• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

garath
Member
(02-17-2017, 01:40 PM)
garath's Avatar

Originally Posted by Caim

Great Gospel

Heart Orb Cost: 4

Trance (30% stat up for all jobs)
Quick (add more actions)
Rainbow Shift
Ultimate Charge (increases ultimate gauge by 20%)
Weak Weapon (gives the en- effect based on the weakness of the enemy)

Auto Abilities:
Rainbow orb appearance rate: 8%
Rainbow Starter +2
2 free slots for fractals

Wow. I guess I'm pulling. This time I think I'll just hit the GAS instead of the 4*. The 4* was a big miss for me :(
Celegus
Member
(02-17-2017, 02:06 PM)
Celegus's Avatar
Wow that's good but ultimate cards are just too rare to go for as f2p if you don't need anything else. Batch 2 doesn't seem great.
garath
Member
(02-17-2017, 05:21 PM)
garath's Avatar

Originally Posted by Celegus

Wow that's good but ultimate cards are just too rare to go for as f2p if you don't need anything else. Batch 2 doesn't seem great.

Oh. It's not one of the guaranteed ffvii remakes? Then forget it lol.
Celegus
Member
(02-17-2017, 10:00 PM)
Celegus's Avatar

Originally Posted by garath

Oh. It's not one of the guaranteed ffvii remakes? Then forget it lol.

Nope, it's a bonus like the Cloud job. Like a 2% chance at best or something.
Volimar
Member
(02-18-2017, 02:20 AM)
Volimar's Avatar
Wow, 5 minutes after acquiring The 1st Class Soldier he has completely outclassed the mage I've been working on since I started. Feels kinda bad man.
SuperChoco
Member
(02-18-2017, 05:04 AM)
SuperChoco's Avatar

Originally Posted by Volimar

Wow, 5 minutes after acquiring The 1st Class Soldier he has completely outclassed the mage I've been working on since I started. Feels kinda bad man.

Well, yeah, the mage is a specialist class. It's specialty is doing a hell of a lot of damage with l'cie brand / heavenly strike to fire enemies. Cloud's kit is pretty generalized; he can do well in most situations, but he doesn't excel at any particular skill. I'd argue the weapon (Buster Sword) is what does most of the heavy lifting for the class, due to its excellent starting stats and perks.
Caim
Member
(02-18-2017, 05:08 AM)
Caim's Avatar

Originally Posted by Volimar

Wow, 5 minutes after acquiring The 1st Class Soldier he has completely outclassed the mage I've been working on since I started. Feels kinda bad man.

When they release Hall of Fame area for the jobs Mage will start to excel in water damage, I think its like 250% damage bonus?

Cloud gets something like that, but for earth.
Volimar
Member
(02-18-2017, 05:20 AM)
Volimar's Avatar

Originally Posted by SuperChoco

Well, yeah, the mage is a specialist class. It's specialty is doing a hell of a lot of damage with l'cie brand / heavenly strike to fire enemies. Cloud's kit is pretty generalized; he can do well in most situations, but he doesn't excel at any particular skill. I'd argue the weapon (Buster Sword) is what does most of the heavy lifting for the class, due to its excellent starting stats and perks.

Ohhh. I'm pretty much just rolling with everything. Don't got much idea what I'm doing.
bigbaldwolf86
Member
(02-18-2017, 08:52 PM)
bigbaldwolf86's Avatar
That Aerith card looks like it will be insane. If I can get that or KotR with my 3 pulls tomorrow I'll be very happy.

Oh and I love mobius day so much with the updated skillseeds. I've got near 3 million of each skillseed and with my rank I get 234 stamina per elixir. So many runs to get more skillseeds which I will no doubt need for modifying my weapons which are gonna get crazy expensive
Volimar
Member
(02-18-2017, 08:57 PM)
Volimar's Avatar
Are weapon mods what people use skillseeds for most when they have their jobs maxed out?
bigbaldwolf86
Member
(02-18-2017, 09:01 PM)
bigbaldwolf86's Avatar

Originally Posted by Volimar

Are weapon mods what people use skillseeds for most when they have their jobs maxed out?

Yeah since that's basically all you can use them for. Farming a lot of skillseeds will set you up nicely for molding weapons and instantly boosting new jobs (assuming you have the crystals as well)
garath
Member
(02-18-2017, 11:20 PM)
garath's Avatar
Making progress. Have a 4* sicirus ifrit (not quite maxed yet), 3* succubus (farming Shiva though), 4* Jessie (7/8 ability), 4* Hermes. Devout is my main job and at 6*. I have whm and just pulled assassin. Had 17 tickets so figured another job would be nice. Hearing assassin isn't too great though :( player level 40.

From here I guess I'm going to start working on 5* units. Mobius day was awesome today. I gained like 10 player levels lol.

I'm hearing a strat for sub job is use whm and devout together.
Razmos
Member
(02-19-2017, 09:13 AM)
Razmos's Avatar
5 pulls on the new batch, didn't get Aerith unfortunately but did get Soldier 1st Class on my first pull!
bigbaldwolf86
Member
(02-19-2017, 01:29 PM)
bigbaldwolf86's Avatar

Originally Posted by Razmos

5 pulls on the new batch, didn't get Aerith unfortunately but did get Soldier 1st Class on my first pull!

Gratz. I didn't get her either. Still hope before she disappears though
Golnei
Member
(02-19-2017, 01:36 PM)
Golnei's Avatar
Down to zero summon tickets, but I finally have Cloud.
Celegus
Member
(02-19-2017, 02:55 PM)
Celegus's Avatar
I'm in hoard mode, not even trying for it. 24 tickets and 6k magicite! (and 10 Growstars! Would love an Ixion but no luck there)

Was able to pretty much start and finish Barret on Mobius day at least. Jessie is 8/10 but I don't have Devout to actually use her yet.
Volimar
Member
(02-19-2017, 03:20 PM)
Volimar's Avatar
So um...when does the story get good and the plot start to make sense? Cuz I'm getting pretty deep in there and...yeah.
SuperChoco
Member
(02-19-2017, 03:41 PM)
SuperChoco's Avatar
Chapter 4 is when the writing gets better, but the best story bits are from the previous monthly events. Most notably the Dark Moogle event, Ultros Tower, and Gilgamesh Tower. I also don't know how they're going to mention Meia since she was also introduced from a previous tower event.
Revolutionary
Member
(02-21-2017, 03:59 AM)
Revolutionary's Avatar
Dumb question but is there a way to properly log out of the Steam version? Just closing it doesn't cut it because it claims I'm still logged in when I try to log in on mobile.
Kenai
Member
(02-21-2017, 05:39 AM)
Kenai's Avatar
Is there a comparable card to Aerith anytime down the line? Tbh I'd rather save my tickets for (spoiler I guess?) Hope down the line since i know I'd get a lot of use out of that, but since I main Dancer it's rather tempting, especially since I still don't have Cloud either.
garath
Member
(02-21-2017, 01:29 PM)
garath's Avatar

Originally Posted by Revolutionary

Dumb question but is there a way to properly log out of the Steam version? Just closing it doesn't cut it because it claims I'm still logged in when I try to log in on mobile.

It's a 50/50 that it works but I found the best way is hit ESC and then "yes". It will sometimes close out smoothly, other times it will crash. But either way it usually lets me into the mobile just fine. If I just X out in windowed mode that seems more likely to cause problems.
Revolutionary
Member
(02-21-2017, 02:43 PM)
Revolutionary's Avatar

Originally Posted by garath

It's a 50/50 that it works but I found the best way is hit ESC and then "yes". It will sometimes close out smoothly, other times it will crash. But either way it usually lets me into the mobile just fine. If I just X out in windowed mode that seems more likely to cause problems.

Not sure why I never tried to hit ESC haha. It did crash like you said it might, but I was able to log on mobile so it works lol. Thanks!
Pejo
Member
(02-21-2017, 05:34 PM)
Pejo's Avatar
I am way behind the game on this, but what are Celestriads for? I've been getting a bunch when pulling dupes on the FFVII remake banner, but I don't know what I do with them.
Golnei
Member
(02-21-2017, 05:36 PM)
Golnei's Avatar

Originally Posted by Pejo

I am way behind the game on this, but what are Celestriads for? I've been getting a bunch when pulling dupes on the FFVII remake banner, but I don't know what I do with them.

You can use them to add additional levels on to jobs beyond the sum of your total deck's level; or buy summon tickets.
SuperChoco
Member
(02-21-2017, 05:37 PM)
SuperChoco's Avatar
They are used in the ability shop to get Job Boosters (3 Celestriad to raise a job level by 1) or Summon Tickets (12 celestriad for one ticket).
Pejo
Member
(02-21-2017, 05:43 PM)
Pejo's Avatar
Thanks guys, I think I'll just buy summon tickets then. I'm all for another shot at the Cloud job.

I'm too far behind in this game to be competitive at top levels, and I never have problems clearing events, so I don't see a need to raise deck levels beyond current cap.
Mknzy
Member
(02-21-2017, 09:34 PM)
Mknzy's Avatar
OK, so I have been playing for a while, but only recently really started to get into this game with the better skill seed distribution. I have a question I'm hoping I can get some help with. I have managed to get the Soldier 1st Class job, however I have no dark element warrior abilities, nor are any available to me in the ability shop. What is my best pull option to get one, and are there any in particular I should be looking for? I appreciate the advice.
bigbaldwolf86
Member
(02-21-2017, 10:02 PM)
bigbaldwolf86's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mknzy

OK, so I have been playing for a while, but only recently really started to get into this game with the better skill seed distribution. I have a question I'm hoping I can get some help with. I have managed to get the Soldier 1st Class job, however I have no dark element warrior abilities, nor are any available to me in the ability shop. What is my best pull option to get one, and are there any in particular I should be looking for? I appreciate the advice.

There aren't any Warrior dark cards yet I don't think. The cloud job can use Ranger cards once you level him up and the cloud ff7 remake card is a good once to get. Area attack that lowers break defense.
Mknzy
Member
(02-21-2017, 10:04 PM)
Mknzy's Avatar

Originally Posted by bigbaldwolf86

There aren't any Warrior dark cards yet I don't think. The cloud job can use Ranger cards once you level him up and the cloud ff7 remake card is a good once to get. Area attack that lowers break defense.

I have the job at level 8 and am already using that card for my dark, just was looking to see if there was a warrior option that would fit the job. Thanks for the info!
Kenai
Member
(02-21-2017, 10:09 PM)
Kenai's Avatar
Did one last pull, got Cloud! Pretty happy, especially since he was easy to get 8 with. I went through half of my crystals though.
Pachimari
Member
(02-21-2017, 11:36 PM)
Pachimari's Avatar
Got through the tutorial just now, and got 15 ability tickets. Which ability cards do you recommend for someone new? And how do I most easily save up summon tickets? Any other tips for a beginner?
Celegus
Member
(02-23-2017, 11:57 AM)
Celegus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Pachimari

Got through the tutorial just now, and got 15 ability tickets. Which ability cards do you recommend for someone new? And how do I most easily save up summon tickets? Any other tips for a beginner?

Check through the last couple pages of the thread here, there's been several new people lately with some good tips and links to more.

Finished up the FF VII event, those last couple maps were pretty intense! Up to 32 summon tickets!
Dinjoralo
Member
(02-24-2017, 02:38 AM)
Dinjoralo's Avatar
I'm still on the second reactor. :P I don't actually play too much. I plan to try and blitz through as much as I can over the weekend, autobattling at double speed.

I got six summon tickets and accidentally did a job summon... Crap.
garath
Member
(02-24-2017, 01:09 PM)
garath's Avatar
Made some solid progress since I started a few weeks ago. Finished the story up until current, have completed the whole event up through what looks like 3/4 of the way through infinite mako.

I have a 7* devout. Just got Jessie to 5* (took about 5 elixers yesterday lol), 4* Shiva sicirus, 4* ifrit sicirus and 4* hermes as my main deck.

Currently farming skill fodder for Jessie. Guide said soldier exclusion zone 3 was best but ow. That's too hard to farm reliably. Been doing just fine in make reactor lower level 2. It's so tempting to just use the 167 tickets to max boost her without farming but long term I'd probably regret that. Maybe I'll at least get her to ability level 9 then use tickets to 10. It's very time consuming.

From here who knows. I guess work on Hermes to 5 then not sure. My other jobs are whm, mage, assassin. Not sure if I should work on one of those next or just keep pulling jobs. I just hit 6 tickets again but the GAS is calling my name too. I need more card diversity for other jobs if I'm going to keep building.
SuperChoco
Member
(02-24-2017, 10:38 PM)
SuperChoco's Avatar
Planning for Mobius is a bit difficult. Even though we have a general idea of what's to come, our schedule and card distribution is different than what is done in Japan. Fortunately, the March calendar comes out soon, so we'll know what to plan for. If you're going to pull for jobs, you may want to wait to see next months schedule, since we might be getting the newest batch then.
Brazil
Living in the shadow of Amaz
(02-27-2017, 06:33 PM)
Brazil's Avatar
Got Aerith, woot! :D
garath
Member
(02-27-2017, 06:42 PM)
garath's Avatar

Originally Posted by SuperChoco

Planning for Mobius is a bit difficult. Even though we have a general idea of what's to come, our schedule and card distribution is different than what is done in Japan. Fortunately, the March calendar comes out soon, so we'll know what to plan for. If you're going to pull for jobs, you may want to wait to see next months schedule, since we might be getting the newest batch then.

Good points. I'm holding onto my tickets for now. I just finished maxing devout so I need to work on a new job but I'll just choose something from my current mage, whm and assassin. Probably assassin so I have a breaker. Devout can kill an orange bar easy so red bar is my biggest need.
Pejo
Member
(02-27-2017, 07:03 PM)
Pejo's Avatar
Man, grinding through these mako factories has taught me that this game is really slow to actually play for a mobile game.

The constant connecting and loading and individual map unlocks/boss spawns just make the mundane things take so damn long.

I'm on floor 2 of the 3rd reactor right now, and i hope to god there's only 3 floors total. It's painful.

I'll have enough summon tickets after this reactor (provided we get 1 for clearing it like the other 2), to do one more multi pull for the Soldier 1st Class job. Hope I get it.

Did someone do the math on the % rate to actually get it? I'm going to go out on a limb and say 5% or 10%, based on other gacha game rates.
Celegus
Member
(02-27-2017, 10:33 PM)
Celegus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Pejo

Did someone do the math on the % rate to actually get it? I'm going to go out on a limb and say 5% or 10%, based on other gacha game rates.

That sounds about right from what I've seen, at least 10% so it's not awful. Keep in mind though that it's permanent, not only during this event (though of course you could get a different one you don't want later on down the line). I'm much more into Squall or Judgemaster so I'll try to keep a stash of tickets for them.
Pejo
Member
(02-27-2017, 11:44 PM)
Pejo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Celegus

That sounds about right from what I've seen, at least 10% so it's not awful. Keep in mind though that it's permanent, not only during this event (though of course you could get a different one you don't want later on down the line). I'm much more into Squall or Judgemaster so I'll try to keep a stash of tickets for them.

Oh well shit. I thought it was limited time only. That makes me in much less of a rush to pull.

Thanks for that bit of info!

Also, just beat Mako Reactor 3, and saw Infinity Mako Reactor. Then I looked at the map.

This event is absolutely grueling to me for some reason, lol.

And yea, Judgemaster is the one I'm all about. I've started leveling ranger cards just because, to be ready for it.

I think I read Assassin is the current best of the Ranger jobs, right? I'm doing Viking because I pulled it a while ago, and it's doing ok for me. I mainly did it because I got that Dark element Cloud AoE break skill and wanted to use it.
Celegus
Member
(02-27-2017, 11:55 PM)
Celegus's Avatar
Infinity's actually not bad, I thought that was the smallest of them. I pretty much just auto'd through everything at work, I usually only "play" the harder ones like the end of Midgar. Maybe that's why I don't mind how grindy this game can be, usually just kind of have it going in the background at work and stuff.

Assassin is the fastest breaker, but so squishy (good luck doing even 3* MP). Every job has its ups and downs, so it really just depends on what you're doing with it. Dancer is probably the best overall ranger job currently.
Pejo
Member
(02-28-2017, 04:02 PM)
Pejo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Celegus

Infinity's actually not bad, I thought that was the smallest of them. I pretty much just auto'd through everything at work, I usually only "play" the harder ones like the end of Midgar. Maybe that's why I don't mind how grindy this game can be, usually just kind of have it going in the background at work and stuff.

Assassin is the fastest breaker, but so squishy (good luck doing even 3* MP). Every job has its ups and downs, so it really just depends on what you're doing with it. Dancer is probably the best overall ranger job currently.

Yea you were right, after Reactor 3, Infinity wasn't terrible. Beat that and Midgar last night, took a while, but I got caught up on Walking Dead while it was playing itself. Masamune X is a pretty damn nice freebie. Break damage is low, but the ATK and MAG are both nice. I actually broke top rank 1600 score with it, while just auto-ing through the stages with a score of 13 million + some change. That's the highest I've ever had in this game. Did another 7 pull and still no Cloud Job, but I'm not that worried about it anymore.

Now I need to farm a literal shitload of Dark Seeds to finish maxing out Jarl.
garath
Member
(02-28-2017, 04:20 PM)
garath's Avatar
I struggled with infinite mako. Got about 2/3 through it and couldn't progress. However since then I've gotten the full 8* unlock on my devout and I have maxed out my Jessie card. Hopefully I'll have an easier time when I tackle it next.
pancakesandsex
(02-28-2017, 04:24 PM)
pancakesandsex's Avatar

Originally Posted by garath

I struggled with infinite mako. Got about 2/3 through it and couldn't progress. However since then I've gotten the full 8* unlock on my devout and I have maxed out my Jessie card. Hopefully I'll have an easier time when I tackle it next.

I burned phoenix downs to complete it, and midgar. Sometimes 2-3 per node. Worth it i guess for the summon tix.
Pejo
Member
(02-28-2017, 04:47 PM)
Pejo's Avatar

Originally Posted by pancakesandsex

I burned phoenix downs to complete it, and midgar. Sometimes 2-3 per node. Worth it i guess for the summon tix.

The only real killers are the dark clone red mages, IMO. I had to burn a few Phoenix Downs on them when they Faithed up and let me have it.

Helps that Wyvern Lord has like just under 8k HP though, and there's no shortage of Soma Drop rental cards
SuperChoco
Member
(02-28-2017, 04:58 PM)
SuperChoco's Avatar
BYOB

Bring Your Own Barrier. Especially since there's like 4 good abilities that apply haste (YRP, FFRK Aerith, Hermes, Biggs) vs 2 that apply Barrier (Fatty and Machina).
Celegus
Member
(02-28-2017, 11:07 PM)
Celegus's Avatar
5* Fat Choco is easily my most used card, even more than Hermes (because I usually rent something with haste). The extend boons skill is just lovely and I pretty much never die.

Congrats on maxing those out garath, getting break damage limit is such a game changer. Time to nuke everything!

I already finished up the event stuff, so just Land of Illusions for seeds and xp today.
Golnei
Member
(03-01-2017, 03:34 PM)
Golnei's Avatar
I love how happy he looks about his wrist clipping in this pose. It's like he's showing it off.

Caim
Member
(03-01-2017, 04:52 PM)
Caim's Avatar
Ace Striker being added to the legend job pull with Cloud.

Didn't specifically say he was permanent, but I'm assuming he will be.

I'm guessing they will bring back the mythic jobs too.

Rogue and Berserker are being added as well.

Kinda disappointed that Majin wasn't coming this month.
Pejo
Member
(03-01-2017, 06:35 PM)
Pejo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Caim

Ace Striker being added to the legend job pull with Cloud.

Didn't specifically say he was permanent, but I'm assuming he will be.

I'm guessing they will bring back the mythic jobs too.

Rogue and Berserker are being added as well.

Kinda disappointed that Majin wasn't coming this month.

Nice, I'm really happy to hear this. Going in for a pull to try to get Rogue. It's just through standard job summon, right?

Thread Tools