• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I Am Alive [Ubisoft] full game leaked - new screens + video

I Am Alive ESRB Rating Confirms Game's Continued Existence

via G4: http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/po...rb-rating-confirms-games-continued-existence/

G4 said:
Ubisoft has been pretty cagey when it's come to talking about I Am Alive, a third-person action game that was first revealed at the E3 show back in 2008. A few details have emerged since then, with the most recent being an Australian rating for the game in June and a trailer in late August. Now there's some more evidence that the game continues to exist, in the form of an ESBR ratings summary (via Destructoid).

The M-rated title is described as a third-person action game in which players "assume the role of a man who must find his family in a post-apocalyptic world." You'll encounter both brutal melee combat (with a machete) and gunplay, as well as captured women who can be rescued. You can check out the full listing after the jump. With ratings now set in Australia and the United States, it seems reasonable to expect some hard confirmation from Ubi soon.

This is an action game in which players assume the role of a man who must find his family in a post-apocalyptic world. From a third-person perspective, players traverse through city ruins and use a machete to kill human enemies in melee-style combat. Battles are accompanied by realistic gunfire, slashing sounds, and cries of pain; characters emit brief splashes of blood when hit.

Players have the ability to kill or knock unconscious wounded/vulnerable enemies via finishing moves (e.g., throat slashing, impaling, pistol-whipping); these scenes are highlighted by close-up camera angles and increased player control (e.g., on-screen prompts with button-press sequences).

During the course of the game, players encounter women who can be saved from nearby enemies; sexual mistreatment is sometimes implied in the dialogue (e.g., “These guys kept me as their pet, or mascot, or something.”). One sequence depicts the background silhouette of a man fondling and threatening a captured female survivor; the exchange includes phrases such as “Do you hear me? Don't touch me!” and “Don't be like that. You know I can make your life a lot easier if you would just cooperate.”
The words “p*ssy,” “f**k,” and “sh*t” can be heard in the dialogue.

Top Bottom