• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I may be able to get a copy today. Now the question is PS3 or 360? I'm going to write down my console situation so that I can get my ideas in order, and to get a bit of feedback.

PS3: Launch 60GB model, 14GB free, almost assured dust build-up
360: Slim 250GB, >200GB free, good condition

From a "I hope the console doesn't crap out on me" point of view I'm inclined for the 360 version, but of course there's the risk it may very well be the GTA IV PS3 of GTA V. Well, at least it's the good kind of problem.

I'd go with the 360. I had a slim for a few years and never had a problem with it, and you have a launch ps3, maybe V won't be kind to it as it's going to push the ps3 to its limit which usually results in YLOD. ( surprised yours lasted this long ;) )

Don't be worried about the 360 getting a dumbed down version, there's very little chance of that happening, and as history has proven it might have a slight edge over the ps3 version.

KAP151

Its almost 7pm Friday night. A few drinks with the Mrs and a movie. Thats another day down.

Then there is the weekend.

Monday will be excruciating.

If you have Xbox Live just go with the 360 version. It is your safest bet.

I have a PS3 (2008/2009) model with 80GB and a Phat 360 with HDMI from 2008.

There is no safest bet if you were in my shoes.

In your situation I would not think too much.

I'd go with the 360. I had a slim for a few years and never had a problem with it, and you have a launch ps3, maybe V won't be kind to it as it's going to push the ps3 to its limit which usually results in YLOD. ( surprised yours lasted this long ;) )

Don't be worried about the 360 getting a dumbed down version, there's very little chance of that happening, and as history has proven it might have a slight edge over the ps3 version.

Thanks for the answers guys! Yeah, with TLOU the fan was roaring something fierce and after playing IV on PS3 I'm really open to the idea of going 360 for V. Thanks again :D

Tesco cancelled my CE and are going to take 5 days to refund me. Disgusting. Guess it's the regular edition for me. I hope to god that the classic characters for online and other stuff become DLC

I have a question. I'm afraid my ps3 is going to crap out on me when I get this game. I have the slim ps3 and recently it froze a few times on me. The first couple times it was when I was playing saints row 4, but it occurred when there was a lot of chaos going on. And recently, it froze at random when I was playing FIFA, which was the first time it ever froze when I played FIFA. Do you guys think its safe to assume that my ps3 is going to die soon? I got the ps3 slim around 2 years ago. I just want to be safe about it because I've been waiting for this game as much as anybody on this forum and it would truly suck if the ps3 died on me because of this game.

I have a question. I'm afraid my ps3 is going to crap out on me when I get this game. I have the slim ps3 and recently it froze a few times on me. The first couple times it was when I was playing saints row 4, but it occurred when there was a lot of chaos going on. And recently, it froze at random when I was playing FIFA, which was the first time it ever froze when I played FIFA. Do you guys think its safe to assume that my ps3 is going to die soon? I got the ps3 slim around 2 years ago.

It's not entirely symptomatic of a dying console it could have been poor cooling at that time. However it does suggest something is at fault. If you have other consoles like an Xbox 360 I'd recommend that.

It's not entirely symptomatic of a dying console it could have been poor cooling at that time. However it does suggest something is at fault. If you have other consoles like an Xbox 360 I'd recommend that.

I do but none of my friends are getting it for 360. I did make it through TLOU fine and I didn't notice the fan going crazy. I've also read that a lot of people had the same problems for saints row 4. Could it be just that I'm overthinking it?

I do but none of my friends are getting it for 360. I did make it through TLOU fine and I didn't notice the fan going crazy. I've also read that a lot of people had the same problems for saints row 4. Could it be just that I'm overthinking it?
Certainly could be. I've got a launch unit that has a crash now and then but it's fine for the most part. My best advice is of you are going with pa3 try to keep it as ventilated as possible and I know it's not easy but try to take a break now and then to let the ps3 have some cooling off time

red731

The band Wavves performed at the Conan O Brian show last night, you know, the guys that are in the GTA 5 soundtrack. Check out the singers hat ;)

http://youtu.be/Vyl-U-crH3s

4fafd942e2426.png

Nice. So freakin' close.

I have a day one PAL PS3. Does anyone really think it's risky for me to play GTA V on this system?
I've never bothered with this. Should I buy another system? :(

I really don't want to since I've had this one since launch and I'd rather spend some money on games or for a PS4 this fall.

Chû Totoro;81585769 said:
I have a day one PAL PS3. Does anyone really think it's risky for me to play GTA V on this system?
I've never bothered with this. Should I buy another system? :(

I really don't want to since I've had this one since launch and I'd rather spend some money on games or for a PS4 this fall.

It should work. Do not worry. Buying a new system for €200,- if you are only going to use it for GTA V is not something you should do. You are better off investing that money in the PS4 or Xbone.

Interesting link, I'll give it a try when I get home.

Sony's service center usually gives that information over the phone for last resort if people have a YLOD. It makes the fan blow out air instead of sucking it in at the bottom, thus removing some of the dust.

Aaaaannnddd the SPOILER thread is locked! Heads up everyone. It is going to be crowded here once again.

clockpunk

Hoody hoo, a colleague who goes camping regularly has just loaned me a folding chair and thermos.

Been advised to be there for around 2200 as the store is expecting c.120-150 people for the launch (the busiest Game store in Scotland, apparently), but I might just get there for 2100. Have a load of comics on the iPad to read, so that should help.

I'm hoping they'll give out numbered tickets once the que is formed, so that people don't actually have to sit in line for the 3 hours or so, but... who knows.

This will be my first midnight launch.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I feel like the spoiler thread being locked is going to bring some dummies in here posting stuff. Watch out y'all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom