• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT2| I'd Rather Watch The EUROS Than Play

I just have to say connection/server/matchmaking-wise, this new update is nothing short of a disaster. Yeah the whole "no starting a game with AI" is great and all, but how about we give it more than 20 seconds before canceling the match, especially when countless times someone is in the process of joining and it still cancels.

On top of that, I have had this game lock up at least half a dozen times in the last week when it almost never crashed before. Finally, having the ability to "Find New Match" straight from the post-game menu in Casual like it is in Competitive would be a start to mitigating this new way of matchmaking.

Sorry for the mini rant, but the second lock up in as many hours today was enough.

Machina

Banned
I have a 20XX mystery decal I'm willing to trade if anyone on GAF is interested. I'm looking to grab the Animus, the Mantis and a couple of keys but I'm willing to haggle

Holy shit lol well then. Thanks for being honest despite my ignorance, you could've easily ripped me off and I'd be none the wiser :)

Platform is Steam

Stand corrected seems like 20xx dropped a bit and is at around 20+ but still. I don't like seeing people from this thread make bad trades. =)

Here is what most people use. Keep in mind most offer the low end or lower and ask for the high end or higher. Trading can get pretty frustrating in this game but if you are willing to not haggle over a key or two trades come easy.

Price sheet

Stand corrected seems like 20xx dropped a bit and is at around 20+ but still. I don't like seeing people from this thread make bad trades. =)

Here is what most people use. Keep in mind most offer the low end or lower and ask for the high end or higher. Trading can get pretty frustrating in this game but if you are willing to not haggle over a key or two trades come easy.

Price sheet

Wow, thanks for the link. I want to trade some items/keys for Draco wheels and Animus GP but I didn't know really how much they cost.

I would recommend against using price sheets, at least for more expensive items. There's always been a lot of discussion on the potential for price manipulation by the people who run those. There's been some evidence but mostly just secondhand reports of people boasting about it; so nothing really substantiated. Still, I recommend just research a trading site you trust or an aggregator like RL TradeFinder:

https://www.rl-trades.com/

I switched from mainly using the Rocket League Exchange on reddit (which I still recommend) to the website above. It's very easy to look up what people are offering and choose what you think is fair. I don't even bother negotiating anymore. I just wait for a good deal and hop on it when I see it.

Generally if you see most people selling an item for around a particular price, that's close to the market value. For example, Animus is being listed for 4-5 keys but you occasionally see 3 keys as well as 6+ (the latter mostly by people who are hoping to catch others not paying attention). That would mean a good offer to someone right now would be around 4 keys, though you might be able to get it for 3 or 3+adds. This jives with the price sheet right now, but the market can often move more quickly than a sheet like that can be accurately and fairly updated.

Just keep in mind that as soon as an item drops by a key, you'll see quicksells at one key below that. So if you plan on selling something like Animus that's quickly dropping, you need to be aware that most buyers are probably offering 3 right now, but will quickly switch to 2 once sellers price more of them at 3. That's just the way it works. And remember that the value of an item is not what someone is selling it for, it's what people are willing to pay for it.

AlexIIDX

I wish there was a 5 minute waiting period to start a game after quitting casual games. The amount of quitters is ridiculous. And if you're quitting cause something comes up, 5 minutes aint much.

I dunno how but despite there being no MMR reset I'm getting a boat load of semi-pro/rookie ranks showing up. It's making me put the game down after just a couple matches again. I'm not gonna complain that they suck or anything they're just new, but it's not a lot of fun for anyone involved when they're getting dropped in with players who have hundreds or thousands of hours. The skill gap is so wide it's impossible to get any semblance of teamwork going.

J. Bravo

smurfs and / or platform transfers probably.

rocket league bday party in san diego!! glad we moved here haha. totally gonna try to go , depends on the ticket cost tho. but they will have 3v3 set up ... time to showcase drunk RL skills!

rafaelr

US Registration now open for the UNIVERSAL OPEN ROCKET LEAGUE

Do you think you have what it takes to be a Rocket League champion? Players of all skill levels will have the chance to prove it this summer and register for the Universal Open Rocket League, an all-new 2v2 Rocket League tournament put on in partnership with NBC and FACEIT. Xbox One and PC players in the U.S., ages 13 and older, will get to compete for a piece of the $100,000 prize pool, and a chance to appear on television to prove who is the best 2v2 duo in Rocket League. US registration is now open on FACEIT.com, and we’ve got all the details for players looking to compete!

European players, we will have more information to come soon about the European Open Qualifiers. We’ll be finding the four best European teams to bring to The Grand Finals in Santa Ana, California, so stay tuned for more information on sign-up dates!

more at the link.

v1lla21

Was playing on ps4 and got beat badly in singles. Guy invites me to chat just to tell me in Spanish, "no mames wey me la pelaste bonito."

iosa

Damn didnt get much luck in my first 50+ crates but in the last 10 or so, i got 20xx, white hexphase, crimson mantis and just now bubbly.

PATCH NOTES V1.36

BUG FIXES

GENERAL
Casual Matches will no longer cancel if the server does not have enough players. Bots will once again fill slots for missing players
The “Find Match” button on the Matchmaking menu can now be selected/highlighted, allowing you to search for a match by pressing A (Xbox) or Cross (PS4) when the button is selected
Further optimized Supersonic Trails that were causing FPS and performance issues on some hardware
Fixed a bug with Quick Chat that caused players to automatically say “Great Pass!” or other options instead of being able to select an intended chat option
Fixed a bug where typing in Party Chat in the Main Menu would skip songs in the selected Playlist
Reverted a change that caused Controller Vibration to be weaker since the Anniversary update
The “Hide Competitive Divisions” option will now work correctly with the new Find Match menu
Corrected a suspension issue with the Batmobile and Mantis that caused them to be more visually elevated than pre-Anniversary Update
Fixed issues with the grass on Champions Field on Low and Medium Graphics settings
Fixed a bug with Spectator cameras focusing on the center of the field after a goal is scored
Fixed issue where an item’s quality was not being verified during a trade
Reduced Car Engine volume relative to other sounds and made distant cars less audible
Corrected timing on Champions Field Announcer narration

Ended up trading my Grey Turbine wheels and, when all was said and done, flipped it for:

Grey Mantis
Slipstream
Parallax
K2
Roulette

Also, got Friction and Blazer from trade-ins. Might look to sell those off quickly.

Grinchy

Banned
I'm glad they are fixing that annoying announcer on Champion's Field. That maps is so great but the announcer almost ruined it.

Does anyone have games where their timing is all wrong and just can't get any rhythm going. Only to then have a few games in a row where everything you touch turns to gold ?

I had a few stinkers, missed everything, from classy air shots, to ground dribbles, blocking shots etc. To then playing 6 games in a row where I nailed everything, including tin-arse air-aerobatics (jumping up to stop goals, intercept balls and score fluke shots).

Does anyone have games where their timing is all wrong and just can't get any rhythm going. Only to then have a few games in a row where everything you touch turns to gold ?

I had a few stinkers, missed everything, from classy air shots, to ground dribbles, blocking shots etc. To then playing 6 games in a row where I nailed everything, including tin-arse air-aerobatics (jumping up to stop goals, intercept balls and score fluke shots).
Either ping... or just being matched up against someone who is ranked lower than their true skill would translate to.

Either ping... or just being matched up against someone who is ranked lower than their true skill would translate to.

I wish I could blame lag, I've had it happen in exhibition games against the cpu AI too lol :(.

I do get a little too over excited in proper online matches and jump too early, mistiming the speed of the ball drop.

Game is bloody good fun though, just as addictive as Fifa for me.

I can't even hear the announcer on the map. Didn't know about it until I saw it mentioned in this thread. Probably something that I did with my audio settings for this game ages ago. I just hear sound effects. I tend to play this game on a lower volume generally.

Norfair

Casual Matches will no longer cancel if the server does not have enough players. Bots will once again fill slots for missing players

Oh thank god. Half the matches I played would end in a not enough players message since the patch. Even when the teams would fill before kick off started. Was really annoying because 1 or 2 people would quit when the match ended and you would start all over again.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
I'm tired of how rare crates are. Two days and not one crate handed out.

I should be able to buy them on PSN store, and they should be mor commonly given out after matches.

TheKeyPit

Banned

There is something like this: https://youtube.com/watch?v=oKnpcgHEV7E (Heavy car feeling)

Cess007

Played a match with 10mins of overtime yesterday, and lost 'cause a team-mate missed a clearing and then I was unable to completely save the shot on the line. I've never felt as crushed as last night : (

Noobcraft

Played a match with 10mins of overtime yesterday, and lost 'cause a team-mate missed a clearing and then I was unable to completely save the shot on the line. I've never felt as crushed as last night : (
Bummer. Losing in OT is always disappointing. I won a game with over 14 mins overtime once. It's always super disappointing when overtime ends in like 15 seconds too (bad kick-off).

Unicorn

One of those days just casual matches set my fury through the roof.

What do I need to get an Animus? are CC1 and CC2 crates worth a key each yet?

One of those days just casual matches set my fury through the roof.

What do I need to get an Animus? are CC1 and CC2 crates worth a key each yet?

Not even close. But it's quickly dropping to two keys, so if you can flip several CC1/CC2 & an OD crate for 2 keys within the next 24 hours, you should be able to snag one sooner than later.

I've been wanting one myself, and have 8 keys, but I really want to nab 20xx so I'm saving up for that.

Unicorn

Not even close. But it's quickly dropping to two keys, so if you can flip several CC1/CC2 & an OD crate for 2 keys within the next 24 hours, you should be able to snag one sooner than later.

I've been wanting one myself, and have 8 keys, but I really want to nab 20xx so I'm saving up for that.

Does that mean heatwave is only going to increase in price. I'm shocked labyrinth used to be 30ish keys and saw someone list it for 8 keys on steam forums. my only BM decal and it's devalued only because the colors can't be customized like heatwave and 20XX

Does that mean heatwave is only going to increase in price. I'm shocked labyrinth used to be 30ish keys and saw someone list it for 8 keys on steam forums. my only BM decal and it's devalued only because the colors can't be customized like heatwave and 20XX

20xx, Bubbly and Heatwave are the top tier BM decals.The hexed, paralx and slip followed closely by Spectre. Tora, Biomass and laby are the lowest ones cause like you said they can't be changed. Labyrinth has been below 5 keys for months. You'd be lucky to get 5 actually.

So I decided to open boxes this time around. Opned maybe 6 got 5 decal and one set of non painted wheels. I did get a white striker decal but it was for takumi ffs.

I'm just kind of bored with trading since there's nothing I really want and wanted to see if I could hit it big with something and yeah...Don't open crates lol. I did get a car Animus for the trade up though at least.

Unicorn

20xx, Bubbly and Heatwave are the top tier BM decals.The hexed, paralx and slip followed closely by Spectre. Tora, Biomass and laby are the lowest ones cause like you said they can't be changed. Labyrinth has been below 5 keys for months. You'd be lucky to get 5 actually.

So I decided to open boxes this time around. Opned maybe 6 got 5 decal and one set of non painted wheels. I did get a white striker decal but it was for takumi ffs.

I'm just kind of bored with trading since there's nothing I really want and wanted to see if I could hit it big with something and yeah...Don't open crates lol. I did get a car Animus for the trade up though at least.

I keep forgetting about this, but is this still viable? I mean, at the start people were getting roadhog xl for cheap and flipping it into any BM decal and getting 10x the keys they spent because people didn't realize it was a thing you could do.

Is that still a situation? Can I get 2 Roadhog XL for a key?

I keep forgetting about this, but is this still viable? I mean, at the start people were getting roadhog xl for cheap and flipping it into any BM decal and getting 10x the keys they spent because people didn't realize it was a thing you could do.

Is that still a situation? Can I get 2 Roadhog XL for a key?
Not really unless you want to hope for a painted animus or centio. You need 5 of those trails which are under a key now. I did it when the animus was worth about 5 and I already had some stuff from opening crates. Now I'd say you're better of just getting the car cause you could end up with a fireworks boost.

Unicorn

Not really unless you want to hope for a painted animus or centio. You need 5 of those trails which are under a key now. I did it when the animus was worth about 5 and I already had some stuff from opening crates. Now I'd say you're better of just getting the car cause you could end up with a fireworks boost.

I mean trading in items in-game to try for BM decal to then trade to get keys.

Nah sell your items. People always want overpay if it's in items. Unless you mean trade-ups. They're risky and work best when items are holding value well, which they aren't at all right now.
I think we're in for a big shift in the way value is determined due to:

1. Players realizing that you can invest $35-40 into keys and crate acquisition, trade the resulting drops in, and end up getting some insanely rare painted and or certified drop that you can sell for a minimum 10-20 key return.

And

2. You can just hold onto keys and buy whatever item you want (outside of the exceedingly rare and valuables) within about two weeks of it first appearing.

Quicksells are ruining the market.

Top Bottom