• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4k gaming TVs to Target on Prime Day?

Special C

Everyone sings the praises of the KS8000, but who knows what will be available on prime day and what won't. TVs get snapped up fast so it's good to have some research and options figured out before hand. Anyone have any good advice?

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Everyone sings the praises of the KS8000, but who knows what will be available on prime day and what won't. TVs get snapped up fast so it's good to have some research and options figured out before hand. Anyone have any good advice?

Wait to see what's on sale and then consult RTINGS?

Wait to see what's on sale and then consult RTINGS?

This.

I do worry that these cheap "4k" "HDR" tvs will turn off players in thinking that 4k or hdr isn't worth it.

As a samsung ks8000 owner I feel that 4k and true hdr games are next gen must on new consoles like ps5 -
I truly hope that if possible Nintendo switch can adapt to hdr tv's ( I know 4k is not possible , but at-least hdr?)

From my experience selling TVs, there should still be a few 2016 models available for a fraction of their original retail price. Also, you can haggle on open box pricing on these already discounted 2016 models. Good luck!

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Honestly, if you live in the U.S., generally there are two times during the year which you can likely beat Prime Day savings on TVs. They are around November, or around the time of the Superbowl (on February 4th this year).

I would wait for one of these, especially if someone might be in the market to buy either a PS4 Pro or XBOX One X around the holidays.

If you can't wait, or don't want to wait, different story.

Top Bottom