• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Detective
Member
(02-17-2017, 02:11 PM)
Detective's Avatar

Originally Posted by Velikost

Why the fuck is Pegasus 2 in ranked playlists? I dipped back into SWAT tonight and I got this shitter two times in a row.

Like the map is whatever, but it fucking chugs and the spawns are awful. Both matches were fought in one corridor of the map, and I'm running in slow motion to get back to the fight. Now that the updates have stopped this game keeps getting worse; REQ system freezes on me all the time (especially when selling), game hangs loading in matches, there are a ton of weird hitches, etc.

343 plz

Me and my friends quits every forge map. No way am playing this garbage.
And its one the reasons we don't play BTB.

Save your self the headache and just dodge it.

Servers are getting worse, And as said before I have no hope it will get fixed. If they could they would have done it months ago.

The game literally stopes now when someone quit, everything freezes and you get killed. Worse then a host based games. Much worse than old COD games. Dedicated servers, yeah right.
Last edited by Detective; 02-17-2017 at 02:18 PM.
op_ivy
Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
(02-17-2017, 02:32 PM)
op_ivy's Avatar
4 day weekend + early access to halo wars 2 + halo world championship qualifier london + wife and kids out of town =












Rural ass internet getting borked again and me bored to tears. The timing of this shit is always the worst.
Feel the Swift
Member
(02-17-2017, 02:34 PM)
Feel the Swift's Avatar

Originally Posted by Detective

Me and my friends quits every forge map. No way am playing this garbage.
And its one the reasons we don't play BTB.

Save your self the headache and just dodge it.

Servers are getting worse, And as said before I have no hope it will get fixed. If they could they would have done it months ago.

The game literally stopes now when someone quit, everything freezes and you get killed. Worse then a host based games. Much worse than old COD games. Dedicated servers, yeah right.

I really wish there was an explanation as to why this is suddenly a problem
SCHUEY F1
Member
(02-17-2017, 02:40 PM)
SCHUEY F1's Avatar

Originally Posted by op_ivy

4 day weekend + early access to halo wars 2 + halo world championship qualifier london + wife and kids out of town =












Rural ass internet getting borked again and me bored to tears. The timing of this shit is always the worst.

Nice! My wife is going to be out of town for the World Finals, gonna be gud.

I live in a rural community too and we finally got 25MB download speed. Far cry from what city folk get, lol.
op_ivy
Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
(02-17-2017, 02:41 PM)
op_ivy's Avatar

Originally Posted by SCHUEY F1

Nice! My wife is going to be out of town for the World Finals, gonna be gud.

I live in a rural community too and we finally got 25MB download speed. Far cry from what city folk get, lol.

Did you read the full post or just rubbing salt in my wounds? Lol
SCHUEY F1
Member
(02-17-2017, 02:43 PM)
SCHUEY F1's Avatar

Originally Posted by op_ivy

Did you read the full post or just rubbing salt in my wounds? Lol

Haha, sorry. I just woke up didn't process the full post, lol.

I had my internet crap out for weekend not that long ago. Super frustrating.
SCHUEY F1
Member
(02-17-2017, 02:55 PM)
SCHUEY F1's Avatar
Didn't know Goldenboy was back doing Halo. That's cool, I don't mind him.
jizzlobber
Member
(02-17-2017, 03:15 PM)
jizzlobber's Avatar
Yeh goldenboy is ok.

Just went nuts in fiesta, 40kills 10 deaths and the rest of my team went negative... end up 75-74 and I got the game saver medal then the winning kill.

Just fiesta but still felt goooood :)
op_ivy
Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
(02-17-2017, 03:24 PM)
op_ivy's Avatar

Originally Posted by jizzlobber

Yeh goldenboy is ok.

Just went nuts in fiesta, 40kills 10 deaths and the rest of my team went negative... end up 75-74 and I got the game saver medal then the winning kill.

Just fiesta but still felt goooood :)

My fiesta experience is usually to spawn over and over again with a boltshot and AR.
jizzlobber
Member
(02-17-2017, 03:40 PM)
jizzlobber's Avatar
Yeh you get those games where you have a run of rubbish weapons, I look for scraps on the ground where the red Xs are.
Feel the Swift
Member
(02-17-2017, 04:01 PM)
Feel the Swift's Avatar
Love Fiesta, really wish they would do gun game though.
Fuchsdh
Member
(02-17-2017, 04:09 PM)
Fuchsdh's Avatar

Originally Posted by Feel the Swift

Love Fiesta, really wish they would do gun game though.

Didn't they find gun game in one of the game update files? It's possible we're still getting it.
op_ivy
Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
(02-17-2017, 04:27 PM)
op_ivy's Avatar
Xbox says its connected to my internet, but wont sign into live or even let me sign into my account.

Packet loss = 51%
Down = 1.6 Mbps
Up = 0.73 Mbps

Yay.


Cant even play single player "offline" games. Edit: scratch that, disconnecting the xbox from my internet entirely looks like i can play offline
Last edited by op_ivy; 02-17-2017 at 04:30 PM.
YourExWife
Member
(02-17-2017, 04:56 PM)
YourExWife's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fuchsdh

Didn't they find gun game in one of the game update files? It's possible we're still getting it.

Folks have made a customs gun game. I've played it a few times through the browser.
Fuchsdh
Member
(02-17-2017, 05:07 PM)
Fuchsdh's Avatar

Originally Posted by YourExWife

Folks have made a customs gun game. I've played it a few times through the browser.

I remember having fun with the modded version in Halo 4 too, but I was referring to an official mode. Can't find the video, not sure if it got nuked when the guy's channel got hit after the Halo Wars stuff.
Detective
Member
(02-17-2017, 05:29 PM)
Detective's Avatar

Originally Posted by Feel the Swift

I really wish there was an explanation as to why this is suddenly a problem

There is no explanation, just like there is none for removing the veto system.
A feature which was on previous games and all other games now days. So we have to quit /dodge forge crap or repeated maps over and over.

The freezing problem have been known for months and getting worse, and every time this comes up "starting dedicated servers" I wanna puke becaus the experience is worse then p2p.

Yet, I spend 4-6 hours a day or more playing it. Its just sad for such an amazing and incredible gameplay ruined by these small issues,
dskillzhtown
keep your strippers out of my American football
(02-17-2017, 05:33 PM)

Originally Posted by op_ivy

My fiesta experience is usually to spawn over and over again with a boltshot and AR.

I hate that, especially when I spawn right in front of a guy with a Fuel Rod Cannon.

Yes, servers are so bad lately. Some games are completely unplayable. To the point that I can't even get mad at people quitting mid-game. I still play pretty much everyday.
Last edited by dskillzhtown; 02-17-2017 at 05:35 PM.
Karl2177
Member
(02-17-2017, 05:55 PM)
Karl2177's Avatar

Originally Posted by Detective

There is no explanation, just like there is none for removing the veto system.
A feature which was on previous games and all other games now days. So we have to quit /dodge forge crap or repeated maps over and over.

The freezing problem have been known for months and getting worse, and every time this comes up "starting dedicated servers" I wanna puke becaus the experience is worse then p2p.

Yet, I spend 4-6 hours a day or more playing it. Its just sad for such an amazing and incredible gameplay ruined by these small issues,

There actually is a reason for the veto going away. One part of it is variety and the lack thereof with the veto system. The other is a technical reason. In Halo 3 for example, the system starts loading the map when you get the required amount of players. If you veto it deloads the map and loads the other one. Or in Reach, it loads the first map. This is why there's a slightly longer load time if you veto a map or pick the second or third map. Now those were peer to peer and our network architecture has changed since then. Here is some conjecture, as there's no official documentation on it, but it's based on observations from the beta and the retail release. When you match into a game, you are matching into a dedicated server and it is what has to do the main work when loading. If you were to veto from there, it would have to deload and then load up a different map. From what I've gathered there's a LOT that the servers are doing behind the scenes, but we have no idea what it actually is doing (it could be programming inefficiency, data collection, physics calculation, etc.).
Detective
Member
(02-17-2017, 06:29 PM)
Detective's Avatar

Originally Posted by Karl2177

There actually is a reason for the veto going away. One part of it is variety and the lack thereof with the veto system. The other is a technical reason. In Halo 3 for example, the system starts loading the map when you get the required amount of players. If you veto it deloads the map and loads the other one. Or in Reach, it loads the first map. This is why there's a slightly longer load time if you veto a map or pick the second or third map. Now those were peer to peer and our network architecture has changed since then. Here is some conjecture, as there's no official documentation on it, but it's based on observations from the beta and the retail release. When you match into a game, you are matching into a dedicated server and it is what has to do the main work when loading. If you were to veto from there, it would have to deload and then load up a different map. From what I've gathered there's a LOT that the servers are doing behind the scenes, but we have no idea what it actually is doing (it could be programming inefficiency, data collection, physics calculation, etc.).

Giving the players options to choose is better than forcing them to play or dodge a said Map/gametype IMO. As for variety, I can't say it has much.

Appreciate the explanation about the servers,
but when it comes to experience, its the worst. I Don't know what's going on behind the scene, all I know is the game experience is getting worse, Like;

Freezing
Shots doesn't count
Heavy feeling and movement/Slow
lag/latency


All this does change the gameplay in some way, and it varies from game to game.
Like yesterday, we played assault,everything was great and suddenly one player quits and Another one joins and the whole match collapsed, lag and shots doesn't count.

Or another game where we had to press the buttons twice or more for the player to react, really heavy movement,

These problems are not present on other games.
Last edited by Detective; 02-17-2017 at 06:39 PM.
Prinz Eugn
Member
(02-17-2017, 07:04 PM)
Prinz Eugn's Avatar
We conflating playing tonight?
Fuchsdh
Member
(02-17-2017, 07:30 PM)
Fuchsdh's Avatar

Originally Posted by Prinz Eugn

We conflating playing tonight?

I'll be able to tear myself away from HW2 for a bit.
YourExWife
Member
(02-17-2017, 08:02 PM)
YourExWife's Avatar

Originally Posted by Prinz Eugn

We conflating playing tonight?

I'm already on cuz RDO
GringoSuave89
Member
(02-17-2017, 09:33 PM)
GringoSuave89's Avatar
I'll pop on too. Just got off work.

Also, just got my free HW2 season pass. Guess I really do have to buy the game now haha
mo60
Member
(02-17-2017, 09:37 PM)
mo60's Avatar
Planning to play some halo 5 tonight to. I'm not really interested in Halo Wars 2.

The game freezing when someone quits a match is really annoying. I also hate when matches never finish loading for me when I platy either warzone or warzone firefight.
Last edited by mo60; 02-17-2017 at 09:40 PM.
TwitchZeezbruh
Member
(02-17-2017, 09:57 PM)
TwitchZeezbruh's Avatar
Managed to get 6 hours of h5 in today, longest in a LONGGGGGGGGGGG time.
Navidson REC
Member
(02-17-2017, 10:08 PM)
Navidson REC's Avatar
Still got my Valentine's Day pack. Anyone wanna trade? Send me a PM!
TCKaos
Member
(02-17-2017, 11:10 PM)
TCKaos's Avatar
I'll be on after dinner.
Detective
Member
(02-17-2017, 11:36 PM)
Detective's Avatar
Five times today, Five times in less than one hour.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Killion/video/27171057

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Killion/video/27171071

Now please, help me understand, Why is this happening?

Why is this not fixed?
GringoSuave89
Member
(02-17-2017, 11:43 PM)
GringoSuave89's Avatar
yo, online now. partied up with Matt but idk if he's online or afk
Space_nut
Member
(02-17-2017, 11:50 PM)
Space_nut's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fuchsdh

I'll be able to tear myself away from HW2 for a bit.

How is the story?!
Fuchsdh
Member
(02-18-2017, 12:23 AM)
Fuchsdh's Avatar

Originally Posted by Space_nut

How is the story?!

Interesting. I'm aiming to have a deep dive article/video combo up for FUD early or midweek next, but it's definitely a departure from the style HW employed.
TCKaos
Member
(02-18-2017, 12:25 AM)
TCKaos's Avatar

Originally Posted by Detective

Five times today, Five times in less than one hour.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Killion/video/27171057

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Killion/video/27171071

Now please, help me understand, Why is this happening?

Why is this not fixed?

Seems to me that you're conflating issues.

Speaking of which, if you fire the shotgun while aiming down the sights you eject two shells from two different locations, but only if you're aiming down the sights.

EDIT: Okay, so the third person shell renders at the same time as the first person one. If you aim downwards you can even see it without using ADS.
Last edited by TCKaos; 02-18-2017 at 12:30 AM.
Detective
Member
(02-18-2017, 12:39 AM)
Detective's Avatar

Originally Posted by TCKaos

Seems to me that you're conflating issues.

Speaking of which, if you fire the shotgun while aiming down the sights you eject two shells from two different locations, but only if you're aiming down the sights.

EDIT: Okay, so the third person shell renders at the same time as the first person one. If you aim downwards you can even see it without using ADS.

What do you mean by conflating issues?

The game throws me out of the match, 5 times. Is it so hard to understand the issue or what?
Last edited by Detective; 02-18-2017 at 12:49 AM.
TCKaos
Member
(02-18-2017, 12:54 AM)
TCKaos's Avatar

Originally Posted by Detective

What do you mean by conflating issues?

The game throws me out of the match, 5 times. Is it so hard to understand the issue or what?

It's a reference to a few pages ago in the thread.
Detective
Member
(02-18-2017, 01:03 AM)
Detective's Avatar

Originally Posted by TCKaos

It's a reference to a few pages ago in the thread.

Oh yeah, my bad :)

Well these problems are being reported by lots of people.

The latency and lag
The freezing

All these are known issues to many.
SCHUEY F1
Member
(02-18-2017, 03:39 AM)
SCHUEY F1's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fuchsdh

Interesting. I'm aiming to have a deep dive article/video combo up for FUD early or midweek next, but it's definitely a departure from the style HW employed.

Nice, will look forward to that.

I'm only a few missions in but enjoying it.
Cranster
Member
(02-18-2017, 07:15 AM)
Cranster's Avatar
So I went into theatre in Halo Wars 2 and that was a huge fucking mistake as the ending scene was somehow unlocked and now I've basically had the ending spoiled.
Fuchsdh
Member
(02-18-2017, 03:11 PM)
Fuchsdh's Avatar
From yesterday, a portion of the fun that was had with my helpful enemy driver. Not quite my running riot from the days of Reach, but still fun. http://xboxclips.com/Fuchsdh/c40f336...e-b39f8bcd1998

And here's an example of that missing gun in portrait bug: http://xboxclips.com/Fuchsdh/screens...9-b54b6eaadd93
TCKaos
Member
(02-18-2017, 04:39 PM)
TCKaos's Avatar


Poor guy looks all tuckered out from winning so many games.
GringoSuave89
Member
(02-18-2017, 05:25 PM)
GringoSuave89's Avatar

Originally Posted by TCKaos



Poor guy looks all tuckered out from winning so many games.

Noooooooooooo the couch
Sub-Zero at a Starbucks
Wolfric the Wild
(02-18-2017, 06:14 PM)
Sub-Zero at a Starbucks's Avatar

Originally Posted by TCKaos



Poor guy looks all tuckered out from winning so many games.

it's missing the low-budget porn filter

Prinz Eugn
Member
(02-18-2017, 07:06 PM)
Prinz Eugn's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sub-Zero at a Starbucks

it's missing the low-budget porn filter

mmm yeah

turn around for me baby
aHebrewMenagerie
Member
(02-18-2017, 07:17 PM)
aHebrewMenagerie's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sub-Zero at a Starbucks

it's missing the low-budget porn filter

This is why we can't have nice things
YourExWife
Member
(02-18-2017, 07:37 PM)
YourExWife's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sub-Zero at a Starbucks

it's missing the low-budget porn filter

"So what I do is get an idea of your skills and whatnot, then I send the tape off to (spartan) companies where you can make between 3 and 5 thousand RP per day. Does that sound like something you'd be interested in?"
GringoSuave89
Member
(02-18-2017, 07:54 PM)
GringoSuave89's Avatar

Originally Posted by YourExWife

"So what I do is get an idea of your skills and whatnot, then I send the tape off to (spartan) companies where you can make between 3 and 5 thousand RP per day. Does that sound like something you'd be interested in?"

Sign me the fu... oh wait.
SmartWaffles
Member
(02-18-2017, 08:28 PM)
SmartWaffles's Avatar
No one's watching HCS London? Req pack code: SNIPER100
TCKaos
Member
(02-18-2017, 09:33 PM)
TCKaos's Avatar
How would you guys feel about:





If we don't get a full 8v8, we can just even out the teams and then open up the lobby to the rest of the world.
Last edited by TCKaos; 02-18-2017 at 09:42 PM.
Poodlestrike
Member
(02-18-2017, 10:15 PM)
Poodlestrike's Avatar

Originally Posted by TCKaos

How would you guys feel about:





If we don't get a full 8v8, we can just even out the teams and then open up the lobby to the rest of the world.

I would be down, assuming the timing works out.
Fata1moose
Member
(02-18-2017, 10:20 PM)
Fata1moose's Avatar

Originally Posted by SCHUEY F1

Nice! My wife is going to be out of town for the World Finals, gonna be gud.

I live in a rural community too and we finally got 25MB download speed. Far cry from what city folk get, lol.

I get envious of fiber customers with my 75 mb/s download speed.
Samurai G0SU
Member
(02-18-2017, 11:33 PM)
Samurai G0SU's Avatar
Are we for real right now?



Final.... he had 0..... trolling at the end suiciding. -_-



Thread Tools