• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

TheNatural

My Member!
You guys think we have it bad? I flat out saw the worst screwjob, fixed decision I've ever, EVER seen in my entire life just now with Rios and Abril. They literally had 9 rounds AT LEAST to Abril, everyone scoring the fight. And Rios wins by split decision.

I can't overstate what a screwjob this was. Dan Rafael is going nuts on Twitter and ESPN's own official Twitter page for boxing is calling it a screwjob.

Holy shit.

You guys think we have it bad? I flat out saw the worst screwjob, fixed decision I've ever, EVER seen in my entire life just now with Rios and Abril. They literally had 9 rounds AT LEAST to Abril, everyone scoring the fight. And Rios wins by split decision.

I can't overstate what a screwjob this was. Dan Rafael is going nuts on Twitter and ESPN's own official Twitter page for boxing is calling it a screwjob.

Holy shit.
Baaahahaha good thing I didn't waste my money on that bullshit... Learned my lesson after paying for tickets to Hopkins vs Dawson

ShaneB

Missed the event earlier due to work and watching some fantastic playoff hockey. Sounds like I missed a good event, spoiled myself because I was curious on my picks, looks like I did pretty well.

TheNatural

My Member!
Baaahahaha good thing I didn't waste my money on that bullshit... Learned my lesson after paying for tickets to Hopkins vs Dawson

It's a good reminder all the shit we talk about in here is piddly shit compared to the fucking king of corruption sport. People can bitch about drug testing, decisions in fights like Condit-Diaz, or LOL Cecil Peoples - but this shit has NOTHING on boxing.

There is absolutely no shame in these HBO "set up" fights, which is exactly what this card was, to get Rios to stay undefeated and set up a fight with Marquez winning too. It doesn't matter what the unheralded underdog does, like Abril flat out outboxing Rios, the home crowd and HBO pick will flat out get the screwjob. Every. Fucking. Time. It's not sports, it's not even entertainment, it's just a fucking pathetic scam to fuck everyone over except the hand picked setup winner the promotions invested in.

ShaneB

Sigh. I use to like Bones when he was a new face in the UFC. Now I just want him to lose and lose all hype that the UFC is pumping into him.

IrishNinja

are ya'll talking @ TUF this season in this thread, or is there a proper OT for it? one of my good friends growing up is competing this season, so i'm all hyped watching it and shit!

IrishNinja

cool.
catching up on friday's episode soon, but going into it...i'm rooting for Team Cruz because Mike Rio is a childhood friend of mine (he's gonna go all the way, too!), but damn, these last few fights it's been hard not to go for Faber's guys...Chiesa took that cheap knee-shot but he was otherwise dominated Larson, i thought. and this week's matchup, i don't know shit about Proctor but it's hard to get excited about Tickle, personally.

yacobod

Banned
how was the young mauler vs silva fight last night? i ended up getting skunk drunk and not watching the fights. i accidentally recorded the preflight on fuel and not the fights.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
You guys should check the latest Middleeasy rumor mill

• There's a rumor floating around Russia that Fedor Emelianenko's next opponent will be Tim Sylvia.
    [*]However, there's another rumor that originates from the US that Fedor's next opponent will be Bobby Lashley, but it seems that he's pricing himself out of the potential bout.
  • Bellator/Viacom has barred certain media outlets from getting access to Bellator events or communications. Unfortunately, MiddleEasy is one of those outlets.
  • There is 0% chance Mark Hunt will get a title shot if Alistair Overeem is unable to compete against Junior dos Santos.
  • Sort of a wild rumor, but when K-1 comes to Los Angeles later this year, Jean-Claude Van Damme may actually compete at the event. Yeah, I know. I'll believe it when I see it.

And more!

Hopefully not a dumb question or something that has been run into the ground here (I searched I promise!), but myself and a few friends are casual followers of UFC stuff, and we will be in Vegas during UFC 148... Worth going to? Or better to catch at a bar on the strip (and which one)?

TheNatural

My Member!
Hopefully not a dumb question or something that has been run into the ground here (I searched I promise!), but myself and a few friends are casual followers of UFC stuff, and we will be in Vegas during UFC 148... Worth going to? Or better to catch at a bar on the strip (and which one)?

Who the fuck are ...

j/k

I've never been to a UFC show myself, or Vegas, but maybe poly can answer.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
What is with Mike Winkeljohn's eye?

YUth8l.jpg

edit: glass eye

TheNatural

My Member!
"A relatively large MMA site has their ZUFFA credentials revoked this month due to some tweets that were published in late March/early April."

Uncle Dana KGB in effect. Another thing where UFC wants to play with the big boys in sports, handle criticism or things you don't like people saying better.

Heel

Bad MMA tonight at 6 BCT on Sherdog. Don't be scared, homies! Hopefully they aren't fighting amongst the shadows like Jens.

ZqaxV.jpg

Who the fuck are ...

j/k

I've never been to a UFC show myself, or Vegas, but maybe poly can answer.
Judging from the lineup, I have a feeling you should be able to get tickets below face value on StubHub or something a day or two prior to the event, or even the day of. Probably $150 a head for seats up top that aren't horrible.

If you don't want to see the fights in person you can either go to the MGM grand and pay less to watch it on closed circuit TV right there, or go to a place like Lagasse's Stadium which is a great sports bar inside the Palazzo that I would recommend.. I'm pretty sure that they'll show it there but you may want to double check.

As for K-1, if that comes to LA I will be there with floor seats if they're not too expensive. So hyped for that.

"A relatively large MMA site has their ZUFFA credentials revoked this month due to some tweets that were published in late March/early April."

Uncle Dana KGB in effect. Another thing where UFC wants to play with the big boys in sports, handle criticism or things you don't like people saying better.

Anyone got a clue of who this is about?

ShaneB

Seeing highlights of the card yesterday. Best part, Stann realizing his opponent was out and showing sportsmanship. Really loved that.

Seeing highlights of the card yesterday. Best part, Stann realizing his opponent was out and showing sportsmanship. Really loved that.
That could've bit Stann in the ass big time though. You're supposed to keep going until the ref stops you. Sakara could have easily recovered and the ref could have said to continue.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
That could've bit Stann in the ass big time though. You're supposed to keep going until the ref stops you. Sakara could have easily recovered and the ref could have said to continue.

And Stann would have continued to destroy him. I'm sure he'd have kept going if it were Anderson Silva. But he could have beaten Sakara with both hands and at least one foot tied behind his back.

Heel

He'd be a fun addition to the roster match up wise. I like the idea of him against sluggers like Stann, Boetsch, Leben, Vitor etc. Not sure how his TDD will fare against the elite, though.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
He'd be a fun addition to the roster match up wise. I like the idea of him against sluggers like Stann, Boetsch, Leben, Vitor etc. Not sure how his TDD will fare against the elite, though.

Is he a Judo champion or am I mixing him up with someone else?

Top Bottom