• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

nicoga3000
Saint Nic
(02-07-2017, 07:35 PM)
nicoga3000's Avatar

Originally Posted by awp69

Yeah, I've had this happen too. That and the buttons in general aren't as responsive as should be.

It's ashame. Great game but port was not DotEmu's finest by any means and don't think it's had an update in ages so doubt it will get another.

------

PC Game Supply has a flash sale on iTunes credit (US). $10 for $7. Only lasts another 6 hours.

https://mobile.pcgamesupply.com/special-promotion/

I've bought PSN credit from them before. It's legit.

Is there a fix for this issue? I have another 2 hour flight coming up in 45 minutes. I want something to play and TQ was supposed to be my jam after getting back into Grim Dawn.
Matt Frost
Member
(02-07-2017, 08:07 PM)
Matt Frost's Avatar

Originally Posted by Grim Patron

Ldit: also spelltower in search shows as me owning it normally? are oyu all still seeing BUY again?

I am still seeing BUY but is 2$, so buying now...
awp69
Member
(02-07-2017, 08:41 PM)
awp69's Avatar

Originally Posted by nicoga3000

Is there a fix for this issue? I have another 2 hour flight coming up in 45 minutes. I want something to play and TQ was supposed to be my jam after getting back into Grim Dawn.

Not that I'm aware of, unfortunately.
Tunesmith
formerly "chigiri"
(02-07-2017, 09:07 PM)
Tunesmith's Avatar

Originally Posted by Matt Frost

Got an answer from Mr Gage. He says that what is happening is not normal at all, he hasnt pulled the app at any time and should be on our purchase history. He doesnt understand like me. Probably Apple with their weirdness. If you guys are going to buy it again for the update (like me), you should buy it now because when the update hits it will go up a dollar. From 2 to 3$

Not bothering. I'm not invested enough in that game to care. Lost re-engagement I guess due to whatever issue is going on but I'll live.
awp69
Member
(02-07-2017, 09:27 PM)
awp69's Avatar
Damn that Lords of the Fallen game is actually already out at $9.99 and has IAPs. For what looks like a crappy imitation of Infinity Blade, that's not going to happen.
Matt Frost
Member
(02-07-2017, 09:28 PM)
Matt Frost's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tunesmith

Not bothering. I'm not invested enough in that game to care. Lost re-engagement I guess due to whatever issue is going on but I'll live.

Me too, but the Miriam-Webster deal hyped me again enough to buy it, if not, I wouldn't re-buy it as well. I remember it being a bit wacky because of the lack of a dictionary (in Spanish of course, but now I have my iPhone in English, so it wont be an issue no more)
Pachimari
Member
(02-07-2017, 09:42 PM)
Pachimari's Avatar

Originally Posted by Grim Patron


edit: also spelltower in search shows as me owning it normally? are oyu all still seeing BUY again?

I don't see it as BUY? I already own it though.
jtb
the walrus
(02-07-2017, 09:47 PM)
jtb's Avatar
any reviews for voyageur yet? the concept sounds like it scratches a very particular itch of mine (and is a perfect fit for mobile)... though it's all about the execution, I suppose.
nampad
Member
(02-08-2017, 12:05 AM)
nampad's Avatar

Originally Posted by Grim Patron

Lords of the Fallen for iOS? wut https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TH3m...ature=youtu.be

edit: also spelltower in search shows as me owning it normally? are oyu all still seeing BUY again?

I thought it was a real port, instead I saw a crappy Infinity Blade clone and I already disliked Infinity Blade.
Matt Frost
Member
(02-08-2017, 12:07 AM)
Matt Frost's Avatar
I bought SpellTower again, it was like I never bought it before. Very strange... but cant wait for the update xD
More_Badass
My indie-sense is tingling
(02-08-2017, 04:24 AM)
More_Badass's Avatar
Lords of the Fallen, $9.99
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lord...n/id1176867432
killercow
Member
(02-08-2017, 09:00 AM)
killercow's Avatar
Stagehand: A Reverse Platformer by Big Bucket Software (The Incident, Space Age) is out:
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/stag...977536934?mt=8

Platformer Heart Star by AdventIslands (Duke Dashington, Super Dangerous Dungeons) is out:
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/heart-star/id1159003700

Miss Fisher and the Deathly Maze by Tin Man Games:
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/miss..../id1087271099
Last edited by killercow; 02-08-2017 at 02:32 PM.
awp69
Member
(02-08-2017, 04:19 PM)
awp69's Avatar
Wow. Dandy Dungeon got 5/5 from Shaun Musgrave. It really is a game that deserves more attention. As Shaun did, I love the quirky humor and heart the game has along with the way it cleverly adds depth over time.

Great game that I highly recommend giving a shot.
Matt Frost
Member
(02-08-2017, 04:47 PM)
Matt Frost's Avatar
Crescent Moon new game Maze Lord also released as well, with a 30% off sale

https://appsto.re/es/kSBshb.i
killercow
Member
(02-08-2017, 06:48 PM)
killercow's Avatar
The Warlock of Firetop Mountain will release on February 22nd:
https://toucharcade.com/2017/02/08/t...-release-date/
More_Badass
My indie-sense is tingling
(02-08-2017, 06:50 PM)
More_Badass's Avatar

Originally Posted by killercow

The Warlock of Firetop Mountain will release on February 22nd:
https://toucharcade.com/2017/02/08/t...-release-date/

This is a good month
Oynox
Member
(02-08-2017, 06:52 PM)
Oynox's Avatar

Originally Posted by More_Badass

Lords of the Fallen, $9.99
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lord...n/id1176867432

is this the full game?
More_Badass
My indie-sense is tingling
(02-08-2017, 06:54 PM)
More_Badass's Avatar

Originally Posted by Oynox

is this the full game?

No, it's Infinity Blade style
awp69
Member
(02-08-2017, 06:58 PM)
awp69's Avatar
Gotta redownload AirAttack 2. Curious to see how landscape mode is with the new update.
PittaGAF
Member
(02-08-2017, 07:14 PM)
PittaGAF's Avatar

Originally Posted by killercow

The Warlock of Firetop Mountain will release on February 22nd:
https://toucharcade.com/2017/02/08/t...-release-date/


FINALLY.
whyamihere
Member
(02-08-2017, 07:34 PM)
whyamihere's Avatar
I've been playing a lot of Pixel Craft. Surprisingly great, and I'm not really a huge shooter fan.
Saucycarpdog
Member
(02-08-2017, 09:04 PM)
Saucycarpdog's Avatar
Dual stick shooter Soul Knight coming next week:

http://toucharcade.com/2017/02/08/soul-knight-trailer/

I'm getting serious Enter the Gungeon vibes from that trailer.
Matt Frost
Member
(02-08-2017, 09:13 PM)
Matt Frost's Avatar

Originally Posted by Saucycarpdog

Dual stick shooter Soul Knight coming next week:

http://toucharcade.com/2017/02/08/soul-knight-trailer/

I'm getting serious Enter the Gungeon vibes from that trailer.

I have Enter the Gungeon (my indie 2016 GOTY, thanks for M_B for pushing me to get it!) on my PS4 and anything that resembles that game is a must have for me. Awesome news. Cant wait :D

...Soul Knight is missing the dodge roll EtG has... also reading online that is a clone... well, if the real thing isnt coming to iOS this will be the next best thing...

Full Gameplay video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExoeMjEq4Go
awp69
Member
(02-08-2017, 09:15 PM)
awp69's Avatar

Originally Posted by Saucycarpdog

Dual stick shooter Soul Knight coming next week:

http://toucharcade.com/2017/02/08/soul-knight-trailer/

I'm getting serious Enter the Gungeon vibes from that trailer.

I've played it on Android where it's in early access. Not bad but far from being as good as Enter the Gungeon. Auto-aim kinda kills the fun too IMO.
Matt Frost
Member
(02-08-2017, 09:17 PM)
Matt Frost's Avatar

Originally Posted by awp69

I've played it on Android where it's in early access. Not bad but far from being as good as Enter the Gungeon. Auto-aim kinda kills the fun too IMO.

Yeah the real thing is amazing, a favorite of mine. For me, not even Binding of Isaac can compete with Enter the Gungeon, but If it fills the void and is playable I am ok with it.
More_Badass
My indie-sense is tingling
(02-08-2017, 09:18 PM)
More_Badass's Avatar

Originally Posted by Matt Frost

Yeah the real thing is amazing, a favorite of mine. For me, not even Binding of Isaac can compete with Enter the Gungeon, but If it fills the void and is playable I am ok with it.

Enter The Gungeon feels like a hybrid of Binding of Isaac and Nuclear Throne. Not completely one or the other, but grabs elements from both to deliver its own unique take
Matt Frost
Member
(02-08-2017, 09:24 PM)
Matt Frost's Avatar

Originally Posted by More_Badass

Enter The Gungeon feels like a hybrid of Binding of Isaac and Nuclear Throne. Not completely one or the other, but grabs elements from both to deliver its own unique take

Aha didnt think of NC... so thats why I like it more, more frantic, more frenetic like Nuclear Throne. And that dodge roll. Cant wait :D
awp69
Member
(02-08-2017, 09:43 PM)
awp69's Avatar

Originally Posted by Matt Frost

Aha didnt think of NC... so thats why I like it more, more frantic, more frenetic like Nuclear Throne. And that dodge roll. Cant wait :D

If you're referring to Soul Knight, I'd check those expectations. I'll have to go back and try it again to pinpoint exactly what I didn't like about it (other than the auto-aim) but it is definitely not as good as Enter the Grungeon. Just didn't want you to get too excited.
jon bones
Banned
(02-08-2017, 10:54 PM)
jon bones's Avatar
picked up Guild of Dungeering before the price increase

only 3 more weeks til switch...
Matt Frost
Member
(02-08-2017, 11:04 PM)
Matt Frost's Avatar
I really hope Nintendo ports The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX to iOS! That would be amazing...

Originally Posted by awp69

If you're referring to Soul Knight, I'd check those expectations. I'll have to go back and try it again to pinpoint exactly what I didn't like about it (other than the auto-aim) but it is definitely not as good as Enter the Grungeon. Just didn't want you to get too excited.

Thanks... I trust your opinion so if you say so I am lowering my expectations...
Last edited by Matt Frost; 02-08-2017 at 11:11 PM.
awp69
Member
(02-08-2017, 11:21 PM)
awp69's Avatar

Originally Posted by Matt Frost

I really hope Nintendo ports The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX to iOS! That would be amazing...



Thanks... I trust your opinion so if you say so I am lowering my expectations...

Yeah, played it a few minutes again. It's supposed to have tons of weapons and stuff but the gameplay itself is rather limited.

The auto-aim and lack of any dodge mechanics just kill the fun. It's still challenging because there are tons of bullets and enemies that you need to weave in and out of. But nothing great to me.
Matt Frost
Member
(02-08-2017, 11:39 PM)
Matt Frost's Avatar

Originally Posted by awp69

Yeah, played it a few minutes again. It's supposed to have tons of weapons and stuff but the gameplay itself is rather limited.

The auto-aim and lack of any dodge mechanics just kill the fun. It's still challenging because there are tons of bullets and enemies that you need to weave in and out of. But nothing great to me.

Not good. Auto-aim.... ok... maybe... if the controls arent good is not bad, but the lack of dodge roll is bad... watched some gameplay videos and without that is not the same game as the one they are aiming to emulate... hopes diminishing...
Grim Patron
Member
(02-09-2017, 03:59 AM)
Grim Patron's Avatar
spelltower update is out. same game/app so no need to purchase it again (at least for me).

multiplayer over internet, 6/6+ etc, 12" pro support with 2 at once or something, etc
Daigoro
Member
(02-09-2017, 05:57 AM)
Daigoro's Avatar

Originally Posted by awp69

The already way too cheap Rush Rally 2 is down to $.99. If you like rally racing at all, it's a must buy. Easily the best in the genre on mobile (and amazing made by one person!).

thanks for this post. i finally bought this game. its amazing.

Originally Posted by killercow

The Warlock of Firetop Mountain will release on February 22nd:
https://toucharcade.com/2017/02/08/t...-release-date/

oh man, thats exciting. totally buying this asap. hope it plays ok on an SE.
Matt Frost
Member
(02-09-2017, 11:34 AM)
Matt Frost's Avatar
After the Chinese New Year event (got everything on time) on Rodeo Stampede developer Featherweight added a new breed system that tasks you with finding compatible pairs of animals on the stampede and making them have a baby that it will follow you on the stampede and give you small buffs. SO AWESOME!!! <3 <3 <3 <3!!!
educator
Member
(02-09-2017, 11:56 AM)
educator's Avatar
Hi,

I travel a lot in work and am looking for two types of games:

RPGs
Generelly cool and fun games that you can play on shorter flights

The only requirement I have is that they do not need an internet connection.

If you have any tips, please let me know. F2P or not doesn't matter. I am so out of the loop and would like to have some games to play when I travel. Podcasts doesn't cut it any longer.
jon bones
Banned
(02-09-2017, 12:16 PM)
jon bones's Avatar

Originally Posted by educator

Hi,

I travel a lot in work and am looking for two types of games:

RPGs
Generelly cool and fun games that you can play on shorter flights

The only requirement I have is that they do not need an internet connection.

If you have any tips, please let me know. F2P or not doesn't matter. I am so out of the loop and would like to have some games to play when I travel. Podcasts doesn't cut it any longer.

cop a Switch in 3 weeks
Matt Frost
Member
(02-09-2017, 12:24 PM)
Matt Frost's Avatar

Originally Posted by educator

Hi,

I travel a lot in work and am looking for two types of games:

RPGs
Generelly cool and fun games that you can play on shorter flights

The only requirement I have is that they do not need an internet connection.

If you have any tips, please let me know. F2P or not doesn't matter. I am so out of the loop and would like to have some games to play when I travel. Podcasts doesn't cut it any longer.

No need for a switch since iOS has some of the best games around. You can start with Wayward Souls (iOS exclusive), Oceanhorn (The closest thing to Zelda on iOS), Titan Quest, Icewind Dale, Baldurs Gate, every Final Fantasy from 1 to 9, Secret of Mana, Dragon Quest,... there are a lot of options as you can see...
nicoga3000
Saint Nic
(02-09-2017, 02:26 PM)
nicoga3000's Avatar
How are the various LEGO games on iOS? LOTR is on sale and I see a few other interesting titles.
FerranMG
Member
(02-09-2017, 05:18 PM)
FerranMG's Avatar

Originally Posted by Matt Frost

After the Chinese New Year event (got everything on time) on Rodeo Stampede developer Featherweight added a new breed system that tasks you with finding compatible pairs of animals on the stampede and making them have a baby that it will follow you on the stampede and give you small buffs. SO AWESOME!!! <3 <3 <3 <3!!!

I thought it was cool too, but find it pretty confusing.
What determines when you'll get a match?
How can you find out what you can breed?
Matt Frost
Member
(02-09-2017, 06:30 PM)
Matt Frost's Avatar

Originally Posted by FerranMG

I thought it was cool too, but find it pretty confusing.
What determines when you'll get a match?
How can you find out what you can breed?

There are a few animals on the stampede that have a "Match" thing over their heads (similar to "NEW"), you have to collect them individually and hope to find both matches. Then in the ship you can breed them. Took me a while to figure it out as well, same with the Chinese New Year, scratched my head until I found the dragon in the stampede... they explain only the basics.
NeoRaider
Member
(02-09-2017, 08:18 PM)
NeoRaider's Avatar
Chameleon Run is now FREE.
awp69
Member
(02-10-2017, 01:06 AM)
awp69's Avatar
Picked up Thirteen Souls. Pretty good action / martial arts game that's getting some comparisons to FF Dissidia in terms of gameplay. I've actually ever played a Dissidia game but the combat feels like Devil May Cry to me -- except they're one on one battles (still fully open 3D).

Story mode mixes in some city building / conquest type stuff that I personally am not all that into and wish it had been just focused on the combat aspects but others might like that part.

Best thing is that it's premium, looks and plays fantastic with fluid combat. It's not a fully AAA game but it's fun and just $2.99.

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/M...127769353&mt=8
Erebus
Member
(02-10-2017, 02:57 AM)
Erebus's Avatar

Originally Posted by NeoRaider

Chameleon Run is now FREE.

Looks like a lot of fun. Thanks for the heads-up!
Saucycarpdog
Member
(02-10-2017, 03:54 AM)
Saucycarpdog's Avatar
Is postknight any good?
Matt Frost
Member
(02-10-2017, 10:39 AM)
Matt Frost's Avatar
Why did I gave a chance to (had so many votes for GoTY I had to try it) Clash Royale? Now Im hooked! Damn! I really like it... I see green gems and that worries me but the rest is really good...
killercow
Member
(02-10-2017, 10:54 AM)
killercow's Avatar

Originally Posted by Matt Frost

Why did I gave a chance to (had so many votes for GoTY I had to try it) Clash Royale? Now Im hooked! Damn! I really like it... I see green gems and that worries me but the rest is really good...

For a F2P game it's quite balanced, at least in the early stages.
Matt Frost
Member
(02-10-2017, 11:21 AM)
Matt Frost's Avatar

Originally Posted by killercow

For a F2P game it's quite balanced, at least in the early stages.

Yeah I am progressing and just unlocked the IAP... an arena 1 super magical chest costs around 10$... mmmmm.... If I spend 100$ I will only get 10 chests... not good
killercow
Member
(02-10-2017, 11:25 AM)
killercow's Avatar

Originally Posted by Matt Frost

Yeah I am progressing and just unlocked the IAP... an arena 1 super magical chest costs around 10$... mmmmm.... If I spend 100$ I will only get 10 chests... not good

The only thing worth spending money on is the "special offers" that will pop-up at some point when you get to a higher arena.

Thread Tools