• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

King Gilga
(03-19-2017, 06:29 PM)

Originally Posted by Spyder_Monkey

He basically did what Dan Olson parodied a couple days ago.
https://twitter.com/FoldableHuman/st...84691452043267

That's amazing.
big_erk

Originally Posted by Ninja Scooter

"Calling someone out individually for something stupid/vile they said is the same thing as generalizing an entire group of people based on their ethnicity! Both sides, guys! BOTH SIDES!"

Fuck out of here with your intellectually lazy bullshit.

ElBoxyBrown

Originally Posted by Nimby

What are the Youtube comments like?

It's 50/50. Some upvotes are sympathizing with him while others are taking to task with what he said.
Sir TapTap

Originally Posted by Titanoboa

As terrible as that is, I'd hope even that neonazi would realize this is a shitty apology lol

Honestly political discourse seems to be largely beyond the point where people (at least "alr right" people) will admit an argument or statement was made poorly. They just scream that it was fine because they agree with it and if you didn't like it, it's because you're an offended snowflake liberal cuck etc.

It's why there's no dialog to be had with these people. They're not arguing on genuine terms, they're, ironically "virtue signalling" to show other racist punks they're on their side, and anyone who disagrees is just automatically Evil Liberals.

It's why Milo and the like were popular. Couldn't argue their way out of a paper fucking bag, but he sure hated muslims so he was alright by them.
Got
Banned
he's such a garbage human being.
EmiPrime
Racist cretin doubles down. I'm shocked.
MegaManTrigger
(03-19-2017, 06:30 PM)
Funny how it took the subscriber shitstorm to get this, and even then, he can't even damage control properly. Won't be surprised if this is one of the few instances where he continues to lose subs even after his pathetic damage control attempt.
Gator86

Originally Posted by LionPride

Y'all ever notice how when a poster is wrong and gets called out they sometimes just dip?

Always. There's like 4 basic comments that get thrown out and when those inevitably fail, because obviously, they'll just dip or demand the thread be closed.
Ninja Scooter
bow down to the
Kings in Raider hats

Originally Posted by Biske

You know if when you are under pressure, you're reaction is to become some kind of xenophobic racist.. that probably says all it needs to say about you.

"I'm not racist, I was just feeling stressed" isn't a good excuse.

I know whenever I've had a long day at work I sometimes accidentally marginalize oppressed groups all the time.
LonelyGreyWolf

Originally Posted by Nesotenso

how many subscribers did this moron lose?

Relatively speaking, practically none. A vast majority of his three million plus subscribers have no idea this ever even happened. That is, of course, also why this video is unlisted.
A Link to the Past
Snitch
"I'm not racist, I just was flustered"

Originally Posted by mlclmtckr

What the fuck is up with these YouTubers not knowing how to apologize

Did they all just have shit parents or what

JonTron likely truly believes he's not a racist.
jacob armitage
Banned
(03-19-2017, 06:31 PM)

Originally Posted by Nimby

What are the Youtube comments like?

Not as bad as i expected - some people just shit posting, some taking his side, others taking him to task. Its an unlisted video however so we'll see how much it gets passed around.

Can you monetize unlisted videos? I'd hate to think of him getting revenue off this.
Alucrid
now that jontron has had time to collect his thoughts i think he's prepared to go back and talk with that destiny guy for another 2 hours
EmiPrime

I know whenever I've had a long day at work I sometimes accidentally marginalize oppressed groups all the time.

It's okay Scooter, it's alright to "try out new ideas".
Spyder_Monkey
These guys need to hire some PR manager. If an actual journalist they're so against said the things JonTron said doubled down on it, you would bank that they would not only be against, but also get the journalist fired.
KarmaCow
Well the important thing is he put out a video where the tone seemed apologetic even if he is really just doubling down.
Anung
Un Rama

I stubbed my toe last week and shouted about the zionist thot muslamic immigrant terrorists but it was just a random thought in the heat of the moment. I totally don't actually believe these things I've alluded to many times over.
Perfect Blue
Dude needs to button up his shirt lol
LionPride
Banned

It's the American way
The_Kid
(03-19-2017, 06:32 PM)
How can someone be this much of an idiot? How?
Jofamo
Can someone explain to me what people like JonTron believe White Culture even is?

Like, past all the obviously racist stuff. What do we have that's at such risk?
Sir TapTap

Originally Posted by ElBoxyBrown

Basically:

"I'm not racist, but I have to defend white people and their beautiful culture called America!"

This motherfucker. lol

The painful irony is this sort of scum has been by far the most harmful thing to America since the Iraq war, arguably worse (I don't agree with it, but it was for a reason. This is just idiocy).

They don't care about America though, not real America. Just magical white-only 'utopia' America. Really wish people did a better job at tearing into them for being anti-American because they are. but like I said in my last comment, there's not really much point in arguing with them, they're not doing it genuinely.

Originally Posted by jacob armitage

Not as bad as i expected - some people just shit posting, some taking his side, others taking him to task. Its an unlisted video however so we'll see how much it gets passed around.

Can you monetize unlisted videos? I'd hate to think of him getting revenue off this.

You can, yeah, dunno if this one in particular is.
inky
How much do you have to hate yourself to be the son of an immigrant and pretend you are part of some sort of pure genetic line in a country built by other immigrants, who happened to have massacred the actual native genetic line?
LionPride
Banned
(03-19-2017, 06:33 PM)

Originally Posted by Anung

I stubbed my toe last week and shouted about the zionist thot muslamic immigrant terrorists but it was just a random thought in the heat of the moment. I totally don't actually believe these things I've alluded to many times over.

?????
EmiPrime

Originally Posted by Jofamo

Can someone explain to me what people like JonTron believe White Culture even is?

Poorly seasoned food.
Biske

Yeah, the other day at the store I tried to find a Switch carrying case, didn't have any so naturally I went...

Caboose
What a fuckboy
mlclmtckr
(03-19-2017, 06:34 PM)

Originally Posted by A Link to the Past

Honestly jontron is more openly racist than almost anyone I've seen lately. Even 'white nationalists' act like all they want is a racially segregated state. Jon is just straight up saying that black people are biologically predisposed to being criminals.
Last edited by mlclmtckr; 03-19-2017 at 06:38 PM.
Makai
Why hasn't Maker Studios fired JonTron if they were so quick with PewDiePie?
Ninja Scooter
bow down to the
Kings in Raider hats

Originally Posted by 3DShovel

That's not at all what I said but OK. Hate breeds hate, even if it's in different forms.

While I do think he was a little unapologetic, I don't feel he should be crucified or anything. Nor do I think he should be simply forgiven.

But let's not build people up to start sending death threats.

I don't want to cause any troubles here, so I'll remove myself from the thread.

You're banned but I'm sure you are just some alt so maybe you'll read this anyway:

What you've said here is the same weak ass argument people like you are forced to use when defending moronic bigots like JonTron. Bring up strawmen to try and legitimize your pathetic position because without, it becomes readily apparent thatyou have no leg to stand on. Nobody is sending him death threats. Nobody is asking for Jon to be crucified. Nobody is asking for him to be arrested. Nobody is asking for him to be hurt. People are using the same public, social platform (the internet) that he used to spew his hateful nonsense to criticize him for said hateful nonsense. Yet, to you, that puts everyone on equal footing. You (and whoever your various other alt accounts are) are full of shit.
kamineko
Does his best thinking in the flying car
Economic anxiety, YouTube edition
Imp the Dimp
Really good contribution to the topic by skelitor121:

Regardless of what Jon says, I'm a bit disappointed that he thinks his statement means anything now that he's had his time to go back over his points and change them and research them. It's a bit bullshit to think that your opinions only work out well when they're unquestioned, untested and unparalleled. Jon is only capable of sounding like a smart man when he's sitting in his room, alone, an echo chamber of transparency, but when he's put up against someone who asks him to explain or challenges his opinion he devolves to ridiculous statements and racism, and we're supposed to think he's gotten the raw deal outta that?

Bobby Roberts
Banned

Originally Posted by Spyder_Monkey

These guys need to hire some PR manager.

No, they need to not be racist.

Hiring a PR manager just means they know they're full of shit and they'd like to pay someone to make their shit smell better, and maybe sculpt it into a decorative end table or small statue or something that isn't awful to look at.

PR manager basically lets him consistently shit himself with the safety and knowledge that someone is going to wipe his ass for him.

Honestly, who needs a PR manager when a good 1/3-1/2 of his fanbase is going to volunteer their talents at amateur spin in every forum/messageboard/reddit & facebook thread? That's free labor.
Kyzer
RIP to Harambe, the gorilla who died

well that is the case with every racist
Lucky Seven
Could somebody please stop him? Have any of his friends gone out and said, "Yeah, we talked about he said, I told him what was wrong, but he doesn't see it". How could he be doubling down, now?
Murkas
(03-19-2017, 06:35 PM)

Originally Posted by L Thammy

If your fascist heart is pure, the magical race fairy will come and transform you into a white person.

Monochromaticx
Fuck off.
Twentieth
Used Breitbart as a source. Welp.
JonnyDBrit
So, from the sounds of it, it seems like Jon ends up falling back on abstract arguments of how he failed to properly explain himself, while failing to really address or qualify the implications of specific statements from the stream.

Now I'm gonna hesitate in following youtubers until there's some clear indication of their values.
Gator86

"I'm not racist, I just was flustered"

The governor of Maine said the state was at war with black people then threatened to actually murder a state legislator because the legislator called him racist. There's a 0% chance JonTron thinks he's racist in any way. It's why arguing about who is racist and who isn't doesn't work. Most people are incapable of processing the idea that they're a "racist."
Magwik
I really want to go back in time and find out when history changed for so many people that Hitler and the Nazi's only targeted the Jews, and white supremacy wasn't at all a driving factor for them. Because every time someone gets caught being a fucking racist, their defense is pretty much "I'm not a Nazi, I've got nothing against Jews cause they're white!" without saying so explicitly.
Scipio
(03-19-2017, 06:36 PM)
Why is it a bad thing that white people are becoming a minority? (which they aren't)
Plywood
NeoGAF's smiling token!
Surprise he just doubles down.
SillyNonsense
So basically what he's saying is...he meant exactly what he said, he just wanted it to sound nicer.

Okay.
Makai

Originally Posted by Jofamo

watching JonTron videos
Garrett Hawke

Originally Posted by Twentieth

Used Breitbart as a source. Welp.

pewdiepie directly mentioned sargon of fucking akkad in his "HERE'S WHY THE MEDIA IS WRONG" video

doing a really good job of proving how not shitty they are lmao
Pandaman
Everything is moe to me

Originally Posted by Ocarina_117

Are these youtubers incapable of receipting a prepared speech for more than 30 second segments?

Dafuk with all the jumpcuts?

He probably kept accidentally saying things that were 'incriminating'
big_erk
(03-19-2017, 06:37 PM)

Originally Posted by Perfect Blue

Dude needs to button up his shirt lol

You will revel in the scraggly pubes growing on his chest, and you will enjoy it.
chronic_archaic
Good thing I never watched his videos. Guy sounds like a giant piece of shit.
jacob armitage
Banned

Originally Posted by Makai

watching JonTron videos

*giggles*