• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

I'm hoping to get one of these fft relics in the next dungeon update, but they mostly look pretty good.

Honed both tempest snipe and guardbringer to r3, killing my holy, lightning and black on supplies.

Lightning theoretical team
Lightning osb and bsb imperil
cid iv's lit imperil ssb and tempest snipe
Shantotto chain and bsb
Tyro/support bsb
Healer

Can swap in Ashe and her bsb as needed
Chain imperil imperil Shan bsb cid tempest etc. will ramp the chain damage up super fast.

Guardbringer- i have a maxed ssb armor and shield as well as tyros,USB light armor so my worst realm has at least a 150 def relic. Have two or maybe more ssb sentinels as well as ramzas bsb. No holy imperil unfortunately that has eluded me. 12 combined uses of guardbringer and gaias cross sounds like enough contribution by one does unit, only against neutral enemies of course.

WarAdept

RIP this person

8zQARaR.png
PHukJ8A.png

friz898

What exactly am I looking at?

I'm so confused I deleted what my guesses were because I have no clue lol.

Whoever was asking about RM3 about 10 posts ago, depends on what else you like? I've got 37 99's now, and the ones that give you "Much More Damage" vs the RM2 materia that says "Significantly more" are all useful to me. Then Tyro to 99 has a "much more damage when hitting their weakness" which I use often.

There is also "Into the Fray" that makes a user start out with Haste, Prot, Shell. There is also two "heal much more with white magic" which helps if I have someone like Alphinaud suited up for MAG but does have a backup heal of Curaga or Renewing Cure.

I'm sure you already have, or know about, Luneth's exp bonus record materia.

I haven't looked at a list, just going by what I have so far.

Is there some kind of new thing in JP where you can do a 30 pull? And if it only guarantees 1x relic, why wouldn't you do 3x 11 pulls and get 3 guaranteed relics?

Anustart

Yep. That pull has been immortalized as one of the worst pulls ever.

Until 2047's 1/60 Tyro XSB

Just for fun I installed jp rk to do the 30 pull and see if my luck is the same over there. And it is.

Pulled a 4/30, which best here is a 4/11 where as every other person gets 7/11 on the reg.

1 dupe, gaf armor, as well. Shouldn't have done this because now my luck is burnt for the us version of this once it comes here I'll pull a 1 or 2 out of 30.

My plan at the moment is to pull on X-1, Next fest 2 and 4. VI-1 and hopefully I have enough for VI-2.

Would like to draw on IV-1 but the unique is crap and that stuff, Kain OSB, comes back on IV-2 the next time IV comes up. X-1 doesnt have crap on it IMO.

VIII is good as well but VIII is arguably my best synergy and Im hurting on X.

Hope we get that 30 draw later on.

scy

Yeah, this is so funny because it literally is the worst possible outcome you could get on this 30-pull. I have Tyro's OSB and it's basically a gag item. He's level 99 and will do like 12k damage with it.

Honestly, I was really torn between Tyro OSB or Y'shtola USB as probably the worst results. At least the latter is a better stat stick, I suppose!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Whoever was asking about RM3 about 10 posts ago, depends on what else you like? I've got 37 99's now, and the ones that give you "Much More Damage" vs the RM2 materia that says "Significantly more" are all useful to me. Then Tyro to 99 has a "much more damage when hitting their weakness" which I use often.

There is also "Into the Fray" that makes a user start out with Haste, Prot, Shell. There is also two "heal much more with white magic" which helps if I have someone like Alphinaud suited up for MAG but does have a backup heal of Curaga or Renewing Cure.

I'm sure you already have, or know about, Luneth's exp bonus record materia.

I haven't looked at a list, just going by what I have so far.
Yeah, that was me. I guess it's just utility RMs now?

Honestly I just use the Mako Might + Lifesiphon RMs, since most bosses are about getting Wall and then spamming BSBs until the boss is dead. It looks like there isn't anything game changing... although having 5 Mako Might and being able to start a fight with 5 bursts would be nice.

scy

Yeah, that was me. I guess it's just utility RMs now?

Honestly I just use the Mako Might + Lifesiphon RMs, since most bosses are about getting Wall and then spamming BSBs until the boss is dead. It looks like there isn't anything game changing... although having 5 Mako Might and being able to start a fight with 5 bursts would be nice.

You'll enjoy Full Throttle fights.

As for the RM question, this list may be relevant?. Most the important RMs after the SB generation stuff are purely damage output things, either +stats due to cap issues or +damage due to already at the softcap.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You'll enjoy Full Throttle fights.

As for the RM question, this list may be relevant?. Most the important RMs after the SB generation stuff are purely damage output things, either +stats due to cap issues or +damage due to already at the softcap.
It just seems like the only reason to use those other ones is if you are using mages with Wrath for SB. But since my mage teams are so crap, I'm still doing same old shout-meta. lol

Full Throttle seems fun. Or at least it changes the gimmick to be a matter of when you burst rather than how you burst.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So, anything particularly good on this banner? You can make Ramza a ultra support character with his SB...
I assume you can like quadruple/quintuple stack the faithga boosts?

The 2 new ones from this banner, Cid Raines, Onion... and sheepsong? I assume that's what people are trying for.

Long battle. Pro tip form two and the last form are the same thing so if you pile on the breaks before the switch to third form the final one is considerably easier.
You were right it was pretty long battle and we nearly lost in the end when protectga and SG wore off (plus tyro tried to be cool and end it with celebration grimoire). I was hardly doing any damage either. Celes rarely did more than 3.6k per hit of thundering twinstrike and that is with a 6* Excalibur :( But Ashe and Shantotto were the damage (though the latter worried me to start with doing the witch spells to build up SB) and I have to say it was weird seeing Ashe use her OSB on the 5th phase, capping damage and the enemy HP bar not really drop that much.

I then did U+ of Conquer the Mandragoras and that took even longer due to lag spikes. That was not as hard as the last U+ against them (I bought Panelo and Fran and handled all the support, I suppose I could have bought Sapphire shot on Fran so I could hit the topstalk for weakness...whichever one that is :p)

Oh yeah, according to Reddit they finally responded about it. It's primarily iOS but some android firmwares are affected.

They can't firmly diagnose it because no one can seem to firmly say it's one thing or another. And it's intermittent. Mine has gone in and out where some hours. I can play and then black screen for half a day.

The FF 30th Anniversary Fest in Japan is absolutely nuts. So many events. So many banners.

Start saving now and you still won't have enough.

Things I hate about multiplayer:
-People bringing Shelga to the Mandragoras
-People not renewing Protectga late into the Mandragoras
-Raid leaders disbanding party once full for no apparent reason
-Accidentally joining the Ultros raid you meant to join the Mandragoras one
-The constant lag on Mandragoras

Things I like about multiplayer:
-Winning Conquer the Mandragoras A++ with only one man standing at critical HP and a crazy end of spamming BSB entries to next to no damage out of sheer desperation. That deserves all the motes that does...but then again who would master for upgrade material.

Things I hate about multiplayer:
-People bringing Shelga to the Mandragoras
-People not renewing Protectga late into the Mandragoras
-Raid leaders disbanding party once full for no apparent reason
-Accidentally joining the Ultros raid you meant to join the Mandragoras one
-The constant lag on Mandragoras

I don't think they're disbanding, they're probably kicking you

friz898

Ya, what he said, they're kicking you.

It always happens to me if I'm last to join and they already have enough healing/support since that's what I always bring.

I said it before, but will say again, boggles my mind that anybody in this forum would have terrible luck with Raids. I usually do them when they first come out, I'm sure that's why.

Much like the changing abilities not always showing on screen I'd have appreciated being told I was kicked. Yes I can understand bringing Fran and Panelo with dances could cause issues for a Tyro already has multi-break which they believe is enough mitigation that they will somehow simultaneously cast with SG (maybe it is though with penta break, full break and power breakdown the screams once a few had died were still doing thousands the parties I was in). That helps to know.

I guess the real solution is to become the raid leader :p

Regarding other issues. Since most only do MP once you would assume the most hardcore do it early on and so eventually it gets down to those who don't have good setups trying to make it all work. But I can't always do it first day so that leaves the weekend and while Saturday is usually good for me the fact two raids were required this week and a third difficulty was added was simply too much.

Rubenov

I do multiplayer all week. Just finished a couple of matches on Ultros.

A bunch of raid leaders will kick you if you're 80 instead of 99... which is silly since what abilities / SBs you bring to the table is more important than character level (beyond 80).

I never had a bad experience playing online. Just a troll host using blind on us but I already mastered the fight so it wasn't a big deal.

The solution is to host 100% of the time, and kick the trash. I try to go support/debuff/buff and leave the DPS to the rest if it's a hard fight. And most players pay attention to my comment when I say "bring X resist accessory/Holy only/mage only", etc.

friz898

Much like the changing abilities not always showing on screen I'd have appreciated being told I was kicked. Yes I can understand bringing Fran and Panelo with dances could cause issues for a Tyro already has multi-break which they believe is enough mitigation that they will somehow simultaneously cast with SG (maybe it is though with penta break, full break and power breakdown the screams once a few had died were still doing thousands the parties I was in). That helps to know.

I guess the real solution is to become the raid leader :p

Regarding other issues. Since most only do MP once you would assume the most hardcore do it early on and so eventually it gets down to those who don't have good setups trying to make it all work. But I can't always do it first day so that leaves the weekend and while Saturday is usually good for me the fact two raids were required this week and a third difficulty was added was simply too much.

Ya, I agree, I rarely ever change abilities, but I just learned of that "bug" this last raid. I was worried my changes hadn't saved/confirmed.

As for when you can do raids, ya, nothing wrong with that of course, I just trying to figure out why I never, never, have bad groups. I'm sure it's mostly luck, but I imagine the people who really care and are FFRK diehards do it as soon as possible.

As long as I bring enough healing/support/blink/laststand/breaks/res etc, it usually turns out good.

friz898

I've started paying attention more lately since I've seen a few of you group up on a raid and it wasn't even intentionally.

I'm just "friz" on a raid if you ever see me.

I think I have some weird friend code like feGv or some crap, I'd have to look. I don't think I've ever grouped with anybody from GAF.

WarAdept

TEMPEST SNIIIIIIIIIIIIPE

Finally my Laguna with his 3 SSB's can shine.

Laguna Imperil Lightning BSB when

EDIT: I didn't realise Guard Bringer was also this event...

t2gT3qD.jpg
pvj5nCn.jpg

belias apoc is a pain in the ass. failed 3x before finding a winning team-2 cid osbs (including myself) an agrias osb ramza, onion, relm, mustadio. rough as hell but enough firepower to get it done and thanks to arise reviving my cid 2x, we made it with all 8 alive.

Why are all Tactics events so easy? It's almost direspectful, this whole thing is a joke.

I'll tell you what's not easy is this newest raid.

Nobody can agree on whether to kill the adds or ignore them so people are just all over the place. Total I had 10 attempts. I won once but disconnected transitioning to the winning screen and it didn't register. Then I had a few more attempts and finally won again. In both attempts where we won we killed all the adds first, but seems like most people want to go straight for the boss and there's no way to survive constant back to back Gigaflares.

I'll tell you what's not easy is this newest raid.

Nobody can agree on whether to kill the adds or ignore them so people are just all over the place. Total I had 10 attempts. I won once but disconnected transitioning to the winning screen and it didn't register. Then I had a few more attempts and finally won again. In both attempts where we won we killed all the adds first, but seems like most people want to go straight for the boss and there's no way to survive constant back to back Gigaflares.

my winning time we completely ignored the adds other than the aoe sbs of course. good luck trying to find a pug that is all on the same page...

Balphon

Killing the adds is likely easier since they will all AoE with that piercing attack in unison.

I had a pretty good group on my first try; completed it without too much drama.

ccbfan

Our winning apocalypse run was easy but almost ended because of some unlucky petrifies. Ended winning with 4 un petrified characters.

Killing the demons are definitely the way to go. Velius is pretty weak at the beginning, so you can pretty much completely ignore him while taking out the demos.

Top Bottom