• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

TimeKillr
Member
(11-10-2011, 02:23 PM)
TimeKillr's Avatar

Originally Posted by Shouta

Supposedly, F and F Final are on the JPN PSN store.

I'll have to look. But even then, there's absolutely NO sign of A Portable or Z2 anywhere. :( It makes me sad I had to hack my Go to even play Z2 on it but it's worth it.

At least I'm not pirating it :)
HaRyu
Member
(11-10-2011, 03:05 PM)
HaRyu's Avatar

Originally Posted by Shouta

Supposedly, F and F Final are on the JPN PSN store.

Speaking of F and F Final, there's something about those games I have never been able to verify.

In F Final, on the back cover of the game, it shows Wing fighting EVA-03 (the black EVA that Touji is supppose to use in the TV anime). For the life of me, I have NEVER fought that mech in the game, and I've beaten F and F Final over a dozen times already.

I've read somewhere that you have to trigger some sort of "bad ending" to get it to pop up, but I have no idea what those requirements are.

And while we're on the subject of mystery crap in SRW games, Shin Super Robot Taisen aka Neo SRW (not to be confused w/ SRW NEO), when you go into the character profile section and browse through the characters, there's the a Laynzer enemy there, his name is Gosterro I think? Anyway, they show him twice in the profiles, one like how you see in that pic in the link, and then one where he more or less looks like this. I've beaten Shin SRW over a dozen times too, and I have NEVER gotten him to look like that.

Those two things have been annoying the hell out of me for years, and I'd love answers. :p
mjemirzian
Banned
(11-10-2011, 04:48 PM)
Yeah I have a Japanese PSN account and I can confirm F and FF are on PSN. I've purchased all the PSN SRWs thus far. I'm pretty sure if Z2.2 is still planned for release (and coming to PSP/Vita), they'll get Z2 on the PSN somehow, since they don't want to leave Vita owners out in the cold. A Portable or MX Portable isn't as likely, imo.

Originally Posted by HaRyu

In F Final, on the back cover of the game, it shows Wing fighting EVA-03 (the black EVA that Touji is supppose to use in the TV anime).

I've beaten Shin SRW over a dozen times too, and I have NEVER gotten him to look like that.

There is an Eva ending in FF, which is considered a bad end. The requirements are fairly obscure. Check this guide for details. If you've played F/FF a lot, have you ever tried to speedrun it?

I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about with Shin SRW, but have you completed the secret final mission called The Strength of Madness that you can only access after completing both the earth and space routes? Check the guide here.
Last edited by mjemirzian; 11-10-2011 at 05:03 PM.
TimeKillr
Member
(11-10-2011, 05:19 PM)
TimeKillr's Avatar

Originally Posted by mjemirzian

Yeah I have a Japanese PSN account and I can confirm F and FF are on PSN. I've purchased all the PSN SRWs thus far. I'm pretty sure if Z2.2 is still planned for release (and coming to PSP/Vita), they'll get Z2 on the PSN somehow, since they don't want to leave Vita owners out in the cold. A Portable or MX Portable isn't as likely, imo.

Well hopefully. What would kill me is if Z2.2 also has a Vita release - I bought the premium version of Z2 and I'd like to fill in the box, but I don't want to double dip on both versions... lol
HaRyu
Member
(11-10-2011, 06:20 PM)
HaRyu's Avatar

Originally Posted by mjemirzian

There is an Eva ending in FF, which is considered a bad end. The requirements are fairly obscure. Check this guide for details. If you've played F/FF a lot, have you ever tried to speedrun it?

Not necessarily a speedrun, but it takes me approximately 5 to 6 days to complete both games straight. If I playing those games individually, about 2 to 3 days.

Thanks for the link, I looked at the FAQ, and saw the requirements. Looks like the requirement I always kept messing up was having Rei's synch rate higher than Shinji's at the appropriate stage. Haven't played F and F Final lately, need to go dig up my copy... or maybe try and download it on PSN, so I won't need to pull out my PS1 again. :p

Originally Posted by mjemirzian

I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about with Shin SRW, but have you completed the secret final mission called The Strength of Madness that you can only access after completing both the earth and space routes? Check the guide here.

Yeah, I've pretty much unlocked every possible secret in Shin SRW, including that last stage. In that FAQ, they're calling the guy I'm talking about "Ghostelo" He's the guy in that secret last stage that's eaten by the Devil Gundam.

By what I'm talking about, at the Title Screen for the game, you should be able to access the Character Profile section (like most SRW games, there's a mecha profile section and a character profile section). If you look up Ghostelo/Gosterro, you'll see he has two entries. One entry shows how he looks for most of the game, normal looking human. The second entry portrait show him looking like a cyborg. I've have NEVER seen him sporting the cyborg look in the game. Its just such an annoying thing for me to be aware of, and I'd really love to know how to get him to sport the cyborg look, for sake of completion, because in my mind, I've only completed 99.99% of the game, and getting the cyborg look is that measly remaining .01%

BTW, is your JPN PSN account an alt account? I havent tried to buy anything on my alt JPN account yet, so I'm not really aware of any place to buy those JPN PSN tickets (unless all of a sudden, Sony JPN is accepting non-JPN credit cards).
mjemirzian
Banned
(11-10-2011, 11:10 PM)
Since the whole PSN hacking thing, Japanese PSN accepts foreign cards. Yeah, it doesn't make sense, maybe it just slipped through the cracks, but it works with my Canadian issued card. I've put a bunch of yen on it just in case they change their minds eventually.

I have no clue about 'cyborg Ghostello'. I would suggest searching for the kanji/katakana associated with it and see what you find in google search.

So what's your lowest FF turn count, then? Ever try a no upgrade run? I liked F/FF but only in an emulator where I could speed up the animations.
HaRyu
Member
(11-11-2011, 01:01 AM)
HaRyu's Avatar

Originally Posted by mjemirzian

Since the whole PSN hacking thing, Japanese PSN accepts foreign cards. Yeah, it doesn't make sense, maybe it just slipped through the cracks, but it works with my Canadian issued card. I've put a bunch of yen on it just in case they change their minds eventually.

I have no clue about 'cyborg Ghostello'. I would suggest searching for the kanji/katakana associated with it and see what you find in google search.

So what's your lowest FF turn count, then? Ever try a no upgrade run? I liked F/FF but only in an emulator where I could speed up the animations.

Oooh sweet, if they accept foreign cards now, I'll probably just buy all the SRW games on PSN.

My lowest FF turn count? God, I haven't touched F and F Final in years, last time I played them, was right before SRW Alpha came out, so I have absolutely no idea what my lowest turn count could be. I tend to be obsessed w/ trying to beat stages in the most efficient way possible, so I'm pretty sure I can get them low, but I don't recall how low I've gotten. As for a no upgrade run, I'm positive I've never done a no upgrade run. At most, at least for SRW F (not F Final), I can hold off on upgrading for a good 80% of the game, before I start spending credits on upgrades.
mjemirzian
Banned
(11-11-2011, 01:59 AM)

Originally Posted by HaRyu

Oooh sweet, if they accept foreign cards now, I'll probably just buy all the SRW games on PSN.

My lowest FF turn count? God, I haven't touched F and F Final in years, last time I played them, was right before SRW Alpha came out, so I have absolutely no idea what my lowest turn count could be. I tend to be obsessed w/ trying to beat stages in the most efficient way possible, so I'm pretty sure I can get them low, but I don't recall how low I've gotten. As for a no upgrade run, I'm positive I've never done a no upgrade run. At most, at least for SRW F (not F Final), I can hold off on upgrading for a good 80% of the game, before I start spending credits on upgrades.

Yeah I already bought all the SRW games on PSN. What I'm really looking forward to are Alpha and Alpha Gaiden. Even though I own the original PS discs, it's nice to be able to support SRW development directly by buying new.

I'm also obsessed with efficiency, so let's see what ya got. I recently finished a F/FF challenge run. No upgrades, no units destroyed, low turn counts, and no save/load spamming for low chances to hit or dodge.. 401 turns DC route, 403 turns Guest route. I don't think I'd be able to stand F/FF without being able to speed up animations, though.
HaRyu
Member
(11-12-2011, 04:37 AM)
HaRyu's Avatar

Originally Posted by mjemirzian

Yeah I already bought all the SRW games on PSN. What I'm really looking forward to are Alpha and Alpha Gaiden. Even though I own the original PS discs, it's nice to be able to support SRW development directly by buying new.

I'm also obsessed with efficiency, so let's see what ya got. I recently finished a F/FF challenge run. No upgrades, no units destroyed, low turn counts, and no save/load spamming for low chances to hit or dodge.. 401 turns DC route, 403 turns Guest route. I don't think I'd be able to stand F/FF without being able to speed up animations, though.

Gah, its been too long, I dont even remember w/c routes I prefer playing anymore. For some reason, I think my turn was around 410? My dislike of having units destroyed lets me get "no casualty" playthroughs. I draw the line at the "no save/load spamming". I use the quick reset/quick load feature a lot. :p

The only record I know I can do is completing Alpha Gaiden in two days, perfect skill point score, no casualties, and defeating the last boss in three turns or less (I think I the quickest I can do it is player phase, 2nd turn). And the only reason why I know I can defeat the last boss in three turns or less is because for a very long time, I was told that was what you had to do to get the fabled skill point for that stage.
PataHikari
Should quit gaming and do something he enjoys for once
(12-12-2011, 08:54 PM)

Originally Posted by mjemirzian

I'm also obsessed with efficiency, so let's see what ya got. I recently finished a F/FF challenge run. No upgrades, no units destroyed, low turn counts, and no save/load spamming for low chances to hit or dodge.. 401 turns DC route, 403 turns Guest route. I don't think I'd be able to stand F/FF without being able to speed up animations, though.

How is this even possible.
distantmantra
Member
(12-12-2011, 09:02 PM)
distantmantra's Avatar

Originally Posted by mjemirzian

Since the whole PSN hacking thing, Japanese PSN accepts foreign cards. Yeah, it doesn't make sense, maybe it just slipped through the cracks, but it works with my Canadian issued card. I've put a bunch of yen on it just in case they change their minds eventually.

Does this still work? Anyone in the states try it out?
mjemirzian
Banned
(12-13-2011, 01:40 PM)

Originally Posted by PataHikari

How is this even possible.

Well you can start by checking out my guide. Get some screenshots of the playthrough here. A lot of speed running early SRW games involves completing a scenario before reinforcements can show up, or sniping bosses to finish quickly. Just about all of the strats are covered in the guide but if you have any specific questions let me know.

Originally Posted by distantmantra

Does this still work? Anyone in the states try it out?

Haven't tried it recently.
Last edited by mjemirzian; 12-13-2011 at 01:51 PM.
PataHikari
Should quit gaming and do something he enjoys for once
(12-13-2011, 06:08 PM)

Originally Posted by mjemirzian

Well you can start by checking out my guide. Get some screenshots of the playthrough here. A lot of speed running early SRW games involves completing a scenario before reinforcements can show up, or sniping bosses to finish quickly. Just about all of the strats are covered in the guide but if you have any specific questions let me know.

It's not so much the concept that I find hard to understand, but the raw numbers.

F/F Final are quite possibly some of the most brutally hard SRWs around (of Modern ones, A Portable is the only one I can think comes close.). Not upgrading means that you'll have weaker weapons and mechs. And having a low turn count means that you have to rush things, which means you're lower leveled then you would be if you took your time, so your pilots are weaker too.

Finally, you did it without once having your underleveled, unupgraded characters get blown up.

It just sounds amazing to me and something I, frankly, wouldn't have the patience to do.
mjemirzian
Banned
(12-13-2011, 07:59 PM)

Originally Posted by PataHikari

It's not so much the concept that I find hard to understand, but the raw numbers.

F/F Final are quite possibly some of the most brutally hard SRWs around (of Modern ones, A Portable is the only one I can think comes close.). Not upgrading means that you'll have weaker weapons and mechs. And having a low turn count means that you have to rush things, which means you're lower leveled then you would be if you took your time, so your pilots are weaker too.

Finally, you did it without once having your underleveled, unupgraded characters get blown up.

It just sounds amazing to me and something I, frankly, wouldn't have the patience to do.

For no unit deaths, most of my tanking was done by the Eva crew's AT field and by Amuro/Shou who can stack evasion and reach 100%+ evade on most grunts. The F/FF AI chooses its targets by whatever unit it can do the most damage to as a percentage of it's HP, so it almost always chooses to attack the Evas or Shou which it can't damage. The AI is also rather primitive and won't deliberately focus fire. Staying alive is mostly about carefully placing your tanks and manipulating the AI into attacking them.

What annoyed me most about F/FF was the random sword cut procs, which are able to nullify almost any attack. I did have to reload a few times when an important hot blood attack was nullified by a boss, leaving me more or less screwed. That and being able to shield block any attack including ultimates. What's really annoying is that using Strike doesn't let you cancel sword cut or block, so you're still at the mercy of the RNG no matter how good your strategy is.

While I agree that F is one of the most difficult SRWs, FF is significantly easier for a number of reasons. Your gundam pilots quickly reach 30+ learn double act, 3x damage seishins, and get their best robots. Your super pilots get even better with more SP and further damaging attacks. Ideon is completely broken which makes the end game of FF (either route) easy. Most of FF is like a 4th SRW style speedrun where you stack Re-Enable and Awaken to see how fast you can blow through the levels, rather than a hard slog like most of F.
Last edited by mjemirzian; 12-13-2011 at 08:14 PM.
PataHikari
Should quit gaming and do something he enjoys for once
(12-13-2011, 08:03 PM)
I guess that makes sense, AT Field's a pretty powerful skill.

Originally Posted by mjemirzian


What annoyed me most about F/FF was the random sword cut procs, which is able to nullify almost any attack..


And yet that's still not as irritating sounding as SRW3's Beam Coat.

*uses Getter Beam*

*Enemy regains HP*

(I played SRW3. I needed therapy afterwords)
mjemirzian
Banned
(12-13-2011, 08:33 PM)

Originally Posted by PataHikari

I guess that makes sense, AT Field's a pretty powerful skill.




And yet that's still not as irritating sounding as SRW3's Beam Coat.

*uses Getter Beam*

*Enemy regains HP*

(I played SRW3. I needed therapy afterwords)

Beam Coats are at least 100% reliable so you can plan your strategy around them. Most ultimate attacks aren't beams, and grunts rarely have strong beam coats, so it's more a matter of matching your beam attacks up with the grunts and matching your ultimate attacks up with the bosses. I'm pretty sure Getta Beam isn't classified as a beam attack in 3rd SRW, but I might be wrong.
PataHikari
Should quit gaming and do something he enjoys for once
(12-13-2011, 08:37 PM)
It is.

Along with Breast Fire.

Which really sucks.

Pretty much any attack that "fires a beam" is considered one in SRW3. Unlike later games that made beam attacks just the beam guns that Gundams and other real types use
mjemirzian
Banned
(12-13-2011, 08:50 PM)
Yeah that does suck, but 3rd SRW is so easy to break in other ways that it didn't matter much to my playthrough. The only tough parts of 3rd SRW were the inspectors. Keep in mind that I've done that same F/FF challenge for all of the older SRWs thus far. See all of the guides/reviews here.
distantmantra
Member
(12-21-2011, 07:16 PM)
distantmantra's Avatar
Alpha and Alpha Gaiden are up on the Japanese Playstation store for 1,500 yen each.
mjemirzian
Banned
(12-22-2011, 03:00 AM)

Originally Posted by distantmantra

Alpha and Alpha Gaiden are up on the Japanese Playstation store for 1,500 yen each.

Thanks, that's great news.

My copy of SD Gundam Generation 3D shipped, but I don't have a JP 3DS to play it on. Not sure what to do about that yet.

US/Canadian credit cards still work on JP PSN as far as I know. I just bought Alpha/Alpha Gaiden using my Canadian credit card.
Last edited by mjemirzian; 12-22-2011 at 05:08 PM.
Bebpo
trying to mount a comeback
(01-01-2012, 11:55 PM)
Bebpo's Avatar
Now that it's 2012, I think it's time once again to look at the future of SRW. To be frank, I'm worried that as OG SRW is becoming more popular, Namco/Banpresto are cutting back on licensed SRW because the profit margin is way higher on OG stuff since there's no licensing fees.

Until 2011, we were getting yearly DS SRW games and then there was the Neo on the Wii and Z2-1 on PSP.

But what is announced in the pipeline right now? Lord of Elemental II in Jan, 2nd OGS in god knows when, and Z2-2 still far far away. It's been 3/4ths of a year since the last licensed SRW came out and we don't even have an announcement of a new one coming (Z2-2 is coming but until they officially announce it, it seems far far off).

I'm probably just overthinking things, but I really hope we get at least 1 licensed SRW game a year between all their SRW teams. Gotta start including some of the newer mecha shows!


Although I probably shouldn't be complaining since I still need to finish Alpha 3 (on some map in the low 40s after about 150 hours so far doing all branches in 1 run), and play OG Gaiden before the new SRWs hit.
mjemirzian
Banned
(01-02-2012, 02:07 AM)
There are no less than 5 SRWs in development:

[3DS] Super Robot Wars 3DS (working title)
No details yet.

[Vita] Super Robot Wars Franchise (working title)
It was listed in an official PDF as a "Franchise" game with a genre of "TBD", so it may be a fighting game or other spin-off.

[???] 2nd Super Robot Wars Z Saisei-hen
In development. Details and maybe release this year.

[PS3] 2nd Super Robot Wars OG
In development. More trailers and maybe release this year.

[PSP] Super Robot Wars OG Saga: Masou Kishin I & Masou Kishin II
2012/01/12 release

According to an end of year blog post by Terada, Z 2-2 and 2nd OG are being worked on full time, and we'll have a third 2nd OG trailer and news about Z 2-2 at an event on Mar 18, 2012. I don't know if the event will be streamed.

From a post by Daba Myroad at srwg-w.org: "Terada is telling all the people who finished Hakai Hen that they are 鋭意開発中です "earnestly/diligently developing" it, but he thinks that we prolly want to get Masoukishin I @ II which is gonna come out ahead in 2 weeks (and he's right). As for OGs2, he says that they are 引き続き開発中です "continuously/without break developing it" and that he apologizes to those who have been earnestly checking the blog for advanced notices and announcements regarding the release of said game."

SD Gundam G Generation 3D was just released, and that's a fairly major game. I'm not sure if N-B has to pay licensing fees for Gundam, but there are tons of gundam games being released or developed. I'd rather have more SRWs with more content rather than fewer SRWs that have more money tied up in licensing. I expect to see either 2nd OG or Z 2-2 released this year. Afterward we might get some info on the 3DS and Vita SRWs. I also expect to see a port of G Gen 3D to Vita or PSP. G Gen is a multiplatform series and unless Nintendo paid them for exclusivity, there's no reason they'd make a major release and leave it on a single platform.
Last edited by mjemirzian; 01-02-2012 at 02:11 AM.
Beth Cyra
Member
(01-02-2012, 03:09 AM)
Beth Cyra's Avatar
Still hyped for Z2 Part 2, but honestly Im kinda dying on SRW. The OG stuff can rot as far I go, I only play the series for seeing my favorite franchises mixed up.

Still got plenty of series I would like to see introduced but I doubt they will happen and the series they keep introducing are the stuff I really hate (Overman King Gainer and Eureka 7 are the two big ones here) so after the Z series I think I may just drop SRW all together.
mjemirzian
Banned
(01-02-2012, 05:09 AM)

Originally Posted by TruePrime

Still hyped for Z2 Part 2, but honestly Im kinda dying on SRW. The OG stuff can rot as far I go, I only play the series for seeing my favorite franchises mixed up.

Still got plenty of series I would like to see introduced but I doubt they will happen and the series they keep introducing are the stuff I really hate (Overman King Gainer and Eureka 7 are the two big ones here) so after the Z series I think I may just drop SRW all together.

I'm not familiar with anime so it might be interesting to see which recent mecha animes haven't been added to SRW yet.

In any case, I think the big hold up on new games is that they've been coasting on the same re-used low res sprites for the PS2/PSP for years, and now they've got to re-create almost everything in 720p for PS3, then downscale those 720p sprites for the handhelds.
Last edited by mjemirzian; 01-02-2012 at 06:07 AM.
Beth Cyra
Member
(01-02-2012, 05:50 AM)
Beth Cyra's Avatar

Originally Posted by mjemirzian

I'm not familiar with anime so it might be interesting to see which recent mecha animes haven't been added to SRW yet.

It's not so much recent stuff that hasn't been added. Actually the only thing recent that I would want they would switch Aquarion Tv for the Aquarion OVA.

My requests are either unpopular shows (KNM) other companies like Takara (Transformers) or Konami (ZOE) and just old stuff they haven't ever been able to use (Danguard Ace).
mjemirzian
Banned
(01-02-2012, 08:29 AM)
That seems unlikely. It looks like new mecha shows are getting rarer and rarer so if SRW is going to continue OG might be the best choice.

By the way I posted some end of year awards to my tactics game oriented blog Tactical Insights. I awarded SD Gundam G Generation 3D best 3DS/DS game, 2nd Super Robot Wars Z Hakai-hen best PSP game, and a runner-up award to SD Gundam G Generation World for Wii.
Beth Cyra
Member
(01-02-2012, 08:33 AM)
Beth Cyra's Avatar

Originally Posted by mjemirzian

That seems unlikely. It looks like new mecha shows are getting rarer and rarer so if SRW is going to continue OG might be the best choice.

By the way I posted some end of year awards to my tactics game oriented blog Tactical Insights. I awarded SD Gundam G Generation 3D best 3DS/DS game, 2nd Super Robot Wars Z Hakai-hen best PSP game, and a runner-up award to SD Gundam G Generation World for Wii.

I don't believe this to be the case.

More spread out maybe but there is plenty of mecha.

Also I don't think OG would be smart. ONe of the reasons OG likely does as well is well is because they build up and the releases are spread out.

If they go full OG and drop Anime they will lose alot of sales over the long term. Ceratinly they will have enough to build a fanbase now and maybe enlarge it, but they lose ablity to bring in new costumers as each new Mecha Gen pops up with the shows as well eventually having to many Unique characters they will either have to start dropping some or they themselves start to lose appeal.
mjemirzian
Banned
(01-04-2012, 11:01 PM)

Originally Posted by TruePrime

I don't believe this to be the case.

More spread out maybe but there is plenty of mecha.

Like what shows? I'm interested in what they might add to SRW in the future.

I doubt there's going to be enough interest in Masou Kishin II for PSP for its own OT, so I'll be posting any sort of experiences or discussion here.
distantmantra
Member
(01-05-2012, 12:38 AM)
distantmantra's Avatar

Originally Posted by mjemirzian

Like what shows? I'm interested in what they might add to SRW in the future.

Off the top of my head I can think of Xamd, Star Driver, Broken Blade, Gunpla Builders, and Gundam AGE.
Last edited by distantmantra; 01-05-2012 at 12:41 AM.
Bebpo
trying to mount a comeback
(01-05-2012, 12:49 AM)
Bebpo's Avatar
G Gundam games and Gundam games in general don't really appease my SRW tastes. I play SRW to experience all sorts of very different mecha shows mixed together. OG and Gundam are nice but they don't do that.

And 3DS/Vita SRW are vaporware until further announced. I'm pretty sure they just list them at the system reveals to show they plan to support them eventually. Like how SRW was listed for PS3 and now 6 years later we are finally getting one.

Right now there is Masou 2, Z2-2, and 2nd OGs in development and that's it as far as we know. Hopefully we'll know more at this March 18th conference, though March still feels so far away. I'm guessing we won't see 2nd OGs released by the next anniversary of SRW in April if the earliest they announce a date is March 18th.

I think 2nd OGs is going to be July, with Z2-2 in December or early 2013. If they take 2 full years to release Z2-2 after Z2-1 than they better be adding a lot of shows to it. I don't want to wait 2 years just to play the 2nd half of all the shows already in the first Z2. I'd want Gundam OO to go through the movie and Gundam Wing to go through EW for sure.

The reason I'd want a lot of new entry shows in Z2-2 is because if they take until 2013 to release it, the next major SRW with new entries (aka, Z3) won't be until 2015/16-ish which is so far away.

Originally Posted by mjemirzian

Like what shows? I'm interested in what they might add to SRW in the future.

I doubt there's going to be enough interest in Masou Kishin II for PSP for its own OT, so I'll be posting any sort of experiences or discussion here.

I'm picking Masou Kishin II up and will play through it, but I tied it with Tales of Innocence R on the 26th to save shipping, so I won't be playing it until the end of the month.
Bebpo
trying to mount a comeback
(01-05-2012, 12:58 AM)
Bebpo's Avatar

Originally Posted by distantmantra

Off the top of my head I can think of Xamd, Star Driver, Broken Blade, Gunpla Builders, and Gundam AGE.

Mazinger SKL, Diebuster, Gundam Unicorn (ongoing), Eva movies (ongoing; SRW L entry doesn't count, was half-assed), Aquarion Evol (about to start), Eureka Seven AO (about to start).

Probably missing a couple.
Lostconfused
I can make you pick a fight
With someone twice your size
(01-05-2012, 10:28 PM)
Lostconfused's Avatar
Just finished my first playthrough of SRW Z2, my first SRW game. So happy, now to go post in the GOTY 2011 thread put it down as my number 1.
zeroshiki
Member
(01-18-2012, 02:30 AM)
zeroshiki's Avatar
Cross posting from the Famitsu thread

Z2-2 confirmed for April 5, 7330 yen

New Confirmed Series (lol)

Gundam 00 (s2 I guess)
Tetsujin No 28
Macross Dynamite 7
Macross F Sayonara no Tsubasa
Code Geass R2
Tengen Toppa Guren Lagan Movie

New to Z:

Char's Counterattack
Macross 7

I am pissed that there's no Eva.
HaRyu
Member
(01-18-2012, 02:54 AM)
HaRyu's Avatar

Originally Posted by zeroshiki

Cross posting from the Famitsu thread

Z2-2 confirmed for April 5, 7330 yen

New Confirmed Series (lol)

Gundam 00 (s2 I guess)
Tetsujin No 28
Macross Dynamite 7
Macross F Sayonara no Tsubasa
Code Geass R2
Tengen Toppa Guren Lagan Movie

New to Z:

Char's Counterattack
Macross 7

SWEET. Need to go find scans now. Tetsujin No 28 is a shock, but I guess its fitting that the first giant robot anime finally gets into SRW. Not much else added though, other than Macross 7, although I kind of suspected the options would be limited, considering the overall plotline.

Originally Posted by zeroshiki

I am pissed that there's no Eva.

I'm pretty sure we're not gonna see EVA in SRW again until they release all the movies, so that's not that big of a surprise.
zeroshiki
Member
(01-18-2012, 02:59 AM)
zeroshiki's Avatar
The 3rd movie is coming in 2012 (maybe?).

Besides, they have enough material from the first 2 movies to have Eva show up.

I'm actually annoyed when I think that the next one (Z3 or new series) is gonna have as one of its main attractions Eva AND Gundam Age. I hope Banpresto forgets about Gundam Age and just does Unicorn.
HaRyu
Member
(01-18-2012, 03:07 AM)
HaRyu's Avatar
Just saw the scans, Tetsujin 28 makes me so happy. :p
Bebpo
trying to mount a comeback
(01-18-2012, 08:32 AM)
Bebpo's Avatar

Originally Posted by zeroshiki

The 3rd movie is coming in 2012 (maybe?).

Besides, they have enough material from the first 2 movies to have Eva show up.

I'm actually annoyed when I think that the next one (Z3 or new series) is gonna have as one of its main attractions Eva AND Gundam Age. I hope Banpresto forgets about Gundam Age and just does Unicorn.

Z3 will probably have Unicorn and AGE as well as Star Driver, Aquarion Evol, Mazinkaiser SKL, and possibly Eva 1.11-3.33, Diebuster, Break Blade, Eureka Seven AO.

And now that Tetsujin 28 has shown the licensing stuff has been resolved, maybe we can finally get ALL SEVEN EPISODES of Giant Robo represented in SRW.

Plus other old shows never before been in SRW.

As well as bring some of the shows introduced during the DS srws to full sprite/voiced level like Godanner, GunxSword, Fafner, etc...

And we still need to see V Gundam with some new sprites, since that and F91 are the only Gundams that haven't had sprites since the PS1 era.

Now obviously they won't be able to fit that many new shows into 1 game while bringing back a good chunk of the Z1/Z2 cast, so hopefully there is a side licensed SRW game between now and 2014/2015 when Z3 comes out that covers a few of them. Best bet would be a 3DS one or Vita one. /fingers crossed.

Will enjoy Z2-2 and 2nd OGs though while waiting for that packed SRW though.
Boss Doggie
Banned
(01-18-2012, 07:48 PM)
Boss Doggie's Avatar
The Tetsujin they used is the crappy 80's edition, not the awesome classic one.

ALSO FUCK YEAH BEST MACROSS IS INCLUDED! BASARA'S GONNA BRING SOME BITCHES!
Bebpo
trying to mount a comeback
(01-24-2012, 10:24 PM)
Bebpo's Avatar
So we have the first original (non-port) SRW for mobile. SRW Mobile for DOCOMO meaning none of us can play it anyways.

535yen a month for 3 stages a month.

Gunbuster
Evangelion 1.0 & 2.0
Gurren-Lagann
Daitarn 3
Zeta Gundam
Gundam ZZ
Char's Counterattack
Gaogaigar
Gundam Wing Endless Waltz
Gundam Seed
Code Geass & Code Geass R2
Shin Mazinger Z-hen
Combattler V
Voltes V
Daimos
Gaiking
Reideen
Dancougar

Cast list is pretty good. No new sprites most likely, just ripped from W/L/@3/Z/Z2.


http://www.suparobo.jp/srw_lineup/srw_m/index.html


I wanna play :( Why no iOS :(
Beth Cyra
Member
(01-25-2012, 12:35 AM)
Beth Cyra's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bebpo

So we have the first original (non-port) SRW for mobile. SRW Mobile for DOCOMO meaning none of us can play it anyways.

535yen a month for 3 stages a month.



Cast list is pretty good. No new sprites most likely, just ripped from W/L/@3/Z/Z2.


http://www.suparobo.jp/srw_lineup/srw_m/index.html


I wanna play :( Why no iOS :(

Damn I actually like this cast.

Really fucking pissed that the mobile is getting ZZ and it still isn't in Z.

Originally Posted by Bebpo

Z3 will probably have Unicorn and AGE as well as Star Driver, Aquarion Evol, Mazinkaiser SKL, and possibly Eva 1.11-3.33, Diebuster, Break Blade, Eureka Seven AO.

And now that Tetsujin 28 has shown the licensing stuff has been resolved, maybe we can finally get ALL SEVEN EPISODES of Giant Robo represented in SRW.

Plus other old shows never before been in SRW.

As well as bring some of the shows introduced during the DS srws to full sprite/voiced level like Godanner, GunxSword, Fafner, etc...

And we still need to see V Gundam with some new sprites, since that and F91 are the only Gundams that haven't had sprites since the PS1 era.

Now obviously they won't be able to fit that many new shows into 1 game while bringing back a good chunk of the Z1/Z2 cast, so hopefully there is a side licensed SRW game between now and 2014/2015 when Z3 comes out that covers a few of them. Best bet would be a 3DS one or Vita one. /fingers crossed.

Will enjoy Z2-2 and 2nd OGs though while waiting for that packed SRW though.

Got to admit, I will be really sad if they end up using Aquarion Evol before Aquarion OVA.

I will be interested to see how they do Kaizer SKL, though I fear that by the time I get Dizer and Kaiser in the same game it will feel like a copout and it will be Kaizer SKL and Dizer.

At this point I wouldn't mind them skipping Age, all I want is some Unicorn as far as Gundam's go, though I do wonder how long it will be before we see Glory of the Defeated or Frozen Teardrop suits make their way back in, the only time we have got EW/Ver Ka suits was A2 so after another 10 year wait for the TV story, I would like to see some unlockable suits from them.

Originally Posted by mjemirzian

Like what shows? I'm interested in what they might add to SRW in the future.

I doubt there's going to be enough interest in Masou Kishin II for PSP for its own OT, so I'll be posting any sort of experiences or discussion here.


Even though banned might as well answer.

As mentioned we got stuff like Gundam Age, Gundam Builders, Aquarion Evol, E7's new series, Eva Rebuilds, Kaizer SKL, Aquarion OVA.

More stuff that has been in DS entries that need full treatment like GunXSword, Steel God Jeeg, the new GaiKing, Eva Rebuild 1/2.

And if we ever get stuff like the long rumored Shin Great Mazinger then it wouldn't be long before that eventually made it in. Hell they could even choose to use some of the spin off stuff, I was hearing about a off shoot manga for OO and given it's popularity they could pull from it like all the Astray stuff from SEED.

So plenty of mecha to go around, more then they could use even if they wanted to stuff all the new stuff in one game. Though I wouldn't lie, I would give almost anythign to add Danguard and Kannazuki just because I want to see them in SRW.
Last edited by Beth Cyra; 01-25-2012 at 12:47 AM.
Boss Doggie
Banned
(01-25-2012, 12:45 AM)
Boss Doggie's Avatar
Nagahama series in mobile -_-

Fuck this.
HaRyu
Member
(01-25-2012, 01:44 PM)
HaRyu's Avatar

Originally Posted by TruePrime

Really fucking pissed that the mobile is getting ZZ and it still isn't in Z.

I was under the impression that unless they somehow pulled off an alternate universe thing again, they really couldn't pop Gundam ZZ into the SRWZ games, mainly because they used Zeta New Translation movies for the "Gundam" storyline, hence, totally retconning ZZ.

Not saying its impossible, just saying that the only way they can do it is if they do it that way (and they DID pull off an alt universe thing, aka SRW Z2).
Beth Cyra
Member
(01-25-2012, 08:40 PM)
Beth Cyra's Avatar

Originally Posted by HaRyu

I was under the impression that unless they somehow pulled off an alternate universe thing again, they really couldn't pop Gundam ZZ into the SRWZ games, mainly because they used Zeta New Translation movies for the "Gundam" storyline, hence, totally retconning ZZ.

Not saying its impossible, just saying that the only way they can do it is if they do it that way (and they DID pull off an alt universe thing, aka SRW Z2).

Exactly they did pull of an Alt Universe already. Even if we forget the fact that Chars Counter Attack wouldn't be as it in all likelyhood (I only bring this up because of Nu Gundam) the very fact that they we able to shift gears from Grendizer, Great Mazinger and Z to bring in Shin as well alt versions of Ryoma from Getter G to the more crazy version of him Arm.

At this point there is no reason they couldn't have brought in ZZ. Granted it's not as popular as alot of Gundams, still though it needs some of that Z loving. That and I will want to kill a someone if freaking Age makes it in Z3 and ZZ is left hanging.
Bebpo
trying to mount a comeback
(01-25-2012, 08:59 PM)
Bebpo's Avatar

Originally Posted by HaRyu

I was under the impression that unless they somehow pulled off an alternate universe thing again, they really couldn't pop Gundam ZZ into the SRWZ games, mainly because they used Zeta New Translation movies for the "Gundam" storyline, hence, totally retconning ZZ.

Not saying its impossible, just saying that the only way they can do it is if they do it that way (and they DID pull off an alt universe thing, aka SRW Z2).

It's really not that hard to change ZZ to work with Kamille still functioning. Honestly, Kamille being out of the picture only relates to the very first half of ZZ where they steal and pilot the Zeta Gundam. They can just change it so that Kamille goes off on some non-mech peace mission on Earth or something and is out of the picture.

If you want both in, you just say the mechanics built a spare Zeta Gundam for Kamille.
Shouta
(ノ`Д┤)ノ彡┻━┻
(01-25-2012, 09:12 PM)
Shouta's Avatar
Dimensional cloning of Zeta, the unit! =o
Beth Cyra
Member
(01-25-2012, 11:40 PM)
Beth Cyra's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bebpo

It's really not that hard to change ZZ to work with Kamille still functioning. Honestly, Kamille being out of the picture only relates to the very first half of ZZ where they steal and pilot the Zeta Gundam. They can just change it so that Kamille goes off on some non-mech peace mission on Earth or something and is out of the picture.

If you want both in, you just say the mechanics built a spare Zeta Gundam for Kamille.

Hell this coould also get rid of the part most people hate about ZZ and just stick with the good part.

If the can fix the mess that is Destiny they could pull off some amazing stuff with Judau and ZZ with Kamile up and moving.
HaRyu
Member
(01-26-2012, 03:19 AM)
HaRyu's Avatar

Originally Posted by Shouta

Dimensional cloning of Zeta, the unit! =o

If anything, I would prefer they bring over the other Kouji and Getter Team from the first SRW Z game, and have them co-exist w/ the ones who were introduced in Z2. Sure it would be confusing as hell, but I'd love it if that happened. :p
HaRyu
Member
(02-02-2012, 03:24 AM)
HaRyu's Avatar
SRWZ2.2 scans are out again. Only a two page spread, looks like we get to use Darry from Gurren Langann (yay!).

Other than that, shows off Lockon (Gundam 00), Gamlin (Macross 7), and Kallen (Geass).

Also looks like they detail the bonuses you get for carrying over your SRW Z2.1 save.
Jubern
Member
(02-04-2012, 12:26 PM)
Jubern's Avatar
Good day everyone. I've been activated yesterday and I'll probably get to post here a lot from now on!

On main topic, the first PV for Z2.2 was shown to some people today, and should go public on Monday, as planned. According to 2ch it shows :

A quick digest of Z2.1;
No CG movie;
Voiced battle scenes as follow :
- Mazinger Z God Scrander;
- Wing Gundam Zero;
- Shin Getter 1 (Ry˘ma, new cut-in for Getter Tomahawk);
- VF-25 Tornado Pack;
- Gurren Lagann (Simon & Viral);
- 00 Gundam;
- Lancelot Conquista;
- Fire Valkyrie (PLANET DANCE against Gamlin);
- VF-22-S (Gamlin - enemy is Vajra);
- Tetujin 28.
Followed by unvoiced bits :
- X Divider (Harmonica beam, new cut-in!);
- Guul (cutin for Blocken);
- Gundam Epyon (Milliardo, Heavyarms is an ally);
- Boss Borot (cut-in for Boss & co);
- Guren (Kallen in bunny suit...);
- Strike Freedom (new standalone cut-in);
- Belzelga;
- New Blasta-type mech (pilot is Esther);
- Yoko is her teacher outfit;
- Black Getter;
- Exia Repair;
- Ikaruga (Both Zero and ďgi are talking, what does it mean for Shinkir˘?)


And there you go. We now wait!
Bebpo
trying to mount a comeback
(02-04-2012, 07:28 PM)
Bebpo's Avatar
Nice, hoping for more and more Z1 units getting new/redone animations. Can't wait for the PV.

Thread Tools