, and missed all the stuff lower down. The library, the dining hall, Zelda's study, etc. I found the memory in the castle too, and man, the king is a dick. Makes me like the Old Man a lot less, which is a bummer caused I loved him so much in the early game.

Look around the Library a little harder if you want to get a peek into the King's perspective on things.
psyfi
Member
(03-21-2017, 04:02 AM)
psyfi's Avatar

Originally Posted by kneePat

If Zelda has her own study, don't you think the King should have one too?

I mean not necessarily I don't see why you'd bring up such a fantasy

I'll hunt it down on my next visit :)
Dice
Member
(03-21-2017, 04:02 AM)
Dice's Avatar

Originally Posted by Double D

Where is a good place to farm regular lizalfos tails?

The Lanayru Promenade east of Kakariko.
Spine_Ripper
Member
(03-21-2017, 04:03 AM)
Spine_Ripper's Avatar

Originally Posted by FoxHimself

Wait... Prince Sidon... P. Sidon... Poseidon.

Is this the real life
Double D
Member
(03-21-2017, 04:06 AM)
Double D's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dice

The Lanayru Promenade east of Kakariko.

Thanks. I'll check it out.
Whales
Member
(03-21-2017, 04:07 AM)
Whales's Avatar
So i finally finished the game, after 60h. At one point I got tired of shrines and decided to just finish it up

BotW is a great game, there's no denying it. But there is a lot that can be improved, IMO, in the next zelda games. Here is my short list:

-Better dungeons ( and more of them)
-More enemy variety... Seeing the same bokoblins and moblins everywhere was honestly boring.
-Better bosses ( seriously, bosses in this game are pretty lame... Lynels are harder and more fun to fight. All of the bosses have the same old EYE SWEETSPOT!!! DONT SHOOT MY EYE PLEASE weakness
- Make rain less annoying lol
-Make dashes slightly better. The current ones are useful but they feel too floaty to me, you can get hit out of the air with some attacks with them even if you use them properly because of how slow the dashes are. This would improve the gameplay a lot IMO
- Less shrines please... and other ways to get stamina/ hearts that aren't just shrines
-Shrines could be more appealing aesthetically, it would help making them less ''samey''. For example shrines in Death Mountain could be fire themed, or have more of a Goron look, etc.

All that being said, BotW is probably still one of the best Zelda game ever made. Good job on nintendo for going from ''Handholding babymode enemies hit for a quarter health'' zelda games to a ''Challengingly difficult get one shot by everything son'' zelda game
Last edited by Whales; 03-21-2017 at 04:12 AM.
NOLA_Gaffer
Banned
(03-21-2017, 04:09 AM)
Got frustrated trying to find the eighth gerardo statue during that quest and looked it up online. Turns out the in-game hint as to its location wasn't 100% accurate. I hate having to do it but sometimes I just want to move on.

Next is trying to figure out how to get to that back section of the desert that the game is gating me off from.

Thread Tools