• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

z0m3le
(03-20-2017, 01:58 PM)

Originally Posted by 2+2=5

The dock help performance, so it fits the patent.
You should take into account that in any case games will be aimed to the undocked power, not to an eventual optional accessory, so in any case even if a new dock will give more power if would be used for better resolution and framerate and maybe some effects, nothing more.

Let's stop with this myth, flops are flops, there aren't maxwell flops or whatever flops, they are like kilometers/hours(or miles/hours), a 2017 car can be more efficent, being more comfortable, less polluting etc than a 80s car, but if they do the same km/h then they do the same km/h, period.

Gflops are the number of floating point operations per second, why they are important? Because everything is a floating point in 3d, a 3d model of a big game is made of dozen or hundreds of thousands vertices that have at very minimum 3 floats for the position and 2 floats for the texture coordinates(but more realistically they have many more floats of data), also translation and rotation data are other 3 floats each that have to be multiplied with every single vertex and so on.

You can do floating point operations in a way or another but in the end is the gflops that count.

If games on a newer gpu look better than games on a older gpu with comparable gflops is probably because of newer shaders and the help of more ram, more powerful newer cpu and so on.

Theoretical is the key word, Xbox 360 has a shader efficiency around 60%, and it's shader count is actually hindered to only 217gflops iirc, which means that you are only capable of extracting about 130gflops from the 360 per frame, at least without extreme care to GPU bottlenecks like low level cache and thread wave allocation.

VLIW5 in Wii U is capable of about 80% efficiency, and so it's 176gflops is only capable of about 140gflops per frame, again you can painstakingly extract a bit more, but threads will allocate through the architecture and run into issues where only 4 of the 5 available stream processors can process data.

Maxwell architecture has over 96% efficiency, so that 196 gflops in handheld mode is 188gflops or 377gflops when docked. since 2005, these processors have gotten better at handling effects more efficiently as well, and you shouldn't directly compare gflop numbers because it just doesn't work that way. This is why generally Nvidia gflops will perform 4/3 better than GCN, this is without heavy Async compute engine utilization, but that is only recently wide spread and hasn't been a focus for Nvidia's drivers where they could gain back ground here.

We also haven't touched on fp16, as many graphic operations do not need 32bit values, this is a game by game basis, but with some developers reporting a 70% utilization in their own games, it is safe to say that it can certainly gain ground as developers get more and more use to writing code with 16bit floating point values in mind.
Last edited by z0m3le; 03-20-2017 at 02:55 PM.
Gotdatmoney
(03-20-2017, 02:00 PM)

Originally Posted by PdotMichael

If you can't run your code on X1 then 5 years more of time will not fix that.

The 360 ports of Rise of the Tomb Raider and TitanFall tell me if you put enough time into it, yeah you probably can.
Pasedo
(03-20-2017, 02:10 PM)

Originally Posted by Interfectum

You can't remember where because you made it up.

Actually I read it from a thread in here http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1353695

But my bad I read it so quickly my interpretation was incorrect. I mainly remembered memory was a concern.
blu
Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
(03-20-2017, 04:05 PM)

Originally Posted by z0m3le

Theoretical is the key word, Xbox 360 has a shader efficiency around 60%, and it's shader count is actually hindered to only 217gflops iirc, which means that you are only capable of extracting about 130gflops from the 360 per frame, at least without extreme care to GPU bottlenecks like low level cache and thread wave allocation.

VLIW5 in Wii U is capable of about 80% efficiency, and so it's 176gflops is only capable of about 140gflops per frame, again you can painstakingly extract a bit more, but threads will allocate through the architecture and run into issues where only 4 of the 5 available stream processors can process data.

Maxwell architecture has over 96% efficiency, so that 196 gflops in handheld mode is 188gflops or 377gflops when docked. since 2005, these processors have gotten better at handling effects more efficiently as well, and you shouldn't directly compare gflop numbers because it just doesn't work that way. This is why generally Nvidia gflops will perform 4/3 better than GCN, this is without heavy Async compute engine utilization, but that is only recently wide spread and hasn't been a focus for Nvidia's drivers where they could gain back ground here.

We also haven't touched on fp16, as many graphic operations do not need 32bit values, this is a game by game basis, but with some developers reporting a 70% utilization in their own games, it is safe to say that it can certainly gain ground as developers get more and more use to writing code with 16bit floating point values in mind.

That an over-generalization. Different workloads will exhibit different ALU efficiency. The only thing the paper specs tell us is that there cannot exist a workload where the ALU rate is higher.

Of course newer architectures tend to achieve better utilization for the same workload.
z0m3le
(03-20-2017, 04:18 PM)

Originally Posted by blu

That an over-generalization. Different workloads will exhibit different ALU efficiency. The only thing the paper specs tell us is that there cannot exist a workload where the ALU rate is higher.

Of course newer architectures tend to achieve better utilization for the same workload.

Pretty good articles on AMD architectures on anandtech that will give you those numbers, but yes, I said without optimizations that is what you'd get. I'm actually being generous with vliw5, which pushed 5 spus together and only saw an average of 3.4 utilized on average in games, and the 80% number I use is actually stated to be above what the architecture actually achieves generally. http://www.anandtech.com/show/4061/a...deon-hd-6950/4

It's a really good read if you haven't taken a look at it, the article explains why AMD started grouping 4 spus together in the 6000 series cayman+ cards. There is another article about GCN on there, but I haven't recently looked at it, iirc it could hit 92% efficiency in practice, which shows again how much performance gains these architectures achieve at a base level of code utilization.

Edit: here's the gcn article http://www.anandtech.com/show/4455/a...ts-for-compute, for other people in this thread, ps4 and xb1 use this architecture.
Last edited by z0m3le; 03-20-2017 at 04:29 PM.

Originally Posted by Mokujin

That's quite the BS there, by your logic Ps4 and X1 were also at their limit on release because there is nothing further from exotic than AMD x86 + AMD Gpu.

PS4 and Xbox are indeed way easier to exploit than the PS3 for example.
Hermii
(03-20-2017, 05:29 PM)

PS4 and Xbox are indeed way easier to exploit than the PS3 for example.

That didn't make Knack look like Uncharted 4.
mugurumakensei
(03-20-2017, 05:31 PM)

Originally Posted by Hermii

Yea, Knack looks better than UC4. It really shows how easy it is to exploit when launch games looks so good. Also, Knack is more fun than UC4. Knack Forever.

Being serious, the jumps haven't been that grand so far from individual devs. It makes no sense to compare Sony Japan to Naughty Dog as Naughty Dog and Guerilla are sonys most technically proficient studios.
Hermii
(03-20-2017, 05:35 PM)

Originally Posted by mugurumakensei

Yea, Knack looks better than UC4. It really shows how easy it is to exploit when launch games looks so good. Also, Knack is more fun than UC4. Knack Forever.

Being serious, the jumps haven't been that grand so far from individual devs. It makes no sense to compare Sony Japan to Naughty Dog as Naughty Dog and Guerilla are sonys most technically proficient studios.

Ok, Killzone Shadow Fall to Horizon then. You can't say thats not a huge jump.
Smurfman256
(03-20-2017, 05:45 PM)

Originally Posted by Polygonal_Sprite

I expect Nintendo to talk about an SCD or a standalone dedicated console at E3 (using fully clocked Tegra chips). Switch is simply the first in a family of NX systems which will all play the same games using the same architecture, accounts and OS.

OK, SuperMetalDave.
I am not employed in the video game industry and I was previously banned after posting a bunch of questionable NX rumors I collected by talking to people on Twitter.
(03-20-2017, 05:47 PM)
I think the sweet deal Nintendo got was to use up the 20nm Tegra Nvidia has ordered and couldn't sell on their own and then ASAP switch to the 16nm Tegra (which is essentially Pascal Tegra/X2) for a later model, like a Switch Pro.
wonderful103
(03-20-2017, 06:36 PM)

Originally Posted by 10k

I think the sweet deal Nintendo got was to use up the 20nm Tegra Nvidia has ordered and couldn't sell on their own and then ASAP switch to the 16nm Tegra (which is essentially Pascal Tegra/X2) for a later model, like a Switch Pro.

OOrrrrr, x2 isn't ready for mass, multi-million production 6 months ago.
AmyS
(03-20-2017, 11:53 PM)
Nvidia Tegra line:

Tegra APX
Tegra 2 <-------- 3DS almost used this, before Nintendo decided to go with DMP's PICA 200
Tegra 3 - "Kal-El"
Tegra 4 - "Wayne" - original Shield handheld
Tegra K1 - "Logan" (Kepler architecture) - Shield Tablet
Tegra X1 - "Erista" (Maxwell architecture) - Shield TV, updated Shield TV, Switch
Tegra "Parker" (Pascal architecture)

*Xavier (Volta architecture)
Polygonal_Sprite
(03-21-2017, 01:41 AM)

Originally Posted by Smurfman256

OK, SuperMetalDave.

LOL! Might not be at E3 but people are crazy to laugh at the suggestion we will see more form factors of varying power which all share the same architecture in the future. Nintendo restructured their entire development teams and partnered with Nvidia for this very reason imo.

But it also meant that Shadow Fall, Second Son, The Order and Driveclub are still some of the best looking games available on PS4 only just being beaten recently and even then not by leaps and bounds. PS4 was close to maxed out much, much faster than PS3 was, that's not even a debate.
Last edited by Polygonal_Sprite; 03-21-2017 at 01:49 AM. Reason: added second quote and reply
jon bones
hot hot hanuman-on-man action
(03-21-2017, 01:43 AM)

Originally Posted by AmyS

Nvidia Tegra line:

Tegra APX
Tegra 2 <-------- 3DS almost used this, before Nintendo decided to go with DMP's PICA 200
Tegra 3 - "Kal-El"
Tegra 4 - "Wayne" - original Shield handheld
Tegra K1 - "Logan" (Kepler architecture) - Shield Tablet
Tegra X1 - "Erista" (Maxwell architecture) - Shield TV, updated Shield TV, Switch
Tegra "Parker" (Pascal architecture)

*Xavier (Volta architecture)

damn, the name Erista is a deep cut
Polygonal_Sprite
(03-21-2017, 03:28 AM)

Originally Posted by jon bones

damn, the name Erista is a deep cut

How so?
Donnie
(03-21-2017, 03:35 AM)

LOL! Might not be at E3 but people are crazy to laugh at the suggestion we will see more form factors of varying power which all share the same architecture in the future. Nintendo restructured their entire development teams and partnered with Nvidia for this very reason imo.

But it also meant that Shadow Fall, Second Son, The Order and Driveclub are still some of the best looking games available on PS4 only just being beaten recently and even then not by leaps and bounds. PS4 was close to maxed out much, much faster than PS3 was, that's not even a debate.

I agree PS4 is far easier to develop for than PS3. Still took three and a half years to hit its graphical peak with Horizon though.
jon bones
hot hot hanuman-on-man action
(03-21-2017, 03:43 AM)

How so?

everything's a very popular comic reference... except that one

Tegra 3 - "Kal-El" - Clark Kent's birth name
Tegra 4 - "Wayne" - Bruce's last name
Tegra K1 - "Logan" - Wolverine's most common name
Tegra X1 - "Erista" - Wolverine's extremely obscure son
Tegra "Parker" - Spider-Man's last name
*Xavier - of X-Men fame
Brofield
(03-21-2017, 03:45 AM)

How so?

It's not Logan spoilers as far as I can tell from my brief Google search, but he's the son of Wolverine, though he doesn't know he has a son .
Polygonal_Sprite
(03-21-2017, 03:47 AM)
I see thanks!
lwilliams3
(03-21-2017, 04:23 AM)

Originally Posted by Donnie

I agree PS4 is far easier to develop for than PS3. Still took three and a half years to hit its graphical peak with Horizon though.

Are we sure that even Horizon is at the PS4's peak?

Anyway, not even a console that is very easy to develop for will not get tapped out during the first generation. Factor 5, for example, was able to surpass GCN's launch title, Rogue Leader.
AmyS
(03-21-2017, 04:39 AM)
Tegra really didn't "get gud" until K1.

What kind of goalpost moving is that?

That game is exactly what one can expect from SIE Japan Studio. Imfamous with its particle effects is still a stunning title.
Hermii
(03-21-2017, 07:34 AM)

What kind of goalpost moving is that?

That game is exactly what one can expect from SIE Japan Studio. Imfamous with its particle effects is still a stunning title.

I agree it was silly, I later modified it to Shadow Falls and Horizon.

Infamous wasn't a launch title and wasn't a PS3 remaster/ cross gen. Maybe Xenoblade or Odyssey will close to max out what the Switch can do, but I don't think Zelda is.
Last edited by Hermii; 03-21-2017 at 07:38 AM.
blu
(03-21-2017, 10:28 AM)
Speaking of Tegra, it seems ARM made some serious strides on the coherency fabric front recently, as their latest tech allows heterogeneous mixing (i.e. bigLITTLE) within the same cluster: http://www.anandtech.com/show/11213/...es-per-cluster

Pretty good articles on AMD architectures on anandtech that will give you those numbers, but yes, I said without optimizations that is what you'd get. I'm actually being generous with vliw5, which pushed 5 spus together and only saw an average of 3.4 utilized on average in games, and the 80% number I use is actually stated to be above what the architecture actually achieves generally. http://www.anandtech.com/show/4061/a...deon-hd-6950/4

It's a really good read if you haven't taken a look at it, the article explains why AMD started grouping 4 spus together in the 6000 series cayman+ cards. There is another article about GCN on there, but I haven't recently looked at it, iirc it could hit 92% efficiency in practice, which shows again how much performance gains these architectures achieve at a base level of code utilization.

The thing is, that article hypothesizes on best as well as average cases. But different workloads can deviate arbitrary from the best case as well as from the average scenarios. Apropos, best case for VLIW5 is definitely above 80% - back in the day when VLIW5 was still the norm some guys managed to extract above 90% at dense matrix multiplication workloads via hand-tuned assembly kernels, but I can't seem to find the thread on the old AMD dev forums. As I said, it really depends on the workload.
Last edited by blu; 03-21-2017 at 12:01 PM.
heringer
(03-21-2017, 11:48 AM)

I agree it was silly, I later modified it to Shadow Falls and Horizon.

Infamous wasn't a launch title and wasn't a PS3 remaster/ cross gen. Maybe Xenoblade or Odyssey will close to max out what the Switch can do, but I don't think Zelda is.

Launch titles are usually affected by other factors other than hardware.

Infamous is actually the perfect example here. Only a few months after launch and it's still one of the best looking PS4 titles. Open world too.

I'm sure we'll see some improvements in a couple of years, but far from a PS3/360 situation.
Last edited by heringer; 03-21-2017 at 11:50 AM.
Hermii
(03-21-2017, 01:03 PM)

Originally Posted by blu

Speaking of Tegra, it seems ARM made some serious strides on the coherency fabric front recently, as their latest tech allows heterogeneous mixing (i.e. bigLITTLE) within the same cluster: http://www.anandtech.com/show/11213/...es-per-cluster

Does that mean the X2 can run the Denver cores at the same time as the A57s?

So a hypothetical X2 Switch can utilize all 6 cores at the same time? Or at least that the Denver cores wont be completely useless.
Last edited by Hermii; 03-21-2017 at 01:11 PM.
blly155
Banned
(03-21-2017, 01:06 PM)
is it possible that any future revision would use pascal? or would they likely stick with the exact processor that is there?
Hermii
(03-21-2017, 01:10 PM)

Originally Posted by blly155

is it possible that any future revision would use pascal? or would they likely stick with the exact processor that is there?

It is very likely since its using stock hardware and the developer enviroment is made by Nvidia, that its future proofed enough so it wont be complicated to use a newer Tegra should Nintendo want.

Iwata talked about wanting their next hardware to be iterative like IOS and Android devices.
Last edited by Hermii; 03-21-2017 at 01:15 PM.
blu
(03-21-2017, 01:21 PM)

.Does that mean the X2 can run the Denver cores at the same time as the A57s?

ARM's latest developments are way beyond Parker - there's nothing using those yet. But, yes, Parker has the right CCI to support HMP.
ggx2ac
(03-21-2017, 01:29 PM)

Does that mean the X2 can run the Denver cores at the same time as the A57s?

So a hypothetical X2 Switch can utilize all 6 cores at the same time? Or at least that the Denver cores wont be completely useless.

Nvidia revealed that they can do Heterogeneous Multiprocessing with those CPUs back at Hot Chips when showing Parker.

This DyanmIQ shows that you can have a CPU cluster with a variable amount of cores of varying types of CPUs. The main use for it is for autonomous cars, the article makes an example where you could have an 8 core cluster with two high-powered cores, four mid-range cores and two low power cores.
Liabe Brave
(03-21-2017, 03:45 PM)

Originally Posted by blu

The thing is, that article hypothesizes on best as well as average cases. But different workloads can deviate arbitrary from the best case as well as from the average scenarios.

Though such details are interesting, they're not really material. Even using z0m3le's more ideal estimates, the undocked Switch would have a ceiling around twice as powerful as an Xbox 360. This puts simple ports of current-gen games off the table, even if we don't take into account your more realistic info. A lot of careful rework will be necessary to get those games running well on Nintendo's hardware.
Tron#1
(03-21-2017, 04:31 PM)

Originally Posted by Liabe Brave

Though such details are interesting, they're not really material. Even using z0m3le's more ideal estimates, the undocked Switch would have a ceiling around twice as powerful as an Xbox 360. This puts simple ports of current-gen games off the table, even if we don't take into account your more realistic info. A lot of careful rework will be necessary to get those games running well on Nintendo's hardware.

I dont know. I mean we had a very good port for 360 of the Laura Craft game right. This thing is about twice that in undocked mode. I don't see a reason a complex game( not sure what accounts for that) cant run on the switch. Assuming all we are hearing about it being easy to develop for and this custom api Nintendo and NVidia developed might help more than we know.
z0m3le
(03-21-2017, 04:32 PM)

Well I'm sure you could just reduce graphic fidelity, computers are already doing this in many current gen games. Intel integrated graphics and lower end amd apus have hardware around switch undocked. A closed system with high performance apis and dedicated resources can realize games on switch.

I've said it before, but there is nothing produced today as a game that couldn't work on switch, the reduction in fidelity is not as drastic as one would expect and what people are willing to accept on the go on a 6 inch screen, 2 or 3 times 360? Sure why not, and docked they are getting twice that performance.
Skittzo0413
(03-21-2017, 04:42 PM)

I've said it before, but there is nothing produced today as a game that couldn't work on switch, the reduction in fidelity is not as drastic as one would expect and what people are willing to accept on the go on a 6 inch screen, 2 or 3 times 360? Sure why not, and docked they are getting twice that performance.

I generally agree but there could be issues for CPU intensive games that max out all 6 Jaguar cores. I'm betting there are ways around that in most situations but it might not be possible for some games (such games might not even be made yet, but it's possible given the hardware).

Anyway if this sells like the Wii did (or better- unlikely) then I fully expect the majority of AAA multiplats to make it, though obviously downgraded. Not downgraded to the extent the Wii versions were of course.
Donnie
(03-21-2017, 04:43 PM)

The amount of RAM and feature set will certainly help. 360 isn't just limited by pure performance after all. Its also missing features from current gen and has a very small amount of RAM, neither is the case for Switch. As far as pure performance, well Switch in handheld mode can get away with using a far lower resolution than 360 ever could.
Last edited by Donnie; 03-21-2017 at 04:45 PM.
z0m3le
(03-21-2017, 05:30 PM)

Originally Posted by Skittzo0413

I generally agree but there could be issues for CPU intensive games that max out all 6 Jaguar cores. I'm betting there are ways around that in most situations but it might not be possible for some games (such games might not even be made yet, but it's possible given the hardware).

Anyway if this sells like the Wii did (or better- unlikely) then I fully expect the majority of AAA multiplats to make it, though obviously downgraded. Not downgraded to the extent the Wii versions were of course.

I meant Today as in 3/21/2017. I know of no game that is actually pushing CPU general compute beyond what is capable on Switch's CPU. Now maybe a game will come along that wouldn't work on Switch, but that game doesn't exist atm afaik and Switch doesn't need to get every game to be successful. There is also the chance that Nintendo frees up the 4th core and or increases clocks to 1.2ghz on the CPU side down the road. (around half a watt increase in power consumption) We are still looking at vulkan reducing CPU overhead by a ton, and Nvidia's custom API should be managing this too. All I'm saying is it's not like last year's Call of Duty or BF1 couldn't run on the Switch with some reduction to graphical fidelity, and there is no reason to expect the next one to.
Pasedo
(03-22-2017, 06:43 AM)
So I was reading this article around porting Tomb Raider to Shield TV which was recently released. Not sure where they get their info from but they state 'pushing the boundaries of the powerful SHIELD hardware with its visual prowess.' Seeing as Switch has the same chip is this the potential we can expect and is it enough for today's AAA games? I mean Tomb Raider reboot is still 3+ years old and if it's being pushed by this game does it give us a good guage how it can handle today's games?

https://www.google.nl/amp/phandroid....ia-shield/amp/
atbigelow
(03-22-2017, 06:51 AM)

Originally Posted by Pasedo

So I was reading this article around porting Tomb Raider to Shield TV which was recently released. Not sure where they get their info from but they state 'pushing the boundaries of the powerful SHIELD hardware with its visual prowess.' Seeing as Switch has the same chip is this the potential we can expect and is it enough for today's AAA games? I mean Tomb Raider reboot is still 3+ years old and if it's being pushed by this game does it give us a good guage how it can handle today's games?

https://www.google.nl/amp/phandroid....ia-shield/amp/

If not better, similar. Switch still has more RAM and probably runs similarly to when the Shield is throttling. Vulkan would also help out a lot. That article is also a bit mum on details like TR rendering resolution.
Pasedo
(03-22-2017, 07:14 AM)

Originally Posted by atbigelow

If not better, similar. Switch still has more RAM and probably runs similarly to when the Shield is throttling. Vulkan would also help out a lot. That article is also a bit mum on details like TR rendering resolution.

They also say Shield TV can run Crysis 3 natively. An old game yet a game that brought PC's to their knees for many years and still used as a benchmark today...and it runs it natively. Does this give more credence to Switch being able to handle current and future AAA ports?
Last edited by Pasedo; 03-22-2017 at 07:21 AM.
icecold1983
(03-22-2017, 07:22 AM)

They also say Shield TV can run Crysis 3 natively. An old game yet a game that brought PC's to their knees for many years and still used as a benchmark today...and it runs it natively. Does this give more credence to Switch being able to handle current and future AAA ports?

Any game can theoretically run on switch if scaled back enough
Pasedo
(03-22-2017, 07:27 AM)

Originally Posted by icecold1983

Any game can theoretically run on switch if scaled back enough

Battlefield 1 I think is what people today consider a very graphically intensive game. Id love to see at what level they will need to scale down to get it working on docked and undocked mode. Will it look like shit lol
Spyder_Monkey
(03-22-2017, 07:30 AM)
If it makes anyone feel any better Apple just announced they were releasing a tablet with a one year old chip.
Candescence
(03-22-2017, 07:31 AM)

Battlefield 1 I think is what people today consider a very graphically intensive game. Id love to see at what level they will need to scale down to get it working on docked and undocked mode. Will it look like shit lol

Treyarch actually faithfully ported Modern Warfare 1 to the Wii without any cutbacks to the gameplay side of things, it didn't actually look too shabby. If Ubisoft are porting Steep to the Switch, the system can't be that hard to port down to.
Last edited by Candescence; 03-22-2017 at 07:39 AM.
icecold1983
(03-22-2017, 07:36 AM)

Scale back visuals, player counts, destruction, physics and level complexity enough and it will run on switch
TLZ
(03-22-2017, 07:38 AM)

Originally Posted by Spyder_Monkey

If it makes anyone feel any better Apple just announced they were releasing a tablet with a one year old chip.

How do Ipads (weakest to best) compare to Switch in power? Anyone know?

Genuine question.
Hermii
(03-22-2017, 07:40 AM)

Originally Posted by TLZ

How do Ipads (weakest to best) compare to Switch in power? Anyone know?

Genuine question.

Roughly superior CPU,slightly to significantly inferior gpu and less memory.
Pasedo
(03-22-2017, 07:57 AM)

Scale back visuals, player counts, destruction, physics and level complexity enough and it will run on switch

So basically it'll look and feel like shit :( Battlefield 1 - Light Edition
icecold1983
(03-22-2017, 07:58 AM)

Roughly superior CPU,slightly to significantly inferior gpu and less memory.

Yeah ummmmm no. It absolutely destroys the switch from both a cpu and gpu perspective

http://www.anandtech.com/show/10286/...d-pro-review/2

You can take roughly half of the pixel c scores for graphics benchmarks to replicate switch in portable mode. For cpu benchmarks its half in portable and docked mode
sfried
(03-22-2017, 08:06 AM)

Yeah ummmmm no. It absolutely destroys the switch from both a cpu and gpu perspective

http://www.anandtech.com/show/10286/...d-pro-review/2

You can take roughly half of the pixel c scores for graphics benchmarks to replicate switch in portable mode. For cpu benchmarks its half in portable and docked mode

We are talking weakest iPads, like iPad Mini 3rd Gen. IPad Pro is considerably more powerful, yes, but also considerably larger than Switch too. Pros are more in line with laptops.