• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeana

This game has a really relaxed endgame so far. Once your group learns the fights, it literally becomes a 1 day affair due to not many trash mobs within the instance.

We just cleared from Turn 1 to the beginning of 5 in a little under an hour and a half. Once we get Turn 5 down, sure it'll be a 2 hour a week sort of thing. I don't know if I should be happy about that or sad...

(._. )

Even though we beat turn 1, it was like by the skin of our teeth and I figure it'll take us several times to beat it next time too.

Coil cleared in 80 mins. Not bad, two wipes on T4 just to get back in the swing of things.

Too much stupid monk loot too.

Hey I got more caster loot, isn't that what matters?

Needle of the Luminary get. That's a lot of weaving. I'd rather it wear on the side but ah well.

]

Grats man, every time I'm in Ul'dah I see you working away! Someday I'll get around to finishing my ALC one.

(._. )

Even though we beat turn 1, it was like by the skin of our teeth and I figure it'll take us several times to beat it next time too.

The build up to the first kill is always tense and challenging, I'm sure as your group gets more comfortable with farming the fights you'll be breezing right through as well.

lupin23rd

Is it recommended to do Darkhold before hitting story-mode Garuda or is hat more of a test of tactics?

I have the ability to pick up some of the gear from that dungeon on the market place but not sure if I need it and I'd rather run the dungeon anyways since I appear to have 2 quests telling me to do it.

Varna

Kind of regret subbing myself. I don't like the end-game one bit. Once I hit 50 and tried a few CM and ifrit runs my desire to play completely disappeared.

I don't know what I was expecting. I knew it was going to be just like every other Wow derivative but I subbed anyways. At least I can level up other classes without rolling another character. I really wish the leveling experience had been more challenging because that's just about the only thing I enjoy in MMOs. Unfortunately MMOs pretty much suck when it comes to this aspect these days.

Ken

Kind of regret subbing myself. I don't like the end-game one bit. Once I hit 50 and tried a few CM and ifrit runs my desire to play completely disappeared.

I don't know what I was expecting. I knew it was going to be just like every other Wow derivative but I subbed anyways. At least I can level up other classes without rolling another character. I really wish the leveling experience had been more challenging because that's just about the only thing I enjoy in MMOs. Unfortunately MMOs pretty much suck when it comes to this aspect these days.

ifrit and cm are things you do at 50 sure but they hardly count as end game

Khatoz

(._. )

Our first turn 1 kill was with Mira and Lieri being the only ones alive, wiped a few times in turn 1 on our second kill, and a lot more on our second/third kill for turn 2.

Think this week everything just "cliqued" (har har har) and we had a great run.

I'm sure once you guys have done those turns a few times everything will feel as easy as Sastasha.
It won't but it will :p

WinFonda

need some advice on some good places to level at 39, as coerthas is so frustrating on PS3... the zone is too big and there's too much "competition." by the the time the fate monster loads on my screen, it's usually already dead. really frustrating. they really need to prioritize loading fate mobs before other players who aren't even in your party.

any tips on leveling spots would be appreciated :)

Ken

House Fortemps Herald: The goobbues are coming!
The goobbues are coming!

this is pretty much the best line of dialogue ever

kierwynn

(._. )

I didn't think that time when we won went that badly. Everyone seemed to be in pretty good shape except for Pit Bull. Now, whether or not we can duplicate that remains to be seen. lol

Trying to collect the level 15 and 30 Dungeon Armor sets

so many bad tanks ;_;

Did you ever get any of the stuff you needed from Brayflox? I probably won't be available to really play until Thursday evening, but you know I am always willing to live the dungeon life with you if you still need it! We'll have to hunt down a pocket tank or something. (Maybe bribe Giz :p)

Isaccard

I didn't think that time when we won went that badly. Everyone seemed to be in pretty good shape except for Pit Bull. Now, whether or not we can duplicate that remains to be seen. lol

Did you ever get any of the stuff you needed from Brayflox? I probably won't be available to really play until Thursday evening, but you know I am always willing to live the dungeon life with you if you still need it! We'll have to hunt down a pocket tank or something. (Maybe bribe Giz :p)

Doing my first run all day :(

was healing lowbies for awhile for Acolyte robe, so bad

Edit: Battlemage (robe) get!

lol, I've been farming those dungeons for the Acolyte skirt and Battlemage robe...well the whole set actually, no luck

and holy cow do shards and crystals sell fast...I know what I must do now.

Shouta

Hrm, I think the biggest thing I don't like about DF Titan HM is not the idiots but the fact we have to have 2 tanks for the fight. You only need one fight. Another DD in that slot would make beating the heart so much easier.

Totakeke

Hrm, I think the biggest thing I don't like about DF Titan HM is not the idiots but the fact we have to have 2 tanks for the fight. You only need one fight. Another DD in that slot would make beating the heart so much easier.

Ask the tank to get out of tank stance and just go dps, but of course the problem is most tanks won't be used to being a dps. Warrior and paladin dps is lowest, but it's still respectable compared to most dps classes.

Jomjom

Banned
Is the Foestrikers tabard a drop from the beginner dungeons' last boss only? Ive done almost 30 of them and still no drop.

Dorga

The GAF guild on Ultros had a really solid Titan group this evening that would have defeated the fight if we had more time. Please sign up for tomorrow and Wednesday at the GAF website if you want to join.

Monk masters, what's the best looking monk set? (aesthetic-wise, stats don't matter).

Foestriker's set, Infantry set, Allagan set, original AF set, and Gryphonskin set. AF2 looks hideous.

Didn't include Darklight because while the Corselet (chest) and Bracers (gloves) look amazing, the Caligae (feet) are meh on the account of being caligae and the Subligar (legs) is flat out garbage.

Zidy

Ugh I hate my new appearance. I filed a GM call so I can get item restoration. I think I might roll Lalafell. I started one on Marlboro and he's great but there is no GAF there. Where there is no GAF, there is no hope.

kierwynn

I've run Brayflox 27 times so far and still haven't seen the Battlemage Robe drop :/

Yeah, I've run it quite a bit between my whm, brd, and now sch and I still haven't seen the robe drop. I've actually seen very little Battlemage stuff drop, though I lucked out this past weekend and managed to get the hat, pants, and boots. Until then I had seen probably like 1 piece drop. Gonna keep running til I get my robe at least (and of course til my friends I've been running with get everything they want as well).

Dizzy-4U

Foestriker's set, Infantry set, Allagan set, original AF set, and Gryphonskin set. AF2 looks hideous.

Didn't include Darklight because while the Corselet (chest) and Bracers (gloves) look amazing, the Caligae (feet) are meh on the account of being caligae and the Subligar (legs) is flat out garbage.
Thanks. Time to run some low-level dungeons when things get boring.

klee123

Ok, as a Paladin I would appreciate it if someone can provide a few pointers.

When in a party and am facing the boss of a dungeon, I pretty much have no issues getting aggro from the main boss.

However, when minions start appearing, should be focusing on the them as well? I try do get all the aggro by using flash on nearby enemies, but sometimes to no success.

Cmagus

As long as the party is well geared and you build your limit break up two bars you should be able to knock the heart down 3/4 with DRG LB.

I agree though two tanks are kind of useless I mean if two people drop before heart is dead it's pretty much a wipe anyways especially in the DF.

Ken

Ok, as a Paladin I would appreciate it if someone can provide a few pointers.

When in a party and am facing the boss of a dungeon, I pretty much have no issues getting aggro from the main boss.

However, when minions start appearing, should be focusing on the them as well? I try do get all the aggro by using flash on nearby enemies, but sometimes I'm not successful.

spam more flash

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Guaranteed Titan kill for 250k PST for more information

250k is apparently the going rate on Ultros. It's supposedly higher on Legacy servers.

That seems cheaper than decking out two guildmates in full Vanya
Much cheaper actually...

did you? i'm sure twintania will quake in fear against the man who immediately discarded fantasia and swimsuit

I'm sorry but I like my character the way it is and the swimsuits don't interest me at all. As for my progress I'm not even gonna due Garuda until I get to that point on my relic quest.

Just finished the story, and really enjoyed it. My friends and I decided to try out Ifrit HM. Our first 2 runs went off without a hitch, even tho our first run had my friend main tanking as a War and the OT was a War as well. Things hit the fan during our 3rd run though, we got a BLM who we believed was using a controller and more or less ate every plume and charge. I was rezzing him like 4 times a fight (as a SMN) and we wiped enough times til someone bailed. Is it possible to do endgame content using a controller? I know turning speeds are slower but idk if its enough to get you killed everytime. I guess I'm just glad I decided to pick this up for PC instead of PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom