• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| [EXTREME]

BadWolf

Ashura_MX

Kindekuma

Banned
I think I'm giving up on getting 100%.
I'm at 77% but the rest being side mission tasks, side ops, and animal collections, not sure if I want to devote the time to do it anymore.

doofy102

So, what's the deal with base population in free roam? In one base there's maybe 2 guards less than its mission, but the power plant and central base in Afghanistan are operating on a skeleton crew in free roam (which is weird seeing as you don't even sneak through the power plant during an actual mission).

Vyer

I'm not too far in, only Mission 20, but I feel like I'm doing something wrong. GMP seems to be an issue, and are we not supposed to use the Fulton as much? Running out of base space and can't get enough money to expand quickly.

Also don't get the 'online resources' split at all, but I guess that's because I'm not at the point that explains all that?

RangerBAD

24 in game hours.

Fucking shit. I wish I could start making it while I'm doing other stuff, but I don't think it'll take that long. Wonder if stuff develops while playing MGO.

I'm not too far in, only Mission 20, but I feel like I'm doing something wrong. GMP seems to be an issue, and are we not supposed to use the Fulton as much? Running out of base space and can't get enough money to expand quickly.

Also don't get the 'online resources' split at all, but I guess that's because I'm not at the point that explains all that?

Do Side Ops for money.

Why do I see everyone running fast? What am I missing?

doofy102

It kills me that the future of this gameplay is in the hands of Konami. I wouldn't care if sequels were just, like, expansion packs for MGSV with mother base crossing over.

Without cross-gen, who knows what could be possible with this gameplay. I think this game was wrestling with the limitations of last gen, particularly with map population.

So after finishing
man who sold the world
is that it for the main story?

I know there's a
quiet resolution thing
once I unequip a certain emblem.

Once I've finished that is there any more actaul story content outside of just going through the tapes?

Golnei

It kills me that the future of this gameplay is in the hands of Konami. I wouldn't care if sequels were just, like, expansion packs for MGSV with mother base crossing over.

That's another reason why I'm so desperate for a modding community to take off around MGSV - there's very little chance of even getting decent iterative continuations officially, but the fantastic mechanics would make even the simplest fanmade maps enjoyable.

So after finishing
man who sold the world

I know there's a
quiet resolution thing

Once I've finished that is there any more actaul story content outside of just going through the tapes?

That's it for things that can be readily accessed in the game. If you want, you can watch
Episode 51 and the disarmament cutscene
on Youtube.

SJRB

Gold Member
So after finishing
man who sold the world

I know there's a
quiet resolution thing

If you've finished the
Paz
sidequest then yeah, you are done.

Congrats!

So theres a way to attach a smoke grenade launcher to my assault rifle? I have the custom weapons option but dont see that yet. Also is there a mask or something to prevent snake from caughing on his own smoke grenades? I rush into a group of guys i just smoked out and i always kind of pause and caugh, killing my momentum.

BadWolf

Back to ACC, aborting Mission with options was success. Thank you BadWolf! Also i Backup my savegame for Future play. Im happy

Nice!

OK. So I should probably stop
visiting her between every mission
because that was already tedious 15 hours ago.

You didn't need to do that to begin with,
just visit her when you have a new photo to show. If you have more than one in your possession then use the cigar to pass time and show one more.

Ashura_MX

So theres a way to attach a smoke grenade launcher to my assault rifle? I have the custom weapons option but dont see that yet. Also is there a mask or something to prevent snake from caughing on his own smoke grenades? I rush into a group of guys i just smoked out and i always kind of pause and caugh, killing my momentum.
You can equip a box for the smoke

anddo0

Holy shit! the game just sang happy birthday to me :D

I just got called back to motherbase, heard some fireworks, and out of nowhere everyone comes out to sing happy birthday.. Totally unexpected.

Quick question (PS4): Can I make the helicopter music start playing from a specific time? I want to play The Final Countdown, but there's like 10 seconds of silence at the start and I wanna skip that...

I just watched the Quiet thing on Youtube,
I'm not losing the character
until I have absolutely nothing left to do.
Don't do it. It's not worth it. Unless you wanna feel phantom pain.
Ugh I miss having her wreck on the field, I miss the annoying humming, the weird things she'd do in the chopper. RIP
. This isn't what you want... ;{

myco666

Yeah Mission 45 is still something I don't like at all.
Just did the final task I hadn't done yet extract every tank and armored vehicle and sheesh was it horrible. Even with fully upgraded Battle Dress you can get OHK by a tank. Also Quiet is the worst as she can destroy AVs real fast so I had to retry couple of times because of her.

SJRB

Gold Member
Just did the final task I hadn't done yet extract every tank and armored vehicle and sheesh was it horrible. Even with fully upgraded Battle Dress you can get OHK by a tank. Also Quiet is the worst as she can destroy AVs real fast so I had to retry couple of times because of her.

Yup, pretty bad mission design. I don't know what they were thinking with this one, there's so much potential for something completely different and more interesting.

Xanathus

Here's a tip for that objective, Darude - Sandstorm.

Xanathus

Used sandstorm but tanks still managed to hit me multiple times.

For some reason you become visible to the enemies even in the sand storm if you try to CQC someone while they're alerted. If you're going for that objective you can completely ignore the humans and just fulton tanks.

Lender

I created a nuclear weapon the other day while my heroism was at 350k. I knew that it would detract 50k heroism points, but since it was already quite high I thought it couldn't do any harm. But now I do notice that my horn is quite long now and I can't get rid of the bloody suits, even though my heroism is still way over 300K. What can I do to get rid of these? Get more heroism points once more?

myco666

For some reason you become visible to the enemies even in the sand storm if you try to CQC someone while they're alerted. If you're going for that objective you can completely ignore the humans and just fulton tanks.

I did that but tanks still knew where I was at times. I managed to do the task already though. Just pissed about the mission being so annoying.

Ashura_MX

I created a nuclear weapon the other day while my heroism was at 350k. I knew that it would detract 50k heroism points, but since it was already quite high I thought it couldn't do any harm. But now I do notice that my horn is quite long now and I can't get rid of the bloody suits, even though my heroism is still way over 300K. What can I do to get rid of these? Get more heroism points once more?
Need to make 150k heroisma for the horn to go I think.

Lender

Need to make 150k heroisma for the horn to go I think.

An extra 150k over my 300k? Well, that's retarded. Really regret making that stupid bomb now. It's not really the horn that annoys me, it's more that all my outfits are covered in blood.

Try to get the Conservation trophy/achivement, that's like -10000 demon points. Should get rid of the blood at least.

The armor parasites are pretty good, makes the tanks a lot more tolerable.

myco666

The armor parasites are pretty good, makes the tanks a lot more tolerable.

Are they much better than the maxed out Battle Dress?

Still 3 missions left with tasks to do. Not really looking foward to [Extreme] Backup Back Down tasks. They were already hard in the normal version.

Are they much better than the maxed out Battle Dress?

Still 3 missions left with tasks to do. Not really looking foward to [Extreme] Backup Back Down tasks. They were already hard in the normal version.

Yep. Since you don't take any damage with the
armor parasites
on. It's almost cheating using them but 45 is a pain in the ass mission that justifies it's use.

Backup Back down isn't too hard as long as you're willing to do it in multiple attempts. The Tank blockade ahead of Yakho Oboo supply post makes it relatively easy for the tanks/armored vehicles related tasks.

myco666

Yep. Since you don't take any damage with the
armor parasites
on. It's almost cheating using them but 45 is a pain in the ass mission that justifies it's use.

Backup Back down isn't too hard as long as you're willing to do it in multiple attempts. The Tank blockade ahead of Yakho Oboo supply post makes it relatively easy for the tanks/armored vehicles related tasks.

Well damn it. Should have used that then.

Yeah definetily will split up them so that I will get prisoners and soldiers on one playthrough and tanks on other. Biggest issue I have with that mission is the lack of checkpoints.

Top Bottom