hot hot hanuman-on-man action
(02-17-2017, 04:43 AM)
just picked up ink spotters

seems like a neat story to dig into

More_Badass
My indie-sense is tingling
(02-17-2017, 04:49 AM)

Originally Posted by Saucycarpdog

Swap Sword and Yankai's Triangle look interesting.

Yankai's Triangle will last you many many hours, and will surprise you with new mechanics even after those many many hours

Swap Sword is a pretty cool hybrid of tactical roguelike and match-3

Originally Posted by jon bones

just picked up ink spotters

seems like a neat story to dig into

I...completely missed this. It looks right up my alley
Daigoro
(02-17-2017, 05:25 AM)
Ink Spotters looks pretty cool

Originally Posted by Saucycarpdog

Swap Sword and Yankai's Triangle look interesting.

i pretty much hate match 3 games but i quite liked Swap Sword. they added awesome stickers too.
Last edited by Daigoro; 02-17-2017 at 05:30 AM.
Pachimari
(02-17-2017, 07:09 AM)
Xcom and Civilization Rev 2 are having big sales. Sid Meier's Starships is on sale too.

Bought Xcom, Hidden Folks, Slayaway Camp and Causality.
Last edited by Pachimari; 02-17-2017 at 07:27 AM.
Grim Patron
(02-17-2017, 07:21 AM)
Nimbus is here (finally!) and I just played 1 hour of Isaac on it. W E W.

Time to download all the mfi games and who wants to play MH freedom unite? :D
More_Badass
(02-17-2017, 07:49 AM)
Ink Spotters is really cool. It's like Her Story, but with Sherlock Holmes and an interactive comic
Grim Patron
(02-17-2017, 10:54 AM)

Originally Posted by More_Badass

Ink Spotters is really cool. It's like Her Story, but with Sherlock Holmes and an interactive comic

Sounds good. Will check tonight.

Hidden folks is great. Played it for a bit yesterday.
killercow
(02-17-2017, 02:27 PM)
Puzzle Game "Cosmic Express" by Tyu and Draknek (A Good Snowman is Hard to Build) is coming March 16th to iOS and Android:
https://cosmicexpressgame.com/
KingKong
(02-17-2017, 04:27 PM)
Hidden Folks is really cute
protonium
(02-17-2017, 05:47 PM)
I'm tempted to buy Hidden Folks. It looks like an awesome, digital Where's Waldo. How does it play on an iPhone Plus (versus an iPad)?

Ink Spotters looks interesting too.
RustyO
(02-17-2017, 06:44 PM)

Originally Posted by protonium

I'm tempted to buy Hidden Folks. It looks like an awesome, digital Where's Waldo. How does it play on an iPhone Plus (versus an iPad)?

Could always go for the NES version...

mrklaw
MrArseFace
(02-17-2017, 07:25 PM)
Can someone recommend a picross game that smartly handles switching between marking a square filled or marking with an X? So many I've tried you have to tap on an icon to select X or fill and then tap where you want to mark. Makes filling in lines annoying

I'd have thought someone would do it so eg I could simply tap outside the puzzle area to toggle the mark, or hold down a thumb outside of the puzzle area to switch to X and not pressing means you fill (equivalent of 3DS shoulder button)

Iphone seems perfect for picross but nothing quite fits the bill
jessecuster
(02-17-2017, 08:56 PM)
anyone else playing Star Wars: Force Arena? Any guilds?
More_Badass
(02-17-2017, 09:32 PM)
Nitrome's next game looks very interesting
https://youtu.be/uDmIZH_vuMY
Saucycarpdog
(02-17-2017, 09:50 PM)

While I do like Nitrome games and their charm I sometimes wish they would branch out a bit and do something besides platformers.
Matt Frost
(02-17-2017, 10:02 PM)

That looks AWESOME!! Cant wait!!
awp69
(02-17-2017, 11:46 PM)
One of my favorite early iOS games, Hyperlight, is out in an EX version after coming to 3DS. Supposedly has enhanced graphics and improved controls.

Only $.99 as a launch price so I snagged it again. May even double dip on Android for my Shield TV since it has controller support.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hype...x/id1163546035
yophlow
developer
(02-18-2017, 12:42 AM)
Hey all, is it appropriate to post about pre-release betas here? Looking for testers at the moment for an online iOS game (servers, room balance tests etc) and this is obviously the thread with the most relevant audience. Don't want to spam or break any rules, but wasn't sure if that would be permissible. Either way, all good!
More_Badass
(02-18-2017, 03:16 AM)

Originally Posted by yophlow

Hey all, is it appropriate to post about pre-release betas here? Looking for testers at the moment for an online iOS game (servers, room balance tests etc) and this is obviously the thread with the most relevant audience. Don't want to spam or break any rules, but wasn't sure if that would be permissible. Either way, all good!

Yeah, it's fine in this thread.
wonderpug
(02-18-2017, 03:04 PM)

Originally Posted by jessecuster

anyone else playing Star Wars: Force Arena? Any guilds?

Yup! Guild is called "GAF"
Pachimari
(02-18-2017, 04:19 PM)
Oddworld: Munch's Odyssey and Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath are on sale for 99c each.
Saucycarpdog
(02-18-2017, 06:02 PM)
Downwell-like game Tower Fortress is releasing March 15th.

Trailer: https://youtu.be/vU5qhG13fxc
yophlow
developer
(Yesterday, 01:00 AM)

Yeah, it's fine in this thread.

We're making a game called Crash Club! I generally hate to make comparisons between different games and genres, but for now the simplest way to explain it is - Agar.io meets TwistedMetal/GTA. It's an online driving, crashing and combat game. Every other car is a real person.

Explore a full city, unlock SHITLOADS of cars, collect tokens to buy weapons in real time, and crash into everything for points. You can fight other cars or play defensively, ducking the streets and using turbo to escape.

Our team is no strange to mobile games. Designed by Luke Muscat, who is most known for creating and designing Fruit Ninja and Jetpack Joyride. Luke is one of the most well-known mobile designers out there, so this game is in good hands. Hugh Walters is Art Director, a dude who makes everything look incredible, and also worked on Fruit Ninja and countless other games for almost a decade now.

We're adding as many people as we can and running a large playtest this week to test room balance and our new combat tweaks. The game is pretty far along, and we're looking for any and all bugs and feedback you can throw at us. We can't get too many testers, so if you are interested in join the early community, that would be much appreciated!

To register, simply fill out this 30 second Google Form. It collects names and emails so i can easily import the csv to our TestFlight account. Also, fi you do sign up, please accept push notifications to we can send when playtests are live and other important announcements. We won't spam you with bullshit :)

Google Form - https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...mq8Bw/viewform
Quick video with some early gameplay here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjxZysffyyw

Rodney McKay
(Yesterday, 01:26 AM)
I wonder if Square Enix will have a Final Fantasy sale sometime soon for iOS. They've got a big sale on Steam right now and they had a sale going on PSN too recently.

It's almost been a year since Final Fantasy 9 came out on iOS and I just got a Appstore giftcard, and I want to buy it, but I can wait for it to go on sale again before jumping on it.
Eklesp
(Yesterday, 03:45 AM)

Originally Posted by Rodney McKay

I wonder if Square Enix will have a Final Fantasy sale sometime soon for iOS. They've got a big sale on Steam right now and they had a sale going on PSN too recently.

It's almost been a year since Final Fantasy 9 came out on iOS and I just got a Appstore giftcard, and I want to buy it, but I can wait for it to go on sale again before jumping on it.

That would be great. I want so badly to play through FF6 on my phone. The movement control drives me crazy though. I assume the others use the same type.
suffah
Does maths and stuff
(Yesterday, 03:17 PM)
Want to pick up Binding of Isaac but thinking maybe I should just grab it for Vita since physical buttons?

Thoughts? Is it a better experience with physical buttons or is touchscreen fine? Would prefer not to carry the Vita around if possible.
jon bones
hot hot hanuman-on-man action
(Yesterday, 03:31 PM)

Originally Posted by suffah

Want to pick up Binding of Isaac but thinking maybe I should just grab it for Vita since physical buttons?

Thoughts? Is it a better experience with physical buttons or is touchscreen fine? Would prefer not to carry the Vita around if possible.

i found it impossible to play on touch screen
suffah
Does maths and stuff
(Yesterday, 04:13 PM)

Originally Posted by jon bones

i found it impossible to play on touch screen

Thanks, never played it before but get the same impression. Will probably just grab the Vita version.
More_Badass
(Yesterday, 04:15 PM)

Originally Posted by suffah

I found it playable but Vita is definitely the better way to play it on the go
Saucycarpdog
(Yesterday, 05:45 PM)

Yankai's Triangle will last you many many hours, and will surprise you with new mechanics even after those many many hours

Swap Sword is a pretty cool hybrid of tactical roguelike and match-3

I...completely missed this. It looks right up my alley

So I did buy both Swap Sword and Yankais Triangle and their both really good. I played Yankais Triangle for the majority of my flight. I've thought I was burnt out on minimalist puzzlers but YT was simply brilliant and beautiful. Swap Sword was also a nice change of pace from regular match 3 games.