• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Syf
Banned
(01-15-2017, 09:39 PM)
lol

Finally got around to playing Rag. Really fun. I should get back into HotS.
Alur
Member
(01-15-2017, 09:41 PM)
Alur's Avatar
Q build is the most popular by a pretty good margin I believe, yeah.

When I play him post nerfs I mostly go that now. I used to use the Meteor build, but it's just unsatisfying for me with that long cooldown.
Syf
Banned
(01-15-2017, 09:47 PM)
Dream Genie Chromie feels so wrong to look at
Alavard
Member
(01-15-2017, 09:53 PM)
Alavard's Avatar
QM during free weekend is legendary insanity (in a bad way).

Auriel (me), Alarak, Tychus, Medivh, and TLV against Zul'jin, Abathur, Nova, Ragnaros, Uther on Dshire. We lost mainly due to our Medivh staying in bird form for the entire first 5 minutes of the game.

Auriel is legit against Zul'jin though. I especially liked it when he used Taz'dingo and I just aegis'd through it and killed him on its expiry.
brian!
Member
(01-15-2017, 10:01 PM)
brian!'s Avatar
Yeah her e literally stops him from doing anything too

It's kind of ridiculous that you can use rag d in the enemy base
he still seems op
matmanx1
Member
(01-15-2017, 10:39 PM)
matmanx1's Avatar
Ahh hah! I found the new thread! You people can't hide from me!!

Free weekend is pretty cool. Tried out Samuro last night. He's loads of fun but seems to be quite "fussy" in terms of micro-management in order to get the most dps and value. This sounds ok in theory until I look at Valla who can almost faceroll the keyboard and delete many heroes straight up.

Obviously Samuro can do some things that Valla can't but is it possible that Valla needs a little tuning?

And if what I'm saying here is way out of line then please tell me. I'm still very new to all of this and have a lot to learn!
scoobs
Member
(01-15-2017, 11:40 PM)
scoobs's Avatar

Originally Posted by matmanx1

Ahh hah! I found the new thread! You people can't hide from me!!

Free weekend is pretty cool. Tried out Samuro last night. He's loads of fun but seems to be quite "fussy" in terms of micro-management in order to get the most dps and value. This sounds ok in theory until I look at Valla who can almost faceroll the keyboard and delete many heroes straight up.

Obviously Samuro can do some things that Valla can't but is it possible that Valla needs a little tuning?

And if what I'm saying here is way out of line then please tell me. I'm still very new to all of this and have a lot to learn!

Valla win rate is shockingly not that great. She is so squishy its kind of balanced, but ya shes awesome.

Samuro fills a way different role though. Super hard to kill, sneaky bastard that can take camps by himself with ease and destroy backliners that step out of position (particularly post level 16. Press the Attack is bonkers dps)
Maximo
Member
(01-15-2017, 11:45 PM)
Maximo's Avatar
Everytime I try to get into this game im greeted with 4+ minutes of wait time, tried it again for the free weekend and man is it just because im level 18 or are the wait times generally this awful?
Prelude.
Member
(01-16-2017, 12:01 AM)
Prelude.'s Avatar

Originally Posted by Maximo

Everytime I try to get into this game im greeted with 4+ minutes of wait time, tried it again for the free weekend and man is it just because im level 18 or are the wait times generally this awful?

What are you queueing up for?
scoobs
Member
(01-16-2017, 12:26 AM)
scoobs's Avatar

Originally Posted by Maximo

Everytime I try to get into this game im greeted with 4+ minutes of wait time, tried it again for the free weekend and man is it just because im level 18 or are the wait times generally this awful?

Quick match queues are like 30 seconds to a minute for me right now. What are you queuing for?
Wafflecakes
(01-16-2017, 12:58 AM)
Wafflecakes's Avatar

Originally Posted by Maximo

Everytime I try to get into this game im greeted with 4+ minutes of wait time, tried it again for the free weekend and man is it just because im level 18 or are the wait times generally this awful?

Never had this problem, even during slower hours.
Prelude.
Member
(01-16-2017, 01:13 AM)
Prelude.'s Avatar
Man, Chen is clunky.
scoobs
Member
(01-16-2017, 01:20 AM)
scoobs's Avatar

Originally Posted by Prelude.

Man, Chen is chunky.

Fixed that sentence for you, google autocorrect doesn't always catch them all :D
Syf
Banned
(01-16-2017, 01:21 AM)
Excuse you. He's big boned
Prelude.
Member
(01-16-2017, 02:09 AM)
Prelude.'s Avatar
I tend to gravitate towards more agile and smaller characters, so now I'm left with basically the slowest and biggest ones. I just played two vs AI games with Chen and Arthas. ResidentSleeper

Less than 20 and I'm done with everyone in the roster.
Alavard
Member
(01-16-2017, 02:36 AM)
Alavard's Avatar
I just won my latest QM game and kinda wish we had lost. We played like shit the whole match on BoE and lost every single Immortal, even though the enemy team had Abathur. We had Sylvanas, and she seemed to be of the opinion that she was a solo pusher the whole game. Now, I've played enough to know about Sylvanas's pushing capability, but she's not a solo pusher - she's a pushing enabler. And she couldn't figure that out as she died time after time from being alone.

We couldn't take a team fight the entire game, but kept getting single pick offs. Somehow the enemy team never did much with their wipes of us, and after we picked off their Valla at level 20, we surged forward and took their top keep and the core in one shot.

Now I'm as glad as anyone that comebacks are possible, but we just didn't deserve to win, and now that win is going to reinforce bad behaviors.

At least I felt my mechanical skill as tank Varian was on point. Again, he's another beast of a Zul'jin counter. Taz'dingo means nothing when you can taunt and double parry your way through the AAs.
scoobs
Member
(01-16-2017, 02:37 AM)
scoobs's Avatar

Originally Posted by Prelude.

I tend to gravitate towards more agile and smaller characters, so now I'm left with basically the slowest and biggest ones. I just played two vs AI games with Chen and Arthas. ResidentSleeper

Less than 20 and I'm done with everyone in the roster.

Chen is super mobile, idk what you smokin
Alavard
Member
(01-16-2017, 02:39 AM)
Alavard's Avatar

Originally Posted by scoobs

Chen is super mobile, idk what you smokin

Exactly. D into Q all day, baby.
Alur
Member
(01-16-2017, 03:03 AM)
Alur's Avatar

Originally Posted by Maximo

Everytime I try to get into this game im greeted with 4+ minutes of wait time, tried it again for the free weekend and man is it just because im level 18 or are the wait times generally this awful?

Shouldn't be that way unless you have quite high MMR or are trying to do 2 man team league. You can also inflate your queue time in QM by choosing certain heroes (usually the newest) or combos if you're grouped.

I have read a few people have longer queue times at starting MMR but there should be a metric ton of players in that MMR range as that's right where Silver league is located. Four minutes isn't too bad, though, IMO, but I stay tabbed down.

Originally Posted by Alavard

I just won my latest QM game and kinda wish we had lost. We played like shit the whole match on BoE and lost every single Immortal, even though the enemy team had Abathur. We had Sylvanas, and she seemed to be of the opinion that she was a solo pusher the whole game. Now, I've played enough to know about Sylvanas's pushing capability, but she's not a solo pusher - she's a pushing enabler. And she couldn't figure that out as she died time after time from being alone.

We couldn't take a team fight the entire game, but kept getting single pick offs. Somehow the enemy team never did much with their wipes of us, and after we picked off their Valla at level 20, we surged forward and took their top keep and the core in one shot.

Now I'm as glad as anyone that comebacks are possible, but we just didn't deserve to win, and now that win is going to reinforce bad behaviors.

At least I felt my mechanical skill as tank Varian was on point. Again, he's another beast of a Zul'jin counter. Taz'dingo means nothing when you can taunt and double parry your way through the AAs.

I've felt the same before, but I've learned to take the victory. Had too many stolen from me in the same way.

On the flip side, every few games most players seem to just have a bad game and it all goes wrong. Sometimes it's not reinforcing bad behavior, was simply a bad showing like any other traditional sports player might have from game to game.

Milly, for instance, had like an 8 death game on Jaina the other night. Was mostly the fault of our Medivh and Varian being useless, but I remember saying how shocked I was because he rarely dies more than once per game. It's a surprise if he dies twice. Sometimes things just go to 💩.
Ketch
Member
(01-16-2017, 03:05 AM)
Ketch's Avatar

Originally Posted by Alavard

I just won my latest QM game and kinda wish we had lost. We played like shit the whole match on BoE and lost every single Immortal, even though the enemy team had Abathur. We had Sylvanas, and she seemed to be of the opinion that she was a solo pusher the whole game. Now, I've played enough to know about Sylvanas's pushing capability, but she's not a solo pusher - she's a pushing enabler. And she couldn't figure that out as she died time after time from being alone.

We couldn't take a team fight the entire game, but kept getting single pick offs. Somehow the enemy team never did much with their wipes of us, and after we picked off their Valla at level 20, we surged forward and took their top keep and the core in one shot.

Now I'm as glad as anyone that comebacks are possible, but we just didn't deserve to win, and now that win is going to reinforce bad behaviors.

At least I felt my mechanical skill as tank Varian was on point. Again, he's another beast of a Zul'jin counter. Taz'dingo means nothing when you can taunt and double parry your way through the AAs.

Sylvanas reminds me a lot of late game carries in other games. In that there just comes a critical point where all she has to do is hit buildings, and if you can't kill her she ends the games.
Kioshen
Member
(01-16-2017, 03:54 AM)
Kioshen's Avatar

Originally Posted by Maximo

Everytime I try to get into this game im greeted with 4+ minutes of wait time, tried it again for the free weekend and man is it just because im level 18 or are the wait times generally this awful?

This is weird. I usually get 30s to 2 minutes queue time. Sometimes it gets longer when I play with other people here because of the gulf of mmr but rarely 4 mins + even then.

Originally Posted by Prelude.

I tend to gravitate towards more agile and smaller characters, so now I'm left with basically the slowest and biggest ones. I just played two vs AI games with Chen and Arthas. ResidentSleeper

Less than 20 and I'm done with everyone in the roster.

Chen is one of the most mobile heroes in the game. That kung fu kick is no joke to get in position for awesome body blocks. Arthas is like a train. Yes he's slow but you don't stop. You just keep going and make them stop to taste your sweet blade.

-----------------

In other quick match adventure news,I can't believe I'm going to say this with a straight face but Milly was right. Q Build is the best build for Valla. Just had an awesome game bursting fools left and right with only 2 death when everybody else was having a 5+ death if not more.
matmanx1
Member
(01-16-2017, 04:05 AM)
matmanx1's Avatar

Originally Posted by scoobs

Valla win rate is shockingly not that great. She is so squishy its kind of balanced, but ya shes awesome.

Samuro fills a way different role though. Super hard to kill, sneaky bastard that can take camps by himself with ease and destroy backliners that step out of position (particularly post level 16. Press the Attack is bonkers dps)

Good to know. I'd like to get better with him. Orc Blademaster has been my groove since the end of Warcraft 3.

Originally Posted by Prelude.

I tend to gravitate towards more agile and smaller characters, so now I'm left with basically the slowest and biggest ones. I just played two vs AI games with Chen and Arthas. ResidentSleeper

Less than 20 and I'm done with everyone in the roster.

Haven't tried Chen but I really like Arthas. He gets very strong as he levels up. Arthas is actually the first character I bought with gold right after I started playing so he's kinda got a special place in the roster for me even though I don't play him much right now.

Just finished a game with Thrall. I see what the fuss is all about irt Earthquake. That spell is crazy for dictating team fights. Our Tyrande was like 2 hits from death and trying to escape so I laid down the Earthquake on 3 of the enemy team allowing her to gain enough distance to mount and get out and then used it to get us out of another bad situation later in the match.

I know it has other uses rather then controlling engagements but even just that is really strong.
Maximo
Member
(01-16-2017, 04:51 AM)
Maximo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Prelude.

What are you queueing up for?

Quick Match maybe cause im in Australia there is no one playing?
Milly79
Member
(01-16-2017, 04:55 AM)
Milly79's Avatar
Didn't even know there was a new thread...

Anyway, there's a new site where we can make heroes fantasy rosters with pro players. If I set a league up would anyone join?
Alur
Member
(01-16-2017, 05:00 AM)
Alur's Avatar
I would do it I guess, but you'd probably need to throw it on reddit to have enough people to make it into anything worthwhile. Not sure there's much appetite here beyond a couple of people maybe.
Orochinagis
Member
(01-16-2017, 05:07 AM)
Orochinagis's Avatar

Originally Posted by scoobs

Chen is super mobile, idk what you smokin

I just love to stay on the enemy towers and just drink beer all the time
scoobs
Member
(01-16-2017, 05:21 AM)
scoobs's Avatar

Originally Posted by Orochinagis

I just love to stay on the enemy towers and just drink beer all the time

Me too man, me too. But in heroes of the storm I don't really play much Chen.
Alur
Member
(01-16-2017, 05:59 AM)
Alur's Avatar

Originally Posted by Milly79

NA: https://www.rosterpocalypse.com/priv...gues/neogaf-na

EU:
https://www.rosterpocalypse.com/priv...gues/neogaf-eu

I'm in. Joined the reddit NA league too. Gonna forget to change my players every week like a real fantasy vet.
Hugstable
Banned
(01-16-2017, 06:22 AM)
I just got into this game the other day, and have been enjoying the gameplay for the most part especially since all the heroes are currently free 2 play, so I've been getting to try some of them out. For a good amount of games the last few days I've been playing against AI just to practice, and on average I was getting 100 gold per win, which was decent and seeing the price of the characters I was fine with that along with the daily quests to be able to earn my characters over time. It would take awhile with alot of characters being 10k, but still seemed like a decent earn rate. Today I decide to pick up the 4.99$ Nexus Character pack that came with the 7-day stimulus. Play a game and come to find out that now all of a sudden I'm only getting 25 gold per game (which would actually be 10 without that booster) and it's really killed my drive to play this game. 10 gold a win when I need 10k even just for some single characters seem extremely low and makes me feel like they just want me to pay them money outright. What happened? Why was I earning such a decent amount of gold at first and now getting next to nothing? Why even tease someone with those gold rates at first? Just want to know what's going on. Really enjoyed what I played, but I know on the 17th it goes back to only 5-7 characters or so a week, and kinda down and not wanting to play anymore if it's gonna take a ridiculous amount of games even just to get another character. I really want to enjoy this game, I like how it plays compared to Dota 2 without having to worry about buying power items and stuff from shops, but this just feels like it's driving me away at this point :(
scoobs
Member
(01-16-2017, 06:26 AM)
scoobs's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hugstable

I just got into this game the other day, and have been enjoying the gameplay for the most part especially since all the heroes are currently free 2 play, so I've been getting to try some of them out. For a good amount of games the last few days I've been playing against AI just to practice, and on average I was getting 100 gold per win, which was decent and seeing the price of the characters I was fine with that along with the daily quests to be able to earn my characters over time. It would take awhile with alot of characters being 10k, but still seemed like a decent earn rate. Today I decide to pick up the 4.99$ Nexus Character pack that came with the 7-day stimulus. Play a game and come to find out that now all of a sudden I'm only getting 25 gold per game (which would actually be 10 without that booster) and it's really killed my drive to play this game. 10 gold a win when I need 10k even just for some single characters seem extremely low and makes me feel like they just want me to pay them money outright. What happened? Why was I earning such a decent amount of gold at first and now getting next to nothing? Why even tease someone with those gold rates at first? Just want to know what's going on. Really enjoyed what I played, but I know on the 17th it goes back to only 5-7 characters or so a week, and kinda down and not wanting to play anymore if it's gonna take a ridiculous amount of games even just to get another character. I really want to enjoy this game, I like how it plays compared to Dota 2 without having to worry about buying power items and stuff from shops, but this just feels like it's driving me away at this point :(

Mmmm not sure, but you get 500g for each hero you level to level 5. And you get 1,000g for doing 3 brawls each week. Do that and you'll be making plenty to buy whoever you wish
Hugstable
Banned
(01-16-2017, 06:30 AM)

Originally Posted by scoobs

Mmmm not sure, but you get 500g for each hero you level to level 5. And you get 1,000g for doing 3 brawls each week. Do that and you'll be making plenty to buy whoever you wish

Yeah I know about the dailies and stuff, just weird cause I know for sure that my first like 10-12 games or so I was getting 100 gold each. I would have been totally cool with that earn rate. I'll give the brawl a try though, just really upset that gold dropped off a cliff like that
scoobs
Member
(01-16-2017, 07:03 AM)
scoobs's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hugstable

Yeah I know about the dailies and stuff, just weird cause I know for sure that my first like 10-12 games or so I was getting 100 gold each. I would have been totally cool with that earn rate. I'll give the brawl a try though, just really upset that gold dropped off a cliff like that

You'll get more per game if you play versus real people too, but ya I can see why you'd be upset. I don't remember ever getting that kind of gold per game but maybe it does do that for your first 10 games or something idk.

Chu8 is about to play a blindfolded mingLee hero league game. Prepare the Reddit post now!
Alur
Member
(01-16-2017, 08:47 AM)
Alur's Avatar
Ketch and I played three games of Quick Match (or "makes me want to vomit", as he calls it) and just rolled em. I love playing Artanis in Quick Match.

plz dont nerf
Syf
Banned
(01-16-2017, 08:57 AM)
Really though I think that's a big "oh my god what" moment for any new player, seeing all the heroes and vast majority of them locked. Must look pretty daunting to try unlocking them all and I'm sure many of them just say screw it, I'll stick to other games. The gold gain is good these days with dailies and brawls but yeah. I sort of definitely really hope they have other plans in the future and just make all the heroes free like Overwatch or Dota 2
Zackat
Member
(01-16-2017, 09:13 AM)
I wouldn't doubt that they want to do that, but they would have to recompense people in some way that bought heroes. I would be fine with it, but if they didn't have some kind of recompense the subreddit would collectively lose its mind. It is pretty amazing when you log in and see all the heroes unlocked. It should really be that way.
Alur
Member
(01-16-2017, 09:29 AM)
Alur's Avatar
I don't see any way that it could happen in an reasonable time nor that they would want to. After all, this is more or less League of Legends' model and it's doing well for both parties. Making everything free would run into compensation problems, as Zackat said, and it'd severely cut into the bottom line. Heroes are where they get paid.

I do believe that you're right that it's a turn off, but it's been a turn off even when there were 20 less heroes than now. People who get flustered by that likely weren't gonna spend money on the game anyway. They will conceivably have to find a way to make getting heroes more accessible since they don't have the following League does, but that can be easily worked around with sales and bundles and promotions like this weekend.
Brakke
Banned
(01-16-2017, 10:08 AM)
They've been pretty good about ratcheting up your gold gain, too. Heroes level to five super quick now, it's very easy to take two or three to five during a week. If you can satisfy your quests using free heroes and you do the Brawl, you can easily rack up 4000 gold in a week.
Zackat
Member
(01-16-2017, 10:55 AM)
I'm anxious to see the new progression plans they have. It could be great.
scoobs
Member
(01-16-2017, 11:04 AM)
scoobs's Avatar
Ya the new progression system and whatever the loot tab is is either going to be awesome or game ruining cancer. I'm hoping Blizzard is smart enough to avoid ruining the game with more microtransactions but we will see.
Milly79
Member
(01-16-2017, 12:56 PM)
Milly79's Avatar

Originally Posted by Alur

Ketch and I played three games of Quick Match (or "makes me want to vomit", as he calls it) and just rolled em. I love playing Artanis in Quick Match.

plz dont nerf

It's hilarious what one change did.
Familienoberhauptvogel
Banned
(01-16-2017, 01:08 PM)

Originally Posted by Milly79

It's hilarious what one change did.

He hot multiple, the dash swaps and Shields activating from 75% on.
Milly79
Member
(01-16-2017, 02:51 PM)
Milly79's Avatar
The dash swap is the only one I'm concerned about
Kioshen
Member
(01-16-2017, 02:53 PM)
Kioshen's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hugstable

Yeah I know about the dailies and stuff, just weird cause I know for sure that my first like 10-12 games or so I was getting 100 gold each. I would have been totally cool with that earn rate. I'll give the brawl a try though, just really upset that gold dropped off a cliff like that

Not every hero is 10k. Most are in the 7k range and below. If you only do dailies in AI you get more than 10k per three weeks which is what the new hero cycle is. It doesn't count the gold gain from matches or the new amount from brawls. I also don't count the 500G you get from getting a hero to level 5 which quickly add up. Starting out you get 6 free access to heroes during the week. However each time you hit a level milestone with your account (5, 7, 12, 15) you get an additional hero added to your list for a total of 10. Sadly you missed the nexus challenge period that would have enabled you to get 5 free heroes. If you are past level 5 it is also too late for a recruit a friend feature that could have given you 2 heroes and a 5 day stim pack.

The real gold gain drop is when you get account level 40 and all your heroes to level 5. Even then I easily keep up with the hero releases and gold to spare to start eyeing that gold sink mount.

Originally Posted by Milly79

The dash swap is the only one I'm concerned about

The dash swap made the hero more fun and enabled plays that weren't available but it's not the biggest change. 75% health shield activation is huge for his survivability which he was lacking because once he commits he has to stay. Built-in zealot charge on twin blades was also huge to enable him to be a real sticky brawler and not be kited out of range.
Milly79
Member
(01-16-2017, 03:34 PM)
Milly79's Avatar
Idk I feel like he's either super killable or unkillable. Whereas before the changes he was a fucking nightmare for whatever reason.

Regardless, I still stand by the dash swap being the most op thing about it. Being able to cast it in whatever direction while he's flying at you makes it pretty hard to dodge, plus it goes through units and if he has the double swap. Gat damn.
brian!
Member
(01-16-2017, 04:28 PM)
brian!'s Avatar
Dash swap for sure the best thing about him, shield change allows him to do it in all types of situations

Glad there is another rag free week, i wanna buy him but im prtty sure nerfs will be incoming
Milly79
Member
(01-16-2017, 04:31 PM)
Milly79's Avatar
Let's talk about chromie
Kioshen
Member
(01-16-2017, 04:32 PM)
Kioshen's Avatar
Chromie sucks, blows and everything in between.
Familienoberhauptvogel
Banned
(01-16-2017, 04:47 PM)
Yass Dragon Queen.
Milly79
Member
(01-16-2017, 05:13 PM)
Milly79's Avatar
How do you get good at chromie? I never have any success with her

Thread Tools