• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Sayad
Member
(02-17-2017, 06:51 PM)
Sayad's Avatar
Man, I get that the game has a lot of faults, but some people just let themselves go when attacking it. According to Vesperarcade, recycled Laura animation for Kolin's overhead, omg so lazy:


LuciusAxelrod
Member
(02-17-2017, 06:51 PM)
LuciusAxelrod's Avatar

Originally Posted by FluxWaveZ

...

Thanks for the advice. You're right, I have too many bad habits. Bad habits just seem like the hardest thing to train away, you know? It's just something I do without even thinking about it at this point and to get rid of it I have to learn to think about it again. I might have to implement some applied behavior analysis on myself to get around this.
Last edited by LuciusAxelrod; 02-17-2017 at 06:53 PM.
sixteen-bit
Member
(02-17-2017, 06:52 PM)
sixteen-bit's Avatar

Originally Posted by lucebuce12

Nah, THIS is footsies: https://twitter.com/INFILTRATION85/s...22159105101824

😂😂😂
lucebuce12
Member
(02-17-2017, 06:56 PM)
lucebuce12's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sayad

Man, I get that the game has a lot of faults, but some people just let themselves go when attacking it. According to Vesperarcade, recycled Laura animation for Kolin's overhead, omg so lazy:

You'd think with how much real stuff there is to bitch about, one wouldn't have to make stuff up or nitpick.
CountBlack
(02-17-2017, 06:57 PM)
CountBlack's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sayad

Man, I get that the game has a lot of faults, but some people just let themselves go when attacking it. According to Vesperarcade, recycled Laura animation for Kolin's overhead, omg so lazy:

I mean.. just by watching her for a bit I saw a few normals that reminded me of others. I didn't watch the video but from memory I saw her share a similar animation to; Karin's cr.MP, her fwd.MK being Laura's overhead, Sweep being Guile's sweep but I'll let that slide, her cr.MK kinda reminds me of Mika's cr.LK but a lot slower ofc

wouldn't be surprised to see some recycled animations for the newer characters going forward tbh
mbpm1
Member
(02-17-2017, 06:57 PM)
mbpm1's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sayad

Man, I get that the game has a lot of faults, but some people just let themselves go when attacking it. According to Vesperarcade, recycled Laura animation for Kolin's overhead, omg so lazy:

I thought it was Elena's overhead

make it as good as Elena's overhead capcom
Reizo Ryuu
Member
(02-17-2017, 06:58 PM)
Reizo Ryuu's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sayad

Man, I get that the game has a lot of faults, but some people just let themselves go when attacking it. According to Vesperarcade, recycled Laura animation for Kolin's overhead, omg so lazy:

All walking animations are recycled too, all feet move back and forth.
Edzi
Member
(02-17-2017, 06:58 PM)
Edzi's Avatar

Originally Posted by CountBlack

I mean.. just by watching her for a bit I saw a few normals that reminded me of others. I didn't watch the video but from memory I saw her share a similar animation to; Karin's cr.MP, her fwd.MK being Laura's overhead, Sweep being Guile's sweep but I'll let that slide, her cr.MK kinda reminds me of Mika's cr.LK but a lot slower ofc

wouldn't be surprised to see some recycled animations for the newer characters going forward tbh

They're not technically recycled, but they're definitely similar to a lot of moves we already have in the cast. That st. MK is shared by like 4 characters at this point.
Ryce
Member
(02-17-2017, 07:05 PM)
Ryce's Avatar

Originally Posted by CountBlack

I mean.. just by watching her for a bit I saw a few normals that reminded me of others. I didn't watch the video but from memory I saw her share a similar animation to; Karin's cr.MP, her fwd.MK being Laura's overhead, Sweep being Guile's sweep but I'll let that slide, her cr.MK kinda reminds me of Mika's cr.LK but a lot slower ofc

wouldn't be surprised to see some recycled animations for the newer characters going forward tbh

With 20+ characters, certain animations are going to coincidentally resemble others no matter what. There are only so many ways for a martial artist to perform a jab or a low kick or a sweep. The problem comes when people blame those similarities on laziness and accuse Capcom of recycling animations. I have a pretty good eye for finer details, and Kolin doesn't have a single recycled animation in her move set. I'm sure of it.
BlitzKeeg
Member
(02-17-2017, 07:05 PM)
BlitzKeeg's Avatar

Originally Posted by Reizo Ryuu

All walking animations are recycled too, all feet move back and forth.

Don't even get me started with Akuma. Straight up reskin of Ryu smh
MrCarter
Member
(02-17-2017, 07:05 PM)
MrCarter's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sayad

Man, I get that the game has a lot of faults, but some people just let themselves go when attacking it. According to Vesperarcade, recycled Laura animation for Kolin's overhead, omg so lazy:

He's a cool guy but bores me to sleep half the time. Talks way too much about way too little. Capcom are not NRS whereby they will recycle animations from one game and use it in another.
Last edited by MrCarter; 02-17-2017 at 07:08 PM.
TheSpoiler
Member
(02-17-2017, 07:07 PM)
TheSpoiler's Avatar
Why do all the DPs of the shotos look the same. WTF?
CountBlack
(02-17-2017, 07:08 PM)
CountBlack's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheSpoiler

Why do all the DPs of the shotos look the same. WTF?

why doesn't akuma's regular DP have a black shade :(
Last edited by CountBlack; 02-17-2017 at 07:48 PM.
mooncakes
Member
(02-17-2017, 07:16 PM)
mooncakes's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sayad

Man, I get that the game has a lot of faults, but some people just let themselves go when attacking it. According to Vesperarcade, recycled Laura animation for Kolin's overhead, omg so lazy:

she also seem to have Cammy's Standing MK.
Ucchedavāda
Member
(02-17-2017, 07:16 PM)
Ucchedavāda's Avatar
There's probably a Necalli out there who thinks that I just rage-quit on them. Lost the connection during our 3rd, final match, just after they had KO'd me in a one-sided first round. I wanted that fight :(
mbpm1
Member
(02-17-2017, 07:20 PM)
mbpm1's Avatar

Originally Posted by CountBlack

why isn't akuma's regular DP have a black shade :(

No invincibility
Gr1mLock
Passing metallic gas
(02-17-2017, 07:21 PM)
Gr1mLock's Avatar
I miss the shadow trails behind supers effect.
Pompadour
Member
(02-17-2017, 07:24 PM)
Pompadour's Avatar

Originally Posted by Gr1mLock

I miss the shadow trails behind supers effect.

Wait until Yun and Yang make it into SFV in 2022.
Producer
Member
(02-17-2017, 07:26 PM)
Producer's Avatar
Anyone wanna play for a bit?

Cfn 765production
FluxWaveZ
Member
(02-17-2017, 07:30 PM)
FluxWaveZ's Avatar

Originally Posted by Producer

Anyone wanna play for a bit?

Cfn 765production

I can play. Hopping on now.
Kashiwaba
Member
(02-17-2017, 08:21 PM)
Kashiwaba's Avatar
My ps+ expired today but somehow Sony is offering free online play this week that's nice :)
hey_it's_that_dog
benevolent sexism
(02-17-2017, 08:23 PM)
hey_it's_that_dog's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sayad

Man, I get that the game has a lot of faults, but some people just let themselves go when attacking it. According to Vesperarcade, recycled Laura animation for Kolin's overhead, omg so lazy:

They're obviously different. Laura's lets you look down her top and Kolin's lets you look up her skirt.
Skilletor
Member
(02-17-2017, 08:25 PM)
Skilletor's Avatar

Originally Posted by hey_it's_that_dog

They're obviously different. Laura's lets you look down her top and Kolin's lets you look up her skirt.

#priorities
direct_quote
Member
(02-17-2017, 08:27 PM)
direct_quote's Avatar

Originally Posted by hey_it's_that_dog

They're obviously different. Laura's lets you look down her top and Kolin's lets you look up her skirt.

Capcom knows its audience well... Her first idle stance when she's hunched over lookes like Mika's too.
mbpm1
Member
(02-17-2017, 08:29 PM)
mbpm1's Avatar

Originally Posted by direct_quote

Capcom knows its audience well... Her first idle stance when she's hunched over lookes like Mika's too.

The Ultimate Waifu

Mika's stance
Karin's blonde features
Laura's overhead
Zangief's accent
hey_it's_that_dog
benevolent sexism
(02-17-2017, 08:29 PM)
hey_it's_that_dog's Avatar
i think her target combo is very Ibuki-ish.
KidA Seven
Member
(02-17-2017, 08:32 PM)
KidA Seven's Avatar

Originally Posted by lucebuce12

Nah, THIS is footsies: https://twitter.com/INFILTRATION85/s...22159105101824

This is some bullshit Infil.


Daigo didn't mess up because parrying was too difficult for him.


We'll be back Infil. Shit isn't over.
MCD250
Member
(02-17-2017, 08:35 PM)

Originally Posted by direct_quote

Capcom knows its audience well... Her first idle stance when she's hunched over lookes like Mika's too.

Originally Posted by mbpm1

The Ultimate Waifu

Mika's stance
Karin's blonde features
Laura's overhead
Zangief's accent

Originally Posted by hey_it's_that_dog

i think her target combo is very Ibuki-ish.

She has Cammy's pantslessness too.


Capcom officially creatively bankrupt.
CountBlack
(02-17-2017, 08:35 PM)
CountBlack's Avatar

Originally Posted by KidA Seven

This is some bullshit Infil.


Daigo didn't mess up because parrying was too difficult for him.


We'll be back Infil. Shit isn't over.

we? ddr squad on deck
Ucchedavāda
Member
(02-17-2017, 08:38 PM)
Ucchedavāda's Avatar

Originally Posted by mbpm1

The Ultimate Waifu

Mika's stance
Karin's blonde features
Laura's overhead
Zangief's accent

Poison's win-pose (kinda).
allintospace
Member
(02-17-2017, 08:44 PM)
allintospace's Avatar

Originally Posted by MrCarter

He's a cool guy but bores me to sleep half the time. Talks way too much about way too little.

I thought I was the only one who thought this, what a relief. I unsubscibed from Vesp recently as he drags out videos on the smallest and insignificant shit, usually days after the rest of the web (GAF) has exhausted discussion on the same issue. Maxamillion is another I got sick of very quickly.
Pompadour
Member
(02-17-2017, 08:49 PM)
Pompadour's Avatar

Originally Posted by allintospace

I thought I was the only one who thought this, what a relief. I unsubscibed from Vesp recently as he drags out videos on the smallest and insignificant shit, usually days after the rest of the web (GAF) has exhausted discussion on the same issue. Maxamillion is another I got sick of very quickly.

I like Vesper and he did a great job dissecting early SFV footage when we had almost no info on how the game worked but I literally did fall asleep last night watching his 3rd Kolin breakdown. I appreciate the effort, though. If I want to find out all about a new character but don't want to dig through dozens of forum posts Vesper is a gpod option.
Lulubop
Member
(02-17-2017, 08:53 PM)
Lulubop's Avatar

Originally Posted by BlitzKeeg

Don't even get me started with Akuma. Straight up reskin of Ryu smh



Originally Posted by Gr1mLock

I miss the shadow trails behind supers effect.

Real talk, shadow trails are like my favorite thing in any game.

Yun will be in season 3 and he'll be top tier.
Last edited by Lulubop; 02-17-2017 at 08:57 PM.
MrCarter
Member
(02-17-2017, 08:59 PM)
MrCarter's Avatar

Originally Posted by allintospace

I thought I was the only one who thought this, what a relief. I unsubscibed from Vesp recently as he drags out videos on the smallest and insignificant shit, usually days after the rest of the web (GAF) has exhausted discussion on the same issue. Maxamillion is another I got sick of very quickly.

Trust me. You're not. He literally picks apart every single frame and talks with about it with the most mundane voice possible. He's good for people who like that sort of thing though. Also, don't make me get started on Maxi-clickbait-millian.
ScraftyDevil
Member
(02-17-2017, 09:01 PM)
ScraftyDevil's Avatar
I honestly feel kinda bad for Maximilian; he's a fun guy to listen to and his Week Of battle compilations are a great way to learn some tech for a character you're just starting, but the way YouTube awards monitization means he has to stretch discussion videos out for waaaaaaay longer than necessary a lot of the time. It may seem ridiculous when he spends like 15 minutes discussing on tiny tidbit or info or an unverified rumour but I s'pose you've gotta make that YouTube money somehow if you create content for a living.
Edzi
Member
(02-17-2017, 09:04 PM)
Edzi's Avatar

Originally Posted by ScraftyDevil

I honestly feel kinda bad for Maximilian; he's a fun guy to listen to and his Week Of battle compilations are a great way to learn some tech for a character you're just starting, but the way YouTube awards monitization means he has to stretch discussion videos out for waaaaaaay longer than necessary a lot of the time. It may seem ridiculous when he spends like 15 minutes discussing on tiny tidbit or info or an unverified rumour but I s'pose you've gotta make that YouTube money somehow if you create content for a living.

That's honestly not even the part that turned me off from him, it was mainly the streaming/reaction fake hype videos. That stuff is super transparent, and I've never liked streamer culture where they're basically begging for money and spending most of the stream profusely thanking all the saps who are giving them money for nothing.
Village
Member
(02-17-2017, 09:05 PM)
Village's Avatar

Originally Posted by mbpm1

The Ultimate Waifu
Just C Viper, Viper is the shit

I fixed it
sixteen-bit
Member
(02-17-2017, 09:06 PM)
sixteen-bit's Avatar
Wonder when we'll see Viper again. Season 3?
Edzi
Member
(02-17-2017, 09:07 PM)
Edzi's Avatar

Originally Posted by sixteen-bit

Wonder when we'll see Viper again. Season 3?

I'm willing to bet S3 is where we'll see all the returning characters from the story mode. Abel, Oro, Viper, Ed, Decapre, etc.
ScraftyDevil
Member
(02-17-2017, 09:07 PM)
ScraftyDevil's Avatar

Originally Posted by Edzi

That's honestly not even the part that turned me off from him, it was mainly the streaming/reaction fake hype videos. That stuff is super transparent, and I've never liked streamer culture where they're basically begging for money and spending most of the stream profusely thanking all the saps who are giving them money for nothing.

Eh, if people want to support a personality they enjoy then they can. It's a bit irritating yeah, but I'm not gonna disparage something that I don't have to take part in.
Edzi
Member
(02-17-2017, 09:08 PM)
Edzi's Avatar

Originally Posted by ScraftyDevil

Eh, if people want to support a personality they enjoy then they can. It's a bit irritating yeah, but I'm not gonna disparage something that I don't have to take part in.

The main problem isn't really the people who donate, but the streamers who encourage it with the attention.
mbpm1
Member
(02-17-2017, 09:09 PM)
mbpm1's Avatar
Season 3 for sure as a cutscene in someone else's story mode where she dies
Lulubop
Member
(02-17-2017, 09:09 PM)
Lulubop's Avatar

Originally Posted by Edzi

I'm willing to bet S3 is where we'll see all the returning characters from the story mode. Abel, Oro, Viper, Ed, Decapre, etc.

I would say Sagat and Sak are locks but then again I was sure they'd be locks for s2.
mnz
Member
(02-17-2017, 09:11 PM)

Originally Posted by sixteen-bit

Wonder when we'll see Viper again. Season 3?

MvC:I?
Numb
(02-17-2017, 09:13 PM)
Numb's Avatar

Originally Posted by mnz

MvC:I?

Don't waste one of the few Capcom slots on her
Pompadour
Member
(02-17-2017, 09:31 PM)
Pompadour's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lulubop

I would say Sagat and Sak are locks but then again I was sure they'd be locks for s2.

I'm still holding out a glimmer of hope that Sagat and/or Sakura are in S2 as one of the few surprises Ono said he'd reveal around E3/Evo. Not that I like the characters but they're obvious inclusions that we need to get out of the way before we can get the characters I like.

Maybe if S2 is 85% new characters then the rest of the future DLC will be veterans. That would be 9 new characters and SF4 only had 10 out of 44 in their lineup.
sixteen-bit
Member
(02-17-2017, 09:34 PM)
sixteen-bit's Avatar

Originally Posted by Edzi

I'm willing to bet S3 is where we'll see all the returning characters from the story mode. Abel, Oro, Viper, Ed, Decapre, etc.

Hakan get hype
Nemesis121
Member
(02-17-2017, 09:37 PM)
Nemesis121's Avatar

Originally Posted by Numb

Don't waste one of the few Capcom slots on her

Give me El Fuerte...
mooncakes
Member
(02-17-2017, 09:41 PM)
mooncakes's Avatar
I dont understand the hate for Viper. Why do people dislike her?

Her superjump and feints cancel makes her feel like an anime character in a street fighter game.

I would hate to see Viper in SF 5 since they might maker her move casuals friendly and less complex like Ibuki.
FluxWaveZ
Member
(02-17-2017, 09:41 PM)
FluxWaveZ's Avatar
GGs earlier, Producer. You know, I think I'm gonna spend more time with Balrog. What'd you think when I played him? The thing that people don't realize is that playing Mika can be pretty stressful. Low health, difficult to get in with, needs to take risks to get anything going and she needs to make it count once she gets in.

But with Balrog, I feel like I'm constantly threatening, I have good health and I don't need to be taking crazy gambles all the time. Feels good, and I like the MU more against Chun using him.

Thread Tools