• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

caliph95

The future flash team is really dumb if you stop and think about it,

And what about Reverse Flash, he didn't get stranded after flashpoint and went on the Legends show so who now teaches Barry on the timeline. I guess since hes a super anomaly ill let it side.
"The more you time travel the less the rules apply to you"
Until it does because speedforce

Mariolee

Those spoilers got me like

LarryDavid-faint-CurbYourEnthusiasm-fall-passout-1348523706L.gif

That bad?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Keep in mind, when people are saying spoilers they really mean speculation based on set photos.

There are a ton of ways we can get to the scenes in those photos.

Patryn

I still don't understand why Barry can't just decide not to use Time Remnants to fight Savitar. The show keeps handwaving it by saying "Well, of COURSE you're going to try using Time Remnants..."

But WHY? Just don't make them and Savitar will never be created (except for the whole timey-wimey shit that kept Reverse Flash around....).

caliph95

I still don't understand why Barry can't just decide not to use Time Remnants to fight Savitar. The show keeps handwaving it by saying "Well, of COURSE you're going to try using Time Remnants..."

But WHY? Just don't make them and Savitar will never be created (except for the whole timey-wimey shit that kept Reverse Flash around....).
Savitar will keep hounding them until they are forced to do so
Also it seems it will have to be an immediate change in the present because Eddie couldn't just decide to not have kids and shot himself
Though the timeline still doesn't make sense

Patryn

Savitar will keep hounding them until they are forced to do so
Also it seems it will have to be an immediate change in the present because Eddie couldn't just decide to not have kids and shot himself
Though the timeline still doesn't make sense

See, I still don't buy that whole "forced" to do so.

Or, what if Wally makes the Time Remnants and not Barry? Or Jesse?

It's not like they don't have other Speedsters available for this role.

T Dollarz

Nothing this finale could really do to redeem the season in my mind. It's been awful. Worst of the DC CW shows, easily. It's a damn shame, season one was so good. I hope they can find a way to bring some of that magic back like Arrow has done.

Joni

Basically, Barry would never be able to use them in his life and only then would Savitar be undone.

caliph95

Just going by Future Barry's explanation where he got so desperate he had to use Clones but Future barry didn't know obviously otherwise he would have told him not too.
Though future BArry didn't mention Jesse and other speedsters so the fuck do i now.

I'm still waiting for an idea on what does Savitar actually do besides creating himself like what purpose does the cult have which you would think would be more important

Patryn

Nothing this finale could really do to redeem the season in my mind. It's been awful. Worst of the DC CW shows, easily. It's a damn shame, season one was so good. I hope they can find a way to bring some of that magic back like Arrow has done.

It's been bad, but it's not as bad as Arrow Season 3 for me.

DeathyBoy

Banned

Times-wimey shit.

I mean they changed time by meeting Tracy early and Iris still died. To reference Doctor Who, her "death" is a fixed point. Best guess would be the fixed point isn't Iris dying, but Savitar thinking he's killed Iris.

If you want to go down this road and try to make some kind of sense of it, the only explanation is that Barry is the only one actually close enough to being able to beat Savitar so his Time Remnants will actually be helpful, were as Remnants of Jesse and Wally will mostly be useless since Savitar easily beat both of them in just a few seconds. You'll need time Remnants at least as fast as Barry for it to make much difference, and even then they apparently just barely win.

Of course, you can, 'but, but, but,' that to infinity, but it's the closest thing to a real explanation you can make out of what we know.

Blader

Someone else explain the Savitar loop to me.

Barry fights Savitar in future, traps him in speedforce, but not before speed clone Barry is made and abused by Savitar.

Savitar who was trapped is let loose from speedforce trap in the past by Wally.

Where the hell does speed clone Barry/Savitar fit into this?

Alternatively, in the future speed clone Barry becomes the Savitar that is trapped/let out in the past, in which case where is the Savitar that created him?

The time remnants are created by Barry to fight Savitar before he kills Iris. One survives, is driven crazy by loneliess, and becomes Savitar. Then eight (?) years after that, Barry traps his time-remnant-turned-Savitar in the Speed Force.

I'm not sure what happens to the Savitar that kills Iris though.

The time remnants are created by Barry to fight Savitar before he kills Iris. One survives, is driven crazy by loneliess, and becomes Savitar. Then eight (?) years after that, Barry traps his time-remnant-turned-Savitar in the Speed Force.

I'm not sure what happens to the Savitar that kills Iris though.

I may be mistaken, but I think all of that happens after Iris dies.

caliph95

Except Future Barry didn't he and the others had no reason to lie about that.
Maybe Barry was always supposed to time travel into the future to find out or the plan changed due to time travel

Patryn

Except Future Barry didn't he and the others had no reason to lie about that.
Maybe Barry was always supposed to time travel into the future to find out or the plan changed due to time travel

I think Future Barry knew. I think that's part of what broke him. I said it at the time, but the whole episode screamed to me that Future Barry was lying about not knowing who Savitar was.

I just think he thought there was nothing Past Barry could do, so he didn't burden him with the knowledge.

Savitar: What are you going to do put me back into the speed force?
Barry: Worse, we are going to put you on legends of tomorrow next season.
Savitar: Nooooooooo

Next season: Speedster Wells

It all comes full circle.

Seasons 1 (most of it after the explosion) - 3 never happened. It was all a hallucination/dream that Barry suffered during Season 1. The Ash Ketchum effect. The Squall Leonheart effect.

Barry Allen cannot and will possibly never wake up from his coma. The lightning that hit him did too much damage to Barry. Every season will just be another dream he is having with things getting more and more ridiculous.

This could explain how Barry can time travel, Flashpoint, seeing his mentor being a Speedster, Savitar, etc.

I love how the above can be used for nearly everything lol.

Poyunch

Savitar: What are you going to do put me back into the speed force?
Barry: Worse, we are going to put you on legends of tomorrow next season.
Savitar: Nooooooooo
Some could interpret this as being put on the bottom tier Arrowverse show but in reality Savitar's afraid because the Legends handle villain speedsters way better than current Team Flash.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
yeah i tried so hard to like this season and thought the last 3 episodes would be great but it's been terrible start to finish

absolutely terrible

here's to hoping the final is just DECENT pls

it's too bad, they had flashpoint to work with -- we could've gotten an entire season of flashpoint or at least half a season with barry in an alternate universe. and the whole barry = villain premise isn't terrible at the core; the season had so much potential but just got bogged down in filler + plain stupid writing

Top Bottom