Exactly. So what's gonna make them more money? 3 new IPs that they're not even sure are gonna be successful or making games in their top 5-10 selling franchises?
You guys are gonna see me as the cynical one yet again, but eh, whatever.
- RE7 is done, yet they have like ten DLCs planned for that game including Story episodes and new gameplay modes. I doubt they are done with that game yet.
- Same with SFV and its new updates/contents. Even if the majority of team has moved on from the game I don't think these are the same guys who did MvC3? Correct me if I'm wrong but I think MvC:I is being done by a separate team, just like MvC3 was different from SFIV.
- REmake 2 is happening and supposedly it's a big Remake and not a simple remaster
- A portion of staff are working on DDO. Same with the teams who work on 3DS titles like MH and Ace Attorney.
- Lastly I don't think saying the Sengoku or LP team haven't made anything is very accurate. I think the team structure at Capcom might be a lot more flexible than one might think. I'm sure the LP team hasn't been sitting idly by in the past 7 years (since LP2, cause LP3 was outsourced). These teams most likely help other, bigger, projects like RE and stuff.
At any rate, what I'm saying is that Capcom probably has enough resources to support 2 other home console projects at the moment. So if these leaks are true, then either the majority of them are mobile/handheld titles so we are getting DMC5 in addition to them or they are all home console games and Capcom has decided that it'll be better to invest in new titles rather than sequels.
Bottom line, Capcom can't be working on 3 new home console games (even mid-tiers) + supporting RE7 & SFV & DDO + REmake 2 + MvC:I + DMC5. That's just not feasible for the current Capcom.
This rumor was just some random post on Reddit at the end of the day lol.