• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TellTale Damages the Jeep of Something Awful's Boomerjinks

I was under the impression that at least a couple of the telltale guys are goons anyway. I expect that this will get cleared up quickly now that it's publicized.

markot said:
Yeah, but if you have the money to make a Jurassic Park car....

Also its not an original Jurassic Park car?! Lame.

You lost your privileges to speak in this thread, quit.

4mEoY.gif

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Grampa Simpson said:
I was under the impression that at least a couple of the telltale guys are goons anyway. I expect that this will get cleared up quickly now that it's publicized.
It shouldn't really have to escalate to a public situation to get taken care of. Assuming it even will.

Resilient

Dumbest thread I've seen in a long while. People complaining about low res shots, first post wondering why on earth anyone would take pictures of something like this before lending, and posters claiming conspiracy. Yep, definitely has it all.

Feel bad for the guy cause he tried to do a good thing. Surely he can take them to court though (not familiar with US law)? Lotta respect lost for TellTale here though.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
bluebird said:
Dumbest thread I've seen in a long while. People complaining about low res shots, first post wondering why on earth anyone would take pictures of something like this before lending, and posters claiming conspiracy. Yep, definitely has it all.

By people you mean 1 poster.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
bluebird said:
I think it was just one person.

EDIT: God dammit, Wario.

Card Boy

Banned
bluebird said:

Your post is dumber than the first reply.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
TellTale refusing to foot the bill is a dick move, but the bigger surprise is that nobody has threatened to no longer buy their games.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
JaseC said:
TellTale refusing to foot the bill is a dick move, but the bigger surprise is that nobody has threatened to no longer buy their games.
People would have to buy them in the first place.

Dance In My Blood said:
It shouldn't really have to escalate to a public situation to get taken care of. Assuming it even will.
It shouldn't, but all it really means is that whoever the vehicle owner was talking to at telltale wasn't doing their job right. If we don't hear about sincere apologies by wednesday or so, then something has gone sideways.

demolitio

The question is: Did they do more damage to the jeep or the JP franchise with this game...Then again, the sequels did a good job at doing that too. :p

The game looks pretty dull and the characters are lifeless so I was skipping out on this game to begin with even as a JP fan.

And that is why everything has to be documented before and after a deal because you can no longer trust people to just do the right thing.

saunderez

JaseC said:
I already stopped buying them when they stopped releasing them on 360. If I own Sam and Max S1 and S2 on 360 it's pretty likely I'll want to play S3 on the same console. Likewise with every TellTale game since Wallace and Gromit.

N4Us

saunderez said:
I already stopped buying them when they stopped releasing them on 360. If I own Sam and Max S1 and S2 on 360 it's pretty likely I'll want to play S3 on the same console. Likewise with every TellTale game since Wallace and Gromit.

I could've sworn S2 was quite recent but wow, didn't know it was as far back as late 09.

JaseC

saunderez said:

Looking into Telltale's release history, there's no denying their support for the X360 is criminally poor. Worse still, the most recent Telltale title available on the platform is a CSI game - acidic salt in the wound.

saunderez

N4Us said:
I could've sworn S2 was quite recent but wow, didn't know it was as far back as late 09.
Tell me about it, I'm still waiting to play S3!

JaseC said:
Looking into Telltale's release history, there's no denying their support for the X360 is criminally poor. Worse still, the most recent Telltale title available on the platform is a CSI game - acidic salt in the wound.

Horrible. Just plain horrible.

Hi, I'm from Telltale. To compensate for the damages to your vehicle, you'll find sixty copies of Jurassic Park on your Steam account.

Thanks, Telltale.

androvsky

JaseC said:

You do realize why Telltale's had trouble with the 360, right? Telltale's business model revolves around releasing monthly episodes; apparently, with the Wallace and Gromit series, they ran into problems where the second episode was delayed six months and the remaining episodes were dumped all at once. Not something Telltale wanted to do, but with the way XBLA worked, they didn't have much of a choice.

DiscoJer

I clicked on this just because I couldn't parse the title thread. Too many nouns used as names (and he capitalizes "damages" which isn't being used as a proper pronoun)

Thankfully, the pictures helped make sense of it.

But as someone who owns an old Mustang convertible, this is why you never loan your car when people want to borrow it. "We've having a parade, we're having a photoshoot, I want to run over my neighbor, etc, etc, etc"

Takao

Banned
I bet Telltale wished they owned a Delorean and could just go back in time and erase their inclusion with Jurassic Park.

JaseC

androvsky said:
You do realize why Telltale's had trouble with the 360, right? Telltale's business model revolves around releasing monthly episodes; apparently, with the Wallace and Gromit series, they ran into problems where the second episode was delayed six months and the remaining episodes were dumped all at once. Not something Telltale wanted to do, but with the way XBLA worked, they didn't have much of a choice.

That doesn't change the fact they've stopped supporting the platform with their bread-and-butter titles. Sure, MS's certification process may prevent Telltale from adhering to their typical release schedule, but there's no tangible reason why they couldn't release an omnibus once all of the episodes have been completed, if they so desired.

DiscoJer

Takao said:
I bet Telltale wished they owned a Delorean and could just go back in time and erase their inclusion with Jurassic Park.

You know, those things only had 130 horsepower engines. Good luck actually getting one up to 88 mph.

That also had Craig radios in them.

(For some reason, there were three of them on my Aunt's block. They look neat, but basically they an earlier version of the Fiero - otherwise pretty much junk)

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
JaseC said:
That doesn't change the fact they've stopped supporting the platform with their bread-and-butter titles. Sure, MS's certification process may prevent Telltale from adhering to their typical release schedule, but there's no tangible reason why they couldn't release an omnibus once all of the episodes have been completed, if they so desired.

The way Microsoft runs XBLA doesn't jive with the way Talltale wants to release their games. So, they won't bother. Really all there is to it.

I've always supported TellTale because they've helped keep adventure games going, even if they are somewhat dumbed down. But because of this I think I'm no longer going to continue doing that. If they actually help the guy out then I'll jump back onboard.

JaseC

Kintaro said:
The way Microsoft runs XBLA doesn't jive with the way Talltale wants to release their games. So, they won't bother. Really all there is to it.

Clearly. I'm not denying that.

The damage estimate is $2000? Even a rinky-dink little operation like Telltale should be able to pry that out of the couch cushions.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
charlequin said:
The damage estimate is $2000? Even a rinky-dink little operation like Telltale should be able to pry that out of the couch cushions.
that's small enough that he can take the case to one of those TV court shows instead of small claims court!

HE SHOULD TOTALLY DO IT.

Something Awful vs. Telltale on Judge Mathis Joe Brown Judy who is it nowadays?

Gravijah

Htown said:
that's small enough that he can take the case to one of those TV court shows instead of small claims court!

HE SHOULD TOTALLY DO IT.

Something Awful vs. Telltale on Judge Mathis Joe Brown Judy who is it nowadays?

please judge mathis please judge mathis please judge mathis

if he's gone bring him out of retirement

Lucario

enclosed, insured shipping both ways, airfare, badges for the con, hotel, and per diem

^^^^ This should all have been in writing, and something makes me doubt it was since the only thing he got as stated was airfare and a hotel. They neglected to give him the per diem (modest living expenses/food money), additional badges, or enclosed shipping. Really scummy and reeks of purposeful cheapness/greed by telltale, which is really disappointing since I love the company for making SBCG4AP.

Make this right, telltale. You fucked up. MINIMALLY you should get this guy a couple PAX padges for next year, pay for his car, and take him out to a fancy fucking dinner to apologize.

Not IMMEDIATELY making this right after the con with a massive apology and full payment for the car (and at the very least a fruit basket to apologize for their complete incompetence in choosing a transport company) shows a severe lack of class.

Xanathus

Where are people getting these impressions that the JP game is shit? I haven't seen any demos or whatever but Telltales' adventure games have been top notch so far. Or is this just "hurr durr their marketing/legal departments are assholes so obviously their devs are too"?

Omikaru

Xanathus said:
Where are people getting these impressions that the JP game is shit? I haven't seen any demos or whatever but Telltales' adventure games have been top notch so far. Or is this just "hurr durr their marketing/legal departments are assholes so obviously their devs are too"?
Yeah, go watch some videos before you defend Telltale on this one. JP looks like ass, and I say this as someone who enjoyed all their Sam & Max offerings, Tales of Monkey Island and Back To The Future (sort of).

As for the Jeep, major dick move TT. I like to support these guys since I've enjoyed most of their games, but I'll think twice after this.

I doubt Telltale as a whole are dicks. Probably who ever was handling the promotion of this game needs to get his ass chewed out or even fired. Then Telltale should make good right away with the Jeep owner. I hope this will happen.

As for the game. It looks ok. After Back to the Future I am worried.

Top Bottom