• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

C.V Confirms 'PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale' Coming To Vita [And 5 websites]

I thinks its more that the 3DS version will be more single player oriented and the Wii U version more multiplayer focus, not that they will be lacking these features.

well whatever differences they have, you could still make argument why one version if missing a feature compare to the other. exclusive connectivity content always seems good in paper, but in practice, you often ask why it have to be that way.

I somewhat agree with you. I can see the appeal of something like Sly on Vita over PS3. But this, no I can't. It's a multiplayer game designed for playing with others. I have no idea why anyone would rather buy it on Vita.

It's the exact same reason anyone hoping CoD Vita will blowup is fooling themselves, unless it's a unique game.

Tekken on psp is awesome, there's been a lot of example of great fighting game on handheld, no reason why Battle Royale Vita can't be one of those.

regarding CoD, there are 2 scenarios how it will go, one is cross play between PS3 and Vita, so the same multiplayer game and people on Vita can play against PS3 player. or different multiplayer game, you don't have crossplay between PS3/Vita, but will share player stats and progression.

anyway in both cases, most people is playing CoD alone at home with online anyway, that's different than fighting game where you play with friends at home offline (at least personally, online fighting game have never work as good as online shooter for me)

hmmmmmm think i would just get the PS3 version and the vita version sometime down the road

glad its coming to both though, cross play online will be great as it gives more people to a online community

kuroshiki

You're being just as much of an armchair analyst by assuming there's 'a number of gamers with families who spend more time on handheld than stuck on a couch'. When all of these Vita games with PS3 versions sell bad we'll see who's right.

And I really doubt there are a lot of families who own Vita's.

Handheld doesn't necessarily translate into Vita. It can be anything.

Also when PC version of portal 2 sold less than console counterparts, doesn't necessarily mean there are less PC gamers out there compare to console gamers.

GopherD

You're being just as much of an armchair analyst by assuming there's 'a number of gamers with families who spend more time on handheld than stuck on a couch'. When all of these Vita games with PS3 versions sell bad we'll see who's right.

And I really doubt there are a lot of families who own Vita's.

I already gave one example against your statement, there's a few others in here. I also don't care about how a game sells. I play games not sales figures. If fewer games are made for vita, there's other handhelds...

SmithnCo

Would be nice if there was a bundle or voucher or something for getting both... I would definitely do it but probably not at once if it's going to be $100.

Maedhros

HAHAHA, I knew it. I didn't even read the OP, but I knew that the first reply would be about the game being a port.

If they said the game wasn't coming to the Vita, the first reply would be that Vita needs games like this or something similar.

Vita: You can't win.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Because most people who have a PS3 and a Vita are not going to buy the game on Vita over PS3. It's pointless.

I am, as I've already said now countless of times we're nearing the end of the generation, I may only have my PS3 for another year so I'd rather choose the Vita version over the PS3 on these simultaneous releases, and also thinking even further down the road I'd much prefer to replay these games on my vita than have an old ps3 kicking around in the future, right now my Vita is my PS3 portable.

Zen

Banned
FUCK. YES. I'll lead the PS3 version but definitely pick up the Vita version as well. If the rumors about the PS4 not being able to play PS3 games is true, then I may just get the Vita version, but the lack of being able to have my friends play the vita version with me at my house would suck, so I might get the PS3 version first anyway.

Also LBP Karting on Vita please.

A local multiplayer party fighting game on a portable...

...okay.

It has extensive online as well.

Vita has no games
Vita has no portable suited games
Vita has no exclusive games
Vita has no games in x genre

What will be the next goal post?

VanWinkle

I am, as I've already said now countless of times we're nearing the end of the generation, I may only have my PS3 for another year so I'd rather I have choose the Vita over the PS3 on these simultaneous releases, and also thinking even further down the road I'd much prefer to replay these games on my vita than have an old ps3 kicking around, right now my Vita is my PS3 portable.

Same here. I obviously want new IPs and games, but I welcome any and all of these Sony exclusives.

Bukana

I am, as I've already said now countless of times we're nearing the end of the generation, I may only have my PS3 for another year so I'd rather I have choose the Vita over the PS3 on these simultaneous releases, and also thinking even further down the road I'd much prefer to replay these games on my vita than have an old ps3 kicking around, right now my Vita is my PS3 portable.

It became my most playing device, literally, playing it most in campus, between classes and I will use it a LOT while waiting in the airport/plane.

Not to mention for people who have jobs.

mangaroo

Banned
Awesome news. Lol at people upset it is being released for vita as well. What is wrong with some of you. Don't want it, don't pick it up - not everyone wants to play it on PS3, it's nice to have options. Sony allstars coming to vita negatively affects you how? We've also repeatedly heard how easy it is to release games for vita once it is made on PS3.

I don't feel like turning on the system to play a smash bros clone, definitely will consider it on a handheld though. Make it quick to get into a game Sony. Cross-play seems like a no-brainer especially since it is Sony's game as well. Good news, hopefully the sound guy won't get into too much trouble for the reveal. Not sure why Sony was hiding it, could be other issues...but this is positive at least.

Bukana

Awesome news. Lol at people upset it is being released for vita as well. What is wrong with some of you. Don't want it, don't pick it up - not everyone wants to play it on PS3, it's nice to have options. Sony allstars coming to vita negatively affects you how? We've also repeatedly heard how easy it is to release games for vita once it is made on PS3.

I don't feel like turning on the system to play a smash bros clone, definitely will consider it on a handheld though. Make it quick to get into a game Sony. Cross-play seems like a no-brainer especially since it is Sony's game as well. Good news, hopefully the sound guy won't get into too much trouble for the reveal. Not sure why Sony was hiding it, could be other issues...but this is positive at least.

Best reply I've seen, in a while.
Never thought about the guy who leaked it.

Yeah it's not like it has any cheap PSN games or anything. Oh wait!

With the way Sony has marketed the Vita those games might as well not exist. All we know about vita from the advertising is that you can pay $40 for downgraded ps3 ports and play them while you accidentally walk into traffic.

yencid

With the way Sony has marketed the Vita those games might as well not exist. All we know about vita from the advertising is that you can pay $40 for downgraded ps3 ports and play them while you accidentally walk into traffic.

Again, doesn't mean you dont have the option for the smaller cheaper games already.

Again, doesn't mean you dont have the option for the smaller cheaper games already.

If people aren't aware of them and they aren't a significant part of the marketing and selling point then that option doesn't exist. Sony seems hellbent on pushing the Vita as a system that there is no sign people even want.

Bukana

XBLA and PSN games were never marketed at all, maybe rarely, and look at the success.

watershed

Banned
Nice news, this and Sly are starting to make the Vita more appealing to me. Now it just needs some exclusive tailor made games and more rpgs!

GDGF

Soothsayer
This is a good idea. Vita needs a game like this, and if it's good it could build up a nice loyal fanbase.

If people aren't aware of them and they aren't a significant part of the marketing and selling point then that option doesn't exist. Sony seems hellbent on pushing the Vita as a system that there is no sign people even want.

Actually they are marketed ok on the PSN store, but you're right Sony should showcase that those kinds of games are available on the system and hopefully with the PlayStation Suite they'll start marketing those better.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
As someone who owns a Vita and a PS3, there are quite a few games i'm choosing the Vita version over the PS3 version:

MGS HD Collection
FFX HD
Sly Cooper TiT
PBR
ZoE HD
Retro City Rampage
Dragon's Crown
Warrior's Lair

At some poit, I may pick up the PS3 version, but the Vita is my first choice, because I have a lot of extra time to play handhelds. Don't assume that just because you personally wouldn't choose the Vita version over the PS3 version, that everyone would. There's also a group of people that would double dip, assuming that not all the games will have a buy one, get both deal.

Sweet. I'll choose the Vita version over the PS3 if it's on par in terms of gameplay and framerates.

Vita has actual Cross game chat.

boiled goose

good with gravy
I think making this game (and franchise) handheld exclusive would be a bold move.
Yet it is these types of moves that sony needs to be making to compete in the portable space.

KillGore

As someone who owns a Vita and a PS3, there are quite a few games i'm choosing the Vita version over the PS3 version:

MGS HD Collection
FFX HD
Sly Cooper TiT
PBR
ZoE HD
Retro City Rampage
Dragon's Crown
Warrior's Lair

At some poit, I may pick up the PS3 version, but the Vita is my first choice, because I have a lot of extra time to play handhelds. Don't assume that just because you personally wouldn't choose the Vita version over the PS3 version, that everyone would. There's also a group of people that would double dip, assuming that not all the games will have a buy one, get both deal.

LBP Karting would be perfect for Vita IMO.

nordique

Awesome. I will be checking this game out now.

God of War Accession next please?

There may not be many of us, but a few of us who own Vita's (myself included) do not own PS3's as well so this is good on Sony.

Awesome. I will be checking this game out now.

God of War Accession next please?

There may not be many of us, but a few of us who own Vita's (myself included) do not own PS3's as well so this is good on Sony.
I dont think vita can run gow ascencion without some significant downgrade, it's kinda easy to see sly 4 running on vita and even then they have to cut the framefrate in half for vita version. Same with pbr, but its hard to imagine the more graphic heavyweight like gowa and last of us running on vita.

mangaroo

Banned
Maybe sony is hiding it to reveal it at E3, have a cross platform match on stage.

This would be really cool but I'd be surprised if they had it ready by then.

Do the character outlines bother anyone else a little?

600x-1

600x-1

Top Bottom