Originally Posted by elty
I am wondering if someone can provide some short info on each plane type for every country at the early tiers... their strength and weakness etc so I can focus what to research.
My favorite performers at tier 3 and below, in order of relative strength:
- F6F Hellcat, F4Fs Wildcats, P47s Thunderbolts, P39s Cobras, F4Us Corsairs, A20G Havoc (really good attacker), P63 King Cobras. Got a problem? Add more 50 cals until it's solved. American tree is consistently good with few turds.
- you will be going down the He, Fw, and Do lines. Skip the far left (Italian) line except for the CR 42 Falco. You will be racing down the 109 and Fw 190 trees, getting more speed and firepower as you go.
- Literally everything is good. Bombers are below average, IMO. Get to the derp gun Yaks asap (Yak-9T, 9k). Planes of every flavor here. Don't be fooled by the small number of guns and ammo count. Russian cannons are the best and are easy to hit with.
- I hope you like Spitfires. Hurricanes are good at their tier. Beaufighter line is very powerful. Average bombers. Early on, small caliber guns means lots of time on target needed for kills. Great dogfighters.
- the Ki-43 will be your first murder machine. From there, you will acquire progressively better Zeros. The Ki-45s are good twin engine fighters for fleshing out a lineup. Japanese bombers are nimble but fragile and the payload isn't the best. Not for the faint of heart, Japan requires a lot of patience but the reward is the best handling planes in the game. For people who prefer a scalpel to a sledgehammer. In the hands of a skilled pilot a Zero will be your worst nightmare.