• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Maintenance
Member
(03-20-2017, 08:48 PM)
Maintenance's Avatar
Just watched the videos.

Straight up into my veins, please.
dumb
Member
(03-20-2017, 08:56 PM)
dumb's Avatar
Lotus Evora'09 in Arcade Race

https://youtu.be/d6G_jcoyUo8

Corvette C7 at Nurburgring

https://youtu.be/0wu_ZdqAnj8

source GT planet ;)
Last edited by dumb; 03-20-2017 at 09:00 PM.
RankoSD
Member
(03-20-2017, 08:58 PM)
RankoSD's Avatar
Nice, they've updated the graffiti on the Nurburgring and now there is a GT logo there :)



Shame that they have to be up to date because ~3 years ago it looked like this:



~7 months ago like this:




Today, "WE ♥" part got completely smudged out and the GT logo is barely visible, so I guess that they have been there few months ago.
Codeblew
Member
(03-20-2017, 09:00 PM)
Codeblew's Avatar
Is this game going to have standard cars?
farisr
Member
(03-20-2017, 09:04 PM)
farisr's Avatar

Originally Posted by Codeblew

Is this game going to have standard cars?

no

Originally Posted by farisr

Game initially was set to launch with 140 cars before the delay, and yeah no standard cars has been confirmed.

“In the end, there will be around 4 to 5 hundred cars. All cars have been re-modeled, and there won’t be standard cars.”

https://www.gtplanet.net/gt-sport-co...p-to-500-cars/

benzy
Member
(03-20-2017, 09:07 PM)
benzy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lion Heart

Did they downgrade the trees? I'll have to check when I get home but after the first upgrade in visuals, the trees had that Uncharted 4 like Sheen to the leaves. Looked really good. Now it looks like a combination of pre upgrade and post upgrade..

Trees still have specular shaders and subsurface scatter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wu_ZdqAnj8



ValfarHL
Member
(03-20-2017, 09:09 PM)
ValfarHL's Avatar

Originally Posted by sems4arsenal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wu_ZdqAnj8

That's a proper V8 alright.

Still sounds very...static and lifeless.
Especially in high rpm and gear changes.
CSX
Member
(03-20-2017, 09:11 PM)
Came in to see some gifs. Leaving satisfied. Time to go searching for my old ass wheel and a converter lol
dumb
Member
(03-20-2017, 09:15 PM)
dumb's Avatar
benzy
Member
(03-20-2017, 09:40 PM)
benzy's Avatar
thelastword
Member
(03-20-2017, 09:42 PM)
thelastword's Avatar
Best lighting, cars and trackside detail (foreground) I've seen in a racer.......Car engine sound is more accurate, but also other sound quips when cars goes over bumps etc, they sound heavier and more detailed...Performance looks to be ace from what I've seen as well.....I'd just like that extra pass of T.A.A....atp.
Last edited by thelastword; 03-20-2017 at 09:45 PM.
Servbot24
[CIA SLOWLY TAKES OFF HOOD]
(03-20-2017, 09:43 PM)
Servbot24's Avatar
These gifs... Video games, jeez.
Coulomb_Barrier
Member
(03-20-2017, 09:50 PM)
Coulomb_Barrier's Avatar
Looks wild but hasn't got Driveclub beat until we see prolonged gameplay and across different stages.
TrojanBlade
Member
(03-20-2017, 10:26 PM)
TrojanBlade's Avatar
Why are folks posting videos, gifs and images of real life in this thread? I came here to see GTSport game.

I don't believe it. O.O
a916
Member
(03-20-2017, 10:34 PM)
a916's Avatar
How.... um but how... wow... I'm speechless.
flipswitch
Member
(03-20-2017, 10:39 PM)
flipswitch's Avatar

Originally Posted by Audioboxer

Any info on PS4 Pro improvements in the beta? Higher resolution/better FPS?

Well someone in this thread mentioned that replays are 60fps on pro and 30fps on original PS4. Can anyone confirm this?
Chris Metal
Member
(03-20-2017, 10:46 PM)
Chris Metal's Avatar
Would like to see some Pro footage but everything so far seems to be OG PS4, which looks amazing anyway. Noone uploading 1080p footage :(
phantasmic_glaive
Member
(03-20-2017, 10:54 PM)
phantasmic_glaive's Avatar
...hmm that's probably the most realistic game(?) I've ever seen. I don't even play racers like that, but GT gets me every time. Damn..
kostacurtas
Member
(03-20-2017, 10:58 PM)
kostacurtas's Avatar
bud
straight
(03-20-2017, 11:11 PM)
bud's Avatar
i really hope they keep improving the sounds. what i'm hearing so far is definitely a lot better than it was in the past so i'm hopeful.
Last edited by bud; 03-20-2017 at 11:53 PM.
Betta Lines
Member
(03-20-2017, 11:45 PM)
Betta Lines's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fried Food

I'm sure BettaLines got in. Where you at!

I'm not sure he got in, but he should have!

Sadly not, I don't even own a PS4 :(
Gestault
Junior Member
(03-20-2017, 11:57 PM)
Gestault's Avatar
I'm finally seeing some good-res footage of complete races.

Maybe there's something wonky about this recording/race in particular, but in the nitpick category, I'm seeing low vehicle reflection framerates and obvious reflection threshholds. Interior car lighting seems to lag behind environment lighting in sort of staggered jumps. Ambient occlusion seems to disregard light direction, so you get a locked-in shadow placement to the left and right of cars ahead of you. It's little weird stuff that's obvious when you see it in gameplay angles.

That being said, this looks like a cosmic leap forward in general. I can't wait to play. The handling (now that we're past a handful of random streamers' iffy skills) looks wonderful. Camera movement in the cockpit/hood cam are roughly the level I prefer. In-car camera could maybe be pushed forward a bit for asthetics, but it looks good for peripheral views and gives a good sense of your surroundings. Visually, they have the exposure range set nicely for the different cams, and things like headlights are saftely in "YEESSSSS" territory. You can see the shortcuts they use for the treelines, but it's handled super well.
AndyD
aka andydumi
(03-20-2017, 11:59 PM)
AndyD's Avatar
This is looking really good. Do we know if it's PS4 or Pro fotoage?
The Ummah
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:00 AM)

Originally Posted by kostacurtas

Unbelievable. This looks amazing!

Edit: Are the trees/foliage static? Would be cool to see a noticeable breeze flowing or something, but still looks ACE.
kostacurtas
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:00 AM)
kostacurtas's Avatar
Ame
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:04 AM)
Ame's Avatar
This thread is making me optimistic about the eventual release of this game.
Gestault
Junior Member
(03-21-2017, 12:08 AM)
Gestault's Avatar
Oh man, with headphones on, the environmental audio for the "home-stretch" areas of the track for race events are amazing. They got the echoy, overlapping loudspeakers and various states of engines rev so well you almost don't think about it.
Mush
6.0
(03-21-2017, 12:24 AM)
Mush's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ame

This thread is making me optimistic about the eventual release of this game.

Honestly, I can see this game dropping sometime in August-September.
Gestault
Junior Member
(03-21-2017, 12:28 AM)
Gestault's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mush

Honestly, I can see this game dropping sometime in August-September.

As much as I'm sure some people are gonna gripe, the reduced scope is probably a godsend for PD. That focus is going to make a more polished game.
NHale
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:29 AM)
NHale's Avatar

Originally Posted by kostacurtas

What the f....
Stillmatic
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:34 AM)
Stillmatic's Avatar

Originally Posted by kostacurtas

When I heard there was no dynamic time of day for some reason I though the times of day you could choose from would all be baked. But it looks like they're not baked, the time of day just doesn't change during the course of a race.
dr guildo
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:39 AM)
dr guildo's Avatar

Originally Posted by The Ummah

Unbelievable. This looks amazing!

Edit: Are the trees/foliage static? Would be cool to see a noticeable breeze flowing or something, but still looks ACE.

Yeah, static foliage seems to be a bit off, I hope the wind will blow as hell in the final version.
Makki
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:39 AM)
Makki's Avatar

Originally Posted by kostacurtas

Yo, my man...
PodcastFips
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:41 AM)
PodcastFips's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mush

Honestly, I can see this game dropping sometime in August-September.

Mid-December in a PS4 bundle for 239$ is my guess.
farisr
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:47 AM)
farisr's Avatar

Originally Posted by Stillmatic

When I heard there was no dynamic time of day for some reason I though the times of day you could choose from would all be baked. But it looks like they're not baked, the time of day just doesn't change during the course of a race.

Yeah, it's not baked. Which makes it seems like they do have a dynamic ToD system done, but it may not have been doable for this game and its release timeline, making me hopeful for a proper GT7 having it at release.
flipswitch
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:47 AM)
flipswitch's Avatar

Originally Posted by PodcastFips

Mid-December in a PS4 bundle for 239$ is my guess.

So that would make it 4 years since GT6. I hope they deliver.

Originally Posted by farisr

Yeah, it's not baked. Which makes it seems like they do have a dynamic ToD system done, but it may not have been doable for this game and its release timeline, making me hopeful for a proper GT7 having it at release.


So GT7 is a thing as well? Why don't they just make this as the GT7.
Jack The Nipper
Can outshoot and shutdown Steph Curry at the local YMCA.
(03-21-2017, 12:50 AM)
Jack The Nipper's Avatar
You'd assume the next gttis gt 7 and they knew this game would be lighter on tracks, cars and content than they want in a gt.
farisr
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:52 AM)
farisr's Avatar

Originally Posted by flipswitch

So GT7 is a thing as well? Why don't they just make this as the GT7.

Not officially, they want people to buy this game. And why not make this GT7? Because it doesn't hold up to the scope of a numbered game (at least based on what they've said so far, this could change possibly due to the delay) and they can get away with it by saying it wasn't GT7 after the fact. This release is happening because PD is really slow at development and knows there are a decent number of people who will eat this release right up at full price despite it being heavily cut down in scope compared to what's expected of a traditional GT title right now.
Last edited by farisr; 03-21-2017 at 01:43 AM.
kostacurtas
Member
(03-21-2017, 01:20 AM)
kostacurtas's Avatar
SolidSnakex
Member
(03-21-2017, 01:25 AM)
SolidSnakex's Avatar
l2ounD
Member
(03-21-2017, 01:44 AM)
l2ounD's Avatar
Want this now!!! Maybe the next batch of invites come a week later, I hope!
NHale
Member
(03-21-2017, 01:45 AM)
NHale's Avatar

Originally Posted by farisr

Not officially, they want people to buy this game. And why not make this GT7? Because it doesn't hold up to the scope of a numbered game (at least based on what they've said so far, this could change possibly due to the delay) and they can get away with it by saying it wasn't GT7 after the fact. This release is happening because PD is really slow at development and knows there are a decent number of people who will eat this release right up at full price despite it being heavily cut down in scope compared to a traditional GT title.

This isn't GT7 because you can't try to emulate what iRacing does best while keeping the "collect all cars" style of game where the quantity of the content is more important than exactly the substance of the content.

They decided to take a risk and make a spinoff heavily focused on online multiplayer because they want to make a truly competitive and fair racing game on consoles that at the same time could be the perfect "game as service" for years to come (via cars as DLC) even if they release a GT7. Both games will co-exist because this is just using Gran Turismo branding since it's a known brand and they would be foolish not to. But at the same time they aren't trying to fool anyone by calling it GT7. It's GT Sport for a reason.

You say heavily cut down in scope, but I say it has a much deeper scope from what they announced it (let's see if they deliver it) than any previous GT game considering all the functionalities they said are going to be in the multiplayer component especially if they go all in into seasonal events and team endurance racing. Of course the focus of this game will not please a big chunk of the traditional GT fans and even some racing fans that are used to numbers going up everytime and that racing games are like Guitar Hero and that's why they are taking a big risk by making this spinoff.
Last edited by NHale; 03-21-2017 at 01:48 AM.
farisr
Member
(03-21-2017, 01:59 AM)
farisr's Avatar

Originally Posted by NHale

Both games will co-exist because this is just using Gran Turismo branding since it's a known brand and they would be foolish not to. But at the same time they aren't trying to fool anyone by calling it GT7. It's GT Sport for a reason.

Nah, I'd say there's still some shitty PR stuff going on still trying to get folks to buy this. They have never once called this a spinoff themselves. Even have gone as far as to say that the game is eatured enough that "Thinking about it now, yeah, we could have called it Gran Turismo 7."

Have also said GT1-6 presents the first era. GT Sport is the new era and direction of the series going forward, once again implying this is not a spinoff but a main entry and what to expect from the next entries in the series as well.
Last edited by farisr; 03-21-2017 at 02:04 AM.
GearFourth
Junior Member
(03-21-2017, 02:02 AM)
GearFourth's Avatar
I like that GT doesn't go for that extra gritty exaggerated hollywood sounds its more serene and bliss~
Just like all of Gran Turismo from menus style, sound effect music all elegance which is a GT trademark
pixelation
Member
(03-21-2017, 02:02 AM)
pixelation's Avatar
How's the AA?
jonnyp
Member
(03-21-2017, 02:13 AM)
jonnyp's Avatar

Originally Posted by SolidSnakex

They've brought the GT5 pre-patch cockpit movement back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bim8-r19LRQ

Why does the engine sound like an amateur raping a violin inside the cockpit?
travisbickle
(03-21-2017, 02:21 AM)
travisbickle's Avatar

Originally Posted by farisr

Not officially, they want people to buy this game. And why not make this GT7? Because it doesn't hold up to the scope of a numbered game (at least based on what they've said so far, this could change possibly due to the delay) and they can get away with it by saying it wasn't GT7 after the fact. This release is happening because PD is really slow at development and knows there are a decent number of people who will eat this release right up at full price despite it being heavily cut down in scope compared to what's expected of a traditional GT title right now.


lol, this is it. It's a different direction for the series. They may go back to a single-player focused experience but only if this venture into online-competitive racing fails.

Buy it if you like it, don't if you don't.
throwawayname
Member
(03-21-2017, 02:26 AM)
throwawayname's Avatar

Originally Posted by jonnyp

Why does the engine sound like an amateur raping a violin inside the cockpit?

because thats what it sounds like
paskowitz
Member
(03-21-2017, 02:26 AM)
paskowitz's Avatar
Any news on FFB wheel support? Fanatec wheels with that PS4 adapter?
farisr
Member
(03-21-2017, 02:30 AM)
farisr's Avatar

Originally Posted by travisbickle

lol, this is it. It's a different direction for the series. They may go back to a single-player focused experience but only if this venture into online-competitive racing fails.

Buy it if you like it, don't if you don't.

I won't be buying it, and if that is truly the case (that they have no intention of making a game with a decent SP focus in the future) then I hope this fails enough for them to not make the series go in this direction, but does well enough for them to implement it into a proper GT7 entry so fans of this stuff aren't disappointed.

Thread Tools