• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

StudioTan
Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
(05-09-2012, 07:53 PM)
StudioTan's Avatar

Originally Posted by Meier

Yeah, I got the email from Frank Magid Associates who said to email testing@swtor.com to verify the validity of it but I haven't heard back yet. Magid seems pretty legit: http://www.magid.com/. I only have to give them my phone number and email to sign up (and I get $100), but I'd rather be sure this isn't some scheme to get my info just in case.

That's insane that you can't post at their boards with a lapsed account. Talk about insular..

Have you seen people who don't play the game posting about SWTOR on NeoGAF? It ain't pretty. Multiply that x1000 if they let people without active accounts post on the SWTOR forums. The place is barely readable as is.

Hope you get a response soon though.
Meier
(05-09-2012, 08:25 PM)
Meier's Avatar

Originally Posted by StudioTan

Have you seen people who don't play the game posting about SWTOR on NeoGAF? It ain't pretty. Multiply that x1000 if they let people without active accounts post on the SWTOR forums. The place is barely readable as is.

Hope you get a response soon though.

Haha, I understand why they wouldn't want some joe schmoe posting, but if you've bought the game, they should allow you to post. It's not like your account with the website stops working or anything.

If people have questions about getting back into the game and are looking for answers, they're doing themselves no favors by preventing them from doing so.
Francois424
Junior Member
(05-09-2012, 08:39 PM)
Francois424's Avatar

Originally Posted by Milly79

WOW.

Someone reported me in PVP and now I have to change my Legacy - Godstomper, and my alt- Raptorjesus.

Thanks a lot, people. :\

I feel for you (and the change was really unnecessary... then again BW seems to be quite uptight about things.)
I'm expecting to have to change mine by the time I'm done with this game as well... as I've got toons named after 8 moons of Uranus, making mine <The Uranūs Legacy>.

Uranus was deemed invalid; but not with a french "u" thrown in there.
But it will only take so long until some juvenile 12yo boy report my vulgar legacy name.
Afterall god forbit I was thinking of Astronomy when planning my Legacy !

Ahh the horrors I tell you ! ;-)
Milly79
Member
(05-09-2012, 08:56 PM)
Milly79's Avatar
It truly wasn't a big deal. Godstomper was suggested by a guildie at the time and I rolled with it.
FLEABttn
Banned
(05-09-2012, 09:15 PM)
FLEABttn's Avatar

Originally Posted by Milly79

WOW.

Someone reported me in PVP and now I have to change my Legacy - Godstomper, and my alt- Raptorjesus.

Thanks a lot, people. :\

Name-ganking is the best ganking. It's a gank that ruins people's months.

I named-ganked a guy in WoW who killed me while I was AFK at the flight point. His name was Puppybasher. He had to use the name Celeglo (which we refered to as Celeglowned) for about a week before the GM's changed it to a name of his choosing.
Cystm
Member
(05-09-2012, 09:56 PM)
Cystm's Avatar
I just knocked out the first Trooper planet on the Fatman server.

Probably the best story so far. Now actually looking forward to rerolling.
UltraMav
Member
(05-09-2012, 10:05 PM)
UltraMav's Avatar

Originally Posted by Cystm

I just knocked out the first Trooper planet on the Fatman server.

Probably the best story so far. Now actually looking forward to rerolling.

Oh man are you in for a surprise...
Meier
(05-10-2012, 12:03 AM)
Meier's Avatar
By the way, I did get confirmation via an email from a community manager that the focus group is real and happening on 5/17. I sent in my information to the people running it but it may be too late. I'll let yall know if anything cool comes of it that I'm allowed to share. I bet it'll be about why am I not a paying member currently though, haha.
HBroward
Member
(05-10-2012, 12:34 AM)
HBroward's Avatar
So 1.3 still won't have ranked pvp or 8 man queues. So, I guess they just plan to let Diablo 3 wash over them and try and grab people later on the rebound. Should be interesting to see how this goes over with players.
MaddenNFL64
Member
(05-10-2012, 01:01 AM)
MaddenNFL64's Avatar
They got to want rated PVP in badly, but they're obviously waiting for the team working on cross server queuing to get their shit done before going live. Or at the least get their ranking math in order for this pre-season they wanted. The pre-season talk should have never happened, just should have held off on Ranked PVP till they had the tech for cross server working.
gatti-man
Member
(05-10-2012, 01:01 AM)
gatti-man's Avatar

Originally Posted by Meier

By the way, I did get confirmation via an email from a community manager that the focus group is real and happening on 5/17. I sent in my information to the people running it but it may be too late. I'll let yall know if anything cool comes of it that I'm allowed to share. I bet it'll be about why am I not a paying member currently though, haha.

Please lie and say its because the broke mercenaries/commandos and because they havent merged servers.
gatti-man
Member
(05-10-2012, 01:11 AM)
gatti-man's Avatar

Originally Posted by HBroward

So 1.3 still won't have ranked pvp or 8 man queues. So, I guess they just plan to let Diablo 3 wash over them and try and grab people later on the rebound. Should be interesting to see how this goes over with players.

Sounds like server mergers are getting pushed back even further by my estimate. Maybe october cough *come to fatman* cough.


Oh yeah i spent some time on fleet. It stutters off and on :-/. Still nice to see crowds everywhere. Did heroics on balmora with zero wait time ZERO. At lvl 17 my tankassin is better at huttball than my 50 merc :-/.
UltraMav
Member
(05-10-2012, 02:08 AM)
UltraMav's Avatar
Did they release new info for 1.3? I haven't seen anything yet so I guess I missed something.
Zafir
Member
(05-10-2012, 02:13 AM)
Zafir's Avatar
Cross Server PVP can't come quick enough if only for a bit of variation. If you haven't got a premade you may as well not bother queuing at the moment, since it seems to be the same premades steamrolling the few PUGs that are left.
StudioTan
Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
(05-10-2012, 02:51 AM)
StudioTan's Avatar

Originally Posted by HBroward

So 1.3 still won't have ranked pvp or 8 man queues. So, I guess they just plan to let Diablo 3 wash over them and try and grab people later on the rebound. Should be interesting to see how this goes over with players.

Are you basing this on some article about the official podcast? If so I listened to that and that's is not what they said. They were talking separately about 1.3 and about ranked warzones. They had already said ranked warzones were going to be coming out before 1.3, that's why it's not a feature of that patch.
Miletius
Member
(05-10-2012, 03:18 AM)

Originally Posted by Meier

By the way, I did get confirmation via an email from a community manager that the focus group is real and happening on 5/17. I sent in my information to the people running it but it may be too late. I'll let yall know if anything cool comes of it that I'm allowed to share. I bet it'll be about why am I not a paying member currently though, haha.

Would be awesome if you could divulge anything but totally understandable if you couldn't. Either way, I went ahead and cancelled today. Sucks because I really like some parts of the game but I couldn't justify it anymore. Came down mostly to the following:

1) Friends all quit weeks ago, and it's really boring to play the game without people to group with. I know GAF is out there, but it aint the same for me.

2) Slowly working my way through all planets on my latest character as a last huzzah was my goal. Wasn't going to stop until I did every quest in the leveling game. Then I got bugged out in Quesh and was unable to do the quest chain on that planet. CM rep told me "welp, nothing we can do, just check patch notes for a fix soon, hopefully."

Combined it's really sapped my will to continue. I'll come back when they fix that quest bug to finish my guy up, if I'm feeling like it at the time.
Francois424
Junior Member
(05-10-2012, 03:56 AM)
Francois424's Avatar

Originally Posted by gatti-man

cough *come to fatman* cough.

Tempting... but with all that time invested on MindTrick, going to give it a wait.
Now for any new ppl without legacy yet, that is good advice right there.

Heck, MindTrick has dropped to <100 on Emp, <50 on Pub (fleet numbers) on any time except maybe week-ends... This is how Nathema started it's population drop *shudders*

If the server dies tho, I'll be right there, heh.
Cystm
Member
(05-10-2012, 08:52 AM)
Cystm's Avatar
If they don't release a working version of ranked pvp in the next patch, they had better be prepared to merge servers in 1.4. They are not producing enough to bring people back to the game as I see it right now, and the feeling of stagnation is all to apparent now not just to the "hardcore" crowd, but to everyone else too.

Diablo III is going to be so much easier to surrender my soul to if there is no ranked PvP (and thus not much to gain my interest) in the next patch.
antiquegamer
Member
(05-10-2012, 11:49 AM)
antiquegamer's Avatar

Originally Posted by gatti-man

Sounds like server mergers are getting pushed back even further by my estimate. Maybe october cough *come to fatman* cough.


Oh yeah i spent some time on fleet. It stutters off and on :-/. Still nice to see crowds everywhere. Did heroics on balmora with zero wait time ZERO. At lvl 17 my tankassin is better at huttball than my 50 merc :-/.

Sith Assassin is just plain broken in Huttball. I still don't understand all the crying to nerf Operatives when I can Maul people repeatedly with my Assassin and most of the time do even more damages before they can even react. Anyway it's my new favorite class, fuck shitty Operative class, only regret is I put so much time in that toon when I could have been playing this.

On that note I should have been smarter about my re-roll and go to high pop server like you did.

And if you think merc is bad try playing Huttball with the multi-nerf Operative. Actually I hardly see any Operatives in PVP now, they are mostly Snipers. (and the heck with the Snipers buff, I got hit for almost 5k).
Zafir
Member
(05-10-2012, 12:39 PM)
Zafir's Avatar

Originally Posted by antiquegamer

Sith Assassin is just plain broken in Huttball. I still don't understand all the crying to nerf Operatives when I can Maul people repeatedly with my Assassin and most of the time do even more damages before they can even react. Anyway it's my new favorite class, fuck shitty Operative class, only regret is I put so much time in that toon when I could have been playing this.

On that note I should have been smarter about my re-roll and go to high pop server like you did.

And if you think merc is bad try playing Huttball with the multi-nerf Operative. Actually I hardly see any Operatives in PVP now, they are mostly Snipers. (and the heck with the Snipers buff, I got hit for almost 5k).

Damage based operatives certainly didn't get off lightly. However, healing spec they're probably the best healers in warzones right now due to Sorc/Merc healing getting nerfed.
BattleMonkey
Member
(05-10-2012, 02:33 PM)
BattleMonkey's Avatar
People won't like it but they perhaps should just make all pvp count as ranked instead of having unranked and ranked. At least till they can get cross server queues in.
Zafir
Member
(05-10-2012, 04:01 PM)
Zafir's Avatar

Originally Posted by BattleMonkey

People won't like it but they perhaps should just make all pvp count as ranked instead of having unranked and ranked. At least till they can get cross server queues in.

I'm against that as long as premades and solo queuers are put into the same games. It isn't fun if you're in a premade to get put against people you can just steamroll in seconds, and it isn't fun if you're the team getting steamrolled.

Edit: A matchmaking system would work probably, but unfortunately I don't think servers have the population for it.
HBroward
Member
(05-10-2012, 06:26 PM)
HBroward's Avatar
Personally, I think that you should be able to go into 1-49 warzones as a 50, and get scaled down with level 50 abilities removed. Just make that unranked, then make the level 50 pvp just be the ranked warzones. That way, the player base isn't being as diluted, and it would maybe be viable without the cross server queueing. Of course, there would have to be a cap on expertise gear in unranked or something for that to work.
H3xum
Member
(05-10-2012, 08:05 PM)
H3xum's Avatar
Guys.

I think I'm going to do it, I'm going to take the plunge

Just briefly looking at the classes I think I would find much satisfaction playing either Jedi Consular/Sage or a Sith Assassin. How approachable are those classes? Note I'm not a complete MMO nub, but I've been out of the game for a long time.

Also, what're the best servers to be on, PVE and PVP
BattleMonkey
Member
(05-10-2012, 09:35 PM)
BattleMonkey's Avatar

Originally Posted by H3xum

Guys.

I think I'm going to do it, I'm going to take the plunge

Just briefly looking at the classes I think I would find much satisfaction playing either Jedi Consular/Sage or a Sith Assassin. How approachable are those classes? Note I'm not a complete MMO nub, but I've been out of the game for a long time.

Also, what're the best servers to be on, PVE and PVP

PVE and PVP servers don't mean much in this game, not much world pvp happens so just pick a very active server
Francois424
Junior Member
(05-10-2012, 09:48 PM)
Francois424's Avatar

Originally Posted by H3xum

Guys.

I think I'm going to do it, I'm going to take the plunge

Just briefly looking at the classes I think I would find much satisfaction playing either Jedi Consular/Sage or a Sith Assassin. How approachable are those classes? Note I'm not a complete MMO nub, but I've been out of the game for a long time.

Also, what're the best servers to be on, PVE and PVP


Jedi Sage is your typical MMO mage, with lots of tools going for it for survivability.
I played mine using the Balance specialisation, and it's a blast.

Sith assassin has lots for survivability going for it, and it's early story is better than the Counsular for the most part (unless you play an evil counsular, haha). It's very much melee oriented, and IMHO the easiest melee class.

Both use light armor, so easy to gear (especially if you take Cybertech to make your own armoring/mods), and if you have social points, you can buy orange armor (customisable) for dirt-cheap (well, except for the belt and the Armsband).

Have Fun !
gatti-man
Member
(05-10-2012, 10:11 PM)
gatti-man's Avatar

Originally Posted by H3xum

Guys.

I think I'm going to do it, I'm going to take the plunge

Just briefly looking at the classes I think I would find much satisfaction playing either Jedi Consular/Sage or a Sith Assassin. How approachable are those classes? Note I'm not a complete MMO nub, but I've been out of the game for a long time.

Also, what're the best servers to be on, PVE and PVP

Imo go tank assasin 30/0/10 . I feel like a god in pvp and pve is very easy too.
HarryDemeanor
Member
(05-10-2012, 10:54 PM)
HarryDemeanor's Avatar

Originally Posted by H3xum

Also, what're the best servers to be on, PVE and PVP

Just pick the highest populated server that is in your region.
Francois424
Junior Member
(05-10-2012, 11:18 PM)
Francois424's Avatar

Originally Posted by HarryDemeanor

Just pick the highest populated server that is in your region.

Make sure to check it during your regular play hours... Some servers are heavier at different times as well !
gatti-man
Member
(05-10-2012, 11:26 PM)
gatti-man's Avatar
Fatman has good pop 24/7. During the day most worlds have 50-100 people on them and fleet is around 130-150 this is 10am-4pm cst. Then during primetime everything usually doubles. It has a robust gtn with no price gouging too.
HarryDemeanor
Member
(05-11-2012, 12:17 AM)
HarryDemeanor's Avatar

Originally Posted by Francois424

Make sure to check it during your regular play hours... Some servers are heavier at different times as well !

Words to live by!
Isaccard
Member
(05-11-2012, 05:58 AM)
Isaccard's Avatar
I say this as a genral statement here but: If you're still crying about Operative nerfs when KV's best Ops, still do retarded burst and destroy people in 5 seconds flat, hitting over 300k+ in wz's then you're doing something wrong.
gatti-man
Member
(05-11-2012, 06:02 AM)
gatti-man's Avatar

Originally Posted by Isaccard

If you're still crying about Operative being nerfs when KV's best Ops, still do retarded burst damage, and shred people in 5 seconds flat, hitting over 300k+ in wz's then you're doing something wrong.

Well they are not op. I mean i routinely do 300k+ and i play the weakest ac in the game.
kyo_daikun
Member
(05-11-2012, 09:55 AM)
kyo_daikun's Avatar

Originally Posted by HBroward

Personally, I think that you should be able to go into 1-49 warzones as a 50, and get scaled down with level 50 abilities removed. Just make that unranked, then make the level 50 pvp just be the ranked warzones. That way, the player base isn't being as diluted, and it would maybe be viable without the cross server queueing. Of course, there would have to be a cap on expertise gear in unranked or something for that to work.

I would rather they just focus on full on cross server PVP, you will never be short of people to play with then.

Still waiting to see what happens with my minesweeper title, they are adamant only the people in the tower are meant to get the title (which is stupid seeing as it has then been broken for over a month and they haven't bothered fixing it)
H3xum
Member
(05-11-2012, 02:28 PM)
H3xum's Avatar

Originally Posted by Francois424

Jedi Sage is your typical MMO mage, with lots of tools going for it for survivability.
I played mine using the Balance specialisation, and it's a blast.

Sith assassin has lots for survivability going for it, and it's early story is better than the Counsular for the most part (unless you play an evil counsular, haha). It's very much melee oriented, and IMHO the easiest melee class.

Both use light armor, so easy to gear (especially if you take Cybertech to make your own armoring/mods), and if you have social points, you can buy orange armor (customisable) for dirt-cheap (well, except for the belt and the Armsband).

Have Fun !

Just what I was looking for, thank you kindly.

A great hesitation I've had up to this point is blowing my build up and investing too much time in some gimped character, so thanks for the bit about Cybertech, I'll look into that before taking the plunge
gatti-man
Member
(05-11-2012, 03:01 PM)
gatti-man's Avatar

Originally Posted by H3xum

Just what I was looking for, thank you kindly.

A great hesitation I've had up to this point is blowing my build up and investing too much time in some gimped character, so thanks for the bit about Cybertech, I'll look into that before taking the plunge

Gimped characters are unescapable here. Buoware nerfs pretty strong. I think each class will have its turn.
Zafir
Member
(05-11-2012, 03:05 PM)
Zafir's Avatar

Originally Posted by kyo_daikun

I would rather they just focus on full on cross server PVP, you will never be short of people to play with then.

Still waiting to see what happens with my minesweeper title, they are adamant only the people in the tower are meant to get the title (which is stupid seeing as it has then been broken for over a month and they haven't bothered fixing it)

It isn't just the person in the tower who gets it?

I was in the tower and got it. Don't think anyone else in my group got it, unless they just didn't bother putting the title on.
Draxal
Member
(05-11-2012, 04:00 PM)
Draxal's Avatar

Originally Posted by gatti-man

Gimped characters are unescapable here. Buoware nerfs pretty strong. I think each class will have its turn.

I don't know, the nerfs have been sporadic so far. Dps sins/sorcs are still as strong as ever as they were and they were already stronger than mercs who got nerfed after the fact. Nerfing ops who did not have the insane amount of utility/gap closers without providing them something to compensate was stupid as well.
Mr. Luchador
I played NeoGAF Bingo and all I got was this tag
(05-11-2012, 05:12 PM)
Mr. Luchador's Avatar
One day I'll use this 60 day game card I have sitting around.
gatti-man
Member
(05-11-2012, 07:24 PM)
gatti-man's Avatar

Originally Posted by Chriswok

One day I'll use this 60 day game card I have sitting around.

I wouldnt use it now lol.
Yaska
Member
(05-11-2012, 11:38 PM)
Yaska's Avatar
Rolled a powertech on fatman, near 200 ppl on the fleet... insane compared to 5 ppl on kinrath spider.
BattleMonkey
Member
(05-12-2012, 12:10 AM)
BattleMonkey's Avatar
Want legacy unlock to make the rocket boots last longer than 12 seconds :P

It's awesome ability that all your characters get, but it's so darn short :( It really speeds things up for alts at least though. Especially pub characters who have to deal with that stupid senate hall
Cystm
Member
(05-12-2012, 05:11 AM)
Cystm's Avatar
Cross-Realm zones are in the Zynga Panda beta. That sounds like an intersting solution to deadzones/servers, to a certain extent, but eventually server merges are more than likely going to need to take place even with that.

What do you guys think?
Heysoos
Member
(05-12-2012, 05:13 AM)
Heysoos's Avatar

Originally Posted by Cystm

Cross-Realm zones are in the Zynga Panda beta. That sounds like an intersting solution to deadzones/servers, to a certain extent, but eventually server merges are more than likely going to need to take place even with that.

What do you guys think?

I just want something to happen soon.. Starting a WZ with 4-5 people is starting to get to me, and that's because KV is relatively healthy compared to others. Have no idea how ranked matches are even going to work without cross server queues. I don't know. It's extremely depressing because this game is fun as shit.
UltraMav
Member
(05-12-2012, 05:31 AM)
UltraMav's Avatar
We cancelled ops for the first time since starting them two months ago because our 66 member guild could only manage to have five people sign on tonight.

This is getting depressing.
BattleMonkey
Member
(05-12-2012, 05:43 AM)
BattleMonkey's Avatar

Originally Posted by UltraMav

We cancelled ops for the first time since starting them two months ago because our 66 member guild could only manage to have five people sign on tonight.

This is getting depressing.

You had your first cancel and your depressed? Cancels happen.
UltraMav
Member
(05-12-2012, 05:56 AM)
UltraMav's Avatar
Guess I'm just feeling the overall sagging population of my server and this kind of nailed the point home for me. Not a huge deal, freed up my night but I was looking forward to it.
bjb
Banned
(05-12-2012, 05:57 AM)
bjb's Avatar

Originally Posted by UltraMav

We cancelled ops for the first time since starting them two months ago because our 66 member guild could only manage to have five people sign on tonight.

This is getting depressing.

Luckily my guild had two groups. People stopped showing up from both, so we just combined.

We're holding steady now, but my god this game is dying. Server is a complete ghost town.
BattleMonkey
Member
(05-12-2012, 06:05 AM)
BattleMonkey's Avatar
Imp side pop has stayed strong and same on my server, but the pub side has gotten pretty bad. Guild is imps so at least that is good, but can never do any instances on pub side sadly unless can convince some guildies to log onto the other side for something.
HarryDemeanor
Member
(05-12-2012, 06:13 AM)
HarryDemeanor's Avatar

Originally Posted by Cystm

Cross-Realm zones are in the Zynga Panda beta. That sounds like an intersting solution to deadzones/servers, to a certain extent, but eventually server merges are more than likely going to need to take place even with that.

What do you guys think?

I like the idea of cross-realm zones and from testing it out on beta it works as advertised. While that kind of system would be great to have in Star Wars, server merging should be the #1 priority. There is just way too many servers opened right now and the list needs to shrink.

Once merging is finished they can look at what they have and adjust as they see fit. Until then, let the merges commence.

Thread Tools