• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Computer Entertainment America files trademarks for "Entwined" and "Kill Strain"

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
On April 14/15, 2014, Sony Computer Entertainment America filed in the US two trademarks via the USPTO for "Entwined" respectively "Kill Strain". They entered the Trademark Reporting and Monitoring System (TRAM) on April 17/18. They're basic 1(b) Intent-to-Use filings for game software, and reads as following:

Word Mark ENTWINED
Goods and Services IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Computer game software; Downloadable computer game software via a global computer network and wireless devices; Video game software
Standard Characters Claimed
Mark Drawing Code (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
Serial Number 86251338
Filing Date April 14, 2014
Current Basis 1B
Original Filing Basis 1B
Owner (APPLICANT) Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC LIMITED PARTNERSHIP DELAWARE 2207 Bridgepointe Pkwy. San Mateo CALIFORNIA 94404
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE
Source: http://tsdr.uspto.gov/documentviewer?caseId=sn86251338&docId=FTK20140417072319#docIndex=1&page=1

Word Mark KILL STRAIN
Goods and Services IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Computer game software; Downloadable computer game software via a global computer network and wireless devices; Video game software
Standard Characters Claimed
Mark Drawing Code (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
Serial Number 86252545
Filing Date April 15, 2014
Current Basis 1B
Original Filing Basis 1B
Owner (APPLICANT) Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY DELAWARE 2207 Bridgepointe Pkwy. San Mateo CALIFORNIA 94404
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE
Source: http://tsdr.uspto.gov/documentviewer?caseId=sn86252545&docId=FTK20140418071203#docIndex=1&page=1

Entwined sounds like a title for a typical Media Molecule game. Kill Strain on the other hand sounds like an action title, maybe it's the new IP Guerrilla Games is working on?

Anyway, these are most likely part of Sony's 'Spectacular' E3 2014 lineup.

GeoramA

Kill Strain sounds Syphon Filter'ish.

Was expecting new trademarks around this time. The Order: 1886 was trademarked last April and was announced at E3.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
There go your E3 announcements, friends.

Kill Strain sounds Syphon Filter'ish.

iHswHbnsJvRRK.png
You're right. That could be Bend's game.

Entwined is a cool name.

But by complete contrast Kill Strain is absolutely terrible and I kind of feel the game deserves cancelling for that alone. :p

Hoo-doo

Banned
Kill Strain.

You play the game as a recently mutated strain of a deadly disease.
Your main objective is to spread as far and wide as possible. Pandemic-style.

Better get to Madagascar quick.

It seems we hear more about Sony filing trademarks than either Nintendo or Microsoft. Perhaps I'm wrong Rosti? BTW, thanks for always being on the lookout for these types of filings. Really great information.

It seems we hear more about Sony filing trademarks than either Nintendo or Microsoft. Perhaps I'm wrong Rosti? BTW, thanks for always being on the lookout for these types of filings. Really great information.

To be Fair MS has been filing trademarks as well. I am not sure on Nintendo though...

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, there's not been a lot from Nintendo for a while. There was the recent Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. Strike Team Eliminating The Alien Menace though. Pokkén Fighters and Pokkén Tournament were also approved for publication this week, but that's the greatest things that have happened this year in terms of software for Nintendo.

The biggest trademark happening this year from Nintendo is of course the QOL trademark in Japan, but I have no idea if they are going to show that at E3.

Microsoft has been quite busy with some smaller titles, so the frequency of filings is on par with Sony.

Dusky

I doubt we see GGs new IP yet, they just released Killzone.

It's been in dev for almost 3 years, by the time it releases it will probably be close to 4.

I think it's quite likely. Also given that SSM's new IP was due to be shown at E3 this year I'd imagine Sony would want something to fill that void.

Top Bottom