• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age |OT| You Had One Job!

Jeels

I can't remedy everyone in the final trial without dying...Any tips?

Hell I can't even make it 30 seconds without doing. I don't understand how this is supposed to be possible lol

Hell I can't even make it 30 seconds without doing. I don't understand how this is supposed to be possible lol

I had my white mage cast Curaja anytime one of my people went below 80% health. I had my Shikari/Foebreaker withering everyone (this makes ahuge difference) 2 of my 3 people had ribbons on to help with status effects. I casted protectga at the start of the battle.

Once they were remedied, i spammed zodiark. Once Ghis goes down its dramatically easier, 2 Zodiarks almost kill ghis.

Szadek

If you used reverse to beat stage 99, use esunga right away, otherwise you don't stand a chance.
After that, throw everything you have got at Judge Ghis (dark energy, zodiark, etc.), since he only has like 120k HP.
If you debuff everyone, you now only have to deal with 2 judges at a time, because of one of them is asleep, another immobilized and confused.
You have to kill the judges with disease first,otherwise they will keep healing themself.
Once only 2 judges are left, you have to burst down gabranth before the other one wakes up.

Mcdohl

So...

Is there any other way to set the party leader besides removing the current leader of the party then letting the leader flag fall into someone else?

Jeels

DHpeyxdUQAMHtjE

Thanks all!

After doing all the side content it's still up there for me after IX and XIV. :) Happy this got remastered to wash the taste XV left.

Havok1313

So...

Is there any other way to set the party leader besides removing the current leader of the party then letting the leader flag fall into someone else?

When outside of cities, press up/down on the d-pad to change leaders. or left/right? i think it's up/down

Astral Dog

Playing the God of War 3 remaster along with FFXII , and i can't help but think this looks... better? 🤔

Well a bit more pleasing at times, loving the texture detail, iq and lightning touches, they did a good job with this one. GOW show their age.(those set pieces though :O)

Maledict

There are multiple aspects of FF12 which basically require a strategy guide unfortunately. There's no possible way to figure out some of the bazaar recipes without a guide, or the locations of certain abilities, or how to spawn certain rare mobs.

It's a great game but you can see the flaws even whilst you can enjoy it hugely.

from many pages back:

okay...

using this map, https://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/459841-final-fantasy-xii/faqs/46722, & assuming you've unlocked the scorpio gate:

1) go from viii to ix
2) go from ix to x
3) go from x to sagitarius & hit switch
4) open S2, go to xii
5) go from xii to xiv
6) go from xiv to leo & hit switch
7) open L2, go to xv
8) go from xv to libra & hit switch
9) open L2, go to capricorn & hit switch
10) open C1, go to virgo & hit switch
11) open V2, go to capricorn & hit switch
12) open C2, go to xvii
13) go from xvii to xviii
14) go to aquarius & hit switch
15) open A1, go to taurus & hit switch
16) open T2, go to #1 (hastega)...

i think that's it :) ...

Koren

It's annoying to have the game and not the PS4 :/ I want to play this again...

The only thing I disliked in the first is that the gambit were gimped at the beginning, it's so annoying. :/

I remember one of my friends managed to finished the game with the levels you have at the end of the first dungeon (between 1 and 3 depending on the character), but he killed a dualshock by making circles with a stick for >100h ;)

MrDaravon

18-combo Quickening with Whiteout...

Am I really not going to get the Platinum on this game because of this total fucking garbage trophy? FML

Vindicator

14-Combo ending with Luminescence...
Gonna hook up my Hori fps pad tomorrow. Face buttons on auto-fire and praying for some good RNG to get Black Hole.

About the License board: This is my first time playing FFXII and after finally getting to Rathwall's tomb, I feel like I made a mistake assigning certain roles for my characters. Can I switch or am I stuck?

Toth

Whew Yiazmat down! Thank you Wither and my Knight/ Red Mage Basch spamming Darkga. Pretty intense fight overall.

It's been a long time but on my 5th playthrough of FF 12 (2 old, 3 International/TZA), I finally felled all hunts and obtained all the Espers. Not going to 100% everything since I have other games to get to but I must say the TZA release was wonderful. They could have made some needed tweaks still (better Techniques / actually useful Techniques, RNG chests galore/ spells being all scattered all over the place with no clear indication where to look, still annoying lag in the Queue list, etc) but overall, the definite version of 12 is here.

Too easy, in fact :p I kinda regret all the min-maxing I did because it made the game so easy.

Probably gonna replay the game again in the winter or something with 'canon' (or headcanon hehehe) jobs and Level/item restrictions (e.g. no 'farming'/ progress through every dungeon with the urgency of the story/always 1-3 levels below bosses).

Havok1313

Ya, people need to realize unless you made every character the same thing or something, you can beat any of the games content with your class set up, even if some setups definitely make it easier.

Even if you made everyone the same class the game still wouldn't be very hard.

Bought the game at launch but haven't played it yet. I'm waiting to be done with World of Final Fantasy.

How's the game, y'all? How much better is it than the original game? I beat it back when it came out in '06, but haven't touched it since.

Bought the game at launch but haven't played it yet. I'm waiting to be done with World of Final Fantasy.

How's the game, y'all? How much better is it than the original game? I beat it back when it came out in '06, but haven't touched it since.

I didnt think much if the ps2 version, i love the zodiac age. Top 5 FF game for sure.

Szadek

Finally booted up my launch day copy. Any easy to follow complete walkthroughs out there?
You really don't need full walkthrough. Nothing is of importance is missable.

If you are going for platinum, there are a few things you should look up:
Rare games, Summons and other optional bosses.
You might also need to look up where to find certain spell and technicks, as well as which monsters are missing from your bestiary at the end of the game .

Vashetti

Banned
I have two trophies left, all the concurrences and just beating the main story.

I suck at quickenings, I can't bring myself to grind it out. There's no way to cheese it either.

TitanNut88

I have finally finished the game. I wanted to platinum it, but I think I will skip it. Am I the only one that couldn't play it at the standard speed anymore after trying the x2 mode?

Szadek

I have two trophies left, all the concurrences and just beating the main story.

I suck at quickenings, I can't bring myself to grind it out. There's no way to cheese it either.
Just spam random quickings until you get lucky,only press R2 when you have no other options.
If you press fast enough, the countdown barely goes down.

I have finally finished the game. I wanted to platinum it, but I think I will skip it. Am I the only one that couldn't play it at the standard speed anymore after trying the x2 mode?

No, it looks like slow motion when you go back to normal speed. It's by far the best feature of the remaster. The only time i turned it off was during trial 100.

FF12 is amazing it's first half, but after you reach mt bur omisace it seems like a drop off in quality starts to happen. The story is becoming less interesting, the pacing seems worse, the dungeons are getting really tedious, the new environments and cities are a tad bit less interesting, and the sidequests are becoming flatout ANNOYING. When I first picked up the FF12 remaster and played for a bit, I wondered why I dropped it 10 years ago because I was having such a good time, and after just reaching Balfonheim I'm being reminded of why I did. I'm probably just gonna power through to the end and skip most of the sidequests now.

Got my first Ribbon from Hashmal's trial! Any other stuff I should make sure to get to prepare for the bonus bosses if I have Seitengrats to speed things up?

silva1991

Is it weird that I reached Tomb of Raithwall and still not using my black magic user?

And when do I get the option to give my party a second job?

Is it weird that I reached Tomb of Raithwall and still not using my black magic user?

And when do I get the option to give my party a second job?

Not weird at all. Black magic isn't really that useful before the -ra spells (or, at least, not something you can make part of your gambits as the meat and potatoes of that character's combat).

Kolx

So this's my first time playing the game and I feel like I'm struggling. I just reached nam yensa sandsea and I'm out of potion and only have one ether. Is there any merchant nearby or am I fucked?

Top Bottom