• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Young Magus

INAFD.jpg

sometimes you have to accept that you work with aint shit people, today I get to work and I send out a warning email to all staff about opening unknown emails and attachments, less than an hour later my phone rings
douche: oh hey uh why are my icons all white
rayven:did you read my email?
douche: no
rayven: *slams phone*

Im gonna have a loooong day

Izuna

Banned
Lmao

Spent the whole exam realising that my machine needed windows updates and a shit ton of software installs. Basically made it impossible. The lecturer found it hilarious. Said it's fine since my 1st semester grades are high.

Bleh. Happened because I never attended classes.

This site is going to consume itself in foolishness

The part I didn't get is when some dude claimed that women have a hard time on dates with randoms and because they put themselves in harms way we are obligated to pay for dates.

Wut?

I just thought we were obligated because we're troubling them for their time. Period.

That should go for any situation. I'm asking you out so I should pay. You could easily not be bothered, so in return I'm going to treat you out.

Maybe I'm old

The part I didn't get is when some dude claimed that women have a hard time on dates with randoms and because they put themselves in harms way we are obligated to pay for dates.

Wut?

I just thought we were obligated because we're troubling them for their time. Period.

That should go for any situation. I'm asking you out so I should pay. You could easily not be bothered, so in return I'm going to treat you out.

Maybe I'm old

I understand this line of thought completely. If I offered, I'm paying

I usually just go half and half on dates honestly.

I've done this a few times. Whatever works really

Wut?

Maybe I'm old

The mindset of some of these cats man... I don't even get it.

I usually just go half and half on dates honestly.

Maybe after a repeat outing, or even if the first place moves to another spot.

My current SO was super against me paying on our first date but it's because she didn't want it to be a date.
(Funny story about an ex being a new friend of hers at the time)

Either way I just feel like asking someone out should include you paying. If for some reason you decide to split the tab or they decide to pick up part of the date is fine. I just don't see how from the jump you anticipate this person paying for part of the night you invite them on.

------------------

Anywoooooo morning everyone!

LionPride

Banned
I usually abide by the rules of, I'll pay if I ask you out and you pay otherwise or we can split whatever we're doing. I'm also broke as fuck so

Johndoey

Banned
I'll generally ​just ask the person if they want to split payment prior to whatever we're doing. Most people are cool with it. Otherwise I just shell out.

Slayven

A diversity in gaming thread, how is it going....

You can include non-human characters as diversity because that's diversity by definition, but suddenly forcing/including a L/B/G/T character doesn't make a game good/better because of it.

Well ok now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom