• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Vazra
irresponsible vagina leak
(02-01-2017, 03:27 AM)

Originally Posted by hardcastlemccormick

You'll get your Sonic 06 news and like it.

Why not Sonic Boom?
Arulan
(02-01-2017, 03:30 AM)

Originally Posted by zkylon

srsly an obsidian deus ex game would've been great

What about an Obsidian Vampire: The Masquerade?
Rayge
(02-01-2017, 03:34 AM)

Originally Posted by Durante

Nights of Azure is... bizarre.

I was extremely annoyed at first since the game launcher doesn't let you select a resolution higher than 1080p, but then...

....Sooo... I need to go into the registry to edit the resoltuion?
hardcastlemccormick
(02-01-2017, 03:34 AM)

Originally Posted by Vazra

Why not Sonic Boom?

Too recent.
Sarcasm
(02-01-2017, 03:36 AM)
Almost at the end of cny fam trip. Soon back to pc. Think I will grab Conan exiles.
Vazra
(02-01-2017, 03:39 AM)

Originally Posted by Rayge

By the looks of things yes.
zkylon
zkylewd
(02-01-2017, 03:40 AM)

Originally Posted by Baron_Calamity

Maybe. I still think the Aliens RPG was our greatest loss.

idk, another fallout by obsidian is something that i think about a lot

but yea aliens rpg looked good
Vazra
(02-01-2017, 03:42 AM)
I want a Fata Morgana fighter.Make Morgana OP
Durante
Come on down to Durante's drivethru PC port fixes. 15 minutes or less. Yelp: ★★★★★

Fixed Souls, Deadly Premonition, Lightning Returns, Umihara Kawase, Symphonia, Little King's Story, PhD, likes mimosas.
(02-01-2017, 03:43 AM)

Originally Posted by Rayge

Unless they change the launcher, if you want more than 1920x1080, then yeah.
claytonlee101
(02-01-2017, 03:45 AM)

Originally Posted by Nyteshade517

put their name up and details so people know not to deal with them

I've only ever dealt with 1 person on there a few times and have never had any issues

He was impersonating another user, had the same avatar, name, and linked to their rep page. There were many red flags and I was super uncomfortable but I idiotically went through with the trade. Of course as soon as he claimed the keys he blocked me and set his profile to private. I found his real Steamtrade account and sure enough it has negative feedback. Seems like he is still scamming: https://www.steamtrades.com/user/76561198045831532
Alo81
Low Poly Gynecologist
(02-01-2017, 03:53 AM)

I was extremely annoyed at first since the game launcher doesn't let you select a resolution higher than 1080p, but then...

That just kinda left me mouth agape.

....wh...why??
Tall4Life
(02-01-2017, 04:01 AM)

Originally Posted by hardcastlemccormick

You'll get your Sonic 06 news and like it.

The port will also be locked at 600p, run at sub 30 on a GTX 1080, and be always online for some strange reason.

I actually really enjoyed Sonic 06 so I'd love it
Rayge
(02-01-2017, 04:01 AM)

Unless they change the launcher, if you want more than 1920x1080, then yeah.

What's the 60,87 numbers for?

I guess it's at least better than nothing. You can probably still force SGSSAA as well.
Tektonic
(02-01-2017, 04:09 AM)
So I'm not at my PC, but the humble Namco is all repeats from last time? At least the cheapy tiers?

Also: praise to the creator of that script that blocks threads by title. No more switch/Trump clogging up my screen...
uncredited male
(02-01-2017, 04:12 AM)
That feeling when you kill a raider and then notice they are really hot.

I screwed up my Fallout 4 game and have to start over. I got to get some evil out of the way before I meet some of the good companions. Such is life.
Shengar
(02-01-2017, 04:15 AM)
Another case of weird-ass port of KT. But I guess if it can changed from the registry and it's playable at 60fps, then they perhaps can patch it to support resolution above 1080p.
Pachimari
(02-01-2017, 04:15 AM)
I need to complete Resident Evil 7 this month so I can be ready for the incoming DLC. I am enjoying it a whole lot.
rainking187
(02-01-2017, 04:28 AM)

Originally Posted by Tektonic

So I'm not at my PC, but the humble Namco is all repeats from last time? At least the cheapy tiers?

Also: praise to the creator of that script that blocks threads by title. No more switch/Trump clogging up my screen...

No, just Enslaved and Ace Combat are repeats from the last Namco bundle and Project Cars is a repeat from a Humble Monthly bundle.
gabbo
(02-01-2017, 04:30 AM)

Originally Posted by Arulan

What about an Obsidian Vampire: The Masquerade?

Didn't a lot of Troika go onto form Obsidian anyway? Or is my history a little off?
zkylon
zkylewd
(02-01-2017, 04:31 AM)

Originally Posted by gabbo

Didn't a lot of Troika go onto form Obsidian anyway? Or is my history a little off?

history is a little off

ex black isle members founded both troika and obsidian, with some ex troika members later joining obsidian also after troika went down

all of these developers made great games
gabbo
(02-01-2017, 04:36 AM)

history is a little off

ex black isle members founded both troika and obsidian, with some ex troika members later joining obsidian also after troika went down

all of these developers made great games

Ah. thank you for the correction.
Shengar
(02-01-2017, 04:46 AM)
I don't feel much confidence on Obsidian after Avellone left the team tbh. His philosophy and outlook is the antithesis of Josh Sawyer, and dialectic between the two kept their ideals in check and in turn makes their games more interesting (the stark contrast between Fallout New Vegas and its subsequent DLCs being the prime example). It shame really since the two really complement each other to makes great RPGs (Sawyer with his worldbuilding and Avellone with his character), and now they have split apart.
Backlogger
(02-01-2017, 04:49 AM)
Hmm not sure any of the OT games are in my wheelhouse. Guess I'll keep playing Overwatch
zkylon
zkylewd
(02-01-2017, 04:49 AM)

Originally Posted by Shengar

I don't feel much confidence on Obsidian after Avellone left the team tbh. His philosophy and outlook is the antithesis of Josh Sawyer, and dialectic between the two kept their ideals in check and in turn makes their games more interesting (the stark contrast between Fallout New Vegas and its subsequent DLCs being the prime example). It shame really since the two really complement each other to makes great RPGs (Sawyer with his worldbuilding and Avellone with his character), and now they have split apart.

idk, mca is obviously a fantastic writer and storyteller but he didn't write everything in obsidian games

i would rather he was still working there for sure but i believe they'll pull ahead without him
hardcastlemccormick
(02-01-2017, 04:51 AM)

Originally Posted by Tall4Life

I actually really enjoyed Sonic 06 so I'd love it

I'll say this, Sonic 06 is the best drinking game ever made. The rules and permutations are endless, and it's a fun game to watch.

idk, mca is obviously a fantastic writer and storyteller but he didn't write everything in obsidian games

i would rather he was still working there for sure but i believe they'll pull ahead without him

I agree with this. There's definitely a narrative direction, but let's not forget the writing team.
Arulan
(02-01-2017, 04:52 AM)
Chris Avellone is an excellent designer and writer, but even without him, I still feel Obsidian is more likely to produce games I'm interested in that most other developers out there.
texhnolyze
(02-01-2017, 05:04 AM)
What's the best way to quick-sell my Steam cards on Firefox?

Steam Database works, but the quick-sell doesn't. And Firefox prevents Enhanced Steam from installing.
Teggy
(02-01-2017, 05:30 AM)

Originally Posted by texhnolyze

What's the best way to quick-sell my Steam cards on Firefox?

Steam Database works, but the quick-sell doesn't. And Firefox prevents Enhanced Steam from installing.

Steam economy enhancer uses Greasemonkey, which is on Firefox, right?
Arulan
(02-01-2017, 05:33 AM)
Got to love Steam's download servers.

Shalashaska
(02-01-2017, 05:40 AM)

Originally Posted by Arulan

Got to love Steam's download servers.

Geeze, you move that decimal place to the left one spot and I'm lucky if I hit that for 30 seconds (the fake download boost I think)
Sarcasm
(02-01-2017, 05:51 AM)
I feel like buying a game when I finally get home from this fam CNY event.

What to buy..
Battlechili1
(02-01-2017, 05:54 AM)

I hope you're telling KT in advance any issues you have with Sophie/Azure so they can fix it. Save the game before release
Last edited by Battlechili1; 02-01-2017 at 05:56 AM.
texhnolyze
(02-01-2017, 05:54 AM)

Originally Posted by Teggy

Steam economy enhancer uses Greasemonkey, which is on Firefox, right?

Hmm.. it's been a while since I fiddled with Greasemonkey stuff. I guess I'll try, thanks.

Originally Posted by Sarcasm

I feel like buying a game when I finally get home from this fam CNY event.

What to buy..

Tales of Berseria.
Sarcasm
(02-01-2017, 05:57 AM)

Originally Posted by texhnolyze

Hmm.. it's been a while since I fiddled with Greasemonkey stuff. I guess I'll try, thanks.

Tales of Berseria.

That is too deep for me >.<
Vazra
(02-01-2017, 05:58 AM)

Originally Posted by Sarcasm

That is too deep for me >.<

Get Tales of Berseria
CarbonatedFalcon
(02-01-2017, 06:09 AM)
I think this is the first time The Witcher 3 Expansion Pass has been on sale at a reasonable price compared to the GotY edition.

So I finally picked that up. When I'll get to it, who knows.

Also bought Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander the other day (on sale), which I guess just had a pretty big update? Looks cool enough. I'll try it out this weekend probably.
Tektonic
(02-01-2017, 06:12 AM)

Originally Posted by rainking187

No, just Enslaved and Ace Combat are repeats from the last Namco bundle and Project Cars is a repeat from a Humble Monthly bundle.

Thanks.
NingenJanai
(02-01-2017, 06:26 AM)
February, nice, can't wait for the new Yoshi game on 3DS that comes out this week.
Also hope the new humble monthly has nice games.
Last edited by NingenJanai; 02-01-2017 at 06:31 AM.
Rayge
(02-01-2017, 06:33 AM)

Another case of weird-ass port of KT. But I guess if it can changed from the registry and it's playable at 60fps, then they perhaps can patch it to support resolution above 1080p.

K-T doesn't release patches for its games.
Corpekata
(02-01-2017, 06:36 AM)
Nights of Azure isn't worth the headache of hacking/patching. Just be glad the other game looks half decent port wise.
Anteater
(02-01-2017, 06:41 AM)
Enjoying TiTS so far, but man I've been procrastinating I have a lot of work piled up, I don't think I could finish it before Atelier

I'm also kind of broke lmao
LurkerPrime
(02-01-2017, 07:00 AM)
Resolution set in the registry? Why would they do this???

I dunno, I feel like Obsidian is one of the few developers to really get how to implement story, choice, and dialog (e.g. roleplaying) in games for a looong time now; and this makes me think it isn't just one person, but everyone there that is encouraging it. Like, as unfortunate as Avellone leaving is, I figure they'll be OK--Tyranny is proof of this.

...I still think Avellone is wasted on Prey.
Crimsonclaw111
(02-01-2017, 07:02 AM)
Came back from school, got RE7 loading. Birthday saved
Rhaknar
The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
(02-01-2017, 07:02 AM)
feels like im the lst person on earth still playing at 1080p around here lol. Or its just another case of silent majority syndrome.

is Azure 60fps at least?
Ganado
(02-01-2017, 07:08 AM)

Originally Posted by Rhaknar

feels like im the lst person on earth still playing at 1080p around here lol. Or its just another case of silent majority syndrome.

is Azure 60fps at least?

I'm with you boyo.
Boss Doggie
Banned
(02-01-2017, 07:10 AM)
hell I play in windowed mode
texhnolyze
(02-01-2017, 07:19 AM)

is Azure 60fps at least?

Steam hardware survey says otherwise. 1080p is still the majority with 720p (768p) on the close 2nd.
Dessart
(02-01-2017, 07:23 AM)
Valve's Destinations now has Geocaching, among other things. You can "wear" what you find. Kinda cool.

Battlechili1
(02-01-2017, 07:44 AM)

is Azure 60fps at least?

I'm 1080p too. If I had any higher resolution I might need to seriously consider a better graphics card.
Wallach
(02-01-2017, 07:55 AM)
Might be a dumb question but I don't see any controls for this in the Steam settings:

When I turn off my Elite controller (hold down Guide button for ~10 seconds) it seems to maximize the Steam window from the taskbar. How do I stop it from doing this?