• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2016 |OT3| Highway to the Danger Room

Toki767

I have no idea what I'm really supposed to be doing at level 60.

Do you really only get 1 legendary mark per mission?

It's going to be an extremely slow burn to 300.

abundant

Some LQ give you 3 legendary marks, but yeah, there's not much to do once you reach level 60. You can Prestige and start over again, but I don't know what benefits that gives you.

I mean I can understand NZ, Ukraine and Russia. They're all practically the same anyway*. But here is Aus. That's pretty shit

I haven't felt like checking it out on ps4 so far, after way too much time with it on pc, and hearing this sort of stuff doesn't help

*May or may not contain sarcasm

I made a post under technical support, but it has largely been ignored as I expected.

Cracklox

Is cosmic midtown a thing on console? That's generally the aim on PC, to pass the trial and be able to farm there

Not sure how its working on console but back in the day on PC when you were leveling your first few characters, before constant event xp and hero synergy xp started to kick in, if you mainly just ran legendary quests you would have nearly enough marks for a legendary and the splinters for a new character by the time you were 60. Then you get the 200% xp synergy bonus at 29 level 60 heroes, and with bonus xp on from events, leveling takes a few hours and that doesn't give you much time for OM and ES.

Again, not sure on console plans but PC would have a few events where OM almost literally rained from the sky so thats when you got your grind on. Last time I checked a few months ago I had a stockpile of 3000 or so. With that said, I have the whole roster on PC, a few paid for, but mostly earned from playing and every hero except maybe one or two was leveled with a legendary, and they all have one now
I do have over 2k hours clocked though :/

Impulsor

I played around 300 hours on PC, cosmic prestiged Captain America.

I started yesterday on PS4 and I actually like it a lot on console.

Bought the spiderman founders pack, spent the Gs on loot boxes, got Iron Spider costume. Woot!

Having this on console is gonna be a pleasure, I'll probably put in a couple hundred hours into this too.

abundant

L2 + dpad down I think.

L2 + dpad are emotes, one of them is the flair.

It's actually L2 + dpad up. dpad left is a laugh, dpad right is a pose, and dpad down is a voice line.

Personally I love using the ninja flair you get for defeating Electra. It's way too much fun to use it and watch everyone else go into attack mode.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The free anniversary teamup sounds... kind of awesome?

It's a Helicarrier.

Not a joke.

100% away mode Team Up. Has powers that fire based off of signature use, medkit use, proc, etc.

Powers like Qunnjet strafing run, missile strikes, laser attacks, etc.

I prefer active teamups but thematically that's actually pretty cool/fun,

Indignate

I mean if I no longer had the resources or just general will to create something even slightly new and instead could just recolor some particle effects and call it a day...

Well, if I could do that I'd be Nico Minoro cuz I could only do it once.

Cracklox

I was just looking at the anniversary event info like I'm going to start playing again.

Ugh. I'm the worst.

Well shit, just took a look and doesn't seem bad. Might have to log in and check it out. Still haven't tried Beast or Fury, but think I have the splinters for them after that 1200 giveaway a month or 2 back. I wonder what the drop rate of cake slices will be this time round as well?

Some good info here if anyone else is curious

Current Gazillion CEO talks about stuff here: https://youtu.be/5W2gVF4_9fc?t=313

Most interesting, and probably obvious as well, is that he always thought the game should come to consoles and when he became CEO he refocused the company in that directly.

More and more sounds like Brevik/Doomsaw caused the crash course of the game. Seems weird though that they'd have those issues with Marvel Games regarding content and characters when things like Advance Packs were planned.

My character is level 60, but when I craft armor, it comes out as level 57. Is there a reason for this?

On PS4, if anyone was wondering

Is there only one recipe for this on consoles? It sounds like an item grade issue (unless that has been changed for consoles). Item grade 60 is actually for level 57, so you would need the armor crafted to be item grade 63.

More and more sounds like Brevik/Doomsaw caused the crash course of the game. Seems weird though that they'd have those issues with Marvel Games regarding content and characters when things like Advance Packs were planned.

Is there only one recipe for this on consoles? It sounds like an item grade issue (unless that has been changed for consoles). Item grade 60 is actually for level 57, so you would need the armor crafted to be item grade 63.

Sounds like that's the issue. Damn it. Thanks for the help

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

What issues? Can you summarize what he said?

What issues? Can you summarize what he said?

Company wasn't making enough money, morale was low across the team which led to people leaving (as we saw many times), and poor relationship with Marvel Games with regards to getting content like characters/costumes approved with constant last minute submissions.

New CEO is basically trying to turn everything around by going all-in with the console version. It's do or die basically.

antonz

Sounds like Gazillion will be doing a Star Trek game maybe?

As far as the marvel stuff I wish them luck but there's a lot of talk and not much else. "Rebirth" etc are buzz words and nothing else. The addition of consoles probably should have come sooner but its a bandaid to a much larger problem. Lack of content at a steady pace. That kills any game down to its dedicated hardcore which is what describes the current PC playerbase.

Dec

Company wasn't making enough money, morale was low across the team which led to people leaving (as we saw many times), and poor relationship with Marvel Games with regards to getting content like characters/costumes approved with constant last minute submissions.

New CEO is basically trying to turn everything around by going all-in with the console version. It's do or die basically.

We also have to understand that it is in his best interest to make the console version sound like this beacon of hope and for him to be heralded as the man to turn around a sinking ship.

I imagine he is exaggerating.

He was an investor in the game long before he was the CEO or knew he would ever become the CEO. Seems a bit strange to invest in a surely sinking ship.

More likely the PC version was not growing and investors consider projects without growth as failures because growth is how they make money.

Sounds like Gazillion will be doing a Star Trek game maybe?

As far as the marvel stuff I wish them luck but there's a lot of talk and not much else. "Rebirth" etc are buzz words and nothing else. The addition of consoles probably should have come sooner but its a bandaid to a much larger problem. Lack of content at a steady pace. That kills any game down to its dedicated hardcore which is what describes the current PC playerbase.

I wouldn't be excited for the other games they have in development. The way he talks about them they are mobile/AR games probably on the level of that Dexter game they put out.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
their Marvel 10 year contract is up next year too btw

edit: wait thats a lie, its up in 2019, I dont know what year it is.

Slayven

I played around 300 hours on PC, cosmic prestiged Captain America.

I started yesterday on PS4 and I actually like it a lot on console.

Bought the spiderman founders pack, spent the Gs on loot boxes, got Iron Spider costume. Woot!

Having this on console is gonna be a pleasure, I'll probably put in a couple hundred hours into this too.

I played this game off and on since beta, but the console version is the first time i actually spent money

Impulsor

So which legendary is best for a jumping spider Spider-Man build?

I've seen the shield of Perseus and I've seen the axe

I always start with shield with my melees untill I uber-gear them because cosmic kicks your butt with ddamage spikes and instakills.

I currently have him with a lizard serum artifact that resurrects him too (10 min cooldown).

I always start with shield with my melees untill I uber-gear them because cosmic kicks your butt with ddamage spikes and instakills.

I currently have him with a lizard serum artifact that resurrects him too (10 min cooldown).

I bought the axe. Lol. I probably should've gotten the shield

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Let's all do cosmic prestige during anniversary month!

it will be super fun

Is anyone online that could help me get the super heroic trial done on PS4? I'm having a helluva time trying to solo it

Edit: NVM looks like you have to solo it -_-

Double edit: ok wtf the shit is impossible. How the hell am o supposed to kill all those tanks ass enemies before the timer runs out. I can't even kilt he first wave before the timer runs out

Is anyone online that could help me get the super heroic trial done on PS4? I'm having a helluva time trying to solo it

Edit: NVM looks like you have to solo it -_-

Double edit: ok wtf the shit is impossible. How the hell am o supposed to kill all those tanks ass enemies before the timer runs out. I can't even kilt he first wave before the timer runs out

Well the console and pc versions are pretty different, as it turns out, and this is the pc thread. But, this is a loot game with an account wide xp-power system (Infinity). There's so much rare loot to get, and Infinity points buff you a whole lot (or at least Omega points used to, I don't play much any more). The game barely launched on console and honestly, everyone should be underpowered right now.

Well the console and pc versions are pretty different, as it turns out, and this is the pc thread. But, this is a loot game with an account wide xp-power system (Infinity). There's so much rare loot to get, and Infinity points buff you a whole lot (or at least Omega points used to, I don't play much any more). The game barely launched on console and honestly, everyone should be underpowered right now.

This is a PC specific thread? Where's the console thread?

So I booted this up for the first time since beast was released... And I don't hate it. I still don't like the movement changes but everything else I can tolerate.

Drayco21

Guys, going from single digit framerates in patrol zones on the laptop for the last four years to 200 average on an actual ass PC is amazing. It's only a shame I couldn't upgrade back when I actually cared about playing this game.

So I booted this up for the first time since beast was released... And I don't hate it. I still don't like the movement changes but everything else I can tolerate.

Like half my powers are gone and most of my characters feel super squishy now; I'm pretty bummed about it- the movement changes are the worst though.

Cracklox

Guys, going from single digit framerates in patrol zones on the laptop for the last four years to 200 average on an actual ass PC is amazing. It's only a shame I couldn't upgrade back when I actually cared about playing this game

Haha. I did a similar upgrade around a year or so after I started playing. Well maybe not 200, but it was like night and day either way. Lucky I still gave enough of a stuff about the game at the time, to get the most out of it.

Right now I'm trying to find the will to log on and check out the anniversary stuff...

Anoregon

I had 2 free fortune cards when I logged in and one of them had the back in black spiderman teamup.

Neat!

Anoregon

Yeah I don't think it was related to anniversary stuff, not sure where they came from.

So I've been thirsting for a Marvel game and itching for some Ultimate Alliance, and I'm thinking about trying this out (PC) as a result. Is there anything/advice I should be on the lookout for both short- and possibly long-term?

So I've been thirsting for a Marvel game and itching for some Ultimate Alliance, and I'm thinking about trying this out (PC) as a result. Is there anything/advice I should be on the lookout for both short- and possibly long-term?

While it's true that long term support seems kinda meh, there is a solid amount of gameplay available right now for new players. I came back to this game after not playing for months due to the anniversary event and it's the only game I've played this week. After almost 800 hours on Steam, this game still hooks me. A lot of older players have been turned off by some of the gameplay changes that they made in order to create a console version, but I like a lot of the streamlined changes and the game isn't nearly as braindead easy as it was before.

If you start playing now, make sure to collect a lot of cake slices (which drop from any mob in the game on a small timer). You can use them to buy two x500 Eternity Splinter boxes which is at least two heroes of your choice or 5 (I think) random hero boxes. That's a great starting point.

The game works really well as a f2p game and if you find yourself liking the game a lot, the only thing that I consider a necessity to spend actual money on is a couple of STASH expansions. Wait until the end of the month, though, because they often go on sale for anniversary.

Rhaknar

My answer was probably snarkier than the situation warranted.

especially since the dude has never played the game, and for someone coming in, theres a shitton of content.

Your coffee might be a wee bit too venomous there.

While it's true that long term support seems kinda meh, there is a solid amount of gameplay available right now for new players. I came back to this game after not playing for months due to the anniversary event and it's the only game I've played this week. After almost 800 hours on Steam, this game still hooks me. A lot of older players have been turned off by some of the gameplay changes that they made in order to create a console version, but I like a lot of the streamlined changes and the game isn't nearly as braindead easy as it was before.

If you start playing now, make sure to collect a lot of cake slices (which drop from any mob in the game on a small timer). You can use them to buy two x500 Eternity Splinter boxes which is at least two heroes of your choice or 5 (I think) random hero boxes. That's a great starting point.

The game works really well as a f2p game and if you find yourself liking the game a lot, the only thing that I consider a necessity to spend actual money on is a couple of STASH expansions. Wait until the end of the month, though, because they often go on sale for anniversary.

Thanks for the heads up, sounds like a good jumping off point. I usually do my best to avoid spending on F2P stuff, but if it sticks and the sale is nice then I'll definitely check out the expansions.

My answer was probably snarkier than the situation warranted.

Nah it's all good, there seems to be a lot of backlash to the console version from long-time PC players and I can see the concern about lack of future support. It's good for people like me who gets an ocean of fresh experiences, but it's kinda wack to favor Omega over the vanilla vets.

Top Bottom