• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What songs would you pay 50 dollars to never hear again?

beta_fuse

How isn't 7 years everyone's answer? I can't get over how horrible that song is. It actually upsets me. Like how did any of the producers think in the studio "oh yeah this is a hot tune"? Hot garbage maybe.

7 yearsssss oooooollllld *lame ass jingle*

aphasias

It's that country-pop shit that really gets to me.
Shania Twain's Man! You Make Me Feel Like A Woman and Tim McGraw's Truck Yeah being the most unpleasant songs I can recall hearing in my lifetime.

aphasias

Cotton Eyed Joe (shudders)
This song would irk me a lot more if Rednex were not so obviously a novelty act. Fellow Swede Avicii clarified for me just how appalling the same musical concept would be if it were meant to be taken seriously. I'd pay money for Wake Me Up to be erased from history as well.

Firemind

U2 - With or Without You
U2 - One
Metallica - Nothing Else Matters
Genesis - Mama
Brian Adams - Summer of 69
Toto - Africa
Meatloaf - Paradise by the Dashboard Light
Robbie Williams - Angels
Robbie Williams - Millennium
Robbie Williams - Rock DJ
Snow Patrol - Chasing
Nickelback - How you remind me
Gnarls Barkley - Crazy
Katy Perry - Roar
Train - Bruises
Imagine Dragons - Radioactive
Imagine Dragons - Demons
Imagine Dragons - On top of the World
Imagine Dragons - Warriors
Adam Lambert - Ghost Town
Whenever Chainsmokers is on can't be arsed to google

Animals by Maroon 5

I don't hear it much these days but I hated hearing it nonstop for like 2 years while it was popular. A song about stalking and objectification of women with a music video that features a butcher theme. Rarely have I been so disgusted by a song and yet few other seemed to have the same reaction.

Black eye peas - EVERY SONG!!!! Every time I hear a song of theirs' my intelligence drops several points.

U2 - With or Without You
U2 - One
Metallica - Nothing Else Matters
Genesis - Mama
Brian Adams - Summer of 69
Toto - Africa
Meatloaf - Paradise by the Dashboard Light
Robbie Williams - Angels
Robbie Williams - Millennium
Robbie Williams - Rock DJ
Snow Patrol - Chasing
Nickelback - How you remind me
Gnarls Barkley - Crazy
Katy Perry - Roar
Train - Bruises
Imagine Dragons - Radioactive
Imagine Dragons - Demons
Imagine Dragons - On top of the World
Imagine Dragons - Warriors
Adam Lambert - Ghost Town
Whenever Chainsmokers is on can't be arsed to google

Stop listening to the radio.

This thread is making me laugh so hard. I guess I'm lucky, I can't think of anything. I mean, there's plenty of songs I don't like, but they don't bother me much.

I'd pay 50 cents to never hear Cheap Trick's "Mama's All Right, Daddy's All Right" again. That's all I've got.

Catvoca

Banned
This thread is making me laugh so hard. I guess I'm lucky, I can't think of anything. I mean, there's plenty of songs I don't like, but they don't bother me much.

I'd pay 50 cents to never hear Cheap Trick's "Mama's All Right, Daddy's All Right" again. That's all I've got.

Was thinking the same thing. I guess I'd pay like 5 euro to never hear Wonderwall ever again.

Queens entire library.

Most over rated band in the history of the world.

Then I would pay to never hear Pink Floyd again.

2nd most over rated band of all time.

Both were just lucky to be in the right place at the right time.

Bohemian Rhapsody is the most over rated song of all time. It makes me want to stick an ice pick through my ears. It ruins Waynes World for me. We are the Champions being played after every single championship game almost makes me hate sports. Fuck you Queen. Fuck you up your stupid asses.

chekhonte

Queens entire library.

Bohemian Rhapsody is the most over rated song of all time. It makes me want to stick an ice pick through my ears. It ruins Waynes World for me. We are the Champions being played after every single championship game almost makes me hate sports. Fuck you Queen. Fuck you up your stupid asses.

I feel you man. I feel guilty about not liking pink floyd since a lot of bands I like could be considered post pink floyd bands like the flaming lips (though I haven't liked anything they've done this century)

Reading this thread was a terrible mistake, as now I just have a bunch of these songs trying to fight their way into my head and despite the obvious business opportunity you have not created this magical $50 solution for me!

-Holla back girl
-All Star
-Paper planez (or whatever it's called)
-Several stock music tracks that YouTubers use since I'm guessing it's free
-Poker face
-let the bodies hit the floor (even ironically/satirically)

I'd suggest Nickelback but I'd be in debt by several thousand dollars most likely.

blanchot

Yellow by Coldplay.

Fuck that song.

fake plastic trees knockoff

Queens entire library.

i want to be your friend

Sullichin

Journey - Don't Stop Believin'
Journey - Any Way You Want it
Usher - DJ Got Me Falling In Love Again
Rihanna - Only Girl in the World
Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
Chainsmokers - Anything they've made or will ever make

BlitzKeeg

Most christmas songs. Going into a store around that time of year can be torture, let alone the poor souls that have to work there.

I've changed my mind. Throughout the entire month of December people at work thought it would be okay to play Christmas music nonstop (even the heavy religious shit).

Any time I didn't have my headphones in I wanted to smash the stupid speaker to pieces. How can you stand the most annoying songs several times a day for a month. They fucking torture people that way.

I'd throw away a paycheck just to never hear that garbage ever again.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Queens entire library.

Hell no! Queen II is a masterpiece, and I only discovered it last year.

As for Floyd, you can destroy everything pre-Atom Heart mother. I'd like to keep "The narrow way" (at least part 3) from Ummagumma if possible, but the rest can be disposed of, since I hate the Syd Barrett era and the first few albums without him.

pablito

Let's go ahead and delete Aerosmith. Most other artists I don't fuck with I don't hear enough to be like OMG. But Aerosmith is always finding their way into my life.

I feel you man. I feel guilty about not liking pink floyd since a lot of bands I like could be considered post pink floyd bands like the flaming lips (though I haven't liked anything they've done this century)

I saw Run the Jewels at the beginning of the month and they are one of my favorite Rap groups full stop. Almost every song is banger to me.

They came out to the song "We are the Champions" My wife knows my massive disdain for Queen. The feeling I had I can only describe is complete disassociation like this scene from Ratatouille (Completely SFW Time Stamp about 1:32) I separated from reality for a bit and went to a better place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YG4h5GbTqU

The show rocked regardless.

Top Bottom