• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

antiquegamer
Member
(05-12-2012, 07:34 AM)
antiquegamer's Avatar

Originally Posted by Isaccard

I say this as a genral statement here but: If you're still crying about Operative nerfs when KV's best Ops, still do retarded burst and destroy people in 5 seconds flat, hitting over 300k+ in wz's then you're doing something wrong.

If you want to direct at me I have no problem don't need to be a puss. So may I assume that you have a level 50 Operative and doing all that insane damage that you say you are doing which is fine. I never said we don't do good damage but my point is Sith Assasin is even better especially in PVP so the only reason Op got nerf is because dev team is just reactionary.
Last edited by antiquegamer; 05-12-2012 at 11:35 AM.
kyo_daikun
Member
(05-12-2012, 08:55 AM)
kyo_daikun's Avatar

Originally Posted by Zafir

It isn't just the person in the tower who gets it?

I was in the tower and got it. Don't think anyone else in my group got it, unless they just didn't bother putting the title on.

Nah loads of DPS have got it when defusing mines in runs I have been in, like I said on my run 2 people who never went near the tower got the title when they disarmed mines, I was the third person and never got it, if it is broken they obviously didn't care too much as they have so far left it as it is for over a month.

Its a meh thing anyway, whats more annoyed me is the customer service people who have tried to deal with it, in the live CSR chat the guy said he wouldn't close the ticket while they checked with the dev team and would update it to let me know what was going on, 20 minutes later the ticket was closed saying they couldn't provide updates so felt like they just mugged me off.
Milly79
Member
(05-12-2012, 08:59 AM)
Milly79's Avatar
So bent.
kyo_daikun
Member
(05-12-2012, 09:14 AM)
kyo_daikun's Avatar

Originally Posted by Milly79

So bent.

Yes, yes you are :)

Sorry I flopped last night, was so tired I just slept all the way through.
reggieandTFE
Member
(05-12-2012, 04:09 PM)
reggieandTFE's Avatar

Originally Posted by Anbokr

that sux predeesh, i've reported harck like 50 times to no avail.

What have you reported him for? He kills me a lot in pvp, haha.
TomcatTheLion
Member
(05-12-2012, 04:24 PM)
TomcatTheLion's Avatar
Just logged into my SW on the Fatman server (migrating from Dreshdae Cantina). Do we have a guild setup there?
HBroward
Member
(05-12-2012, 05:02 PM)
HBroward's Avatar

Originally Posted by reggieandTFE

What have you reported him for? He kills me a lot in pvp, haha.

Anbokr is Harck, he has a great name waiting for him if we could ever get those CS to let him change it. They just won't buy my line that his name offends me for religious reasons. One day, maybe, true greatness will be revealed as he takes his new title.
gatti-man
Member
(05-12-2012, 05:51 PM)
gatti-man's Avatar

Originally Posted by TomcatTheLion

Just logged into my SW on the Fatman server (migrating from Dreshdae Cantina). Do we have a guild setup there?

No not yet. Heysoos and i chit chat but i havent talked with anyone else on fatman yet from gaf. We are both empire. Im just trying to get to 50, lvl 31 currently.


Edit son of a bitch someone took pizza as their legacy name on fatman argh.
Last edited by gatti-man; 05-12-2012 at 06:45 PM.
Cystm
Member
(05-12-2012, 08:12 PM)
Cystm's Avatar

Originally Posted by gatti-man

No not yet. Heysoos and i chit chat but i havent talked with anyone else on fatman yet from gaf. We are both empire. Im just trying to get to 50, lvl 31 currently.


Edit son of a bitch someone took pizza as their legacy name on fatman argh.

Good luck getting any name on that server. Everyone is migrating there.
Is anyone else rolling on fatman from kv? I'm planning on starting my pub toons there until xfers happen.

Edit: first post from my phone sorry if this looks jank.
Last edited by Cystm; 05-12-2012 at 08:14 PM.
Anbokr
Bull on a Donut
(05-12-2012, 08:41 PM)
Anbokr's Avatar

Originally Posted by gatti-man

No not yet. Heysoos and i chit chat but i havent talked with anyone else on fatman yet from gaf. We are both empire. Im just trying to get to 50, lvl 31 currently.


Edit son of a bitch someone took pizza as their legacy name on fatman argh.

try Pizzeria
vilmer_
Member
(05-12-2012, 09:58 PM)
vilmer_'s Avatar

Originally Posted by BattleMonkey

Imp side pop has stayed strong and same on my server, but the pub side has gotten pretty bad. Guild is imps so at least that is good, but can never do any instances on pub side sadly unless can convince some guildies to log onto the other side for something.

This is the same as my server, always 150+ Imps on the fleet in prime time we have been sitting around 40-50 in the same time frame. During the day it's really bad though, sometimes single digits on the pub side :/
UltraMav
Member
(05-12-2012, 10:25 PM)
UltraMav's Avatar
A quick question for the MMO vets in here:

I've been hearing complaints about "World PvP" in this game for quite some time, and I'm wondering, how does this work in most MMOs? Do people enjoy endlessly dueling each other in the middle of questing? It hasn't been my experience that anyone ever gives up or says to other faction players "okay that was fun, back to questing", and usually fights rely purely on who caught who off guard or who has more friends around. It seems that if all the quest areas were together that it would make leveling up pretty difficult (at least in the first few months of release when things were populated). In other games is there some kind of solution to this? Just doesn't seem like it would be that fun.
Heysoos
Member
(05-12-2012, 10:26 PM)
Heysoos's Avatar

Originally Posted by Cystm

Good luck getting any name on that server. Everyone is migrating there.
Is anyone else rolling on fatman from kv? I'm planning on starting my pub toons there until xfers happen.

Edit: first post from my phone sorry if this looks jank.

I'm mainly using it for my offhours toon. It's really refreshing to see a nice full fleet though. That said, the big numbers also kind of brings out the worst kinds of people. General chat is full of immature dumbasses lol. WZ quality is kind of bad too, I'm not sure how 50s are, but twice as a level 10 Assassin I came in second in DPS, topped medals/objectives.
gatti-man
Member
(05-12-2012, 11:27 PM)
gatti-man's Avatar

Originally Posted by Anbokr

try Pizzeria

Crap thats a good one. I chose buffet pretty lame :( wish i could change my toons name from gatti-man to allucaneat or allucaneatbabay

Originally Posted by UltraMav

A quick question for the MMO vets in here:

I've been hearing complaints about "World PvP" in this game for quite some time, and I'm wondering, how does this work in most MMOs? Do people enjoy endlessly dueling each other in the middle of questing? It hasn't been my experience that anyone ever gives up or says to other faction players "okay that was fun, back to questing", and usually fights rely purely on who caught who off guard or who has more friends around. It seems that if all the quest areas were together that it would make leveling up pretty difficult (at least in the first few months of release when things were populated). In other games is there some kind of solution to this? Just doesn't seem like it would be that fun.

Ive never seen awesome world pvp just zergfests . World pvp usually just means ganking however this game has very little of that. Even on the troll/pubescent filled fatman i havent been ganked one time.

Originally Posted by Heysoos

I'm mainly using it for my offhours toon. It's really refreshing to see a nice full fleet though. That said, the big numbers also kind of brings out the worst kinds of people. General chat is full of immature dumbasses lol. WZ quality is kind of bad too, I'm not sure how 50s are, but twice as a level 10 Assassin I came in second in DPS, topped medals/objectives.

Ive lost track of how many times ive seen the word "Faggot" in gen chat. I mean who still says that? Not even fag but faggot, its like the 1980s up in fatman sometimes.
Last edited by gatti-man; 05-12-2012 at 11:34 PM.
gatti-man
Member
(05-12-2012, 11:30 PM)
gatti-man's Avatar
Anyone else notice on fatman how much trash reps talk in pvp? If im on a crappy team the reps are talking crap before i am. They are all over /say in matches ive been in. Its pretty funny.
Last edited by gatti-man; 05-13-2012 at 04:16 PM.
Somnia
Member
(05-13-2012, 07:14 PM)
Somnia's Avatar
So after goofing around on Tera and Secret World, I decided to return to SWTOR. After talking with Gatti I'm rerolling on Fatman, empire side. Named Somnia, gonna roll a sorc healer.

It's so nice to be on Korriban and seeing 70-100 players.
BattleMonkey
Member
(05-13-2012, 07:16 PM)
BattleMonkey's Avatar
If they don't limit transfers, I can see everyone going to Fatman lol
gatti-man
Member
(05-13-2012, 07:25 PM)
gatti-man's Avatar

Originally Posted by Somnia

So after goofing around on Tera and Secret World, I decided to return to SWTOR. After talking with Gatti I'm rerolling on Fatman, empire side. Named Somnia, gonna roll a sorc healer.

It's so nice to be on Korriban and seeing 70-100 players.

Dem graphics too. Game looks WAY better now than at launch. Starting zones really benefit.

Originally Posted by BattleMonkey

If they don't limit transfers, I can see everyone going to Fatman lol

I wish all of gaf would come. We have some great players wallowing away on dead servers.
Last edited by gatti-man; 05-13-2012 at 07:30 PM.
Somnia
Member
(05-13-2012, 07:49 PM)
Somnia's Avatar

Originally Posted by gatti-man

Dem graphics too. Game looks WAY better now than at launch. Starting zones really benefit.



I wish all of gaf would come. We have some great players wallowing away on dead servers.

Ya the game looks really nice, love the new ui customization too (been awhile for me). I hope we can get more gaffers to roll over onto fatman and get some stuff rolling here, would be nice =)
Milly79
Member
(05-13-2012, 08:14 PM)
Milly79's Avatar
KV isn't dead, and I'm not leaving anytime soon.
gatti-man
Member
(05-13-2012, 08:32 PM)
gatti-man's Avatar

Originally Posted by Milly79

KV isn't dead, and I'm not leaving anytime soon.

Want me to post screens of empire fleet in the 20s and teens on kv? Happens to me all the time. Not during primetime of course but daytime and late night.
Somnia
Member
(05-13-2012, 09:25 PM)
Somnia's Avatar
There are 94 players on Korriban right now and 218 on the fleet on Fatman, feels good.

edit: Really thinking of rolling assassin instead of healer... what to do!
Milly79
Member
(05-13-2012, 09:27 PM)
Milly79's Avatar

Originally Posted by gatti-man

Want me to post screens of empire fleet in the 20s and teens on kv? Happens to me all the time. Not during primetime of course but daytime and late night.

That's because people have jobs.

I'm not worried about it. I get my shit done with these "teens and twenties"
Yaska
Member
(05-13-2012, 09:39 PM)
Yaska's Avatar
Finished republic side of balmorra on my commando alt, forgot how much I hate it.

Also was the only rep player in balmorra, no one else :(. Kinrath Spider is completely deserted.
Azwethinkweiz
Member
(05-13-2012, 09:46 PM)
Azwethinkweiz's Avatar

Originally Posted by Yaska

Finished republic side of balmorra on my commando alt, forgot how much I hate it.

Also was the only rep player in balmorra, no one else :(. Kinrath Spider is completely deserted.

I didn't know anyone else on here played on Kinrath Spider. Yeah, it's pretty bad. Even empire side only has about 40 people on the fleet during prime time.
gatti-man
Member
(05-13-2012, 10:36 PM)
gatti-man's Avatar

Originally Posted by Milly79

That's because people have jobs.

I'm not worried about it. I get my shit done with these "teens and twenties"

I work 55/hrs a week as a GM. Not to start anything but having a job and responsibilities is exactly why i cant be on during primetime.
Somnia
Member
(05-13-2012, 10:46 PM)
Somnia's Avatar

Originally Posted by gatti-man

I work 55/hrs a week as a GM. Not to start anything but having a job and responsibilities is exactly why i cant be on during primetime.

I know that feeling with work, btw you need to ship me a pizza, long delivery though!
Milly79
Member
(05-13-2012, 10:47 PM)
Milly79's Avatar

Originally Posted by gatti-man

I work 55/hrs a week as a GM. Not to start anything but having a job and responsibilities is exactly why i cant be on during primetime.

I know that, but you're bitching about KV not being active during your schedule.
Anbokr
Bull on a Donut
(05-14-2012, 12:41 AM)
Anbokr's Avatar

Originally Posted by Milly79

I know that, but you're bitching about KV not being active during your schedule.

Na, if you PvP KV is virtually dead. Late night PvP is the best, and forget about that on KV. Primetime PvP = 5 minute queues. Anything outside of primetime = 15-20 minute PvP queues. Not to mention that the same group of 20-30 players are the only ones PvPing at all. There are maybe 15 pubs that make up the entirety of republic PvP, and 20-30 imps. There's really no variation in games.
Milly79
Member
(05-14-2012, 12:45 AM)
Milly79's Avatar

Originally Posted by Anbokr

Na, if you PvP KV is virtually dead. Late night PvP is the best, and forget about that on KV. Primetime PvP = 5 minute queues. Anything outside of primetime = 15-20 minute PvP queues. Not to mention that the same group of 20-30 players are the only ones PvPing at all. There are maybe 15 pubs that make up the entirety of republic PvP, and 20-30 imps. There's really no variation in games.

That's only one part of the game. :)
gatti-man
Member
(05-14-2012, 01:03 AM)
gatti-man's Avatar

Originally Posted by Milly79

I know that, but you're bitching about KV not being active during your schedule.

I apologize if thats the way it comes off. Its not just pvp the worldon apopulated server FEELS alive. I think alot of people are quiting when all the really need to do is get on a populated server.
aett
Member
(05-14-2012, 04:51 AM)
aett's Avatar
I'm a little worried about switching servers. About a month after the game's release, I made a new character on the second or third most populated PVE server, but a few weeks later it was less populated than my original server. I don't want that to happen with my entire Legacy.
LongMuckDong
Member
(05-14-2012, 04:54 AM)
LongMuckDong's Avatar
Re-roll on an Asia-Pacific Server... 300 in prime on Republic Fleet.. 100 in middle of the night... shit's lush as fuck.

It'd be worth the lag hombre - do it :)
Anbokr
Bull on a Donut
(05-14-2012, 05:22 AM)
Anbokr's Avatar

Originally Posted by Milly79

That's only one part of the game. :)

Best part about the game.

But I mean come on, pve is dying as well. Every guild I've run into has collapsed raid groups, has people not showing up, etc... DJB, GAF, Abaddon, SiH. Server is dying--less and less people on the fleet every day. 1.2 got people back in for a week or two then after that rakghoul plague things started going downhill again.
Cystm
Member
(05-14-2012, 07:42 AM)
Cystm's Avatar
These aren't the droids you are looking for.
Last edited by Cystm; 10-22-2012 at 03:23 AM. Reason: Testing
Draxal
Member
(05-14-2012, 01:51 PM)
Draxal's Avatar

Originally Posted by Anbokr

Best part about the game.

But I mean come on, pve is dying as well. Every guild I've run into has collapsed raid groups, has people not showing up, etc... DJB, GAF, Abaddon, SiH. Server is dying--less and less people on the fleet every day. 1.2 got people back in for a week or two then after that rakghoul plague things started going downhill again.

If broken pvp is the best part of the game, it's a rather sad state of affairs as I think pvp class balance is utterly broken.

Having everybody reroll to Fatman, is also killing servers faster than normal.
BattleMonkey
Member
(05-14-2012, 02:42 PM)
BattleMonkey's Avatar

Originally Posted by Draxal

If broken pvp is the best part of the game, it's a rather sad state of affairs as I think pvp class balance is utterly broken.

That's MMO pvp for you. It's always changing balance for years and it never stops with the buffs, nerfs, changes. Utterly broken, nope.
Draxal
Member
(05-14-2012, 03:49 PM)
Draxal's Avatar

Originally Posted by BattleMonkey

That's MMO pvp for you. It's always changing balance for years and it never stops with the buffs, nerfs, changes. Utterly broken, nope.

It's utterly broken because I do not have any faith in the pvp design team. The class changes in the 1.2 patch. Not to mention the mess that Ilum was, the fix that made it even worse, and the whole rated warzone debacle (yanking it last second was poor form), and the whole class problems in Huttball.
gatti-man
Member
(05-14-2012, 03:54 PM)
gatti-man's Avatar

Originally Posted by Draxal

If broken pvp is the best part of the game, it's a rather sad state of affairs as I think pvp class balance is utterly broken.

Having everybody reroll to Fatman, is also killing servers faster than normal.

If bioware would actually do something then people wouldnt be moving. Its pretty hilarious they think transfers will solve the problem.
Draxal
Member
(05-14-2012, 04:00 PM)
Draxal's Avatar

Originally Posted by gatti-man

If bioware would actually do something then people wouldnt be moving. Its pretty hilarious they think transfers will solve the problem.

I don't blame anybody for rerolling to another server (I just see why people don't want to reroll to another server at this point, leveling without any legacy would be too frustrating for alot of people including me).

Bioware's in a really bad situation right now in how they're handling the servers, since because they are glacially slow at doing anything about it. For example, single server LFG might of worked when the game originally released, but right now it's going to do nothing, as most servers are too barren to support it.

edit. Just saw the world pvp question, world pvp only occured during the Rakghoul event (the quests were the same for both sides, otherwise the quests are way too apart). I would hate to be on the weaker side (most likely republic) on a pvp server in one of those events, if it's done the same.
Last edited by Draxal; 05-14-2012 at 04:05 PM.
BattleMonkey
Member
(05-14-2012, 04:25 PM)
BattleMonkey's Avatar

Originally Posted by Draxal

It's utterly broken because I do not have any faith in the pvp design team. The class changes in the 1.2 patch. Not to mention the mess that Ilum was, the fix that made it even worse, and the whole rated warzone debacle (yanking it last second was poor form), and the whole class problems in Huttball.

The pvp as is, is fine, they just need to add more to it. Balance issues with Huttball exists, but it will be hard to fix without it affecting other areas. Objective gameplay modes always have issues with class based games, be it mmorpgs, or fps games. Different abilities mixed with different objective game modes creates lot of issues that can crop up that favor one class or another. Balance based on one map is not going to fix things as it often has a negative effect in other areas.

PVP is always a big issue with MMO's, they often go through pains.

World PVP? Yea that is not going to happen so if that is your thing, probably bail out. The WZ pvp play for the most part is fine, it's going to constantly be a changing thing as common with all MMOs
gatti-man
Member
(05-14-2012, 05:20 PM)
gatti-man's Avatar

Originally Posted by Draxal

I don't blame anybody for rerolling to another server (I just see why people don't want to reroll to another server at this point, leveling without any legacy would be too frustrating for alot of people including me).

Bioware's in a really bad situation right now in how they're handling the servers, since because they are glacially slow at doing anything about it. For example, single server LFG might of worked when the game originally released, but right now it's going to do nothing, as most servers are too barren to support it.

edit. Just saw the world pvp question, world pvp only occured during the Rakghoul event (the quests were the same for both sides, otherwise the quests are way too apart). I would hate to be on the weaker side (most likely republic) on a pvp server in one of those events, if it's done the same.

At this point what does legacy provide that really helps besides rocket boost? The armor is gimicky and the companion boost isnt even needed. Ive died like twice lvling to 34.
Isaccard
Member
(05-14-2012, 05:27 PM)
Isaccard's Avatar

Originally Posted by gatti-man

Anyone else notice on fatman how much trash reps talk in pvp? If im on a crappy team the reps are talking crap before i am. They are all over /say in matches ive been in. Its pretty funny.

Wish our reps would talk more. Everyone's got a stick up their ass here. But yeah, KV for me is still pretty good, and I dont feel like living it.
Last edited by Isaccard; 05-14-2012 at 05:32 PM.
BattleMonkey
Member
(05-14-2012, 05:27 PM)
BattleMonkey's Avatar

Originally Posted by gatti-man

At this point what does legacy provide that really helps besides rocket boost? The armor is gimicky and the companion boost isnt even needed. Ive died like twice lvling to 34.

The presence buffs and such help give a boost at leveling alts, and stuff like the rocket boots and ship unlocks being universal is nice. With 1.3 I think Legacy stuff will become more important with what is being added.

It's not a big deal though.
bjb
Banned
(05-14-2012, 05:47 PM)
bjb's Avatar
The Hero Engine simply can't support more than 20 players on screen at once.

Therefore any PvP will have to be heavily instanced from here on out.

This game has just been an absolute debacle from day one. BioWare is doing next-to nothing to alleviate any problems.

Instead, they're living in some arrogant fantasy land that everything is fine. And consumers are excited to hear them mouth-breathe over "rocket boots".

Can't wait to see their next quarterly report. Investors are going to sink along with the ship.
BattleMonkey
Member
(05-14-2012, 06:02 PM)
BattleMonkey's Avatar

Originally Posted by bjb

The Hero Engine simply can't support more than 20 players on screen at once.

Therefore any PvP will have to be heavily instanced from here on out.

This game has just been an absolute debacle from day one. BioWare is doing next-to nothing to alleviate any problems.

Instead, they're living in some arrogant fantasy land that everything is fine. And consumers are excited to hear them mouth-breathe over "rocket boots".

Can't wait to see their next quarterly report. Investors are going to sink along with the ship.

During the Rhakghoul event we had much larger battles than 20 players on screen and it worked fine. The game can easily go beyond the current 8 vs 8, but for a two faction mmo they are going to always have to stick to instanced pvp. World pvp with only 2 factions always doesn't work as it has always been who can zerg the other side with most players, and player pop imbalances ruin it.

You need more than 2 factions or it has to be at least partially instanced combat. Only world pvp that works, is for factionless games like EVE where players form their own alliances. SWTOR will never have world pvp that works
Last edited by BattleMonkey; 05-14-2012 at 06:08 PM.
Draxal
Member
(05-14-2012, 06:13 PM)
Draxal's Avatar

Originally Posted by gatti-man

At this point what does legacy provide that really helps besides rocket boost? The armor is gimicky and the companion boost isnt even needed. Ive died like twice lvling to 34.

Armor sucks, presence boost is pretty gigantic, i'm up to 200 bonus presence now, and the effect on companions is rather large. The problem I specifally have is that you're abandoning a legacy that you built up. For example I unlocked all 8 character customizations from the Rakghoul event, and some people like me wouldn't be able to abandon that.
BattleMonkey
Member
(05-14-2012, 06:27 PM)
BattleMonkey's Avatar
If they can't get server merges sorted out in time, hopefully they put focus on getting out cross server queues. It's coming for pvp but they might as well get it going for instances as well if they can't get merges going for some time.
StudioTan
Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
(05-14-2012, 07:02 PM)
StudioTan's Avatar

Originally Posted by BattleMonkey

During the Rhakghoul event we had much larger battles than 20 players on screen and it worked fine. The game can easily go beyond the current 8 vs 8, but for a two faction mmo they are going to always have to stick to instanced pvp. World pvp with only 2 factions always doesn't work as it has always been who can zerg the other side with most players, and player pop imbalances ruin it.

You need more than 2 factions or it has to be at least partially instanced combat. Only world pvp that works, is for factionless games like EVE where players form their own alliances. SWTOR will never have world pvp that works

+1, we had 2 full raid groups fighting each other and trying to kill the infected Bantha boss and his adds. It ran just fine for me.
gatti-man
Member
(05-14-2012, 07:22 PM)
gatti-man's Avatar

Originally Posted by bjb

The Hero Engine simply can't support more than 20 players on screen at once.

Therefore any PvP will have to be heavily instanced from here on out.

This game has just been an absolute debacle from day one. BioWare is doing next-to nothing to alleviate any problems.

Instead, they're living in some arrogant fantasy land that everything is fine. And consumers are excited to hear them mouth-breathe over "rocket boots".

Can't wait to see their next quarterly report. Investors are going to sink along with the ship.

Well you are completely wrong. Im sorry your pc cant handle more than 20 people moving around at once. During the rakghoul event my world boss ops team tangled with a rep side ops team gunning for the same world boss. Easily over 35 people all fighting and smooth as glass.

Your bias is so heavy at this point i wouldnt believe you if you said the sky was blue.

Thread Tools