• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arc the Lad II and Arc Arena on PSN 11.23.2010, $5.99 / $8.99 bundle

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
DMPrince said:
I decided to buy both Arc the lad I and the Arc The Lad II/Arena Bundle.

Smart man, now you're waiting for three with the rest of us. ;)

fernoca

TheJollyCorner said:
yeah, Arc the Lad was pretty im...

wait... is this the real Vic fucking Ireland??!?!
vireland?
He has been here for quite some time, participates in many threads too.

I still remember the first 2 games on PSone. Loved the first one especially the ending.

Shouta

djtiesto said:
Niiice, the Wonderswan game... how is the game? I heard it's a spinoff of Arc 2, but there's not a lot of English info/impressions about the game.

It's not bad actually but the problem is that it's a wonderswan and that makes it really hard to play because it was made in the age before backlights. I have a WSC sitting at home somewhere. I saw it in Akihbara when I first came to Japan about 8 years ago, had to pick it up, it was cheap too!

TheJollyCorner said:

Where have you been?

vireland

TheJollyCorner said:

Ireland is in a world of financial hurt right now, and in a way they HAVE prostituted themselves to the EU in accepting the bailout after their austerity measures resoundingly failed, but I promise I had no part in that, so...um, no.

vireland

Winner of the Arc II and Arc Arena PSN code for 11/23 is: Hero !

Yes, Hero, you pretty much should play Arc I first and get the summon at the bottom of the 50 level dungeon to unlock a big chunk of Arc II you can't otherwise get to. Now you have Arc II and Arena so you can get Arc I!

Congrats. You're also entered in the drawing for the Choko watch!

I'll be pulling one more name tonight, then we're done with the codes.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
No! That was supposed to my code! ;___;

*flips over a magazine rack in vics office and leaves sad*

So sad I'll buy the game... when I have the money. ;___;

zlatko

Banned
Arc 2 was the best Arc. I remember buying Arc the Lad Collection back on PS1 and getting that pocket watch with it. Working Designs really knew how to make a game worth every red cent.

Arc 2's final boss was brutally hard for me I remember probably because I was young and hadn't prepared well enough. That had to be my most memorial moment from the game, because everyone wiped except the robot character and I soloed the damn final boss for well over a half hour to an hour just with him to beat it. :lol

The whole game is an incredible RPG experience. Highly recommend it to Gaf.

Eric C

I'll be getting myself a PSP this week and Alundra and the Arc the Lad games will be some of my first purchases. Even though I already own the original discs on the PSX.

Princess Skittles said:
For PSP, each game has its own individual memory card file.

How would the save file cross-over work on the PSP version?

vireland said:
Not sure about the way it would work on the PSP, I'll check it out and get back to you.

Any updates about this?

Does the Tactics stuff for Arc get really involved later? I'm ok with some but ones that are harder like Jeanne d'arc kicked my ass. Game is awesome so far! :D

Skilletor

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Does the Tactics stuff for Arc get really involved later? I'm ok with some but ones that are harder like Jeanne d'arc kicked my ass. Game is awesome so far! :D

Jeanne D'ARc is one of the easiest srpgs ever. o_O

TheSeks said:
No! That was supposed to my code! ;___;

*flips over a magazine rack in vics office and leaves sad*

So sad I'll buy the game... when I have the money. ;___;
something something grace something something.

Lothars

vireland said:
The winner of an Arc II and an Arc Arena PSN download code today is: PetriP-TNT !

They're also entered in the watch drawing for the super-rare Choko watch.

There's one more drawing tomorrow and therefore one more shot at the Choko watch drawing and codes, so keep posting!

I just wanted to thank you for posting here and keeping us informed, I've been meaning to pick up the games for a while now but I think tonight I am going to pick up all 4 of them because I keep putting it off and I haven't played any of them.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Ericsc said:
I'll be getting myself a PSP this week and Alundra and the Arc the Lad games will be some of my first purchases. Even though I already own the original discs on the PSX.

Any updates about this?
Yeah, for sure.

I would LOVE to find a new 2D RPG gem but with how much Vic is hyping up this aspect of Arc II I'm worried I'll miss it if I buy the game.

I'm PRETTY sure it's not possible without getting a PS3 involved sadly. Thankfully I do know someone with a PS3 so I may be able to pull it off.

Here's what you would need to do (off memory).

1. Link the PSP to the PS3 via USB (make sure you have the Arc I clear data save file and an empty/starter Arc II save file).

2. Copy the save files to the PS3. This will create four virtual PS1 memory cards on the PS3 (two for each game).

Now this next step assumes the virtual memory card manager on the PS3's XMB can copy/move individual files within the virtual cards. Somebody please confirm this if possible as it's been a while since I owned a PS3.

3. Copy the Arc I save file from its virtual memory card to the Arc II virtual memory card.

4. Copy just the Arc II memory card back to the PSP (which will now have the Arc I data on it).

5. Profit?

fernoca said:
vireland?
He has been here for quite some time, participates in many threads too.

I actually first discovered GAF back in 2004 when some of the regulars on the Working Designs forum harangued Vic over spending more time here than there. :lol

elbkhm

silvon said:
Does anyone know how I can use my Arc1 PSP save on Arc2 without using a PS3?
I haven't done it myself, but...
1) Start up Arc II
2) Hit the home button
3) Select the memory card utility
4) Select Memory Card 1, then import, than select your Arc I memory card, and copy the save over
5) You should now be able to import your Arc1 save through the menu

Let me know if it works!

graywolf323

Gold Member
is Arena worth it? haven't decided if it's worth the extra $3 to get the bundle or not (only have $10 in my PSN wallet right now and can't afford more)

Top Bottom