• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat has the greatest theme song of anything ever!!!

Salsa

If only they put it in some game..

There was a recut of a trailer for the new game with this theme and it was just perfect. I really dont know why they dont give people what they want. How hard can it be to get the rights ?

Dead

well not really...yet
Was this ever even used in any of the games?

Funny how ubiquitous the first MK movie became to the franchise

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
SalsaShark said:

There was a recut of a trailer for the new game with this theme and it was just perfect. I really dont know why they dont give people what they want. How hard can it be to get the rights ?

I think I read somewhere that they said they tried it out with the new game but it wasn't as cool as they imagined it would be. I can see that being the case.

careksims

I have to say it is still the best video game movies I ever seen. I still remember seeing it in theaters and was floored. Such great music that pumps you up.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Dead said:

I think the song is in rights hell keeping it from being used in anything.

Dead

well not really...yet
careksims said:
I have to say it is still the best video game movies I ever seen. I still remember seeing it in theaters and was floored. Such great music that pumps you up.
Yeah, kinda sad that it still hasn't been topped, lol

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Dead said:

Not that I can remember. The actual MK1 theme was rather forgettable. SF2 was more known for the character themes than the title screen theme (though even that's more memorable than in MK). Killer Instinct had a pretty awesome theme.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
If only mk1 was the only mk movie to ever release. If only mk never went 3d. I might still have nostalgia left over. I was such a huge god damn fan of mk until all of that and somehow, somewhere, street fighter, which is like the hot chick that I always passed up, because mk had personality, just stole my heart.

I still have way more nostalgia for sonic than I do mario though.

Original sub zero for life. Fuck a scorpion.

Dead said:
Yeah, kinda sad that it still hasn't been topped, lol
Too bad Gore Verbinski's BioShock got shelved. Apparently the studio heads didn't understand the concept and Verbinski's insistence on R rating for the movie sealed its fate. Really unfortunate that donkey crap like Meet the Spartans gets made and potentially good movie based on BioShock's universe doesn't. Prince of Persia and Silent Hill were decent though.

Anth0ny

Lost Fragment said:
I think I read somewhere that they said they tried it out with the new game but it wasn't as cool as they imagined it would be. I can see that being the case.

WTF?

I have it as my character select music in Brawl, and it's awesome. Perfect character select screen music right there.

Khezu

Its cool.

From MK, my favorite song was reptiles theme.

I do think the intro should make it into the new game though, the entire game is banking on so much nostalgia, it would make a perfect credits song.

SalsaShark said:

The MK Movie stuff has been in the courts for years because of some asshole who thinks he owns the rights to it. I believe theres 3 separate lawsuits, WB won one of them but thats being appealed and I wouldn't expect any different from the other lawsuits.

Thats why WB is making a digital series and not an actual movie. If it wasn't for the lawsuits you can bet that there would be a Mortal Kombat movie coming out this summer or next summer starring Michael Jai White and Jeri Ryan.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Those KI ones make we want to play those...which is what I will do now!!

They really need to make the next sequel to that ;P

Top Bottom