• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mirrors Edge is on the list of fantastic games that desperately need a sequel.

Along with Shadowrun and Chromehounds. I mean shit, Dice is making Battlefield 4 already. I'd rather have ME2 and I LOVE battlefield.

Shadowruns getting a pretty cool sequel. So pumped for it. They just released a pretty cool email about their AI design.

As for Bioshock how could it end without taking down Fontaine?

You cant end at Ryan cause Jack would still not be freed...You cant just leave evil.

Plasmid market using Little Childrens Adam would continue...right?

lol remember when people argued vehemently against me for pages on end when I suggested that the presence of color in Forge could lead to a user-created map having even a single visual landmark or a unique visual identity
No, do you wanna post a link to this vehement argument, or should I just consider it another bullshit comment of yours?

CyReN

I'm more pissed about Treyarch getting under-appreciated this year, they have raised the bar for community involvement, content, patches, and PR and they are automatically written off as "that CoD developer". A lot of 343 could learn from them after this release.

Can't believe I have to look online what the perks you get from each spec are.
I thought the same thing the other day. With all the hand-holding this game does, it's amazingly light on real information.

edit: Cyren, I don't know why you give IGN any credibility. They are a giant advertiser, nothing more.

That guy has been a huge fucking fanboy since his days at OXM. It's sad, really.

Let's talk about this for a second. As much as you guys complain about Halo 4, I doubt the lot of you are playing other shooters instead because then you would be in those games' threads nitpicking those games.

Maybe Halo 4 does deserve these accolades in comparison to other games but maybe not in comparison to other Halo games?

Let's talk about this for a second. As much as you guys complain about Halo 4, I doubt the lot of you are playing other shooters instead because then you would be in those games' threads nitpicking those games.

Maybe Halo 4 does deserve these accolades in comparison to other games but maybe not in comparison to other Halo games?

I dont know, if you go back and watch his developer walkthrough video on Shatter the guy was literally getting excited seeing mid range DMR headshots.

I really dont trust his opinion on Halo.

CyReN

edit: Cyren, I don't know why you give IGN any credibility. They are a giant advertiser, nothing more.

To us, yea. To the rest that picked up Halo 4 for the first weekend they are CNN.

At this point I'm just affraid 343 thinks they are doing everything right and will not look at the humongous flaws this game has launched with. Can't discredit them for Graphics/Sound though.

heckfu

Banned
To us, yea. To the rest that picked up Halo 4 for the first weekend they are CNN.

At this point I'm just affraid 343 thinks they are doing everything right and will not look at the humongous flaws this game has launched with. Can't discredit them for Graphics/Sound though.

The category isn't best multiplayer that feels like halo, silly.

Disagreed, I think they did a pretty terrible job with the engine all things being considered.

Sure its pretty, but Halo 3 could have been pretty if Bungie sacrificed stuff like split screen and large campaign spaces.

I care more about gameplay than graphics and I get the feeling that they optimised the game to impress rather than optimized it for other stuff.

Oh me, just saying what up HaloGAF, meanwhile the power on base has gone out completely and there's a 60+mph windstorm/haboob blowing outside for the last 2.5 hours. Oh, did I mention it's raining too somehow and we're not allowed to leave the building?

Back on topic, the Bioshock series ain't bad, but either of them game of the generation? I hardly think so.

Now Deus Ex, that was a great game. What I would give to experience that game again. I'll squeal like a little girl if a sequel is announced. The boss fights were bad but that's about the only complaint I have about the game.

I think I'll try the Bioshock series next year, before Infinite comes out. I started playing Bioshock 2 last year but I didn't finish it for some reason.

Now Deus Ex, that was a great game. What I would give to experience that game again. I'll squeal like a little girl if a sequel is announced. The boss fights were bad but that's about the only complaint I have about the game.
Play the original, if you can get past the 2000 aesthetic it's one of the best games you can play.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I agree with best graphics and sound for sure. Best Multiplayer is a toss up. Been having fun with a lot of MP games this year. Halo 4 is just one of them.

Surely they've noticed that their multiplayer population has quickly fallen off to just a quarter of what it was during the first week after launch. They can't be that oblivious, can they?

Can they?

It's pretty obvious what they're up against here. The changes geared toward attracting casuals didn't work. They tried the game, played it for a week or two, and they left. What they're basically left with now is what used to be Reach's underwhelming population, comprised mostly of longer-term fans of the series. I'd like to think (hope) they'll swallow their pride, admit to themselves that mistakes were made and listen to our feedback about the game. There's potential for a great multiplayer experience here under the surface, and the community largely agrees on what needs to be done to get it there. The path forward should be pretty obvious.

At this point I'm just afraid 343 thinks they are doing everything right and will not look at the humongous flaws this game has launched with. Can't discredit them for Graphics/Sound though.
The fear I have is that 343 will look at the population numbers (not worrying if the drop in quantity is due to gameplay issues) and see that the top two playlists (Infinity, barf) represent success in what they wanted to achieve. There are things I like about this game; 343 was able to take some objective gametypes and make them play better, and thankfully there are individual playlists where I've been spending most of my MP time. On the flip side, I really don't like the overly-layered aspects of perks and Specializations, and I REALLY don't appreciate the randomness that the Infinity gametypes bring to the table. The population numbers tell a different tale though, and I don't know if I can keep up with the franchise if it continues down that route.

Aww yeah.
I didn't even ask for any games for Christmas, so there's no excuse for doing a replay. :-D

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Surely they've noticed that their multiplayer population has quickly fallen off to just a quarter of what it was during the first week after launch. They can't be that oblivious, can they?

Can they?

It's pretty obvious what they're up against here. The changes geared toward attracting casuals didn't work. They tried the game, played it for a week or two, and they left. What they're basically left with now is what used to be Reach's underwhelming population, comprised mostly of longer-term fans of the series. I'd like to think (hope) they'll swallow their pride, admit to themselves that mistakes were made and listen to our feedback about the game. There's potential for a great multiplayer experience here under the surface, and the community largely agrees on what needs to be done to get it there. The path forward should be pretty obvious.

Those first week numbers don't count. Those were LaLaLand numbers.

IGN Halo 4 Awards
  • Best Xbox 360 Game
  • Best Xbox 360 Shooter
  • Best Xbox 360 Multiplayer
  • Best Xbox 360 Gaphics
  • Best Xbox 360 Sound

good god we have to remove ryan mccaffrey off picking stuff.

ICCa5.jpg

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I don't think 343 will overlook criticism. We know Frank and David pay attention here and you have to think meetings are happening about how to fix certain things for Halo 4's future and 5.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Music is poorly mixed with the other game audio, I don't understand why everyone overlooks that. It isn't even an audiophile thing, I can't hear it durng certain parts or it ends up drowning out other aspects of the audio. Sound effects are pretty incredible though.

Hmm, mixing has been good for me. I would say where I have problems with the audio in Halo 4 is that sometimes it's buggy and sometimes it's difficult to tell exactly where things are coming from. Gun fire halfway across the map at times sounds like it's very close. Halo 3 was probably the best at that directional audio and being able to tell exactly where people were and what was going on just based on the audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom