• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

I feel like it's strong but I'm not sure. There's a ton of variables in play here.

It's likely not going to stick on the board for more than a turn so you need to get value out of it when you play it, which means 6 mana minimum.

Cloaked Huntress has to be factored in as well. If you can get them both on the board at the same time with a couple secrets in hand then it starts to get nuts. Of course if it puts a secret you're holding into play then you can't play the one in your hand so there's that to consider too.

I don't know, this is a potentially crazy card but there's a lot to consider as well. I think Hunter needs a new, playable secret for Secret Hunter to start showing up again.

Blizzard

Banned
I would think at minimum Hunter needs a way to draw/generate secrets. If it's playing cards from your hand, that means you'll have to not take much damage until turn 5-7, yet also have secrets in your hand. And if it plays extras from your hand, then your hand is going to be nearly empty.

If it generates a totally random Hunter secret mage-style that's a little better but a lot of RNG.

wiibomb

A 2 mana, 2/2 hunter minion: add a random hunter secret to your hand, might help.

Although, I still think hunter needs more secrets in standard for this legendary.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Interesting effect. It means that regardless of whatever secrets you play, some of them are truly secret. They have to play around anything possible instead of knowing which one your deck is likely to run. Makes for a fun idea.

I think with Cloaked huntress still in the game this makes a certain type of deck more viable. Not clear if that deck is good vs whatever comes out this patch, but it would be hilarious to see.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Eater of Secrets pt2- Destroy all Secrets in play, Destroy all Secrets in both decks, Dust all Secrets in your opponent's collection

You can steal this idea Blizzard I won't sue you

butts

Played against a pirate warrior, standard stuff, until he turn 5 plays Shifter Zerus which happens to be a Southsea Captain. What are the odds, not only was he playing that card in a pirate warrior but it also turns into Southsea. Still won but it was a real WTF moment.

Dahbomb

Source: https://twitter.com/PlayHearthstone/status/890015983770914816

Rehosted:
dfn4cyouwaazyzwhpjwv.jpg

I wonder if this means more Hunter secrets will be added.

Oh yay another bad Hunter legendary.

What's this... their 10th bad Legendary in a row?

gutshot

Oh yay another bad Hunter legendary.

What's this... their 10th bad Legendary in a row?

Pretty much. And they can't even use the excuse of Hunter being too good to get powerful Legendaries. The class has consistently been Tier 3 since Naxx and GVG rotated out.

Hopefully arthas is more interesting than equip a weapon or deathrattle equip a weapon. BTW, a neutral legendary that gives a strong straight up weapon... fk that. I don't even want to see that. BUT, if it is something that isn't easy to achieve, sort of like a quasi-quest, sort of like feugan and stallag sort of deal... could be cool. Maybe arthas shuffles the weapon into your deck. Okay maybe?

I would probably be disappointed to see a neutral tirion in the game, of any form.

Honestly I think that's a good card.

It's just that, what's a Hunter going to do with it? :p

i mean there's only like 100 more cards that could interact with it guys.

this is blizzard, i would love 1 mana secret: play a random secret card for hunter , hunter deserves a stupid rng spell like all other classes have, and it would be perfect, cheap, but random so you can't pick a great one and your opponent knows you didn't plan and could be anything

Dahbomb

Pretty much. And they can't even use the excuse of Hunter being too good to get powerful Legendaries. The class has consistently been Tier 3 since Naxx and GVG rotated out.

Terribly designed class is terrible.

Hunter has been good in between though but it's usually some degenerate aggressive/curve deck. Hunter had broken Call of the Wild not too long ago.

wiibomb

Hopefully arthas is more interesting than equip a weapon or deathrattle equip a weapon. BTW, a neutral legendary that gives a strong straight up weapon... fk that. I don't even want to see that. BUT, if it is something that isn't easy to achieve, sort of like a quasi-quest, sort of like feugan and stallag sort of deal... could be cool. Maybe arthas shuffles the weapon into your deck. Okay maybe?

I would probably be disappointed to see a neutral tirion in the game, of any form.

What is interesting about shuffling the weapon instead of just playing it?

Also, I have to disagree, I love what team 5 did with medivh, they made a controllish tempo card out of it that has enables some decks, like the control priest kibler player or a control-tempo mage. I really liked that design. It is rather slow, but there were some interesting decisions behind it (high cost spell or low cost board control spell?)

gutshot

Terribly designed class is terrible.

Hunter has been good in between though but it's usually some degenerate aggressive/curve deck. Hunter had broken Call of the Wild not too long ago.

Yeah, they were good during that month or so when they had 8 mana CotW. Outside of that though, they've been pretty garbage. They aren't even the best aggro class any more as they've been outclassed by Pirate Warrior, Token Shaman, Murloc Paladin, etc.

I would love for Arthas to be a nuetral turn 10 jarraxus. Frostmourne with life steal and some crazy hero power, like half the stats of something on the field once per turn.

wiibomb

I would love for Arthas to be a nuetral turn 10 jarraxus. Frostmourne with life steal and some crazy hero power, like half the stats of something on the field once per turn.

If it would be up to me, I would try to make an Arthas card deathrattle turn your hero into the Lich King, pretty much like Executus, but Arthas may be not replacing the health, or at least having an usable amount, at least 15.

It may not be the best, but I think a design like that could perfectly fit the idea of Arthas as I've read from his lore.

What is interesting about shuffling the weapon instead of just playing it?

Also, I have to disagree, I love what team 5 did with medivh, they made a controllish tempo card out of it that has enables some decks, like the control priest kibler player or a control-tempo mage. I really liked that design. It is rather slow, but there were some interesting decisions behind it (high cost spell or low cost board control spell?)

Medivh is not giving a straight up strong weapon. Having a neutral tirionlike card is way different.

Shuffling a weapon is a twist that makes it different. You're presumably playing this card late and the real pay off is even later, unlike tirion or other weapon generating cards.

Medivh is not giving a straight up strong weapon. Having a neutral tirionlike card is way different.

Shuffling a weapon is a twist that makes it different. You're presumably playing this card late and the real pay off is even later, unlike tirion or other weapon generating cards.

Regardless, I want a badass animation to play when it attacks.

Actually, they should go back and give Gorehowl a unique animation, too. Legendary weapons like these should have more noteworthy effects.

wiibomb

Making the weapon a later play sounds risky, since a late game legendary is already late, even later risk it to being quite unplayable unless the weapon reward is something huge (I don't know, make the board full of 5/5 minions? Somthing like that? Even with that I doubt it)

It could be interesting, but sounds a little too greedy.

Cat Party

I'm guessing Arthas will be powerful but will harm you or your minions in some drastic way. Hopefully it's some mechanic we've never seen before.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Regardless, I want a badass animation to play when it attacks.

Actually, they should go back and give Gorehowl a unique animation, too. Legendary weapons like these should have more noteworthy effects.

Sadly Gorehowl is an epic card in this game (despite it being one of a kind in the WoW lore) which means it won't get a flashy entrance. They should add some cool entrances for legendary weapons though. Ashbringer, Medivh's Staff are exceedingly cool and could be cooler.

Sadly Gorehowl is an epic card in this game (despite it being one of a kind in the WoW lore) which means it won't get a flashy entrance. They should add some cool entrances for legendary weapons though. Ashbringer, Medivh's Staff are exceedingly cool and could be cooler.

Yeah, that's just a mistake on their part. Anything "named" should be unique.

Blizzard

Banned
7 runs in a row with no mage now. 6% odds of happening. I'm determined to see how far this rabbit hole goes, but maybe that's Blizzard's strategy to eat my gold. :p
Hey everyone, guess what?

8 arena runs in a row, no mage. 4% odds. On the 9th I got mage though.

Why mirror image
Source: http://www.hearthpwn.com/news/3047-new-mage-card-revealed-ghastly-conjurer

Rehosted (the Twitter images don't work on my browser for some reason):
dfozlstxuaai8yczqj9e.jpg

When mirror image is good, holy crap is it good. The card kind of reminds me of razorleaf lasher, but fuel for antonidas instead of auctioneer and instead of 1 damage you're getting the taunts. It's an interesting card for sure.

I am really hoping that Reno Quest Mage becomes viable in this set. I could see myself putting this card in that deck, but nothing else.

Peléo;244516558 said:
Erm, I don't really like the design, it completely misses the point of secrets, which are something you are suposed to play around.

Card is really strong though, it makes the deck more consistent since Secret Mages won't be stuck with secrets in the hand. I think it will be a 2-of in every single Secret Mage deck.

You're confusing Mirror Image with Mirror Entity.

Mirror Image is the 1 mana summon two 0/2 taunts.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Rehosted (the Twitter images don't work on my browser for some reason):
dfozlstxuaai8yczqj9e.jpg

Now this really seems like a card that won't make sense until we see the rest of the expansion. It's so oddly specific and has a low attack stat. Why?

Top Bottom