• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

hamchan
Member
(01-01-2017, 12:30 AM)
hamchan's Avatar

Originally Posted by FStop7

The wall of shame in the OP's a bit unnecessary.

Nah it's great.
Catvoca
Member
(01-01-2017, 12:51 AM)
Catvoca's Avatar
Austin put up his real top 10 list on Waypoint. Interesting stuff! No Doom but Hitman is on there. No Man's Sky is alarmingly high. Austin really doesn't like The Witness. The number one is a tabletop rpg.
Last edited by Catvoca; 01-01-2017 at 12:57 AM.
Zornack
Member
(01-01-2017, 12:59 AM)
Zornack's Avatar
Is that a fanfic too?
Volotaire
Member
(01-01-2017, 01:04 AM)
Volotaire's Avatar
New year, new thread, new me.
mnz
Member
(01-01-2017, 01:07 AM)
mnz's Avatar
That's a good list, though. I have to look up two of those games.

I also tried to read one of the articles they posted today and without trying to be negative again about that site, I had to google like 12 different things to even understand what was going on and I think I atleast somewhat know my way around video games. It just leaves a giant question mark about who that site is for. For other video game writers, maybe? Not sure.
LiK
(01-01-2017, 01:11 AM)
LiK's Avatar
Nice thread, I made it into OP. Thanks.

Watching the Elusive Target videos and man, why are they so bad at them. lol
TharpDaddy
Member
(01-01-2017, 01:16 AM)
TharpDaddy's Avatar
Speaking of loot boxes, the Rec Room loot box opening animation is disappointing. I look forward to the crazy loot boxes that VR can bring us.
Megasoum
Member
(01-01-2017, 01:17 AM)
Megasoum's Avatar
Re-Watching the Hyper Light Drifter quicklook... Maybe I should play that game afterall.
No_Style
Doesn't want to make an
ass of himself
(01-01-2017, 01:18 AM)
No_Style's Avatar

Originally Posted by Twin Tails

https://twitter.com/alex_navarro/sta...27891827425281

That is very disturbing.
Data West
coaches in the WNBA
(01-01-2017, 01:19 AM)
Data West's Avatar
THE BOYS ARE BACK IN TOOOOWWOOWWWN
Jintor
Lit himself on fire to get
a mod to tag him
(01-01-2017, 01:20 AM)
Jintor's Avatar
i just finished superhot and i dunno if i shouldn't have listened to best moments first, but in any case I didn't find that 'moment' more impressive than I did the general idea of the meta elements in the first place
Catvoca
Member
(01-01-2017, 01:22 AM)
Catvoca's Avatar

Originally Posted by mnz

That's a good list, though. I have to look up two of those games.

I also tried to read one of the articles they posted today and without trying to be negative again about that site, I had to google like 12 different things to even understand what was going on and I think I atleast somewhat know my way around video games. It just leaves a giant question mark about who that site is for. For other video game writers, maybe? Not sure.

I think there is good articles on there, I just ignore the fanfic and dumb shit like that since, as you said, it's not for me (or anyone?). I wonder what Patrick thinks about that stuff since it's very much not his thing either.
Guy LeDouche
Banned
(01-01-2017, 01:26 AM)
this friday should give us the first regular dan beastcast, so that will be great.

it'll never happen, but if Jeff ever moved to NY, they could just shut down GB West and nothing would be lost.
alr1ght
bish gets all the credit :)
(01-01-2017, 01:29 AM)
alr1ght's Avatar
When do they announce Johnny V is the new hire?
BreezyLimbo
Member
(01-01-2017, 01:29 AM)
BreezyLimbo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Salarians

I don't know if I hate this or if I love it

FF8 continues to be the greatest

fuck the music is so goddamn good

also guys I think Jeff shouldn't review gams anymore he's too derisive
Archaix
Drunky McMurder
(01-01-2017, 01:35 AM)
Archaix's Avatar
That song sounds like Dan sang it. Everything about FF8 is just the absolute worst.
War Peaceman
Member
(01-01-2017, 01:36 AM)
War Peaceman's Avatar
jiff shouldn't review games he has too many opinions!
avengers23
Member
(01-01-2017, 01:37 AM)
avengers23's Avatar
This is all Brett's fault.
bomma_man
Member
(01-01-2017, 01:43 AM)
bomma_man's Avatar
I replicated the magic of the Sahara!
hamchan
Member
(01-01-2017, 01:44 AM)
hamchan's Avatar

Originally Posted by Catvoca

Austin put up his real top 10 list on Waypoint. Interesting stuff! No Doom but Hitman is on there. No Man's Sky is alarmingly high. Austin really doesn't like The Witness. The number one is a tabletop rpg.

Hyper Light Drifter was basically his video game of the year.

I should probably play it.
Data West
coaches in the WNBA
(01-01-2017, 01:45 AM)
Data West's Avatar
Dan 'sang' on another recent video but I can't remember which one it was
broncobuster
Member
(01-01-2017, 01:53 AM)
broncobuster's Avatar

Originally Posted by Catvoca

Austin put up his real top 10 list on Waypoint. Interesting stuff! No Doom but Hitman is on there. No Man's Sky is alarmingly high. Austin really doesn't like The Witness. The number one is a tabletop rpg.

The Nice Guys, Wong Kar-wai, and Gundam all brought up in a top 10 list. Austin knows what's up.
Incandenza
Member
(01-01-2017, 01:55 AM)
Incandenza's Avatar

Originally Posted by Data West

Dan 'sang' on another recent video but I can't remember which one it was

That Shenmue episode where they stared at their watch the whole time.
Phediuk
Member
(01-01-2017, 01:59 AM)
That E3 2005 video gave me such polarized emotions.

On the one hand, I was all, "wtf?! 2005 was 11 years ago?! what the fuck happened to my life?"

And on the other hand, I went, "Oh, the world was a different place back then. We've come a long way. Calm down."
Teddified
Member
(01-01-2017, 02:01 AM)
Teddified's Avatar
Didn't notice the new thread, oops.
Choomp
Member
(01-01-2017, 02:08 AM)
Choomp's Avatar

Originally Posted by alr1ght

When do they announce Johnny V is the new hire?

I want to believe
bomma_man
Member
(01-01-2017, 02:12 AM)
bomma_man's Avatar
Omg dan's singing

It's like a bit of weird art
Xater
Member
(01-01-2017, 02:19 AM)
Xater's Avatar
Happy New Year guys!

I'm spent and will go to sleep now.
Lunar FC
Member
(01-01-2017, 02:25 AM)
Lunar FC's Avatar
Behind on pods and everything rn.

But WTF at Jeff's list?

Hitman over Doom? WOW
ShadowSwordmaster
Member
(01-01-2017, 02:27 AM)
ShadowSwordmaster's Avatar

Originally Posted by Twin Tails

https://twitter.com/alex_navarro/sta...27891827425281

But why?
mnz
Member
(01-01-2017, 02:27 AM)
mnz's Avatar
I'm slowly listening to some of the podcasts since I'm still playing Witcher 3.

Also CD Projekt spoiler!?
Is...is Ciri in Cyberpunk 2077? There was a bit that sounded like that might happen...
TraBuch
Member
(01-01-2017, 02:34 AM)
TraBuch's Avatar
Hey, what was that game GBeast did a QL of that had the intro where it looked like some dude was giving the devil a blowjob?
BreezyLimbo
Member
(01-01-2017, 02:36 AM)
BreezyLimbo's Avatar

Originally Posted by TraBuch

Hey, what was that game GBeast did a QL of that had the intro where it looked like some dude was giving the devil a blowjob?

Damien 2

Uh

Uh

Omen II!

edit-I lied, it's Lucius 2.
http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quic...-ii/2300-9960/
Last edited by BreezyLimbo; 01-01-2017 at 02:39 AM.
funkystudent
Member
(01-01-2017, 02:39 AM)
funkystudent's Avatar

Originally Posted by mnz

I'm slowly listening to some of the podcasts since I'm still playing Witcher 3.

Also CD Projekt spoiler!?
Is...is Ciri in Cyberpunk 2077? There was a bit that sounded like that might happen...

Who the heck knows. People think maybe that was one of the worlds Ciri traveled to when she was talking about jumping around the space time continuum that she hung around some future place with flying cars and stuff. If CDPR wanted to have her cameo in 2077 they can get away with it but I never read to much into that line.
TraBuch
Member
(01-01-2017, 02:44 AM)
TraBuch's Avatar

Originally Posted by BreezyLimbo

Damien 2

Uh

Uh

Omen II!

edit-I lied, it's Lucius 2.
http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quic...-ii/2300-9960/

yesss thank you. I kept searching for variations of "Malice" and "Malicious".
Joeku
Member
(01-01-2017, 02:54 AM)
Joeku's Avatar

Originally Posted by funkystudent

Who the heck knows. People think maybe that was one of the worlds Ciri traveled to when she was talking about jumping around the space time continuum that she hung around some future place with flying cars and stuff. If CDPR wanted to have her cameo in 2077 they can get away with it but I never read to much into that line.

For as much as they could, I doubt they'd bother paying for all the licensing for just a little cameo. Or fuck it, they're CDPR, maybe they would.
Zornack
Member
(01-01-2017, 02:58 AM)
Zornack's Avatar
It's always weird to be reminded that The Witcher is a licensed product.
Ketch
Member
(01-01-2017, 03:00 AM)
Ketch's Avatar
Yo, can we talk about how Alex has completely come out of his shell since GBEAST started?


I think it's pretty awesome.
Joeku
Member
(01-01-2017, 03:03 AM)
Joeku's Avatar

Originally Posted by Zornack

It's always weird to be reminded that The Witcher is a licensed product.

Agreed. I am so relatively unaware of the books compared to how the games landed for me.
nckillthegrimace
Member
(01-01-2017, 03:03 AM)
nckillthegrimace's Avatar

Originally Posted by Catvoca

Austin put up his real top 10 list on Waypoint. Interesting stuff! No Doom but Hitman is on there. No Man's Sky is alarmingly high. Austin really doesn't like The Witness. The number one is a tabletop rpg.

"Cybertwee"
funkystudent
Member
(01-01-2017, 03:03 AM)
funkystudent's Avatar

Originally Posted by Joeku

For as much as they could, I doubt they'd bother paying for all the licensing for just a little cameo. Or fuck it, they're CDPR, maybe they would.

I think CDPR own The Wticher licence for video games similar to how Ubi own "Tom Clancy" for video games. They can probably do whatever.
ShadowSwordmaster
Member
(01-01-2017, 03:05 AM)
ShadowSwordmaster's Avatar

Originally Posted by mnz

I'm slowly listening to some of the podcasts since I'm still playing Witcher 3.

Also CD Projekt spoiler!?
Is...is Ciri in Cyberpunk 2077? There was a bit that sounded like that might happen...

It sounds like she went into a place that might be like 2077, but it might be an easter egg for people who know.
Joeku
Member
(01-01-2017, 03:07 AM)
Joeku's Avatar

Originally Posted by funkystudent

I think CDPR own The Wticher licence for video games similar to how Ubi own "Tom Clancy" for video games. They can probably do whatever.

If that is actually the case, then sure. Go for it! ...I should play the rest of Witcher 3 I haven't.
Zornack
Member
(01-01-2017, 03:09 AM)
Zornack's Avatar
I headcannoned Ciri screaming to kill all the winter knight dudes who attack Witcher HQ as the ending because I got so bored of the game's combat I couldn't go on.
mnz
Member
(01-01-2017, 03:12 AM)
mnz's Avatar

Originally Posted by funkystudent

Who the heck knows. People think maybe that was one of the worlds Ciri traveled to when she was talking about jumping around the space time continuum that she hung around some future place with flying cars and stuff. If CDPR wanted to have her cameo in 2077 they can get away with it but I never read to much into that line.

Originally Posted by ShadowSwordmaster

It sounds like she went into a place that might be like 2077, but it might be an easter egg for people who know.

I thought it was weird how she even gave a timeframe of 6 months, it was a little too specific. But yeah, might be nothing.
funkystudent
Member
(01-01-2017, 03:13 AM)
funkystudent's Avatar
Ciri went to the original Prey 2.



edit. I need to play Blood and Wine
Last edited by funkystudent; 01-01-2017 at 03:18 AM.
ShadowSwordmaster
Member
(01-01-2017, 03:16 AM)
ShadowSwordmaster's Avatar
That also reminds me of that one mission with Avallac'h. Where you jump between different worlds and the one you fight the insects but can never loot them.
alr1ght
bish gets all the credit :)
(01-01-2017, 03:18 AM)
alr1ght's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ketch

Yo, can we talk about how Alex has completely come out of his shell since GBEAST started?


I think it's pretty awesome.

Well, he's not sitting by himself in his apartment anymore.
Zornack
Member
(01-01-2017, 03:20 AM)
Zornack's Avatar
Witcher 3 needs sex cards.

Thread Tools