• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Shin Johnpv
Ninty Ninty Ninty
Ninty Ninty Ninty
(02-13-2017, 09:13 PM)
Get a Duo-R/RX have it RGB modded by a good modded and buy a Turbo Everdrive. CD games are region free.
Laws00
(02-14-2017, 12:18 AM)

Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv

Get a Duo-R/RX have it RGB modded by a good modded and buy a Turbo Everdrive. CD games are region free.

Looking into this now

I didn't want to mention anything about using a Turbo Everdrive but YES yes lol
TeaJay
(02-14-2017, 09:12 PM)
I've been very happy with my Duo but people say that they generally need more maintenance than R and RX models, so keep that in mind. (capacitors replaced, CD unit might need a looking at, etc.)
ironjoe989
(02-14-2017, 09:46 PM)
If you want the black Turbo Duo (not the R or RX) micktris on the pcenginefx forums has them recapped, RGB modded and region modded at the cheapest price I've seen. He even tracked down a Turbo Duo-R for me on request. Also for a very low price, and I didn't have to deal with Doujindance repairs!

Originally Posted by Laws00

Looking into this now

I didn't want to mention anything about using a Turbo Everdrive but YES yes lol

Mercutio
(02-17-2017, 05:26 PM)
So here's a terrifying question that I kind of don't want the answer to.

If I've get a Laseractive PAC N1, the Japanese PC Engine PAC, do I have any prayer of being able to run any sort of Everdrive on it? It looks like the slot is fully encompassing of the Hucard, and anything that is slightly thicker won't fit.

Does anyone have any experience with that thing?
Shin Johnpv
Ninty Ninty Ninty
Ninty Ninty Ninty
(02-17-2017, 05:52 PM)
YMMV on the everdrives. For mine the thickness of it and a regular hucard are fairly close. I would think it would work, but I've never seen a laseractive unit in person.

Look at it this way if you don't have a TED buy one and see if it fits (obviously inserting it slowly) if it doesn't you could probably sell it for what you paid for it, and if it does fit you're set. From what I understand too from 2.0 on the PCB of the TED is much closer to a regular hucard (2.4 here).
SheepyGuy
(02-17-2017, 09:13 PM)

Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv

YMMV on the everdrives. For mine the thickness of it and a regular hucard are fairly close. I would think it would work, but I've never seen a laseractive unit in person.

Look at it this way if you don't have a TED buy one and see if it fits (obviously inserting it slowly) if it doesn't you could probably sell it for what you paid for it, and if it does fit you're set. From what I understand too from 2.0 on the PCB of the TED is much closer to a regular hucard (2.4 here).

I don't think it would work.
piggychan
(02-17-2017, 11:12 PM)

Originally Posted by Mercutio

So here's a terrifying question that I kind of don't want the answer to.

If I've get a Laseractive PAC N1, the Japanese PC Engine PAC, do I have any prayer of being able to run any sort of Everdrive on it? It looks like the slot is fully encompassing of the Hucard, and anything that is slightly thicker won't fit.

Does anyone have any experience with that thing?

Do the street fighter II' populous, Tennokoe cards fit into the laseractive pac unit?

If so then you should have no problem but it looks like you might have to have a coverless everdrive. Just a theory tho.

Mercutio
(Yesterday, 02:16 AM)

Originally Posted by piggychan

Do the street fighter II' populous, Tennokoe cards fit into the laseractive pac unit?

If so then you should have no problem but it looks like you might have to have a coverless everdrive. Just a theory tho.

It would be insane if the most stupid expensive version of the system couldn't play Street Fighter 2, one of the biggest releases on the damn console.

I'll be trying one out, so I'll pop that in and see, unless someone has a bare everdrive I can maybe borrow...