• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

gunbo13
(06-18-2015, 05:00 PM)
Use something like this to get Japan account? Still work without issue?
http://kotaku.com/5982662/how-to-mak...gate-the-store

Let's see who will bring it for TST. I want to take names.

Hope I have time to compete... :(
takoyaki
(06-18-2015, 05:01 PM)
Not sure if this is old, didn't see it in this thread. DMC4 Special Edition is developed by Access Games and Swery just tweeted about it
Tarry
(06-18-2015, 05:04 PM)

Originally Posted by takoyaki

Not sure if this is old, didn't see it in this thread. DMC4 Special Edition is developed by Access Games and Swery just tweeted about it

So the main DMC team could have been working on a sequel the whole time.
TreIII
(06-18-2015, 05:07 PM)
Great OP.

Alas, my copy will be arriving while I'll be on vacation. But I'll be peeking for any vids when I'm not participating in any real life parties here, haha!
BadWolf
(06-18-2015, 05:08 PM)

Originally Posted by Tarry

The plot thickens.
RapidCancel
(06-18-2015, 05:09 PM)

Originally Posted by GuardianE

Fraps is always an option. You could also just livestream yourself via hitbox or twitch and crop the archive.

Originally Posted by PensivePen

OBS is excellent for recording.

Thanks, I'll give these a shot.
Sephzilla
(06-18-2015, 05:10 PM)

Dahbomb
(06-18-2015, 05:12 PM)

robotzombie
(06-18-2015, 05:15 PM)
well now isn't this an interesting turn of events
Corpsepyre
(06-18-2015, 05:27 PM)
Hoping for some good story additions to accentuate the new characters. Can't wait. Thought this was coming out today. :(
kyo_strife
(06-18-2015, 05:29 PM)
Not sure if this belongs here, but here's a new DMC4SE interview with Itsuno-san:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X-X...ature=youtu.be

Questions from the interview:
Tell us about your involvement in the DMC franchise?
Why do a special edition of DMC 4 now?
What feedback have you had from the fans so far?
Tell us about the inclusion of the new characters?
What’s in DMC 4 SE for long time DMC fans?
Finally, do you have a message for the DMC fans watching?
Jimmyfenix
(06-18-2015, 05:31 PM)
Even though this news means they must be working on a new dmc i would have liked to see capcom/itsuno give those guys credit for the remaster. Unless i missed it.
AgentLampshade
(06-18-2015, 05:31 PM)

Anyway, regarding this game: I'm unsure if I'll start with Vergil or play through the Lady/Trish campaign first so I can have a semi-leveled up Vergil right from the get-go. Choices, choices.
kyo_strife
(06-18-2015, 05:37 PM)

Originally Posted by Jimmyfenix

Even though this news means they must be working on a new dmc i would have liked to see capcom/itsuno give those guys credit for the remaster. Unless i missed it.

Well, at least they're in the credits
GuardianE
Santa May Claus
(06-18-2015, 05:38 PM)

Very VERY interesing...
Magnetic_North
(06-18-2015, 05:42 PM)
I had completely forgot this was coming out! Forgive me crazy party gods!

Anyway picking this up on the PS4 I really enjoyed it back in and now my boy Virgil is in its a must buy!

What was the general impression of this game when it came out? Because I enjoyed it but some of my mates said they didn't like

What do you think GAF?
Shift Breaker
(06-18-2015, 05:50 PM)

Originally Posted by BadWolf

There is an easy trick to manipulate the dice game btw.

I should have guessed.

Oh well, no point worrying about it now. Hopefully I'll be able to download it soon.
ElBoxyBrown
Banned
(06-18-2015, 05:52 PM)
I NEED MORE POWER!
Esque7
(06-18-2015, 05:55 PM)

You can always get the PS2 game and run it on PCSX2, even my crappy PC was able to run it no problem and there were no emulation issues.

It also lets you use save states so it's very easy to practice specific areas if you want.

I still have my PS2 copy, so that's actually a great idea. Maybe I should try FFXII too since square doesn't seem like it will ever remaster it. Anywho, I'll probably download DMC4 today.
Tyrant Rave
Banned
(06-18-2015, 05:55 PM)

Originally Posted by Magnetic_North

I had completely forgot this was coming out! Forgive me crazy party gods!

Anyway picking this up on the PS4 I really enjoyed it back in and now my boy Virgil is in its a must buy!

What was the general impression of this game when it came out? Because I enjoyed it but some of my mates said they didn't like

What do you think GAF?

DMC4 is my favorite in the series honestly.

Level design is kinda mediocre but I don't think it's much worse than 3 outside of the dice puzzle and tops just taking up time. I love everything else-- combat, enemy design, and Bloody Palace. It's just an incredibly rewarding and fun game to learn how to play properly. And now it has three new characters so it seems more than worth it if you enjoyed it before.
direct_quote
(06-18-2015, 05:57 PM)

Very VERY interesing...

Man at TGS DMC5 is probably happening. Ugh have to wait 3 months..
SykoTech
(06-18-2015, 06:01 PM)

Originally Posted by MillionStabs

Also, don't forget that if you want DMC5. BUY THIS GAME

I'm rather confident that DMC5 is already well into development. But still, DMC4SE having great sales surely would get them even more....motivated.

Roll on Tuesday. Between this and Arkham Knight (and just the general fact that I'll finally have a PS4), I feel like I should probably take the week off work.
BadWolf
(06-18-2015, 06:03 PM)

Originally Posted by direct_quote

Man at TGS DMC5 is probably happening. Ugh have to wait 3 months..

Wonder if Sony decided to save Level 5, Capcom etc. announcements for TGS/Paris/PSX?

Back in December, Level 5 and others seems to be aiming towards E3 (Level 5 was specific on that) but neither showed up. And it makes sense since the conference was already filled to the brim with megatons so it would have been a waste to put any more.
darkslayer101
(06-18-2015, 06:03 PM)

Originally Posted by Akiller

https://twitter.com/tomqe/status/611410763295670272

LOVE IT!

Afrocious
(06-18-2015, 06:10 PM)
Trying to decide if I want this on PC or PS4. Anyone got some nice pros and cons to shoot my way?

As far as personal choice goes, I think the PS4 controller might better suit me for SSSUPER STYLISH COMBOS since all I have is my 360 controller on my PC.

I do have a Wii U Pro Controller, but I dunno how to get that working on PC.
robotzombie
(06-18-2015, 06:15 PM)

Originally Posted by Afrocious

Trying to decide if I want this on PC or PS4. Anyone got some nice pros and cons to shoot my way?

As far as personal choice goes, I think the PS4 controller might better suit me for SSSUPER STYLISH COMBOS since all I have is my 360 controller on my PC.

PS4 controller is super easy to get working on PC if you wanna go with that combo. That is what I'm doing. Works like a dream on regular DMC4 for PC and the PC version is super optimized. The game isn't really pushing any boundaries tech wise however, so it should run at a solid 60fps with no issues on PS4 if you want to go that route.
BadWolf
(06-18-2015, 06:15 PM)

Originally Posted by Sephzilla

Destructoid has a piece with Itsuno about DMC4SE

I liked this part:

"It was a three year project working on DmC: Devil May Cry with Ninja Theory, and I was going back and forth to Cambridge working on it with them. And I got a lot of great memories, I'm still really great friends with those guys, whenever I see them I'm like 'give me a hug, bro', and even though it was a divisive game, and that was the reaction from fans, obviously -- I still feel it's a well respected game. I don't like thinking of it as this separate other thing from the rest of the other games. My work on that game definitely influenced DMC4SE.

GuardianE
Santa May Claus
(06-18-2015, 06:24 PM)

I liked this part:

Note that he qualifies it as his work on that game, as in work that he implemented in that game influenced what he did in DMC4SE.
Dahbomb
(06-18-2015, 06:25 PM)
I love all the publicity Itsuno has been getting lately.

Yes I want more of the guy who basically saved DMC from dying.
BadWolf
(06-18-2015, 06:27 PM)

Note that he qualifies it as his work on that game, as in work that he implemented in that game influenced what he did in DMC4SE.

Always figured that Vergil in that game was his doing, which is why he incorporated that version into DMC4SE.
Seven Force
Banned
(06-18-2015, 06:29 PM)

Heh, so it seems.
Dahbomb
(06-18-2015, 06:30 PM)

As with every upcoming E3, many fans like to hypothesize about what's going to be announced at E3. Just checking on twitter or NeoGAF, you could see massive threads detailing fan theories and speculation about some upcoming news relating to the developers and publishers attending. And though many were convinced that Capcom was going to drop the bomb and announce Devil May Cry 5 at this year's expo, they of course were mistaken. But rest assured, Capcom is totally aware of the enthusiasm for the series. Itsuno had this to say to fans about the current state of Devil May Cry.

Aww shiieet... NeoGAF shout outs!

Itsuno on no DMC5 at E3 this year:

"Of course, there was some people rumor and speculating whether or not there'd be a new announcement at E3. Sorry, but there wasn't one this year. But 4SE is something I really wanted the chance to get DMC in the hands of the next-generation console player. It's been that long since the original series, the hardware has changed, standards are different, and I know that people are waiting to play the game again."

graywolf323
(06-18-2015, 06:32 PM)

what's the technical quality of their prior work? hoping this turns out well
Sephzilla
(06-18-2015, 06:34 PM)
Alright, which one of you is Itsuno's GAF account?
Alfredo
(06-18-2015, 06:39 PM)

Originally Posted by graywolf323

Well, there's this game called Deadly Premonition, one of my favorite games of all time...

Super interesting that Access worked on this title. I hope they did it justice. Maybe they snuck in an Agent York or Raincoat Killer costume in there, lol.
GuardianE
Santa May Claus
(06-18-2015, 06:44 PM)

Kind of all over the place, but since DMC4 already had solid footing, and we've seen both official and unofficial streams of the game running, I think we're in the clear. There were no USFIV streams prior to the PS4 launch.
miladesn
(06-18-2015, 06:46 PM)

Complete utter shit, lowest tier of all. Can't possibly find some developer worse, they can make the ugliest game in the world that still can't hit above 20fps. With that said there is always a first time and all that...I'd guess MTFramework is pretty solid and even AG can't mess it up too much.
Ghost Slayer
(06-18-2015, 06:49 PM)
We all know DMC5 is real, it's the only reason why we have DMC4SE :p
takoyaki
(06-18-2015, 06:52 PM)

It's certainly a surprising choice, I love Access Games/Swery, but most people play their games because they are charming diamonds in the rough (Deadly Premonition, Spy Fiction, D4), not for their technical expertise.

But until now, they always had to work with low budgets and troubled development; this is a port with Capcom involvement, running on a solid engine and all the videos look great so far. The game's out in Asia, if they screwed up the port, we'll know soon enough.
Dahbomb
(06-18-2015, 06:54 PM)
People who played the game already said it was smooth, no problems detected yet.
KingItachi
(06-18-2015, 07:04 PM)

Originally Posted by Dahbomb

People who played the game already said it was smooth, no problems detected yet.

PC or Console
Sephzilla
(06-18-2015, 07:04 PM)

Originally Posted by Ghost Slayer

We all know DMC5 is real, it's the only reason why we have DMC4SE :p

Even if it didn't show up at E3 I still think it's happening. The reboot was revealed at TGS, wasn't it?
Dahbomb
(06-18-2015, 07:05 PM)

Originally Posted by KingItachi

PC or Console

Console version.
GuardianE
Santa May Claus
(06-18-2015, 07:06 PM)

Originally Posted by KingItachi

PC or Console

Console. It's not released on PC yet anywhere.
Shin-Ra
(06-18-2015, 07:10 PM)
I already pointed this out in the previous big DMC4 thread but it looks like there's no or ineffective anti-aliasing in the remaster.

https://youtu.be/kmbWNBtj7nU

This is a cropped, 1:1 sample.
Nyteshade517
(06-18-2015, 07:15 PM)

Originally Posted by Mr. X

Preordered on GMG

18.75 with the coupon code on the front page.

Now I wait

same thing I did yesterday...now to wait
N313
(06-18-2015, 07:19 PM)
more avas

105.Will
(06-18-2015, 07:20 PM)
Beautiful OT. Can't wait for this damn game.
MechaX
(06-18-2015, 07:21 PM)

Originally Posted by Afrocious

I was wondering the same thing earlier, but I'm probably just going to get it on PC. I ran the old DMC4 PC benchmark and was averaging like 300 fps (remember, the game is about seven years old now). Plus, the PS4 controller is easy to get running on PC and the PC would still have mod support. Sure, it'll be at a reduced price at the next steam sale or something, but the same will probably apply to the PS4 version for second-hand copies.