• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fez (XBLA)|OT| If you have no interest in discussing the game, don't enter the thread

Nazgul11

Not sure where to put this since I'm not allowed to make new threads.

Fez Remiz album almost done

iZUR7RJgPNSru.JPG

ibrmkpt5DYps1q.JPG

isYS0OhMAEPFs.JPG

Not sure if the original OST can be topped, but at least it's going to be interesting.

So ready for this.

The Fez soundtrack is the Tron Legacy soundtrack of videogames.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Two hours though? Hows about you just choose the very best 45 minutes and cut the crap? I like the Fez ost but damn is it a bit too long.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry for the necro-bump.
I recently started playing this on Vita, due to a good friend's constant nagging, telling me it was the greatest game ever. Turns out that it's great!

As the post above confirms, there still (well, a few months ago at least) seems to be a lot of buzz about the developer. As a disclaimer, I haven't watched the documentary and haven't read much about the stories/events surrounding Fish. To be honest, I'm finding it increasingly hard to give a damn about any industry drama, and get a lot more joy out of this hobby if I just tune all the nonsense out. It's working wonders, and I thoroughly recommend it to others who may have been feeling a little jaded as of late.

Anway, I get the majority of my indie gaming fix on Vita - almost always late to the party, but never with any regrets. It's such a great system, perfect for drawing you into these "tiny" worlds. The pick up and play/sleep mode aspect also aids your commitment to these games, making it easy for me to go back to FEZ again and again.

I'm on NG+(+) now. There was no reason for me to finish it a second time (as I haven't got all the devil squares yet); I just wanted to get back to the start point and slowly go through, checking whether I'd missed anything. Figuring out the platforming puzzles, and moreso the world/decoding puzzles is extremely satisfying.
Puzzle spoiler: Figuring out the
"Tetris block" patterns using that room with the music box
was an especially nice feeling. It was exciting recognising those patterns elsewhere in the game, and successfully uncovering new secrets and pathways.

I don't think I can get any more of the anti-cubes without decoding the game's main non-English language. Got plenty of screenshots saved for reference, so one day I will get comfy with a pen and paper and get to work on that. I've found a few artifacts, but not sure how to put them to use yet (either in or outside the game)...
In the meantime, I'm enjoying just breezing through with the relaxing visuals, cute animation and excellent soundtrack.

Frankly, I don't know Fish, and I don't particularly want to know him. If I met him I would congratulate him on a great game, and look forward to more of his work. All this name-calling and boycotting rubbish just makes us look like children, especially when it's an independent developer doing something we might actually be interested in. If you're so stubborn about your principles that you can't look past an individual in order to enjoy a perfectly decent (and intelligent) game, then that's your choice, but ultimately your loss.

Basically, if you're curious about FEZ but wary about all the non-press about its creator, then please step off the fence and give this a look. It's been in a couple of Humble Bundles and PSN sales, not to mention that it's probably very cheap in general by now, so if you like thoughtful, whimsical platformers and/or puzzle games, then you owe it to yourself to give this a look.

Top Bottom