• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin |OT| Vince McMahon doesn't give 5 million f**ks what you think.

Wait...

They let Triple H walk in with Mayweather but won't allow Punk to walk in with Sonnen?

Yep, hypocritical bullshit. What can you expect though? You know Stephanie wet her panties dreaming about getting Bieber on WWE and is probably trying to get him to come on after their failed attempts a couple of years ago. A WOMAN SHOULD NOT BE HEAD BOOKER.

Hopefully it won't be too long, but I haven't seen any new DDT posted anywhere for about a month now :/

More photos;

ibeIMlstsnDLx2.jpg

This made me want to die alot less this morning thanks to my hangover. El Generico is Daniel Bryan good, seriously a treat everytime I see the guy perform! Really looking forward to this.

Kyoufu

Yep, hypocritical bullshit. What can you expect though? You know Stephanie wet her panties dreaming about getting Bieber on WWE and is probably trying to get him to come on after their failed attempts a couple of years ago. A WOMAN SHOULD NOT BE HEAD BOOKER.

I hope Bieber comes on and is greeted with a Stone Cold Stunner.

This made me want to die alot less this morning thanks to my hangover. El Generico is Daniel Bryan good, seriously a treat everytime I see the guy perform! Really looking forward to this.

El Generico is awesome. I've been trying to get Dixie to put him in the gutcheck challenge on TNA.

Free match from AIW's TPI 2011;

Johnny Gargano vs Akira Tozawa - (AIW 05/20/11)

Two lots of Big Japan action, first, the April 28th Korakuen Hall show;

BJW, 28.04.2012
Tokyo Korakuen Hall

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x21zva

01. Kazuki Hashimoto & Takumi Tsukamoto vs The Brahman Brothers

BARBED WIRE BOARD DEATH MATCH;

02. Takashi Sasaki & Ryuji Yamakawa vs Shadow WX & Masato Inaba

THUMBTACKS DEATH MATCH;

03. Ryuji Ito & 'Black Angel' Jaki Numazawa vs Saburo Inematsu & Shinobu

04. Shinya Ishikawa & Masashi Otani vs Osamu Nishimura & Yuichi Taniguchi

05. Daisuke Sekimoto & Big Van Walter vs Yoshihito Sasaki & Yuji Okabayashi

FLUORESCENT LIGHT-TUBES DEATH MATCH;

06. Abdullah Kobayashi, Ryuji Ito & Kankuro Hoshino vs Shinya Ishikawa, Isami Kodaka & Masashi Takeda

The thumbtacks match is flat out nasty, but Sekimoto & Walter vs Sasaki & Okabayashi is an awesome strong style tag match - well worth your time. Next, the huge BJW show from yesterday - Endless Survivor;

BJW "ENDLESS SURVIVOR", 05.05.2012
Yokohama Bunka Gymnasium
1,650 Fans

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x2200o

BJW vs ZERO1;

01. Kazuki Hashimoto, Takumi Tsukamoto & Masashi Otani vs Daichi Hashimoto, Shito Ueda & Nick Primo

02. Makoto Oishi, Shiori Asahi & Masaki Okimoto vs Motosugu Shimizu, Jun Ogawauchi & Amigo Suzuki

03. Shinya Ishikawa vs Osamu Nishimura

HARDCORE MATCH;

04. 'Black Angel' Jaki Numazawa, Yuko Miyamoto & Isami Kodaka vs Masashi Takeda, Saburo Inematsu & Shinobu

BARBED WIRE BOARD DEATH MATCH;

05. Ryuji Ito, Takashi Sasaki & Ryuji Yamakawa vs Shadow WX, Kankuro Hoshino & Masato Inaba

AJPW ALL ASIA TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH;

06. Daisuke Sekimoto & Yuji Okabayashi (c) vs The Brahman Brothers

BJW/wXw/CZW STRONG HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE DECISION MATCH;

07. Yoshihito Sasaki vs Big Van Walter

BJW DEATHMATCH HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE, 306 LIGHT-TUBES DEATHMATCH;

08. Abdullah Kobayashi (c) vs Shuji Ishikawa

OK, that match title should alert you to the fact that the main event is FUCKING DISGUSTING. Ugh. However, there's some great non-death match stuff on this show - starting with the opener, the BJW vs ZERO1, Hashimoto vs Hashimoto feud continues, and this is a good 6-man (excluding K. Hashimoto's awful botched GTS) with a lot of heat that progresses the feud nicely. Then, Shinya Ishikawa faces a tough test against one of the greatest wrestling technicians Japan has ever seen; Osamu Nishimura. Also, Daisuke Sekimoto & Yuji Okabyashi defend the AJPW All Asia Tag titles against the dastardly Brahman Brothers, while in the semi-main event Yoshihito Sasaki faces wXw's Big Van Walter to decide who will be crowned the first ever BJW/wXw/CZW Strong Heavyweight Champion.

Quoting for the new page;

Bootaaay said:
Final day of the Pro-Wrestling NOAH Global Tag League 2012! Featuring, Diamond Ring's Kensuke Sasaki & Kento Miyahara taking on Go Shiozaki & Tamon Honda, Takeshi Morishima & Katsuhiko Nakajima facing ZERO-1's Shinjiro Ohtani & Daichi Hashimoto and Jun Akiyama & Akitoshi Saito against Mohammed Yone & Naomichi Marufuji;

NOAH, "GLOBAL TAG LEAGUE", 29.04.2012
Tokyo Korakuen Hall
2,000 Fans - Super No Vacancy

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x21zna

01. Masao Inoue vs Genba Hirayanagi

02. Kotaro Suzuki & Atsushi Aoki vs Ricky Marvin & Taiji Ishimori

03. Zack Sabre Jr. vs Yoshinobu Kanemaru

GLOBAL TAG LEAGUE MATCHES;

04. Eddie Edwards & Colt Cabana [3] vs Yoshihiro Takayama & Maybach Taniguchi [0]

05. Kensuke Sasaki & Kento Miyahara [7] vs Go Shiozaki & Tamon Honda [4]

06. Takeshi Morishima & Katsuhiko Nakajima [9] vs Shinjiro Ohtani & Daichi Hashimoto [6]

07. Jun Akiyama & Akitoshi Saito [10] vs Mohammed Yone & Naomichi Marufuji [9]

08. GLOBAL TAG LEAGUE 2012 - FINALS

El Generico is awesome. I've been trying to get Dixie to put him in the gutcheck challenge on TNA.

Didn't he have a try-out with TNA sometime last year. Guess they weren't interested, or didn't offer him enough.

Didn't he have a try-out with TNA sometime last year. Guess they weren't interested, or didn't offer him enough.

I think he had a tryout a couple of years ago, but maybe he is the one who turned it down. $250 a night isn't exactly something to get excited over, but he would probably get to wrestle alot more dates including house shows and get some money if they make him merchandise. I can't see why TNA would turn him down. Masks are a guaranteed merch seller and he would be super over with the crowd.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I think he had a tryout a couple of years ago, but maybe he is the one who turned it down. $250 a night isn't exactly something to get excited over, but he would probably get to wrestle alot more dates including house shows and get some money if they make him merchandise. I can't see why TNA would turn him down. Masks are a guaranteed merch seller and he would be super over with the crowd.

wait...

you get $250 a night for like 15-20 minutes of work?

fuck that..I'm going to wrestling school

UberTag

Brock smashes Cena's skull open hard way and demolishes him for an entire main event match.
RESULT: Cena no-sells the beatdown at the end of the show, refuses to leave on a stretcher, makes corny jokes, says he's going on vacation only to headline the next PPV.

Brock returns the next night to "break Triple H's arm" with the kimura armlock submission.
RESULT: Triple H casually parades around Vegas the next weekend to watch magic shows and join Floyd Mayweather's belt-toting entourage along with 50 Cent and Bieber.

Who will no-sell the "5 million dollar man" next? Can they top the massive no-selling already on display?
Hard to believe just one week ago Brock was perceived as a threat. At this point I doubt he could beat Santino for his US title.
And yet what do I see on the front page of WWE.com? Them trying to pretend that Brock Lesnar is still a threat.

Carnby

It's pretty clear Vince is taking revenge on Brock.

That's a shame.

Brock is the most interesting thing about WWE right now. If Jericho, Rock, and Brock didn't come back, what the hell would we have to look forward to? Another Ziggler feud with an equally empty conclusion as the Punk/Ziggler program?

That's a shame.

Brock is the most interesting thing about WWE right now. If Jericho, Rock, and Brock didn't come back, what the hell would we have to look forward to? Another Ziggler feud with an equally empty conclusion as the Punk/Ziggler program?

Daniel Bryan, the biggest drawing star of the new generation

Look at how bad WWE would be right now if Rock didn't come back and then Brock. They've killed everybody that could pop a rating now. Austin doesn't mean anything anymore. Who else is there? There isn't anyone else that's going to come along and be a huge star without a territory system or WCW for them to shine in before WWE steals them. Any college athlete will want to go to MMA instead of WWE. Wrestling talent is only going to get worse and worse as time goes by.

Look at how bad WWE would be right now if Rock didn't come back and then Brock. They've killed everybody that could pop a rating now. Austin doesn't mean anything anymore. Who else is there? There isn't anyone else that's going to come along and be a huge star without a territory system or WCW for them to shine in before WWE steals them. Any college athlete will want to go to MMA instead of WWE. Wrestling talent is only going to get worse and worse as time goes by.

It's almost amazing that this is actually true, same for Mick Foley though he was not on the same level.

It's almost amazing that this is actually true, same for Mick Foley though he was not on the same level.

Yeah, just look at the last few times he has appeared on tv. He doesn't mean anything for ratings. Neither does HBK. Although Austin on ppv wrestling a match might mean some additional buys with alot of build, it's not going to mean that much either.

HHH has to justify his 4 year million dollar a year downside guarantee wrestling contract he just signed. Must be nice getting 2 paychecks, both over a million a year.

Jamie OD

Hopefully it won't be too long, but I haven't seen any new DDT posted anywhere for about a month now :/

Their weekly Dramatic Fantasia show on Samurai TV came to an end last month and they are left with a monthly two hour show, which I guess is going to be for their Korakuen events. They began broadcasting matches from recent shows on Nico Nico Douga but you need some sort of subscription to watch the current stuff.

RBH

--Lots of talk regarding HHH in the background holding up Floyd Mayweather's title belt last night. Both because on TV he appeared to be fine just days after his "broken arm" (apparently he was wearing a brace to sell it, but it's not like he wasn't holding Mayweather's belt over his head with both hands instead of one. It probably doesn't matter in the big picture, big given the number of guys who have had to sell their injuries in public in case a fan may see them at the airport, it is funny that the guy on top can be on a show viewed by millions and any wrestling fans who saw it wouldn't have likely seen the brace and just have seen him fine. The WWE web site reported that he had both a brace and a "small sling" on. That was described to us as a lack of communication with .com. Plus there was a lot of talk about how Vince McMahon didn't want C.M. Punk going out with Chael Sonnen on 1/28 in Chicago (in fact he was pretty much told not to go to the show, although he did attend it as a fan and the UFC people liked him) with the idea one of his stars would be on a show and not be portrayed as a star in case UFC ignored him on TV. Like there was even a prayer the HBO announcers would acknowledge HHH when he was in the background.
http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-...-shows-injuies-anniversary-of-legendary-match

HHH has a performer's contract with a $4M downside?????

He has a 1 million dollar downside guaranteed per year for 4 years contract with no minimum dates required + bonuses for working shows and merchandise bonuses, with a potential to renegotiate if he does have to work a certain amount of dates.. He had the highest downside ever given to a wrestler until they signed Brock Lesnar, with the only other person making that on the WWE roster is John Cena. That doesn't even include his corporate paycheck, which is separate. He just signed this deal a couple of months ago.

"After a few readers have sent word that Goldust/Dustin Rhodes' file has been moved to the Alumni section of WWE.com, we have confirmed that the company has released him from his producer position in the past week. From what we were told, something happened at the Smackdown taping two weeks ago that led to the release."

pwinsider.com

dream

"After a few readers have sent word that Goldust/Dustin Rhodes' file has been moved to the Alumni section of WWE.com, we have confirmed that the company has released him from his producer position in the past week. From what we were told, something happened at the Smackdown taping two weeks ago that led to the release."

pwinsider.com

Somas or oxys?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
someone in corporate getting a better contract than pretty much anyone not in corporate? Say it isn't so!

sandman- Last night on NWA Hollywood they confirmed the
Cabana/Pierce match for Mother's Day. It would be a live taping of the show and that will be one of the matches..Also during the show crowd had some SI chants...lol Also heard some Lets Go Cena/ Cena Sucks chants..
Once again I woke up everyone laughing so hard for the Cena chants

Just wondering do I need the
spoiler tags for the above posting?

Top Bottom