• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferr986

I did 180. Got my relic this past weekend and overall love the game. Now it's a mix of doing CM/AK here and there. Leveling my other stuff I want to level and helping out the FC. If you look at the game as just grinding AK all day every day, then yes you will hate it. Better to get enjoyment out of more things until 2.1 and etc hit.

Yeah now that Im good equiped I can help some FC mates and its fun.
Also now that I got a relic I feel more "free" on doing other things like continuing my botanist and lvl up MNK.

Im unsure about starting a Coil set right now. I mean, I want to see it and get the loot obviously, but having to schedule runs almost everyday sounds kind of offputting to me right now.

I did 180. Got my relic this past weekend and overall love the game. Now it's a mix of doing CM/AK here and there. Leveling my other stuff I want to level and helping out the FC. If you look at the game as just grinding AK all day every day, then yes you will hate it. Better to get enjoyment out of more things until 2.1 and etc hit.

Yeah, I'm already at the breaking point. I better call that girl that I told I needed some space from when the game launched know that I'm feeling better and ready for a relationship.

Cmagus

I think they said the fantasia is used for good the moment you leave the character customization screen

When you use it they ask you if you're sure and then it tells you to log out to the title screen. When you log in select your character you need to choose sub command --> change appearance. I selected my lalafell again and it warned me that I should go to the sub command menu. So yeah be sure you want a change cause once you use it there is no getting it back.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Yeah now that Im good equiped I can help some FC mates and its fun.
Also now that I got a relic I feel more "free" on doing other things like continuing my botanist and lvl up MNK.

Im unsure about starting a Coil set right now. I mean, I want to see it and get the loot obviously, but having to schedule runs almost everyday sounds kind of offputting to me right now.

My group only does runs 3-4 days a week. It doesn't take too much time. Even getting just turn #1 down to get a bit of loot each week would help and only take an hour or so.

Not sure about it being best, but its really, really good. I've been preaching to WHMs to use their dps skills in groups for awhile now (when I'm on another class), but apparently a lot of them don't like to @.@

Unless the tank isn't very well geared, or people are standing in shit, I could usually dps 70% of the time in AK. 400+ Stones, and 600+ Holys aren't anything to scoff at.

wow didn't know WHM dps could get that high, maybe I should lvl up WHM as well haha.

Side note, should be getting my Fantasia potion by the end of the month, after seeing this

http://imgur.com/a/KSqdE#0

I'm tempted to go Lala for the lulz

Kokonoe

Banned
Did you purposely ignore my second question or do you simply not know its answer ?

You posted specifically in a thread tailored toward FFXIV, and asked why is this thread in gaming instead of community. I told you it's only been a month, meaning obviously threads last a bit longer. If you wanted an answer for your second question specifically, you'd have a better chance PMing a moderator as that is on a case by case basis.

daveo42

Banned
Not sure about it being best, but its really, really good. I've been preaching to WHMs to use their dps skills in groups for awhile now (when I'm on another class), but apparently a lot of them don't like to @.@

Unless the tank isn't very well geared, or people are standing in shit, I could usually dps 70% of the time in AK. 400+ Stones, and 600+ Holys aren't anything to scoff at.

I don't mind it, but I tend to be more worried about some of the burst dmg that can hit the tank and keeping them above at least half. I've been looking for a good way to quickly move back and forth in Cleric Stance, since I seem to have to wait on casting animations to reset the stance and move to the next spell. Can't remember if it is or is not attached to the GCD since I don't use it that often during parties.

Edit: N/m

zeitgeist

Oooh, new thread!

So I guess everyone's trial has run out, what is the best way to start the payment process?
Should I do it from the FFXIV website or just through the game client on PS3?

WolvenOne

Is there an expiration date on the Fantasia? I'm inclined to save it till 2.1 hits, just in case there are additional face options or whatnot available at that time.

Ferr986

My group only does runs 3-4 days a week. It doesn't take too much time. Even getting just turn #1 down to get a bit of loot each week would help and only take an hour or so.

3 days seems like the best for me.
All groups have their own schedule on my FC (right now I think everyone is doing 5 days), so I guess it boils down to see how we will schedule the new groups. We just got a decent batch of new relic players (including me :p).

This just comes from the FFXI days for me, when the endgame schedules practically killed my free time on anything excluding work and FFXI...

I have Fracture and Blood Bath. BB is OK for minor healing and I use it to supplement my HP until my Second Wind is ready to go again or to lighten the load off healers a tad.

Fracture is a higher damage gain than any other skill you have for a single GCD. It's like 220 potency after the DOT is calculated. (100 + 6 ticks of 20, as I recall). So it's a very potent skill that you want to be using. I work it in after a Greased Lightning rotation because I have 10-12 seconds left. usuallg giving me 1-3 skills before I need to begin rotation again to keep my GL up.

Of all the Cross-Class stuff. Fracture, Blood for Blood, and Invigorate are the absolute must have/use for Monk.

Hm, didn't know Fracture was so potent. Luckily its a low level skill so I guess I'll do some quick MRD leveling.
I grinded out 34 LNC last weekend because I felt like I wasn't adequate enough w/o it so I already have that.

Oh, just check out BB and its also low level. Nice.

I don't mind it, but I tend to be more worried about some of the burst dmg that can hit the tank and keeping them above at least half. I've been looking for a good way to quickly move back and forth in Cleric Stance, since I seem to have to wait on casting animations to reset the stance and move to the next spell. Can't remember if it is or is not attached to the GCD since I don't use it that often during parties.

Edit: N/m

Yeah, I get those same worries. Like I said, it largely depends on the gear of the tank. If the tank is well geared I usually just toss out a Stoneskin + Divine Seal'd Regen then go to town dpsing.

Those mobs after Demon Wall hit much harder though, so that's where I usually have to really be careful.

pitbull

Banned
3 days seems like the best for me.
All groups have their own schedule on my FC (right now I think everyone is doing 5 days), so I guess it boils down to see how we will schedule the new groups. We just got a decent batch of new relic players (including me :p).

This just comes from the FFXI days for me, when the endgame schedules practically killed my free time on anything excluding work and FFXI...

we're only doing the weekends for a few hours each day, none of us want to get burned out and its not like theres going to be any better gear in other 5 months

kierwynn

~ ☆ ~ DOOME FOR GUILD LEADER 2013 ~ ☆ ~

Crown me as the next guild leader of ultrosgaf and I will enact legislation for the extermination of the cat man menace from our noble guild.

As leader of SuperGirlFunTime, you've got our endorsement! Bet we can whip you up some nice glitter posters for your campaign.

Shouta

Do you ever get TP starved w/o invig up?
I'm using the same set up pretty much and I like using Fracture for that extra damage. But i feel like it's causing me to be tp starved. Either that or there's a rotation for low tp I don't know about :x

A little bit on Titan recently but that's because I'm just hitting buttons for as much damage as possible. But it's only really when I mess up my order a lot that I feel really low on TP. Otherwise, I usually have a decent enough pace that I can keep up without the need for invigorate. I think the DOTs are pretty high TP cost you should let those run out before reapplying most of the time.

Hm, didn't know Fracture was so potent. Luckily its a low level skill so I guess I'll do some quick MRD leveling.
I grinded out 34 LNC last weekend because I felt like I wasn't adequate enough w/o it so I already have that.

Oh, just check out BB and its also low level. Nice.

Yeah, Fracture is potent, even more so for Warriors. Monk has a lot of attacks that are sub 200 potency even with best positioning. The DOTs are the only ones that are above for them, which is why it's a good use of a GCD, IMO. Fracture's initial hit can also crit too which helps.

RK9039

ij9zsnl3g9RQR.png

I feel powerful with this mount. Like.. I'm really the best player in the world (EU).

daveo42

Banned
Yeah, I get those same worries. Like I said, it largely depends on the gear of the tank. If the tank is well geared I usually just toss out a Stoneskin + Divine Seal'd Regen then go to town dpsing.

Those mobs after Demon Wall hit much harder though, so that's where I usually have to really be careful.

I've been much more conservative on my Regen and will cast it depending on how long I think a fight will last. I can usually hit it up early on in a fight, but too late and you risk grabbing agro on the next group unless your tank is aware of the whm pulling hate. Even then, some groups go so quickly that they don't really care at all.

That's never really an issue if the tank is good, but I feel bad about pulling hate so easily at the beginning of a fight.

WolvenOne

Mumble is already a sadder place without him. Hope he comes to hang out there at least. :(

That reminds me, I really should get Mumble working, seeing as I'm not too far off from running Titan.

Any idea why it keeps saying my Login info is wrong, when I try it? That acts like a, wrong password thing, but I don't recall ever making a password.

Salaadin

As a healer, is there a way to focus target the tank and then regularly target the mob and then easily cure my focus target while casting DoTs and whatnot on the mob? I cant seem to find a command for it.

Heres what happened last night and maybe someone else can clue me in since it was my first night ever healing.
We were doing Brayflox with a SCH (me), BLM, PLD, and ARC. The entire time we were there, the ARC was just kinda weird...ingoring basic instruction, etc.

At the 3rd boss, I was trapped in a bubble and noticed that the BLM had to free me all by himself because the archer ignored the bubble and just kept firing at the boss. This alarmed me so I figured that I better get ready to pop bubbles if the BLM got trapped next. Sure enough, he did and I had to free him. Doing so required me to swap between targets frequently...the tank for cure spells and the bubble for damage.

Being a kb/m player, this was kind of a pain since that arena is smaller and the camera doesnt play nice up against those walls and I have my targeting customized so that I only target mobs with the tab key when my weapon is drawn so I had to click everything.

Is there an easier way to go about this?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Noice, OT3, now lets get all these Cutscenes out the way and go to OT4 by next week!

Ultrabum

Also, tip to anyone who spirit bonds gear for materia during CM runs.

If you meld materia onto gear it spirit bonds faster. I'm not sure but the rank of the materia appears to effect this as well, so hold onto those rank III fire resists and use them for this purpose!

Shouta

As a healer, is there a way to focus target the tank and then regularly target the mob and then easily cure my focus target while casting DoTs and whatnot on the mob? I cant seem to find a command for it.

I think you target your party members through macros despite whatever target you're focused on using <p1> or whatever number. So I'd do that. You just need to make sure to move the tank into the correct slot at the start of every party.

Only thing I can think of is to create a specific macro that will only cure your focus target. I'm not 100% sure what the command for a focus target in macros is though so you'd probably have to play around with it.

Salaadin

I think you target your party members through macros despite whatever target you're focused on using <p1> or whatever number. So I'd do that. You just need to make sure to move the tank into the correct slot at the start of every party.

Thats a good idea. I already rearrange my parties in order (Tanks - Healers - DPS) even when Im not curing.

Only thing I can think of is to create a specific macro that will only cure your focus target. I'm not 100% sure what the command for a focus target in macros is though so you'd probably have to play around with it.

Thats what I was thinking too but I couldnt find a command to cure your focus target. I would assume it was something like <ft> but I didnt have a chance to mess with it and find out.

Mairu

AK goes so much faster when the healer does damage. If only they all would :[

Cetra

Ran Sunken Temple of Quarn last night. Fucking A, that's a dungeon! Weird part was having to wait for a DF Group to assemble even though I queue'd as a tank.

Afterwards I did some looking, LOL at all the wipes this place makes. I think we died twice on the first boss and that was it. Once we saw all the mechanics it was gravy. But, I literally watched a dude on Twitch wipe to that boss for hours on end last night.

So yeah, "it's hard" so people don't run it. Screw that, it's fun and challenging. I hope the upward trend in dungeon complexity continues, cause I'm loving it.

Aeana

Why isn't this topic in "Community" yet ? What are the criteria for moving OTs there ?

It's whenever one of the mods thinks to move it once a month or so has passed. Plus we like to give notice.

So I guess consider this notice, I guess. I'll probably be moving it soon. Everybody subscribe.

Marceles

Ran Sunken Temple of Quarn last night. Fucking A, that's a dungeon! Weird part was having to wait for a DF Group to assemble even though I queue'd as a tank.

Afterwards I did some looking, LOL at all the wipes this place makes. I think we died twice on the first boss and that was it. Once we saw all the mechanics it was gravy. But, I literally watched a dude on Twitch wipe to that boss for hours on end last night.

So yeah, "it's hard" so people don't run it. Screw that, it's fun and challenging. I hope the upward trend in dungeon complexity continues, cause I'm loving it.

Had the same experience, died twice on the first boss strictly because the other DPS in the party didn't help out on bees and stuck on the boss. Secondly, tank was tanking at the entrance of the room instead of the far wall. That dungeon was a huge wake up call than the ones before it.

AK goes so much faster when the healer does damage. If only they all would :[

Yeah certainly does.

I try not to push the subject in groups though because a few healer friends of mines just genuinely don't enjoy dpsing. So I assume there's more healers out there that feel that way too. Not gonna lie though, sometimes I get in that mood where I wanna just sit back heal and shoot the breeze in chat too.

Why so many people leaving before trying Coil?. There is more content beyond primals

Your first time from level 40-50 is awfully boring. Having only two dungeons as efficient ways to get the items to purchase your gear doesn't help either.

Then there is the problem of getting a team to beat Titan (Hard). The fact is that most people suck at moving around for some reason. Not to mention someone will rage-quit after 2 or 3 tries.

And Duty Finder needs some kind of gear level requirement for Titan as well. People going in with nearly all AF gear? Expect to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom