• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Monk

If there's anything important that is missing from the OP then tell us.

Not sure if it's worth it, but I see that, sometimes many GAFfers make a list of let's say 4 games that are on Backlog and they asking "How long to they take to finish/which should I start first?" since many people want to start with the ones that are shorter, leaving the longer games for last.

I always use the "HLTB" How Long to Beat website to check those Stats. Not sure how about accuracy on all titles however. I just type "How long to beat [insert name of the game here] and I always have my answer.

By the way, in case you guys weren't aware, you can trade games on the Dota2 WH now:

http://www.dota2wh.com/games

You can get gold by selling your cards or Dota items, and use them to snag games. Or sell games on the warehouse that you don't want for a good stack of gold. They actually have a huge selection of games already, and I've snagged a few myself.

What to do if a user is so abusive that you want to permanently block them from your giveaways:
Send a PM to ModBot. The title should contain the word permablock. The body should contain, one per line, usernames you want to permanently block.

(that's what I use, you don't have to do anything, they get blocked automatically

Done!

Thanks derExperte :) I missed this when I was checking the process yesterday.

tjohn86

Great OP. Love that new thread smell.

Not sure what's on my list for the Halloween sale. Maybe I'll finally grab Rogue Legacy?

BorntoPlay

People are claiming that you win too many giveaways. Defend your honor with facts. It is the only way.

I've only won three games this month, you can check it in the previous thread, there are many users who win more games than I've won since modbot started , I think the only problem they have with me is because i win a game with great value... Please be mature guys...;)

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Yeah no, wait for the next sale. It will blow your everything.

Yeah, I get confused when I come onto GAF and the Steam thread isn't in the top half of the front page. I came into Steam-GAF just before the summer sale, that was a crazy time. Lots of fun though. I ended up completely ignoring the rest of GAF while it was going on.

Turfster

It's even worse than Tomb Raider, I have to fail 4 times(also the number of button presses) to get it right.

The worst parts of MP3 are the "cinematic" ones where you're suddenly standing out in the open after an "awesome" movie ambush and the fucking game switched you to the fucking pistol again even tho it's out of bullets.... Every. Single. Time.
Thanks, Rockstar, for that garbage 'game design'.

garath

I keep seeing Monaco sales and I keep wondering if I should buy it. I don't have any friends with it. Does it have any value as a single player game?

Li Kao

- About what define old-school shooters -
No health regen and the games are very hectic in places, where reflexes are more important than finding cover. Makes them more old-school than Halo & COD anyway.

Yup, I liked the definition I read here or on RPS, can't recall, that in a modern fps you advance toward the enemy and shoot at it whereas in old-school ones you step the fuck back and shoot at it. Or more precisely strafe like a madman and step back, like I tend to call it : the dance of death.
In other important world news I didn't make the wall of shame. I really try, but I also try to post when I have something I deem worthy of sharing. Maybe I have nothing important to say. Wall of shame is a goal, a test of a man true will.

AkuMifune

Banned
I've only won three games this month, you can check it in the previous thread, there are many users who win more games than I've won since modbot started , I think the only problem they have with me is because i win a game with great value... Please be mature guys...;)

I don't have the extra cash for Deadly Premonition and want to play this version so badly. Don't be a dipshit and sit on it when it comes out. Play that thing son!

MRORANGE

Not sure if it's worth it, but I see that, sometimes many GAFfers make a list of let's say 4 games that are on Backlog and they asking "How long to they take to finish/which should I start first?" since many people want to start with the ones that are shorter, leaving the longer games for last.

I always use the "HLTB" How Long to Beat website to check those Stats. Not sure how about accuracy on all titles however. I just type "How long to beat [insert name of the game here] and I always have my answer.

added.

Gish:

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Gish -- MB-27C6C2784F6ABC01 - Taken by Japle. 4 entrants total.

t1382455578z1.png

Hasney

I don't have the extra cash for Deadly Premonition and want to play this version so badly. Don't be a dipshit and sit on it when it comes out. Play that thing son!

Yes, if there's one game that deserves to be experienced, it's Deadly Premonition.

So tempted to just take a holiday from work on the 29th and do it in one sitting... Again.

Sadly I actually used this myself for the first (and hopefully only) time yesterday. I almost immediately felt guilty about it :(

Please don't. You're a nice guy so you wouldn't have used that option except as a last resort. They must have done something sufficiently egregious to prompt you to do so. You are not the sort of person to take such an action frivolously.

Incidentally, I'm stalking you which is how I know you so well. Hope that's okay.

Right, that's enough discussion about unpleasant matters! It's high time for my fry up before an evening's enjoyment of having the living crap scared out of me by Dead Space :D. Toodle pip chaps!

AkuMifune

Banned
Yes, if there's one game that deserves to be experienced, it's Deadly Premonition.

So tempted to just take a holiday from work on the 29th and do it in one sitting... Again.

Hopefully it will be in the Steam sale. Something about playing DP over Halloween just makes too much sense.

The worst parts of MP3 are the "cinematic" ones where you're suddenly standing out in the open after an "awesome" movie ambush and the fucking game switched you to the fucking pistol again even tho it's out of bullets.... Every. Single. Time.
Thanks, Rockstar, for that garbage 'game design'.
The "cinematics" make my eyeballs bleed.

Nillansan

As mentioned several times already, people are not taking issue with the number of give-aways that you have won.

rtcn63

I beat MP3 on console, and it was a game I had to force myself to complete. The story went nowhere, the combat wasn't particularly fun, and the slow walking...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom