• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

distantmantra
Member
(01-24-2017, 07:24 PM)
distantmantra's Avatar

Originally Posted by Blue-kun

Seems like the 2nd trailer for SRWV got posted in chinese (?). The main thing to note here is that it, uh, doesn't use the songs from the shows for each attack, replacing them with what I think are original tracks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdDamNVsHJM

I... just hope that won't be a thing in the full game for the SEA version? Or if it is that they'll still allow custom BGM, lol. It'd be really lame if licensing issues made it so that we couldn't get the 'original' soundtrack :/

That would suck, especially since the Asian version of G Gen Genesis has the same soundtrack.
Teknoman
Little Big NeoContra
(01-25-2017, 08:18 AM)
Teknoman's Avatar

Originally Posted by texhnolyze

Looking good!

So, is there any info yet whether screenshots/video recording feature will be disabled here or not like in Moon Dwellers?

Originally Posted by Absol

It's Namco, won't get my hopes up on any share functions usable lol

It still kills me that this is a thing....but at least screenshots weren't disabled.
Megalosaro
Member
(01-25-2017, 05:05 PM)
Megalosaro's Avatar
Which is historically stronger in these games. The TTGL or Ideon.

Has TTGL even been repped?
Lostconfused
I can make you pick a fight
With someone twice your size
(01-25-2017, 05:26 PM)
Lostconfused's Avatar
Ideon.

https://youtu.be/cNGJRDOQGhU

vs

https://youtu.be/0SsTROq6p0I

I think I've read somewhere Ideon can get Soul spirit command too, which isn't something super robot pilots get.
Last edited by Lostconfused; 01-25-2017 at 05:29 PM.
Shouta
(ノ`Д)ノ彡┻━┻
(01-25-2017, 05:37 PM)
Shouta's Avatar
Ideon is way stronger than Gurren Lagann in terms of gameplay. That shit is busted.
Loona
Member
(01-26-2017, 01:29 PM)
Loona's Avatar

Originally Posted by Megalosaro

Which is historically stronger in these games. The TTGL or Ideon.

Has TTGL even been repped?

It still hurts that Ideon was left out of the SRW Z finale (it was there for the finales of the classic Alpha series, it made sense to me that it'd do the same in Z), but I guess Z was Gurren Laggan's time to shine.
Boss Doggie
all my loli wolf companions are so moe
(01-26-2017, 02:41 PM)
Boss Doggie's Avatar

Originally Posted by Megalosaro

Which is historically stronger in these games. The TTGL or Ideon.

Has TTGL even been repped?

TTGL gets game over, nothing bad happens.

Ideon gets game over, not only do you get a game over, you get a really weird secret bad ending.

Also Ideon is a mecha where you do not need to fully upgrade and still deal maximum damage. Hell wasn't it recommended not to upgrade Ideon at all?
Loona
Member
(01-26-2017, 05:01 PM)
Loona's Avatar

Originally Posted by Boss Doggie

TTGL gets game over, nothing bad happens.

Ideon gets game over, not only do you get a game over, you get a really weird secret bad ending.

Also Ideon is a mecha where you do not need to fully upgrade and still deal maximum damage. Hell wasn't it recommended not to upgrade Ideon at all?

Probably in one of the games (SRW F Final?) where it could go berserk and attack everyone indiscriminately, not to mention the liability that are his infinite range attacks.
Blue-kun
Member
(01-26-2017, 06:00 PM)
Blue-kun's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tsukumo

Some footage from the Taipei game show, with what I assume to be the first/second stage of SRW V.
Really liking the animations and the ridiculous scale of the sprites: Yamato takes up the entire screen LMAO.
I don't see as much shaky cam as in the last PV so hopefully they saw the light.

https://youtu.be/OHmUyqoxOfY

I was watching this again, they actually comment that they're using original BGMs over the stuff from the series due to licensing stuff. But it's not specified if it's just for this demo or if it'll be the same in the full game. Although considering the trailer also had original BGMs, I'm starting to get a wee bit worried here.

If they really can't secure the tracks for the final release and no custom BGM is in I might have to go with the JP version instead. Can't really picture myself playing it w/ a different soundtrack, lol.
Lostconfused
I can make you pick a fight
With someone twice your size
(01-26-2017, 06:18 PM)
Lostconfused's Avatar

Originally Posted by Boss Doggie

Also Ideon is a mecha where you do not need to fully upgrade and still deal maximum damage. Hell wasn't it recommended not to upgrade Ideon at all?

Only because it needs to be at critical Health levels to be able to use the Ideon Gun. You still need to upgrade it for energy and damage.
Boss Doggie
all my loli wolf companions are so moe
(01-26-2017, 08:24 PM)
Boss Doggie's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lostconfused

Only because it needs to be at critical Health levels to be able to use the Ideon Gun. You still need to upgrade it for energy and damage.

but Ideon Gun/Sword is always 9999 (but from what I heard is actually 10000), and the EN is infinite

Originally Posted by Loona

Probably in one of the games (SRW F Final?) where it could go berserk and attack everyone indiscriminately, not to mention the liability that are his infinite range attacks.

Ah right the Berserk mode. Glad they removed that in Alpha 3 lol
Lostconfused
I can make you pick a fight
With someone twice your size
(01-26-2017, 08:40 PM)
Lostconfused's Avatar

Originally Posted by Boss Doggie

but Ideon Gun/Sword is always 9999 (but from what I heard is actually 10000), and the EN is infinite

I mean that's fine if you don't want to use it for most of the game I guess.
Boss Doggie
all my loli wolf companions are so moe
(01-27-2017, 02:51 AM)
Boss Doggie's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lostconfused

I mean that's fine if you don't want to use it for most of the game I guess.

what do you mean

it's easy to get it as early as the first three phases

like, cast 1/4 damage on Ideon, make it go center of map, defend/no counter until HP is 1/4
ATXAlchemy
Member
(01-27-2017, 05:00 AM)
Official website updated.

Name: Nine
A girl who goes along with Chitose and Souji. She is closely related to the Anti-Alien Prototype Mobile Weapon Vangrey's OS "System 99".

_____________________________________________

Under Factory menu, there's TAC Customize (similar to Z Crystal; and also seems to be related to Nine), which allows you to spend TacP to upgrade. You can select one overpowered option from each grade.

Grade 1 options:
SP Arise - increase SP recovery amount to 8 (from 5) at start of ally phase each turn
Repair Arise - recover 10% of max HP and EN at start of ally phase each turn. Stacks additively with HP/EN recovery Special Abilities
Force Arise - All ally pilots morale +2 at start of ally phase each turn.

Also under Factory menu, there's Purchase submenu, where you can use TacP to buy Enhancement Parts. Some purchase-able Enhancement Parts will be added upon clearing certain requirements. Recommended products will change each scenario (aka mission). You can also sell Enhancement Parts to gain TacP.
Last edited by ATXAlchemy; 01-27-2017 at 05:08 AM.
Lostconfused
I can make you pick a fight
With someone twice your size
(01-27-2017, 02:09 PM)
Lostconfused's Avatar
Sure is goth steampunk looking.
Shouta
(ノ`Д)ノ彡┻━┻
(01-28-2017, 02:23 AM)
Shouta's Avatar
I was about to say Goth Loli but we kinda got one already, Goth old woman, I mean. The Banpresto Originals for this game are definitely not standard at all.
Tsukumo
Member
(01-28-2017, 09:49 PM)
Tsukumo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Shouta

I was about to say Goth Loli but we kinda got one already, Goth old woman, I mean. The Banpresto Originals for this game are definitely not standard at all.

there's also the girl from Z2. Don't remember her name, the Firebug team leader.
Sseklebeast
Member
(01-28-2017, 11:54 PM)
Sseklebeast's Avatar

Originally Posted by Blue-kun

I was watching this again, they actually comment that they're using original BGMs over the stuff from the series due to licensing stuff. But it's not specified if it's just for this demo or if it'll be the same in the full game. Although considering the trailer also had original BGMs, I'm starting to get a wee bit worried here.

If they really can't secure the tracks for the final release and no custom BGM is in I might have to go with the JP version instead. Can't really picture myself playing it w/ a different soundtrack, lol.

Oh this is worrying for me. :( I really hope we get the same music as the Japanese version.
Shouta
(ノ`Д)ノ彡┻━┻
(01-29-2017, 01:01 AM)
Shouta's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tsukumo

there's also the girl from Z2. Don't remember her name, the Firebug team leader.

That's who I'm talking about. =P
Tsukumo
Member
(01-29-2017, 08:50 AM)
Tsukumo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Shouta

That's who I'm talking about. =P

Oh sorry. I didn't understood that reference.capgif
Rymuth
Member
(01-29-2017, 09:55 AM)
Rymuth's Avatar
Decided to give Divine Wars a second chance after finishing the Inspector...it's actually...pretty darn good!

I mean, yeah, the animation quality is terribad but the character beats are still there and they're a lot of fun.

I should be pretty caught up by the time I resume Moon Dwellers.
TRUE ORDER
Member
(01-29-2017, 12:33 PM)
TRUE ORDER's Avatar
Don't know why i get Danganronpa vibes from that new OG character hahah

The asia version of V releases at the same date that the japanese one or later?
distantmantra
Member
(01-29-2017, 05:06 PM)
distantmantra's Avatar

Originally Posted by TRUE ORDER

Don't know why i get Danganronpa vibes from that new OG character hahah

The asia version of V releases at the same date that the japanese one or later?

Same day.
TRUE ORDER
Member
(01-29-2017, 08:07 PM)
TRUE ORDER's Avatar

Originally Posted by distantmantra

Same day.

Thanks, haven't been following the dates. I remembered that Moon Dwellers got it later.
distantmantra
Member
(01-29-2017, 08:29 PM)
distantmantra's Avatar

Originally Posted by TRUE ORDER

Thanks, haven't been following the dates. I remembered that Moon Dwellers got it later.

Yeah, Bandai Namco SEA has gotten much better. SD Gundam G Generation Genesis came out at the same time in both regions.
squall23
Member
(01-29-2017, 10:32 PM)
squall23's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rymuth

Decided to give Divine Wars a second chance after finishing the Inspector...it's actually...pretty darn good!

I mean, yeah, the animation quality is terribad but the character beats are still there and they're a lot of fun.

I should be pretty caught up by the time I resume Moon Dwellers.

At the very least, DW has great orchestral remixes of the songs, and the best version of Time Diver.
Shouta
(ノ`Д)ノ彡┻━┻
(01-29-2017, 11:48 PM)
Shouta's Avatar
Divine Wars is by no means a bad show, it's just fugly.
Lostconfused
I can make you pick a fight
With someone twice your size
(01-30-2017, 12:52 AM)
Lostconfused's Avatar
It also has some hilarious opening themes.
squall23
Member
(01-31-2017, 11:53 AM)
squall23's Avatar


Take it as rumour for now, but 2ch is claiming custom BGM is in?

Originally Posted by Lostconfused

It also has some hilarious opening themes.

Hey, I love Rising Force. It was one of the good final songs before Matsumoto Rica left.
Rymuth
Member
(02-03-2017, 08:43 AM)
Rymuth's Avatar
So I'm at stage 15 in Moon Dwellers and I haven't touched the pilot upgrades yet. I'm used to upgrading my mechs in SRW games because that's what I could garner from my limited understanding of the Japanese menus

But now that I'm swamped by abilities *and* skills, the overload of information is making me paralyzed and too afraid to even touch them lest I screw up the builds.

1) What abilities should I buy? What skills do I upgrade?

2) Who are the 'healers' of this game? I'm used to the 3rd rate characters like Fa from Zeta being healers but I'm not sure who fills this role in the OG crew.
Leezard
It's Just the
Sweet Scent of Butane
(02-03-2017, 09:32 AM)
Leezard's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rymuth

So I'm at stage 15 in Moon Dwellers and I haven't touched the pilot upgrades yet. I'm used to upgrading my mechs in SRW games because that's what I could garner from my limited understanding of the Japanese menus

But now that I'm swamped by abilities *and* skills, the overload of information is making me paralyzed and too afraid to even touch them lest I screw up the builds.

1) What abilities should I buy? What skills do I upgrade?

2) Who are the 'healers' of this game? I'm used to the 3rd rate characters like Fa from Zeta being healers but I'm not sure who fills this role in the OG crew.

1. I've let my boss killer pilots get the Will Limit Break skill, to further boost their damage. I'm thinking of letting my designated boss-killer sub-pilots get that skill that reduces the sub-mech penalty since I think the penalty still happens in Maximum Break attacks. After getting one expensive skill I'm usually just putting any extra PP into the main attack stat for that character.
Sub-pilots should get SP+ or meditate to let them use more spirit commands.

If you're thinking of the equippable abilitties I'd mostly buy the ones with Range+, Movement+, and the ones with extra damage. You'll get tons of evasion+ and hit+ anyway. Repair+ can be nice for the Excellence Rescue. Abilities aren't a huge deal though. Just make super robots more tanky and real robots more mobile as usual.

2. For spirit command healing: Russel, Radha, and usually there's always one healer in any crew of 3 pilots. One of the subpilots in the Hagane and one in Hiryu Kai, one in the Excellence Rescue crew. Even if they don't know Trust in the beginning they usually learn it with a couple of levels. You can equip many mechs with the optional weapon repair kit so they can repair other mechs with a command. The Hagane and Hiryu Kai are decent candidates for some repairing, and the Excellence Rescue comes with in-built repair kits and ranged repair so it's great.
Last edited by Leezard; 02-03-2017 at 09:35 AM.
Rymuth
Member
(02-03-2017, 11:56 AM)
Rymuth's Avatar
^

All right, I'll pour over the pilot screen with this post in mind. Thanks a bunch.
MagnetoWned
Member
(02-08-2017, 10:20 PM)
MagnetoWned's Avatar
Sorry if this has been discussed before but what's the best (cheapest) way to get Moon Dwellers on PS4?

Shouta
(ノ`Д)ノ彡┻━┻
(02-09-2017, 05:16 AM)
Shouta's Avatar
The Asian version from an import store probably is the cheapest way to get it. If they do used games, it might be even faster? Digital Download is still full price and amazon only ships new games overseas so you'd pay full price in either case.
Leezard
It's Just the
Sweet Scent of Butane
(02-09-2017, 07:11 AM)
Leezard's Avatar
I imported the physical version from play-asia, but due to import fees in my country it would have been cheaper to just buy it digitally.

This is why I'm buying SRW V digitally at least.
Tsukumo
Member
(02-16-2017, 11:08 AM)
Tsukumo's Avatar
Super Robot Wars V site updated info about the BGM edit option in the game's menu.

- reads only MP3 files.
- needs to be in a folder (usb or HDD storage) called SRW music.
- you can substitute both the bgm during the fights and the ones during the intermissions.

Sounds like a dream come true for me, but really don't understand the reason of the Premium Edition now. I'm tempted to support the game in any way I can, but Switch, Horizon and Andromeda are going to clear me out...
What do?

edit: forgot. Link
http://srw-v.suparobo.jp/system/09.php
Palette Swap
Member
(02-16-2017, 11:13 AM)
Palette Swap's Avatar
Wouldn't this be the first PS4 game with actual custom soundtracks?
Leezard
It's Just the
Sweet Scent of Butane
(02-16-2017, 11:49 AM)
Leezard's Avatar
That sounds great. Can't wait to play it.
killatopak
Member
(02-16-2017, 12:21 PM)
killatopak's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tsukumo

Super Robot Wars V site updated info about the BGM edit option in the game's menu.

- reads only MP3 files.
- needs to be in a folder (usb or HDD storage) called SRW music.
- you can substitute both the bgm during the fights and the ones during the intermissions.

Sounds like a dream come true for me, but really don't understand the reason of the Premium Edition now. I'm tempted to support the game in any way I can, but Switch, Horizon and Andromeda are going to clear me out...
What do?

edit: forgot. Link
http://srw-v.suparobo.jp/system/09.php

holy shit yes.
squall23
Member
(02-16-2017, 01:54 PM)
squall23's Avatar
Guess the rumour was correct afterall.

Originally Posted by Tsukumo

Sounds like a dream come true for me, but really don't understand the reason of the Premium Edition now. I'm tempted to support the game in any way I can, but Switch, Horizon and Andromeda are going to clear me out...
What do?

Because supposedly only Japan gets the premium sound version. The translated versions wouldn't have a choice if not for this.
Blue-kun
Member
(02-16-2017, 04:24 PM)
Blue-kun's Avatar
SAFE.

The greatest news, can get it in english without having to worry about the original OST, lol.
muteki
Member
(02-16-2017, 04:34 PM)
muteki's Avatar
Huh.

May get game sooner and in english now.

Edit: yeah, looks like this will be my first home console, english version. Probably ancient news but nice to see they aren't blocking remote play like GGG.
Last edited by muteki; 02-16-2017 at 06:29 PM.
Lostconfused
I can make you pick a fight
With someone twice your size
(02-16-2017, 04:53 PM)
Lostconfused's Avatar
But I want that premium sound, sigh. Oh well.
JoeyJungle
Member
(02-16-2017, 09:59 PM)
Just preordered last night, so psyched to play a new SRW in English! Less than a week away!
killatopak
Member
(02-17-2017, 05:58 AM)
killatopak's Avatar

Originally Posted by JoeyJungle

Just preordered last night, so psyched to play a new SRW in English! Less than a week away!

Wait, less than a week?

My wallet ; _ ;
Tsukumo
Member
(02-17-2017, 06:39 AM)
Tsukumo's Avatar
Super Robot Wars V download is 6 gigs+ on PSN.
Famitsu review said the game gives 50 hours of content (50 stages, in Famitsu lingo).
OG Moondwellers was 12 gigs+ and 45/46 stages...
Current size is one gigs over Jigoku and Tengoku, so people on 2chan are saying either it's because of the re-used assets or there's going to be some massive day one patch.
squall23
Member
(02-17-2017, 01:57 PM)
squall23's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tsukumo

Super Robot Wars V download is 6 gigs+ on PSN.
Famitsu review said the game gives 50 hours of content (50 stages, in Famitsu lingo).
OG Moondwellers was 12 gigs+ and 45/46 stages...
Current size is one gigs over Jigoku and Tengoku, so people on 2chan are saying either it's because of the re-used assets or there's going to be some massive day one patch.

Or the PS4 version could just be a big up port of the Vita version. There's no evidence as to which version is the base version, but going from Vita to PS4 is probably cheaper than the other way around.
Khrysler Jerikho
Member
(02-17-2017, 04:36 PM)
Khrysler Jerikho's Avatar
Time to look for them Might Gaine songs
killatopak
Member
(02-17-2017, 04:43 PM)
killatopak's Avatar

Originally Posted by squall23

Or the PS4 version could just be a big up port of the Vita version. There's no evidence as to which version is the base version, but going from Vita to PS4 is probably cheaper than the other way around.

PS4 is probably the base. Compressing assets so they could fit the Vita rather than stretching it is a lot more easier than the other way around. If they made the Vita the base then you would see aliasing and blurriness.

It's also what they did in Jigoku/Tengoku.
distantmantra
Member
(02-17-2017, 06:46 PM)
distantmantra's Avatar
Just a heads up for anyone who hasn't preordered SRWV yet. There's a coupon code at Play Asia that takes $3 off the price. The standard $5 off coupons that are always floating around don't work since the PS4 version if $59.99 and the price threshold for that is $60.

2DLOVE17

It expires on the 20th and is good for preorders.

Thread Tools