• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Guardian Pre-Order Up for PS3 at Portugal Retailer [Image inside]

CREMSteve

Let's play a game and take shots every time bDizzle says that team Ico games are not system sellers. I think we'll all be drunk by the next page.

StuBurns

Banned
It's not about being a system seller, it's about being an upgrade incentive. Bayonetta 2 isn't going to sell hardly any Wii U's, because the audience for the game is largely looking to the rival systems. TLG is for Team ICO fans, and those people own PS3s, and will be looking to decide which console to pick up first in November.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
TLG released on the PS4, same day, June 13th 2013, MSRP $349.99 PS4 Bundle.

my prediction.

Ranger X

Business wise, releasing on both PS3 and PS4 makes even more sense, esp. for teams who release at the glacial pace that these two in particular do. Sorry.

If it doesn't add too much to the budjets, releasing on both platform is indeed good. Never meant to say otherwise.

Dear mercy after all this time if it is still a PS3 title there will be a great sadness. That beast deserves and needs more power for his glorious feathers. Three years ago on PS3 it would have been a great release. This late, PS4 upcoming, rewatching the trailer for the first time in years, the only part that still soars is the music score. The image quality, not aesthetic, is very dated and another reminder of this woefully long generation.

Will be a strange blend of relief and "what should've/could've been" to see it on PS3 after years of nothing right before next gen. So much to gain in AI, physics, and of course imagery with stronger hardware.

dominuece

Like Versus, it pains me to get hype for TLG. But after an entire generation...why not.

I would buy it for PS4 day and date if it came out on that, but I can see why people would want it for PS3 also.

I hope it's real.

dmr87

You know what they say, where there's smoke there's fire.

dHp.png

Mifune

Mehmber
My gut says it's either PS3 or PS4, not both. How big is Team ICO anyway? They've taken a whole generation to release a game for one platform. What makes people think they'll pop out a cross-platform title?

Dear mercy after all this time if it is still a PS3 title there will be a great sadness. That beast deserves and needs more power for his glorious feathers. Three years ago on PS3 it would have been a great release. This late, PS4 upcoming, rewatching the trailer for the first time in years, the only part that still soars is the music score. The image quality, not aesthetic, is very dated and another reminder of this woefully long generation.

Will be a strange blend of relief and "what should've/could've been" to see it on PS3 after years of nothing right before next gen. So much to gain in AI, physics, and of course imagery with stronger hardware.

my feelings exactly.

i'm sure i'll love it anyways, but it will hurt a bit if i have a PS4 that i can't insert the game in.

Ranger X

Also, since when The Last Guardian and GT6 were the reasons why the PS4 launch would be a success? How about us all learning about alot of other great games for it on next E3...

Artorias

Banned
I'm pretty baffled at all the PS4 talk. When did people start thinking it became a PS4 game? I don't really care what its on, but considering it's not a system seller by any stretch of the word, why wouldn't they put it on the console with tens of millions of active users?

I'm pretty baffled at all the PS4 talk. When did people start thinking it became a PS4 game? I don't really care what its on, but considering it's not a system seller by any stretch of the word, why wouldn't they put it on the console with tens of millions of active users?

When it disappeared for years, when rumours were of severe technical problems and when Yoshida refused to confirm the platform it was on

The Lamp

It's like they want the PS4 to flop.

Releasing an announced PS3 game for, surprise, the PS3 means they want the PS4 to flop...right?....like the other exclusive, built-from-the-ground-up games for the PS4 do nothing for the system and the system's success hinges on a niche Japanese PS3 game being ported over....haha.

Top Bottom