• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe |OT| Deluxe Salt

VanWinkle

My Amazon order just switched to "Preparing for shipment." Hmm. Keep in mind it is 9pm where I am.

Edit: at least, I THINK it did. I'm pretty sure it was just on "Pre-Ordered" before. On my mobile app is still says "Pre-Ordered" though.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Amazon shows my order as shipping soon with arrival by tomorrow like many others in here. I'm not convinced.

Rodin

Man i really can't decide if i should get a physical or digital copy. The cover is just too pretty to pass on, but having the game always ready in the system memory... urgh.

Is the the physical card with the code a good compromise? 🤔😂

Luigi87

Will be picking my copy up after work tomorrow. Looking forward to it!

I broke my no trade-in rule by trading in MK8 toward this, but I mean... I think that balances out.

First time really playing MK8.

Handheld mode is a revelation. Holy shit. It feels so RIGHT.

This game really sells the concept of the Switch, even more so than Zelda. Every person I've shown this to wants a Switch now.

Neiteio

This is the perfect game to get digitally. Gonna be nice seamlessly booting between this and Zelda without carrying around easy-to-lose chips.

Gonna be nice... once the eShop actually updates. :-\

Who's stupid idea was it to enable "smart turning" by default? I couldn't figure out why the controls felt so awful!

Also, just throwing it out there that I think the Wii U version had better online. It isn't bad in this game but I've already had a couple of communication errors and other weird pauses. Wii U was basically flawless by comparison.

Neiteio

Who's stupid idea was it to enable "smart turning" by default? I couldn't figure out why the controls felt so awful!
Yeah, this sounds like a dumb decision by Nintendo. They should really patch it so it's normal controls by default, but upon first playing the game there's a prompt asking if you want to enable Smart Steering and explaining what that is.

Alex

Also, just throwing it out there that I think the Wii U version had better online. It isn't bad in this game but I've already had a couple of communication errors and other weird pauses. Wii U was basically flawless by comparison.

Might just be launch jitters, Wii U was absolutely not nice for the first month or two. Everyone had errors.

Rodin

First time really playing MK8.

Handheld mode is a revelation. Holy shit. It feels so RIGHT.

This game really sells the concept of the Switch, even more so than Zelda. Every person I've shown this to wants a Switch now.
Switch, MK8D and Zelda are currently n1-2-3 on amazon's best sellers.

there's also another mk8d at n11 lol

This is the perfect game to get digitally. Gonna be nice seamlessly booting between this and Zelda without carrying around easy-to-lose chips.

Gonna be nice... once the eShop actually updates. :-
But the pretty cover :(

M.W.

Yeah, gonna go digital tonight. Hopefully it's up right at 12am EST. 6GB, right? Shouldn't take too long to DL for me.

Neoxon

Welp, my GameStop has no midnight release for MK8 Deluxe.

Looks like I'm gonna have to wait until after class tomorrow to play.

Man, there sure are a lot of people here not used to buying new Nintendo releases on the eShop.

YES, IT RELEASES AT MIDNIGHT EST

Gonna be nice... once the eShop actually updates. :-

I wish. I got the physical version for $36. As much as I want the digital, I can't get myself to spend an extra $24 for it. :(

Ugh. My amazon preorder is still shipping soon status but arriving tomorrow. I'm gonna stop pre-ordering from Amazon if this keeps happening. It's been a problem recently...

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Bah, fuck you Amazon. I can still buy the Amazon Digital Code and it says it will arrive at 12AM EST. I have an Amazon Visa Rewards so I get the 5%. Anyone has experience their codes?

Oh shit the copy of Mario Kart 8 I ordered from Amazon arrived early~!

s-l300.jpg

THREE YEARS EARLY HEYYOOOO

this download speed is weird. i'll make 10% of progress in 2 minutes, and then 2% of progress in 10 minutes.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Tried cancelling my Amazon preorder and it said I'm unable to because it's shipping soon.

Amazon can shampoo my crotch.

Nope but if you're willing to jump through hoops to purchase the JP eshop version, Amazon has it for $52 USD.
Can anyone walk me through this process? Do you just create a Amazon.jp account, put in a fake address and then pay with your regular card and billing address?

B-Ri

Nope but if you're willing to jump through hoops to purchase the JP eshop version, Amazon has it for $52 USD.

I'm not. I'm still also very torn about buying it again when I have the whole set up easily accessible on my WiiU.

Gamestops only offering $13 for the WiiU version 🙄

rec0ded1

Which will load faster digital or cart? I remember seeing a blurb that digital Zelda had longer load times or something. If I double dip and get the switch it will be kartgafs fault.

Edit: also FUCK that ad that launches Google play on mobile.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Which will load faster digital or cart? I remember seeing a blurb that digital Zelda had longer load times or something. If I double dip and get the switch it will be kartgafs fault.

Edit: also FUCK that ad that launches Google play on mobile.
Built in digital is notably faster than a cart. SD card is about the same speed as a cart. Maybe a second or two faster.

Top Bottom